LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• Current State of Self Driving is probably my favorite channel. FSD still has rough edges but after viewing the talks at AI DAY it is

unquestionable that it is just a matter of time before we can start reading newspaper while commuting to work. Note Waymo

is also quite far, but they require that the environment are maped in detail. Quite expensive to make sure that those maps are

updated all over the world while the Teslas way of using AI is much more general and can drive in new areas quite well. and adapt

quite easilly. When they then add potential memory (in the fleet) to the equation one realizes that FSD is already solved.

• When one consider the issues the FSD has, one can note two things. i) 99.9% of the road network is solved. ii) in the cases

of difficult intersections it just takes one encounter of the fleet to ask the driver to take over and show what to do and the next car in the fleet

would in principle know how to handle the intersection or e.g. a difficult road closed scenario or bad markings or no markings in the road.

I estimate in a 'normal' city this will be at most 100 such location and the memory to handle these intersections are less than 1kB So maybe

100kB to 1MB per city. That's peanuts, You could easily update the car in the night with the latest findings for good off the network

and push new info as it comes during the day. One need to understand that state is not only good, and there need to be some logic if a

road opens up again ... but generally this is how we as human drivers work today, when in a tough situation you never been before,

things are a bit rough in the edges. But we remember and the next time we take the intersection like a champ. One need to be very careful

with learning new things however and I suspect that some human computer interaction at the mother ship will be needed. Anyhow there

are a few more things that needs to be in, like being able to sqeeze in to a busy lane at congestion's which I think is not solved, some very

dangerous unprotected left hand turns at some insane intersections (maybe they should go right and reroute) and a bit too timid action

at some intersections (again probably solved by memory).

• People seam to not understand the value of selff driving. It is common to commute 2 hours a day that's 10horts a week, if we are awake

16 hours a day that 110 hours a week, we are talking about essentially prolonging the life with 10 years of the time we value the most. What's

that worth? Personally this is one of the reasons I choose to live in a small city with 10 min commute to work. But hell easily worth 30-50 dollars

an hour, for a ton of people, that's 60-100 dollars a day or 300-500 dollar a week. We are talking about a potential value of 50 times that a year e.g. 15000-25000 dollar

a year. That a huge amount of economic incentive to use self driving. Sure today people must be alert while using it. But just wait and watch as history is made ...

• It is common to commute 2 hours a day that's 10horts a week

Two hours a day is higher than average. The average commute time in the U.S. is 55 minutes, both ways.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2021/one-way-travel-time-to-work-rises.html

I agree with Zephir_AWT that the best solution is not to commute. People should use web presence programs such as Zoom. Those programs can be greatly improved, and I am sure they will be. People should use bigger screens. I have 3 large ones on one computer. It makes a big difference. I think many people have trouble working from home. My solution is what Arthur Clarke suggested in the 1960s: small satellite offices close to home. People can commute a few blocks to an office building equipped with desks, high speed internet, screens and so on, and then work with others in their organization. The desks should be in small rooms with lockable doors. Open desk layouts are less secure. Here is an example at my old office:

• I have 3 large ones on one computer. It makes a big difference.

This may seem like too many screens, or an odd thing to have. You have to see it to grasp why it works well. Essentially, I have upturned my desk to vertical instead of horizontal. When I am editing a paper, I can display File explorer and an internet dictionary or Google on the left screen, the paper I am working on in the middle screen, and an earlier version of the paper on the right-hand screen. Or some related paper, a spreadsheet, or Zoom on the right-hand screen. The effect is like spreading printed papers out on a desk. When you have only one screen, even if it is large, you have to keep clicking, revealing, and hiding windows with different documents. With three high-res screens, you can see everything at a glance.

For the kind of work I do, having lots of hi-res screen surface is a better upgrade than anything else you can buy. Better than extra-high speed internet or a super fast computer. I guess if you were making movies on a computer a high-speed processor might have more impact.

There are giant hi-res curved screens that allow many documents or windows. I have never used one.

• Useful or just hot air?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Iron Flow Battery.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hard to beat the Impossible Meats though, but I am open minded:

Yeah. So far, I prefer the flavor of Impossible Meat fake hamburger compared to Beyond Meat. Beyond Meat fake sausages are pretty good though.

Lots of big companies are jumping on this bandwagon. Tyson will try again (https://www.bloomberg.com/news…nt-based-burger-fake-meat). So far none of the big companies have announced a cell-based in vitro product, as far as I know. Various companies are working on meat and milk. I think the in vitro milk may be shipping.

People might find in vitro products creepy, unlike plant based ones.

• Yeah. So far, I prefer the flavor of Impossible Meat fake hamburger compared to Beyond Meat. Beyond Meat fake sausages are pretty good though.

Lots of big companies are jumping on this bandwagon. Tyson will try again (https://www.bloomberg.com/news…nt-based-burger-fake-meat). So far none of the big companies have announced a cell-based in vitro product, as far as I know. Various companies are working on meat and milk. I think the in vitro milk may be shipping.

People might find in vitro products creepy, unlike plant based ones.

Agree. Beyond Meats reformulated recently to make their burgers meatier, so that is why I am looking forward to trying the new McD's version. McDs would never put it out unless it passed a very high bar.

And yes, the whole field has exploded. Not just the big food product companies are in on it, but many celebrity lines are out now. Not all are good though. I tried a Walmart (Great Value) Plant Burger brand, and it sucked.

• The best way around the problem of GLOBAL WARMING is to invent small 6 inch square LENR fusion reactors which can be used for DOMESTIC CENTRAL HEATING! All we need is the $$$ to put it all together. I have such a prototype which has cost me £1000 so far but would like to test it out with Alan Smith and Wyttenbach at ECALOX next year. Or should I keep it as a purely CORNISH invention???

• Plant based "meats" growing in leaps and bounds. This is yet another big advancement. Can't wait to try. Hard to beat the Impossible Meats though, but I am open minded:

https://vegnews.com/2021/10/me…ds-mcplant-burger-america

What they need now is 100% whole grain buns!

They use them all up on the Covid

Thread.

Love this flow battery trend, iron and the vanadium one, even though they are not the ultimate solution. Covid does take up much time here, right fully so 🙂.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.