LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• So, it appears the best continuous source of electric power is hydro, as generators can easily be pulled off or on by shutting or opening valves.

Yes, there is much to be said for hydro and natural gas, because they are quickly dispatchable and scalable. Natural gas is more expensive than wind or nukes, but dispatchable, so it is used as backup for both.

You need dispatchable sources for two reasons:

1. Wind varies with the weather. You can't control it, so it has to be augmented.
    2. Demand varies from moment to moment. Factories turn on or off. People turn on air conditioners as the day warms. Even when your power source is a nuke which does not vary at all, demand might suddenly increase, so you need batteries for a moment, and hydro or natural gas a few minutes later.

In other words, you need extra capacity that can be dispatched quickly to make up for a deficit in production or an increase in demand. For both ends.

Solar is the cheapest source of electricity, but it would not be so cheap if you built too much and produced a glut of electricity at mid-day. We are far from that! It was only 3% when I last checked. Unlike wind, solar peak production coincides with peak demand.

The whole system is incredibly complex, both in technology and economics. Cold fusion would be far simpler. Also, 20 times cheaper to start with, and hundreds of times cheaper when the technology matures. That's what I going to talk about at the upcoming ICCF24 Short Course. Another look at what I wrote here:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJcoldfusionb.pdf

Plus, the main conference organizers asked me to present something amusing to the reporters and investors. I believe too many theory lectures leave them glassy-eyed and bewildered. Me too! So I am working on a presentation with a cute photo of a pileated woodpecker.

It is a shame I cannot find a use for this cute video my wife made yesterday, of a bird taking a bath.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GjU-W6LJMe5-0Qj-1bjszbe4N1rxsLGi/view?usp=sharing

• European energy markets are experiencing an unprecedented shock. In the first quarter of 2022, short-term gas prices on the largest European exchange were five times higher than their 2021 average. The upward price pressures come from a confluence of long-term trends and current events, including shifts in sentiment among customers and investors, carbon pricing, the post-COVID-19 surge in global demand, and, most recently, the conflict in Ukraine.

In energy-intensive industries, these extraordinary increases are having a profound impact on production costs, which have risen by almost 50 percent in some sectors (Exhibit 1). The situation is likely to be prolonged. Futures markets are pricing European gas at twice or three times their 2021 levels for at least the next three years. Companies in these sectors face an urgent need for action. They must ensure the viability of their businesses today and find ways to maintain or extend their competitiveness for the future.....

Before the current energy crisis, one company in the chemicals sector acquired a two-square-kilometer plot of land next to its plant, intending to construct a solar farm. Under a PPA that provided power at €50 per megawatt hour, the project supplied 45 percent of the plant’s overall energy, with a payback period of only one year. At today’s prices, such a project would pay for itself in weeks.

Outsprinting the energy crisis
    A new approach to energy procurement, and a radical focus on energy efficiency and decarbonization, could be critical for Europe's energy-intensive industries.
    www.mckinsey.com

• Look at the oil price and get back to me...

North Germany solar is a joke its a polar country...

At the risk of being called "conspiracy theorist" I wish to make the comment that..... the Sun (power) has been blocked for many years now to almost 50% in my own estimation due to heavy spraying of chemtrails. Most blue sky days are turned into a whiteish greyish sky which blocks the Sunlight to a huge extent. Plant growth is stalled, something clearly observable and the effect for Solar power is that they are no longer that efficient and the price will be negatively effected and therefore the competitive power of Solar Power.

I understand this would be a controversial thing to say, but for all these years I have seen all this develop with my own eyes, living just west of Germany in the Netherlands. Spraying is heavy and most of the time. BUT I am sure people will not believe it or even look at the case I am trying to make here. The energy market (just like all others) are so severely controlled that they do not even care what we say here or do for that matter.

Connected to that, the argument that CO2 is somehow even important for the climate or the cause for something called global warming, is jumping on popular arguments which are completely false! (debate me if you wish). CO2 is not in any way the cause or reason, it is perhaps at best a canary in the coalmine, meaning it reflects other actual causes and results. An indicator if you will for the actual pollutants released by burning something.

The spraying of chemtrails causes a real "climate change" that is to say, the weather is affected and using the affected temperatures (sprinkled with much lying) to say that if this trend continues the earth will *insert prediction*. So the case in point? The whole climate business is a HOAX or a political tool, though polluting is a very real problem, destruction of habitats as well. But the real problems are not addressed because .... CO2 is somehow the issue. Anyone believing in all this nonsense either bought the lies or never paid any attention to this OR peddles the lies for their own benefit.

So Germany was leading with solar power and then the chemtrail-ing started... what a coincidence, one would think conspiratorial almost.

• I understand this would be a controversial thing to say, but for all these years I have seen all this develop with my own eyes, living just west of Germany in the Netherlands. Spraying is heavy and most of the time.

The only chem-trails that can be confirmed are diesel nano particles and nitrogen clouds from airplanes. Worst is nitrogen from diesel that above 20 Celsius forms brown clouds as N2O5 is formed.

The impact on solar cells is low 1-2% at best. Worse is the use of cheap glass that gets attacked from nitric acid and later dosh and other pioneer plants start to settle... So it is recommended to clean all panels at least every 3 years.

In Germany the state mafia did block wind power because their Siemens friends had no technology ready. 3 wind farms did spin for nothing more than 3 years...Same for long range power lines that only ABB masters...

So its a FM/R/F/B mafia game as usual.

• Only works if one assumes this is not done intentionally, I live here in the Netherlands and am chemtrail-ed on a daily basis, Blue skies have become rare. Spraying is done intentionally and A LOT of it. But like I said, many will refuse to see it even while the long lines are drawn over their heads (and persist) all day all year.....

• If you read anything talking about the spraying to help protect the population from the sun or its used to map winds around the world ect. best I can say is the info likely the same as the cov. vac info, seems they have no oblation to tell us anything- after congress approved lies as a means to control us

Interesting times .

• who and how???

Planes and cars do it all day! Result == Smog known since 60 years...

I do not know about Switzerland, but I do know what happens here in the Netherlands. My original training is Environmental Chemistry and know a thing or two about the environment. We are 'intentionally sprayed' is based on many observations and research. Choose not to believe it, but just looking up at the sky now and then will help.

I am not at all talking about the more 'normal' effect such as you are referring to, that was stuff during my education. I am talking intentional blocking the Suns output with tens of percent. That has a HUGE effect on the health of nature. Those effects are then used to tell us we are killing the earth by driving cars, which is nonsense! But, I do want much more green solution and hope combustion is one day no longer needed. This however does not mean what is being done to us all as we speak is not much more serious and nefarious.
    All that 'dust' (Not Condense) will accumulate more and more moist and turn into a tiny droplet, causing fog in the summer, "high veil" clouds and a layers while coming down that blocks all Sunlight to at least 50% on heavy spraying days. Then you hear on the weather report "climate change" " CO2!" "need green solutions" etc etc

Problem reaction solution, not that difficult to understand or see, just need to pay attention.

• who and how???

Planes and cars do it all day! Result == Smog known since 60 years...

I am not going to go through all that is needed to convince anyone, do your own homework or not.....

Condense does not linger in the open sky, simple observation, so explain to me how a trail is formed from horizon to horizon and persists for days. That should be enough to trigger alarm bells, no? Hint - The thick broad engines of planes are designed to NOT leave a trail, look it up.....

There is a "green tyranny" rampant on this world and I for one am tired of the lies and nonsense that is put on me on a daily basis. I studied environmental chemistry to make the world a bit better and greener, not to see it destroyed by this "green" agenda that blocks the Sun, blames us all, have no real solution other than going back to the Flintstone age, where we peddle our cars our selves. OR blame the Sun for cancer, while it is utterly necessary to sustain ones life. How about some more attention to all the chemicals in our food supply, or the fine dust caused by wearing car tires, or the insane amount of fresh water used by industry, or the dumb idea to make fuel from plants so that competes with the food supply, or ignoring new nuclear technology and build windmills and solar all over the place and act as if that is the only and complete solution without taking into account what it costs to make that stuff, or acting as if an electric car does not pollute.... . THAT is the problem!

• Well said Edo, your training as an environmental chemist reveals all the lies and nonsense put out by the carbon dioxide dilemma. And the horrific consequences of the unjustified rises in retail electricity bills, which whilst I agree it is a good idea to use less energy, the big companies like EDF etc. are conning us that they are saving the planet by hiking the prices!

• Condense does not linger in the open sky, simple observation, so explain to me how a trail is formed from horizon to horizon and persists for days.

Many such trails you mentioned have been investigated and found harmless. A single trail covers a tiny fraction of the space angle and usually has two effects. The blocking of the IR radiation from earth is far more dominant than the blocking of the sun light. So in fact these trails are heating the earth.

Air planes can travel up to 13'000 meters if there is no air circulation up there these trails can stay for a half day at least.

Do not overestimate what people can do. Putins madness is by far the most dangerous pollution we face today.

• Many such trails you mentioned have been investigated and found harmless. A single trail covers a tiny fraction of the space angle and usually has two effects. The blocking of the IR radiation from earth is far more dominant than the blocking of the sun light. So in fact these trails are heating the earth.

Air planes can travel up to 13'000 meters if there is no air circulation up there these trails can stay for a half day at least.

Do not overestimate what people can do. Putins madness is by far the most dangerous pollution we face today.

This is a claim without any base! In fact all efforts I made were received with "Whaddayahmean?" And is ignored
    by all officials of any type. The only research done by private sources show it is mostly metal oxides, That is in issue on its own, but the real issue I brought fourth is the blocking of the Sun with all the devastating effects on nature regardless of what they spray up there.
    All those arguments that it is "more beneficial" are to lure us in to this debate. This has been the most nefarious thing "they" came up with and should never be rationalized. Nature (or God) is in control of nature, not us!
    all those climate change effect are in fact simply explained by the weather manipulation by spraying. If you cannot see that, then perhaps it is best you keep believing CO2 is bad, Earth is going to cook, Humans are bad, and technology and science will solve it all. This is of course promised in sci-fi movies, and it seems that promise has taken hold even in the scientific community. Ow and there is a killer virus out there 'out to get yah!' And nature did that, because we are all bad, just because we are humans. This is such low level thinking it is not funny. Where are the details, the nuance, the common sense?!

Do you think I would even talk about this if I were not utterly serious and have done everything I could to convince myself this ain't so?!

btw. Scientist should be above petty politics. and if involved not simply point fingers like a child.

Putin..... Is a statesman, I wish I had his caliber politicians in my country! (does not mean I agree or support anything, so don't go put labels on me)

You never read the part where I made a point about the design of et engines.... Those lingering lines were not there in my life before 2007. I never saw lines in my first 35 years of life, lying on the beach and such, ever! Now the skies are grey and whiteish and you are defending this to be "totally normal" Amazing.

Find the 10 differences

• Edo If you wish to make claims here, be so good as to provide data. This way we can evaluate your claims.

The world has lost one-third of its forest, but an end of deforestation is possible
    Over the last 10,000 years the world has lost one-third of its forests. An area twice the size of the United States. Half occurred in the last century.
    ourworldindata.org

When you provide citations you empower us to possibly support your conclusions.

• Edo If you wish to make claims here, be so good as to provide data. This way we can evaluate your claims.

https://ourworldindata.org/world-lost-one-third-forests

When you provide citations you empower us to possibly support your conclusions.

With all respect I decline! I encourage all to do their own research, I am basing my little rant on my own observations and the openly available information out there. I am trying every now and then to get some attention to this problem, but if you feel this is unsubstantiated or think I am 'gone off the cliff' is no problem for me. I learned that no matter what I bring up, it will be ignored, ridiculed endlessly debated and "fact checked" which is synonym for not being approved by the censorship committee... Sorry, "Community standards" . I also learned that is someone does take some heed to a simple statement or claim, and looks into it, It does wonders for understanding what is going on here and sometimes, every now and then, the shells comes off and people start to see what is actually happening and not what is being told and parroted endlessly....

• if someone does take some heed to a simple statement or claim, and looks into it, It does wonders for understanding what is going on here

I looked into this claim…

Hint - The thick broad engines of planes are designed to NOT leave a trail, look it up.....

…and decided you were probably talking nonsense. Although if you have any links that suggest otherwise, I’d be interested to read them.

The world has lost one-third of its forest, but an end of deforestation is possible Over the last 10,000 years the world has lost one-third of its forests. An area twice the size of the United States. Half occurred in the last century. ourworldindata.org

The world has lost one-third of its forest, but an end of deforestation is possible
    Over the last 10,000 years the world has lost one-third of its forests. An area twice the size of the United States. Half occurred in the last century.
    ourworldindata.org

Good find! This document says what I have been saying, and what I plan to say at ICCF24.

In fact, the world may have already passed ‘peak agricultural land’ [we will look at this in more detail in an upcoming post]. And with the growth of technological innovations such as lab-grown meat and substitute products, there is the real possibility that we can continue to enjoy meat or meat-like foods while freeing up the massive amounts of land we use to raise livestock.

That plus indoor farming can reduce agricultural land by a huge extent. There would still be some land needed, for things like orchards.

Cold fusion could greatly enhance indoor farming, and it could increase verdant land with desalination. Desalination has to be done carefully, to avoid adding salt to the soil. I think with high temperature, energy intense cold fusion methods this could be done.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.