LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• A measurement is only as good as the control.

In Chemical Analysis you simply calibrate your instruments against a known amount. That’s usually the control. Complex matrixes force you to perform a extraction before measuring and that obviously introduces noise. You can question the calibration, you can ask for increasing the sample size, but if a good chemical analysis laboratory tells you a result is consistently found on a product, I wouldn’t have much reasons to doubt it.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• In Chemical Analysis you simply calibrate your instruments against a known amount. That’s usually the control. Complex matrixes force you to perform a extraction before measuring and that obviously introduces noise. You can question the calibration, you can ask for increasing the sample size, but if a good chemical analysis laboratory tells you a result is consistently found on a product, I wouldn’t have much reasons to doubt it.

Yes, however most tobacco farmers have not switched to PGM mining, nor have the makers of Selsun Blue gilded their offices and homes in over-plentiful platinum.

• Clarke discusses mining seawater in "Profiles." I discussed it starting on p. 78:

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJcoldfusiona.pdf

It’s a neat idea, but for example there are volcanic flows that cover up to 900 000 km2 and are several km thick that contain on average 12 ppm uranium. Sandstones and conglomerates derived from these volcanics can contain over 40 ppm uranium on average. That’s a tremendous reservoir of uranium.

I am just using uranium as an example. Uranium is about 40 times more common than silver in the Earth’s crust.

• That’s a tremendous reservoir of uranium

Australia has got heaps. of uranium.. but since the Fukushima incident..

investment interest has waned

Geoscience Australia
    Geoscience Australia is Australia's pre-eminent public sector geoscience organisation. We are the nation's trusted advisor on the geology and geography of…
    www.ga.gov.au

on the other hand, no country has a monopoly on deuterium..

It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven

..no need to mine the ocean

in 1,000 cubic kilometers of water there will also be 150 million tons of heavy water.

We would need 6,200 tons of this to produce all of the energy we now consume.

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJcoldfusiona.pdf Pg 79

• I do find some of the blinkered fantasist cornucopian sentiments here quite disturbing.

We are not even able to support our current levels of global industry and agriculture without resorting to human slavery, child labour, and the mass destruction of habitats necessary for diverse fauna and flora.

Human beings are the planet’s most voracious parasites. But a parasite that destroys its host, without the option of another host to infest, will simply destroy itself too.

• I do find some of the blinkered fantasist cornucopian sentiments here quite disturbing.

We are not even able to support our current levels of global industry and agriculture without resorting to human slavery, child labour, and the mass destruction of habitats necessary for diverse fauna and flora.

Human beings are the planet’s most voracious parasites. But a parasite that destroys its host, without the option of another host to infest, will simply destroy itself too.

I agree to a great extent, but we also have, as species, a lot of issues that are derived from psychological problems far more than from technical reasons. Many of our psychological problems, which are of diverse nature and affect different human groups to a different extent, have their highest level of impact in our so called "economic system", which is more than anything else a collection of sistematic psychological problems turned into control system.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• We are not even able to support our current levels of global industry and agriculture without resorting to human slavery, child labour, and the mass destruction of habitats necessary for diverse fauna and flora.

We could easily support our current levels without these things. Those things are counterproductive. They are an economic negative. Slavery and child labor add nothing to the economy. Slavery discourages automation and the productive use of workers. Sending children to school is far more productive than having them work. Destruction of the environment only happens with stupid industries. Destruction is a sign of inefficiency and wasted resources. As they say, pollution is valuable resources in the wrong place. Eliminate destruction and pollution and you ultimately reduce the cost of production and increase the desired end product.

I visited a house in Atlanta that had slave quarters and written testimony from slaves. In the 1860s, they drew water from a spring about 100 feet from the house, down a steep hill. One ex-slave described how when she was a girl, she spent all day hauling buckets of water up the hill. Pitcher pumps and earlier pumps were invented long before that. Apart from any ethical concerns about slavery, if the slave owners had any economic sense, they would have installed a pump and had the girl do more productive work. Having slaves -- people you don't pay -- makes a person squander human labor and human capabilities.

• Having slaves -- people you don't pay -- makes a person squander human labor and human capabilities.

That is also true of having volunteers, for example in a political campaign. Or putting too much money or too many employees in an R&D project. IBM used to squander opportunities because they threw too many people and too much money at R&D that did not deserve it.