LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• One fact that many people miss is that although you can have a significant more CO2 erruption from a large volcan0

I think there are two sides to human global warming. First, human additions to CO2 are slow but significant after 200 years of burning fossil fuels in the industrial revolution. Second, humans have greatly reduced the total forest and plant coverage of the earth, converting vast areas to agriculture and other areas to desert. Agriculture in fields does less photosynthesis than forested areas.

The good news is that if we stop using fossil fuels, and move most crop agriculture indoors, with reforestation we could remove the added CO2 from the industrial revolution. It would take about a century. We would have to sequester most of the wood from mature forests. I think converting it to charcoal and burying it underground in abandoned surface coal mines would work. These would be reverse coal mines. The mass of material moved to coal mines annually would be roughly the same as the amount of coal we now remove, so this would not strain the transportation infrastructure. It would cost practically nothing with cold fusion.

• I still agree with Sir David Attenborough that the main driver of Global Warming is Over-Population. We need to reduce the CO2 levels, sure, but what about the CH4 released by animals including humans???

Overpopulation is a problem, but not a huge problem in my opinion. Two reasons:

1. It will soon go away. The population of children (the 0 to 15 year old cohort) has been stable at ~2 billion since the year 2000. The overall population is still growing, but only because older people are living longer in the third world. See the video below for details, starting at minute 21. As soon as the baby boom generation dies off, the population will be stable, and then it will start to fall in places like China, Italy and Japan, where the replacement level is below 1. That is, where couples have fewer than 2.1 children on average.

2. Technology such as cold fusion can produce all of the energy we need, and all of the food we need, without any pollution and without taking up any space, or water, or other resources. With indoor farming, we could grow all of the field crops in the U.S. in an area roughly the size of Greater New York City. Total consumption of water, fertilizer and pesticides would be close to zero. The only water used would be the embodied water of the food itself, which is a lot with a tomato but not so much with grain. In vitro meat production would lower the total demand for grains and eliminate most pollution and agricultural land use. Other technology can greatly reduce consumption and eliminate many annoying aspects of modern life. For example, the internet can eliminate most commuting and business travel, as we have seen in the pandemic.

In other words, with improved technology we could support the present population with roughly hundred times less pollution and other problems, and far less land area.

Video about demography:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hans Rosling One of my favorite's my exwife had him as a lecturer if I do not miss remember. RIP.

• Here is something from the EIA. Bear in mind that the capacity factor for solar is lower than natural gas.

Solar power will account for nearly half of new U.S. electric generating capacity in 2022

In 2022, we expect 46.1 gigawatts (GW) of new utility-scale electric generating capacity to be added to the U.S. power grid, according to our Preliminary Monthly Electric Generator Inventory. Almost half of the planned 2022 capacity additions are solar, followed by natural gas at 21% and wind at 17%.

Developers and power plant owners report planned additions to us in our annual and monthly electric generator surveys. In the annual survey, we ask respondents to provide planned online dates for generators coming online in the next five years. The monthly survey tracks the status of generators coming online based on reported in-service dates.

• Here is a dramatic change.

SAS Output

Table 3.1.A. Net Generation by Energy Source: Total (All Sectors), 2010 - 2020

2014 was the first year they accounted for Solar Voltaic from Utility and Small Scale sources. It was 28,924 Thousand Megawatthours. That year, coal produced 1,581,710 Thousand Megawatthours. So solar was 2% of coal.

In 2020, Solar Voltaic was 130,721 and coal was 773,393. Solar was 17% of coal. Coal was down by 51% in 6 years

• Solar power will account for nearly half of new U.S. electric generating capacity in 2022

You may be wanted to say 1/2 of added (USA) not in total... In total all renewables like wind are still small fraction of about 10% far less than in Germany with around 25%. If you add hydroelectric/solar you get about 20%.

Switzerland always had 60% Hydro-electric at least. The rest was nuclear.

But until we have LENR all "renewables" have a high risk/fluctuation component what will need up to 30% excess generation in average and much better/bigger batteries.

• Jed,

You’re a smart guy, instead of desperately searching the internet for some blurb that supports your preconceived politically ideology,

I have a suggestion:

Do the math, then, instead of being told what to believe, you will know.

It’s quite liberating.

• LENR Electric will empower and quicken...

EVTOL

electric vertical take-off and landing — or 'eVTOL' — aircraft are one of the latest innovations in the aviation industry. eVTOL aircraft utilize electric power to hover, take off, and vertically land.

eVTOL Archives
    electric vertical take-off and landing — or ‘eVTOL’ — aircraft are one of the latest innovations in the aviation industry. eVTOL aircraft utilize electric…
    www.designboom.com

• Once again,

Do the math and stop blindly believing what you’re told to believe.

It is true, I am inclined to believe X rather than Y, where Y is a crackpot theory that cannot possibly be true, and X is what EVERY SINGLE METOROLOGIST AND ASTRONOMER on God's green earth says. That's just me, I guess.

Perhaps you should tell us how your crackpot theory and your magical math can explain:

Why it cools down at night?

Why a gigantic volcano or forest fire has no effect on temperatures continent wide, or even 20 km away?

Why does the atmosphere immediately cool down after a forest fire is extinguished, going back to normal?

Wind is caused by differences in air temperature. How can there be differences east to west if the atmosphere does not cool down?

• I think there are two sides to human global warming. First, human additions to CO2 are slow but significant after 200 years of burning fossil fuels in the industrial revolution. Second, humans have greatly reduced the total forest and plant coverage of the earth, converting vast areas to agriculture and other areas to desert. Agriculture in fields does less photosynthesis than forested areas.

The good news is that if we stop using fossil fuels, and move most crop agriculture indoors, with reforestation we could remove the added CO2 from the industrial revolution. It would take about a century. We would have to sequester most of the wood from mature forests. I think converting it to charcoal and burying it underground in abandoned surface coal mines would work. These would be reverse coal mines. The mass of material moved to coal mines annually would be roughly the same as the amount of coal we now remove, so this would not strain the transportation infrastructure. It would cost practically nothing with cold fusion.

One of the main sources of oxygen entering the atmosphere on Earth is CO2 gas, which, due to a magnetic nuclear reaction with an alpha particle, is converted into ozone - O3, because. carbon is converted into oxygen. Then the ozone decays and we get conditionally "pure oxygen" in the air... There will be no CO2 gas and life on earth will die out... Where does the alpha particle come from? If you organize a discharge between the cathode and the anode, then you will get just such a nuclear reaction ... This is LENR ...

This reaction requires atomic hydrogen - it is contained in water... Look at the water droplets in the laser beam - below...

Where does the discharge in the atmosphere come from? These are numerous lightnings... There are on average 1576800000 lightnings per year on the Earth.

That's over 1.5 billion a year.

The initial reaction during lightning is e-capture... In the Air, hydrogen atoms are donors of such a reaction and proton donors - an alpha particle is born through these mechanisms... In one second, a huge number of nuclear reactions take place in the atmosphere... Each of you smells of ozone after a thunderstorm... And here is a trivial experiment in which this mechanism is reproduced... The experiment took place in a vacuum chamber... As soon as air was pumped into the chamber and you observe discharges - in these moments carbon turned into oxygen - see from 9 minutes 20 seconds - Tests in a vacuum chamber 29.07.2015 2_3 - Kacher on the ignition coil - Испытания в вакуумной камере 29.07.2015 2_3 - Качер на катушке зажигания - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMpfSFIO8Ro

12 minutes 07 seconds - the experimenter says - "Oh, what air!" His friend asks - "Ozone?" and he replies - "Yes, ozone ..."

What happened... The air was pumped out... They created a vacuum... There was no ozone in the chamber!!! Then they began to supply air to the vacuum chamber from 7 minutes 53 seconds ... And nuclear reactions began in the discharge zone!

I use this experiment to explain LENR in my analysis of Parkhomov's report - Klimov-Zatelepin Seminar December 1, 2021 - A.G. Parkhomov's report part 14 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB10UZaa2c0

Watch from 19 minutes 23 seconds...

• I'm sure energy suppliers in the SE of UK are concerned about our weather. The last 5 days have been cold, below freezing by dawn, with clear skies and sunshine all day but no wind at all- not a breat.. Solar is working very well for January, but with little storage it isn't producing anything until almost 9AM and output is back to zero by 4 pm at the latest. So no use at the peak times - so the grid is using a lot of very expensive fossil gas, and the domestic energy price cap means that the suppliers cannot always get from the consumers what it costs them to buy.

• I'm sure energy suppliers in the SE of UK are concerned about our weather.

Wind has a wide range of productivity from 5% to 300%...It's ugly! Without really many really large storage units (10000gwh) you are dead like a stone...

One storage option is to covert excess wind energy to hydrogen and bring it back via fuel cells but for this we will need Hydrolysis with LENR effect...

Here in Switzerland we own some really large storage lakes that each can generate 1000MW for some time but more than a week is rarely possible...

For me flow batteries are the best solution. These can have the size of an oil storage tank with more than 10'000 m3. It is also easy to scale the power. Further the electrolytes are cheap compared with lithium and do not loose energy for a very long time.

But as usual. These are dead parts for 98% of the years time and somebody has to finance them...

• NASA Technology Gateway

Double-Acting Extremely Light Thermo-Acoustic (DELTA) Convertor | T2 Portal

Overview

NASA's Glenn Research Center has developed a novel Double-acting Extremely Light Thermo-Acoustic (DELTA) convertor that operates at high frequencies (>400Hz) with greatly increased specific power and no moving parts. Conventional engine power systems grow substantially in size and weight as their power level increases, as they manage their required reactive force, produced centrifugal force, or achievable current flow. In contrast, the DELTA convertor enables an order of magnitude improvement in specific power compared to conventional engines. The DELTA convertor harnesses the power of thermoacoustics by relying on the relationship between the temperature and pressure oscillations present in sound waves. By using thermoacoustics to drive a double-action piston, this revolutionary DELTA convertor enables a lightweight, maintenance-free, high specific power system ideal for unmanned aircraft vehicles, next-generation aircraft, mobility on demand, and any power system in which efficiency, size, and weight are critical.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.