LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• Official Post

Everything we use in the reactor is biosafe and everything that comes out is zero CO2. When talking about/showing this to visitors I have been known to drink a little reactor juice to prove it is safe. Tastes awful though. We do plan to go mainstream, and we have had several recent approaches from investors wanting to climb on board, but we are insisting on getting through all the validation/accrediation stuff first. A pedigree pig of proven parentage is always worth more than a mongrel.

• Official Post

Alan Smith they way I understand your tech is that it is does not scale well due to aluminum supply. Is it correct? But it will fit well into hydrogen manufacturing ecosystem based on Aussie/Israeli tech which solves the problem of storage and delivery using existing infrastructure.

The other technologies might be employed for hydrogen production are:

- solar/wind plus hydrolysis

- Joi scentific sea water process

- exotic tech like hydrogen solar cells, artificial photosynthesis etc.

• The German car industry just found out... that green = electric cars will cut their business by factors. An electric car needs much less maintenance as you can use the motor as a generator for breaking and thus avoid using a classic break system (only there as a backup). Electro motors rarely need oil... They live way to long... and even worse they need a fraction of the manpower for construction.

Why does anybody believe that the automobile sector will act on its own and build small electric cars?? If cheap transportable Hydrogen fuel will be available - I guess even Alan's process could be optimized for cars - then there will be a very disruptive period for the whole sector.

There is already a small market for refurbishing classic car with batteries & electro motors, electronic. Suddenly this could become an interesting business too.

• Official Post

There is no shortage of the kind of aluminium we designed oursystem to use - just the lowest grades of very hard to re-smelt foil and so called 'fluff' from machining. At least 0.5M tonnes of UK waste of this type is landfilled or exported and dumped in Asia every year. That represents 50ktonnes of hydrogen or 185GWth. Around 5M+ tonnes of beverage cans are stockpiled waiting for a commodity price boom that would make smelting them economic, And smelting those releases dioxins and furans - and to get them up to 'saleable ingot' quality can take multiple energy intensive remelts. But the best thing about our process is that we make clean and commercially valuable aluminium compounds as an end product, and they are worth enough to make the hydrogen free. And we have other tricks too.

• Official Post

Alan Smith I would verify 30Mt number but yes.

The tech you have doesn't have to be a primary source of hydrogen it just needs to be economically feasible compared to other sources. Then it will trickle down into major supply stream.

I've seen calims, for instance, that conventional electrolysis can produce 1kg of hydrogen gas using 25kWh of electricity. If you put that to where electricity is just few cents a kilowatt the price looks pretty competitive if you can efficienttly distribute final product from there.

• Official Post

Thanks for the link. You are right about 'a few years away' - and I don't see how they are planning to delacquer the cans - which is a difficult trick in your kitchen, difficult anywhere without causing pollution unless you know how to do it. And who is going to sort out the sludge the process leaves behind? Making that into something useful valuable and recyclable is what we are good at.

• Official Post

https://revolution-green.com/the-tetrapak-problem/

by Simon Derricutt | Dec 20, 2018 | Hydrogen, Recycling | 1 Comment

Subsequent to the Trolysis post a couple of days ago, Alan Smith wrote to me to say he thinks his process will also recycle Tetrapaks. You may not have been aware of it, but tetrapaks, though they’ve revolutionised sales of liquid products by reducing the cost of the package and the packing density of such products, are lousy when it comes to recycling. The paper can’t be separated from the Aluminium, and the Aluminium tends to have problems in incineration, so they are often just sent to landfill instead to save the headaches.

If Alan’s process will not only recycle tetrapaks, but make a profit doing so, then he’ll have saved a lot of waste and also made the landfills last longer. However, at the moment he’s run out of the stored packaging he’s been experimenting on. If anyone has some tetrapaks (not too smelly, please!) or some scrap sheets of the paper/plastic/Aluminium laminates that are spare, please give him a ring.

His lab is in Essex, at Unit 3, Hammonds Farm, Stapleford Road, Stapleford Abbotts, Romford, Essex. RM4 1RR. UK. The mobile number is +44 7944 847870. I’m expecting him to pay a reasonable carriage, and he’d like 20-40kg of the stuff if possible.

This is one of those win-win situations, where the new technology both removes a problem and makes it profitable to do so. Your help in providing a sample of the problem will be appreciated.

Alan Smith8 hours ago

Hi Simon - thank you for posting this- and of course we will be happy to pay reasonable freight charges if required. Though from China might stretch our budget too much. As with our work on soda cans (and food packaging aluminium and machining waste) our whole plan is to turn the stuff that is dumped because nobody wants it into things that are both green and useful. And (seeing as it it almost 2019) my NY Resolution is to make our laboratory into a beacon of useful creativity in solving at least a few of the world's problems caused by our difficult relationship with waste and energy.

• Norwegian engineers reveal an inconvenient wahrheit about Germany's green energy December 20th, 2018

http://www.cfact.org/2018/12/2…ion-has-hit-a-brick-wall/

"The dream of supplying Germany with mainly green energy from sunshine and wind turns out to be nothing but a fading illusion. Solar and wind power today covers only 27% of electricity consumption and only 5% of Germany’s total energy needs, while impairing reliability and raising electricity prices to among the highest in the world"

""The cost of Germany’s “Energiewende” (energy transition) is enormous: some 200 billion euros by 2015 – and yet with minimal reduction in CO2 emission. .. coal consumption and CO2 emissions have been stable or risen slightly the last seven to ten years. In the absence of a miracle, Germany will not be able to fulfill its self-imposed climate commitments, not by 2020, nor by 2030.

• Official Post

Simon said:- Alan Smith wrote to me to say he thinks his process will also recycle Tetrapaks.

Not quite the same process btw, but using smart chemistry to unravel and re-knit the pack material into more valuable items. Recycling needs to make a profit if it's to become routine- as it should be, and I am often amazed to find how shallow the corporate labs thinking on this topic has been.

• Solar and wind power today covers only 27% of electricity consumption and only 5% of Germany’s total energy needs, while impairing reliability and raising electricity prices to among the highest in the world...

The problem with solar is well known and can be attributed to the classic western mafia style of state money pillage. The target was to assure the people a net benefit on investments of about 8%. But soon after the program launch the solar panel prices drop to half what did raise net income to well above 12%. For comparison: Today the net margin is < 0% .. for safe money investments.

On the other hand the same mafia allowed the car industry to build larger & larger engines, even Diesels, that are the most dangerous and polluting ones. Thus traffic did not half the energy needs, what would have been possible, it just remained stable. German state also has no idea how to force people to better insulate the buildings.

German car and energy "paid" government also invented the rules that the train system must produce a net income for the state, what resulted in the shutdown of nearly halve of the train lines. What of course led to more investments into cars.

Of course Germany is still much better than UK and the worst countries in the world like US/China, but nobody should even dream of a clean planet as long as all the large countries are ruled by the (finance- and energy) mafia.

• The Recycling material should gear up soon,

The last of my tinkering with using mercury as a magnetron for taking the mix dust to a high state in sequence after the separation for the aluminium I would think can be handled and supplied from Recycling plants.

Maybe a mag of mercury "as it's own magnet can pass high volts and can change its field frequency. Also may not take "that" material to a harmful state. :)

As for solar within the grid. just keeps the temp down at the end user so the lost from heat within the wires, they make more money.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.