When we figure out LENR, we figure EVERYTHING out; or, why I'm hanging on by a thread.

• From Zephir_AWT deep in the first link above:

"From thermodynamical perspective the lack of radiation is the dual part of overcoming of Coulombic barrier. You may imagine the role of catalyst like the agent, which removes the hill on the road connecting the villages - because the cars aren't required to climb on it, they also aren't required to brake after it. The long lines of nickel atoms serve as a 1D catalyst in similar way, like the surface of platinum serves as a 2D catalyst for oxidation of hydrogen at room temperature for example. Not only the activation barrier for oxidation gets greatly lowered with it, but also the resulting temperature is much lower, because the resulting heat gets diluted with catalyst in the same way, like the activation barrier. The lack of radiation during cold fusion is just extreme example of this effect. Once we can admit, that the nuclear reaction can be initiated just by heating, then we shouldn't be surprised, its resulting energy will be also released in form of heat - because this is how every catalysis is behaving."

Very fine analogy, and very appropriate. It shows that catalysis can explain both the enthalpy (delta H) production and the reduced or absent production of "classical canonical" radioisotopic or highly energetic photonic co-products. That is those deduced from the historical results of high energy collisional experiments.

In the latest LookingForHeat experiment, the weight of the fuel is far less that a gram. The fuel is the size of a grain or rice. The reactor is not air tight let along hydogen tight. Where are all the particles coming from that are bouncing around? The only possible fuel is the alumina tube that is holding the fuel. If the heat were coming from such a small mass of fuel, the fuel would be vaporized and fuel in the form of plasma would leak out of the alumina tube as a plasma.

Please revise your theories to address all these issues.

• There is radiation, just much less than expected.

Main reason: A fusing D-D --> 4He nucleus is not allowed to radiate, based on Maxwell physics!

The radiation comes and goes. Please explain how this can occur.

There is no hydrogen in the reactor. The reactor is not air tight. How can fusing D-D --> 4He occur?

There seems to be a blatant disregard for experimental reality among the wouldbe theorists around here.

• Axil, once again you are confusing the reactor - which is not airtight, with the fuel container which is hermetically sealed. As for the Deuterium, that is electrolytically loaded into the fuel. Those are the experimental realities.

Have you calculated if the energy output from the fuel container would melt if all the heat were produced by the fuel in that container. What is the size and mass of the container, What is its melting point? Have you seen a hot spot appear at the location of the container or is heat production evenly distributed throughout the volume of the alumina tube? Have you used an optical temperature probe to visualized were the heat and/or gammas are coming from?

In the latest LookingForHeat experiment, the weight of the fuel is far less that a gram. The fuel is the size of a grain or rice. The reactor is not air tight let along hydogen tight. Where are all the particles coming from that are bouncing around

The weight of fuel plays no role here as I am talking about atom-sized collisions within layers 50 nm thick. For example the protons/deuterons impacting lithium surface in Unified Gravity reactors fuse with lithium under formation of alpha particles at the temperature tightly just above melting point of lithium (~ 180 °C), but not higher - why? When the lithium is solid, its surface gets clogged with lithium hydride fast. Also the surface of lithium isn't perpendicular to path of ions impacting from cathode anymore being randomly oriented. When the lithium is molten, then the portion of resulting hydride layers can be removed by surface tension (and by flow of lithium along cathode), so that the lithium surface remains physically clean.

Why the temperature cannot be raised after then? Because the cold fusion requires the crystalline lattice and the lithium highly above melting temperature isn't crystalline anymore and its atoms are arranged randomly. Only the thin layer tightly beneath surface of molten lithium (~ 50 nm thick) remains crystalline bellow temperatures 200 °C. Just this incredible sensitivity of cold fusion to temperature provides the clue, what is going on during it: the protons/deuterons have to collide toward long lines of atoms, arranged with precision, which only crystal lattice or laser beam can achieve. This sensitivity can be decreased by coating inert crystalline material with thin layer of lithium - such a layer would remain crystalline even at much higher temperatures, as it gets arrangement from atom lattice of the underlying surface.

• The weight of fuel plays no role here as I am talking about atom-sized collisions within layers 50 nm thick. For example the protons/deuterons impacting lithium surface in Unified Gravity reactors fuse with lithium under formation of alpha particles at the temperature tightly just above melting point of lithium (~ 180 °C), but not higher - why? When the lithium is solid, its surface gets clogged with lithium hydride fast. Also the surface of lithium isn't perpendicular to path of ions impacting from cathode anymore being randomly oriented. When the lithium is molten, then the portion of resulting hydride layers can be removed by surface tension (and by flow of lithium along cathode), so that the lithium surface remains physically clean.

Why the temperature cannot be raised after then? Because the cold fusion requires the crystalline lattice and the lithium highly above melting temperature isn't crystalline anymore and its atoms are arranged randomly. Only the thin layer tightly beneath surface of molten lithium (~ 50 nm thick) remains crystalline bellow temperatures 200 °C. Just this incredible sensitivity of cold fusion to temperature provides the clue, what is going on during it: the protons/deuterons have to collide toward long lines of atoms, arranged with precision, which only crystal lattice or laser beam can achieve. This sensitivity can be decreased by coating inert crystalline material with thin layer of lithium - such a layer would remain crystalline even at much higher temperatures, as it gets arrangement from atom lattice of the underlying surface.

I have no power to censor you as out of context and move your posts to the clearance thread which is increasingly inflected onto me lately. Please go to the Atom-Ecology thread and express your theories there.

• Official Post

I have no power to censor you as out of context and move your posts to the clearance thread which is increasingly inflected onto me lately.

Only because you wilfully post off-topic, which sometimes provokes complaints from other members, and at other times moves the mods to tidy a thread by moving your posts. Never censored, only moved.

• From Zephir_AWT deep in the first link above: [now at about 10 hours back]

"From thermodynamical perspective the lack of radiation is the dual part of overcoming of Coulombic barrier....."

Let's properly credit Zephir_AWT with the point that was made. I was only quoting Zephir, some 5 hours back. I find the point a good one that otherwise knowledgeable folks seem to be often neglecting. It is one phenomenon consistently seen in reported CF / LENR, that is a lack of expected photons in a Lipinski style reaction, the lack of radionuclides in some FP type electrolytic reports. The problem is consistently and adversely 'admired' by what I like to refer to as experts in "collisional" physics.

• Official Post

I have no power to censor you as out of context and move your posts to the clearance thread which is increasingly inflected onto me lately. Please go to the Atom-Ecology thread and express your theories there.

Oh poor, poor Axil! Guess we do not coddle you enough already? :) I moved your one Lion post from Atom Ecology, because it was ridiculous. Not you, but what Lion said, or should I say...what he did not say. He whispered sweet nothings in your ear, but somehow you missed that.

I probably did you, and he a favor moving it to "Clearance". There at least, fewer people will read it. I did him another favor by not referencing it here. Did he know you intended to use that for public response? I doubt it. Hopefully no one goes digging it out again. Lion's reputation has taken a hit lately, and reading what he said would not improve it for the better.

• It is one phenomenon consistently seen in reported CF / LENR, that is a lack of expected photons in a Lipinski style reaction, the lack of radionuclides in some FP type electrolytic reports.

Lipinski(s) experiment is the wrong sample: They see the highest possible gamma, proton,electron & alpha radiation rate that is possible in a collision like reaction.

• Lipinski(s) experiment is the wrong sample: They see the highest possible gamma, proton,electron & alpha radiation rate that is possible in a collision like reaction.

A very experienced "collisional physicist" (Peter Ekstrom) once pointed out here on the LENR Forum, that there is an important expected gamma missing in the Lipinski results. Since I have no horse in that race, I am just here to report that this was convincingly stated here, I recall, over two years back. I believe that missing MeV gamma, likely represents the missing spoils of the activation energy that would have been required in a conventional "overcoming coulomb" collisional proton to lithium result ala Herb 1938, which the Lipinskis reprise in great detail in their WIPO application. They appear to get to their result without this energetic photon.

They see the highest possible gamma, proton,electron & alpha radiation rate that is possible in a collision like reaction.

Which source do you have for this claim? As far I know (1, 2, 3, 4..) Lipinski style of fusion consistently reported alpha radiation only - which frankly is the main radiation, which one should expect during actual cold FUSION (i.e. strong nuclear force involved analogy of hot fusion overcoming Coulomb barrier). The apparent lack of alphas in most other cases of so-called cold fusion rather rises the question, whether all these examples of anomalous heat production (including Fleischmann-Pons and E-Cat) are powered by fusion at all.

• Lipinski's fusion is also most transparent case of cold fusion in the sense, it doesn't use any catalyst with unclear function (like the palladium, nickel, titanium) and the main reactions involved p+6Li → 3He (2.3 MeV) + 4He (1.7 MeV) and p+7Li → 4 He (8.6 MeV) + 4He (8.6 MeV) exactly correspond the released heat and observed radiation produced. All other cases of "cold fusion" provide various mixtures of particles (if some at all) and their heat production is also disputable. Briefly speaking, this is the only LENR, which actually works like the cold fusion after all.

I believe that missing MeV gamma

Why the gammas should be missing? During Lipinski fusion all energy is released in form of heat and alphas and no energy is missing there. In general, each fusion reaction results in one of the two helium ions passing through the lithium target. During fusion test in which the lithium target was 250 microns thick, theory predicted that about 1/2 of the total fusion energy will be transferred to the target as heat. The lithium target did melt in less than a second since 1/2 of the total fusion energy of a 300 keV 36 µA beam at 0.6 fusion efficiency is 200 watts and resulted in rise of temperature by 220 degrees C /second. No heat was thus missing there.

BTW Note also the 60% efficiency claimed: it means 60% of protons did hit its target and fused completely! This is something, which all hot fusion experimenters can only dream about... For example Farnsworth–Hirsch fusor runs with 0,0015% efficiency only (and it indeed generates mostly neutrons).

• A very experienced "collisional physicist" (Peter Ekstrom) once pointed out here on the LENR Forum, that there is an important expected gamma missing in the Lipinski results.

The problem is that Ekstrom assumed the reaction would be 7Li +p --> 8Be what is wrong. It is 7Li + H* --> 8Li (intermediate). All radiation for this is clearly documented in the patent!

• 2419821984-time.jpg

https://www.sciencealert.com/p…for-a-viable-time-machine

Physicists Say They've Come Up With a Mathematical Model For a Viable Time Machine

The arrow of time - which under normal circumstances (in our Universe, at least) always points forward, making the past become the present - is represented by the black arrows.

Both person A and person B will experience time in dramatically different ways, the researchers explained:

"Within the bubble, A will see the B's events periodically evolve, and then reverse. Outside the bubble, observer B will see two versions of A emerge from the same location: one's clock hands will turn clockwise, the other counterclockwise."

In other words, the external observer would see two versions of the objects inside the time machine: one version evolving forwards in time, the other backwards.

While Tippett and Tsang say the maths is sound, the problem now is we don't actually have the right materials to build what they're proposing.

IMPO, LENR can produce the chiral effects and the power needed to generate the "TARDIS"

https://disq.us/url?url=https%…cbMa2PAPAy4g&cuid=2168707

This reference shows that the polarity of the photon determiners the flow of time. We know that the polariztion of the photon can generate(convert) the chirality of a particle and vice versa. This is the fundamental causative principal that underpins the Henderson effect. It might be said that the flow of time is determined by the chirality of the particle.

If we convert your body into particles that are chiral polarized, sau by exposing it to a polarized RF beam then you might travel either backward or forward in time based on that polarization.

https://physicsworld.com/a/cou…the-baryogenesis-problem/

kim-635x357.jpg

Matter and antimatter in the nanoscale chiral magnetic universe

The universe exists because Charge, parity, and time reversal symmetry, a fundamental symmetry of physical laws was broken when the universe came into existence because there is more matter than antimatter in our universe.

This reference shows that the skyrmions has negative matter properties as described by the the so-called Thiele equation.

The reference explains that the direction of the magnetic flow of skyrmions produce non symmetric behavior. The chirality of the skyrmions breaks symmetry. Could that symmetry be time symmetry?

If you are placed in a box that is covered with polarized skyrmions or some other rotating confined wave forms like the monopole polariton, would the flow of time that you experience be altered from current reality?

The bottom line, there could be a connection between topological chirality and the flow of time.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.