LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• In Chemical Analysis you simply calibrate your instruments against a known amount. That’s usually the control. Complex matrixes force you to perform a extraction before measuring and that obviously introduces noise. You can question the calibration, you can ask for increasing the sample size, but if a good chemical analysis laboratory tells you a result is consistently found on a product, I wouldn’t have much reasons to doubt it.

Yes, however most tobacco farmers have not switched to PGM mining, nor have the makers of Selsun Blue gilded their offices and homes in over-plentiful platinum.

• Clarke discusses mining seawater in "Profiles." I discussed it starting on p. 78:

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJcoldfusiona.pdf

It’s a neat idea, but for example there are volcanic flows that cover up to 900 000 km2 and are several km thick that contain on average 12 ppm uranium. Sandstones and conglomerates derived from these volcanics can contain over 40 ppm uranium on average. That’s a tremendous reservoir of uranium.

I am just using uranium as an example. Uranium is about 40 times more common than silver in the Earth’s crust.

• That’s a tremendous reservoir of uranium

Australia has got heaps. of uranium.. but since the Fukushima incident..

investment interest has waned

Geoscience Australia
    Geoscience Australia is Australia's pre-eminent public sector geoscience organisation. We are the nation's trusted advisor on the geology and geography of…
    www.ga.gov.au

on the other hand, no country has a monopoly on deuterium..

It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven

..no need to mine the ocean

in 1,000 cubic kilometers of water there will also be 150 million tons of heavy water.

We would need 6,200 tons of this to produce all of the energy we now consume.

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJcoldfusiona.pdf Pg 79

• I do find some of the blinkered fantasist cornucopian sentiments here quite disturbing.

We are not even able to support our current levels of global industry and agriculture without resorting to human slavery, child labour, and the mass destruction of habitats necessary for diverse fauna and flora.

Human beings are the planet’s most voracious parasites. But a parasite that destroys its host, without the option of another host to infest, will simply destroy itself too.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• I do find some of the blinkered fantasist cornucopian sentiments here quite disturbing.

We are not even able to support our current levels of global industry and agriculture without resorting to human slavery, child labour, and the mass destruction of habitats necessary for diverse fauna and flora.

Human beings are the planet’s most voracious parasites. But a parasite that destroys its host, without the option of another host to infest, will simply destroy itself too.

I agree to a great extent, but we also have, as species, a lot of issues that are derived from psychological problems far more than from technical reasons. Many of our psychological problems, which are of diverse nature and affect different human groups to a different extent, have their highest level of impact in our so called "economic system", which is more than anything else a collection of sistematic psychological problems turned into control system.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• We are not even able to support our current levels of global industry and agriculture without resorting to human slavery, child labour, and the mass destruction of habitats necessary for diverse fauna and flora.

We could easily support our current levels without these things. Those things are counterproductive. They are an economic negative. Slavery and child labor add nothing to the economy. Slavery discourages automation and the productive use of workers. Sending children to school is far more productive than having them work. Destruction of the environment only happens with stupid industries. Destruction is a sign of inefficiency and wasted resources. As they say, pollution is valuable resources in the wrong place. Eliminate destruction and pollution and you ultimately reduce the cost of production and increase the desired end product.

I visited a house in Atlanta that had slave quarters and written testimony from slaves. In the 1860s, they drew water from a spring about 100 feet from the house, down a steep hill. One ex-slave described how when she was a girl, she spent all day hauling buckets of water up the hill. Pitcher pumps and earlier pumps were invented long before that. Apart from any ethical concerns about slavery, if the slave owners had any economic sense, they would have installed a pump and had the girl do more productive work. Having slaves -- people you don't pay -- makes a person squander human labor and human capabilities.

• Having slaves -- people you don't pay -- makes a person squander human labor and human capabilities.

That is also true of having volunteers, for example in a political campaign. Or putting too much money or too many employees in an R&D project. IBM used to squander opportunities because they threw too many people and too much money at R&D that did not deserve it.

“You can’t take water and export it out of the state, there’s laws about that,” said Arizona geohydrologist Marvin Glotfelty. “But you can take ‘virtual’ water and export it; alfalfa, cotton, electricity or anything created in part from the use of water.”

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• Water and oil were formed under the same conditions due to cold nuclear fusion and plasma formed by terrestrial electricity! We have no other way, we need to understand the reproduction of water and oil, but how it migrates into traps and accumulates, we need to know how long we have enough oil and water. The main thing is that oil accumulates with the migration of oil from the bottom due to the subduction mechanism in the absorption zones of the oceanic crust and continental subduction in modern depressions, it definitely exists and we can calculate the time of formation of our fluids. The most important assessment of our fluids is the role of cooling the planet itself to minimum values that cannot be higher than 600 degrees Celsius. This is due to the content of spores and pollen in the oil and water itself. If oil is formed at depths of more than 1000 km and even more to the core, where the core is composed of plasma formations such as ball lightning and its rotation gives rotation of geospheres and layers of geolithodynamic complexes, the rotation of which does not allow fluids to rise to the surface, namely horizontally. Without such a device in the planet Earth, all the fluids came to the surface and would have disappeared completely long ago. In general, the deeper into the Earth, the higher the rotation of the geospheres, the core rotates at a speed of 20-40 m/ sec. And the main task of fluids is to cool the planet, but since we take a lot of oil and water, a crisis is coming that can turn the whole planet upside down, there will be no fluids, there will be no cooling of the planet itself, hence the temperature is rising in many regions of oil-containing deposits and deep warming. In general, taking water and oil from planet Earth leads to an increase in temperature, that's how we need to talk now, otherwise everyone is getting hung up on hydrocarbons and people need to know where the trouble is coming from!!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Here is a new energy

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Waiting for Superbatteries - IEEE Spectrum

There is a long way to go before batteries rival the energy density of liquid fuels. Over the past 50 years, the highest energy density of mass-produced batteries has roughly quintupled, from less than 150 to more than 700 Wh/L. But even if that trend continues for the next 50 years, we would still see top densities of about 3,500 Wh/L, no more than a third that of kerosene. The wait for superbatteries ready to power intercontinental flight may not be over by even 2070.

• Waiting for Superbatteries - IEEE Spectrum

There is a long way to go before batteries rival the energy density of liquid fuels. Over the past 50 years, the highest energy density of mass-produced batteries has roughly quintupled, from less than 150 to more than 700 Wh/L. But even if that trend continues for the next 50 years, we would still see top densities of about 3,500 Wh/L, no more than a third that of kerosene. The wait for superbatteries ready to power intercontinental flight may not be over by even 2070.

However, electric motors are much more efficient than ICEs, so this needs to be taken in account. I still think there’s a long way before EVs are really an alternative.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• No, energy is needed now, by 2070 it will be too late, so don't relax, work. Carl Page wrote to me to contact me, but he never came out, but according to plate tectonics, they gave Google in August, where did this jerk do me, is it bad with their roof or what!!!! We need to finish the job, only geology will help us. Give me the address of Carl Page, who has his address, send... I have everything for the discovery of new energy, I was banned on Facebook, they wanted to ban me on YouTube, they don't like my discovery and even here. Remember, oil and water are of the most important importance and we will definitely find new energy, but this requires money of only 30 thousand dollars. so write and see my topics. https://www.google.com/search?…AoAECoAEB&sclient=gws-wiz https://www.google.com/search?…AoAECoAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• ?e=1670166849&email=tarasenko-genadi%40mail.ru&flags=0&h=WDlzvcYkVzUBp-mHZts7Bw&is_https=1&url173=bWN1c2VyY29udGVudC5jb20vZGMwMzU3MmRlOGQwYmY1MTE5NDc5M2JkYy9pbWFnZXMvMTNjNzJlYjctMmNmNy00YzcxLWE5OTQtMmVmNzM2NGExM2E5LnBuZw~~
    [News] Three Wise Men Discuss the Future of LENR and Dinara Addresses European Dignitaries

"Three Wise Men" Discuss the Future of LENR In ICCF24 Panel

Ask the experts: Solid-state fusion energy isn’t 30 years away

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA — Matt Trevithick, DCVC, moderated a panel at ICCF24, “Given what we know now, what should we do next?” featuring esteemed solid-state fusion experts Dr. David Nagel, George Washington University; Prof. Robert Duncan, Texas Tech University; and Dr. Thomas Schenkel, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

The purpose of the panel was to present evidence that solid-state fusion energy is no longer 30 years away. In fact, we may be on the brink of realizing it. Trevithick outlined progress such as Google’s Project Charleston and the fact that fusion has become fashionable, with $5 billion in private investment in fusion companies in just the last two years. He also applauded the Fusion Industry Association and ARPA-E’s growing interest in and investment in the field.

“ARPA-E dropped some huge news: there is a teaming announcement, but equally important, for the first time, they announced there’s going to be a funding opportunity announcement as early as August—this is tectonic,” Trevithick said.

Trevithick outlined the spectrum of fusion, from tokamaks, the most scientifically proven but most difficult to engineer and scale, to solid-state fusion, the least scientifically proven but fastest and least expensive to scale. There’s a race going on to make solid-state fusion viable. “My personal reason for being here is that I believe we could be on the cusp of discovering the transistor of energy,” he said.

Trevithick then introduced the “Three Wise Men” panel, noting that Nagel, Duncan, and Schenkel are “some of my intellectual heroes in this field.”

Each of the panelists answered four questions:

1. Describe one or two experimental results that cause you to remain interested in LENR.

2. If you had $10 million over 2 years to invest in LENR, what would you do?

3. Which experiment would you most like to see compete for the Solid-State Fusion Prize?

4. What advice do you have for an early career scientist or engineer interested in LENR?

Read More

Anthropocene Institute Nuclear Engineer Dinara Ermakova addresses European dignitaries and nuclear energy leaders in Brussels

BRUSSELS — Anthropocene Institute Nuclear Engineer and PhD candidate at UC Berkeley Dinara Ermakova spoke at the 20th edition of Les Entretiens Européens, themed “Nuclear power investments in a context of global instability and geopolitical change” this October. The event discussed today’s unprecedented geo-economic and geopolitical context, which calls into question the energy strategy of the European Union and its Member States, in addition to their relations with other countries worldwide.

Distinguished European dignitaries and nuclear experts discussed topics such as global investment trends, the impact of the global crisis on energy policies, and the nuclear industry’s response and innovations to achieve energy security, lasting peace, a more inclusive world, and climate goals. Among the main goals: posing the question, “Is Europe ready to reconsider the future of its energy mix?”

Greater reliance on nuclear

This is an important subject given the radical shift in relations with Russia, the case of France, whose reliance on nuclear energy is stronger than ever and sends a strong message to Europe and the rest of the world, as well as the general shift in public opinion regarding nuclear energy. In order to rebalance Europe's energy mix and ensure energy security and global competitiveness, speakers also discussed emergency measures, promoted nuclear power investment, and discussed the political issues surrounding the development of new nuclear projects around the world.

The rapid development of nuclear power plants in Russia and China, as well as their dominance in the case of Russia and their readiness to export nuclear technologies to the developing world, were also topics of discussion. It was stressed how crucial it is for European nations to review the financing options they can provide to developing nations in order to make nuclear power more affordable in terms of upfront costs.

Read More

American Support for Nuclear at New High

Amid Russia’s war with Ukraine and successful efforts to keep Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant alive, it is clear that Americans and policymakers agree: nuclear energy is a stronger option than ever if we are to solve climate disruption.

For five consecutive years, EcoAmerica has conducted its American Climate Perspectives Survey, supported by Anthropocene Institute. The annual survey polls preferences and opinions about current and future energy choices and their impact on our lives and environment.

The majority of U.S. respondents, are dissatisfied with the way things are going in the U.S. today, but they believe nuclear energy is a big part of the solution. Much of their discontent centers on the country’s actions to combat climate change, with 46 percent of Republicans, 68 percent of Independents, and 87 percent of Democrats highly concerned.

Anthropocene Institute's nuclear engineer Dinara Ermakova says, "With growing concerns about our energy security and climate future, U.S. respondents want to keep existing nuclear power plants operational and invest in next-generation nuclear energy."

• There is a long way to go before batteries rival the energy density of liquid fuels.

I doubt they will ever catch up. I don't think anyone anticipates that. Except for the liquid flow type battery, which is really a sort of engine. Like a fuel cell.

I still think there’s a long way before EVs are really an alternative.

I think electric cars will be even better than gasoline models once they reach 400 to 600 miles. As I have often commented here, 600 miles is the farthest most people can drive in one day, so there is no need for a longer range. You recharge overnight. However, self-driving long haul trucks would benefit from a range above 600 miles. Or from rapid recharging. If recharging speed begins to approach the speed of filling a gasoline tank, electric cars and trucks will be as good as gasoline models in terms of range. They are already better in many other parameters such as cost and maintenance.

Years ago, there were schemes to rapidly replace the entire battery pack in an EV. That would be as quick as filling a gasoline tank. That would speed up recharging, but it does nothing to extend range. It would mean you do not own the battery pack. You leave it behind at the gas station, where it is recharged and loaded into some other car. That sounds like a can of worms. Battery packs are complicated and have different lifespans. I do not think anyone is working on that approach. The fast chargers from Tesla are probably beginning to approach the speed of refilling with gasoline or changing out a battery pack.

Electrically powered aircraft are entirely different matter. I doubt that battery powered large-scale long distance aircraft will ever become possible. Liquid or gaseous chemical fuel will be used, or cold fusion. Battery powered short distance aircraft, air taxies, and self-flying aircraft similar to drones but large enough to carry a passenger are already being developed. I expect they will be widely used. I guess the range will be a few hundred miles when the technology matures.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.