MacGyver (aka JohnyFive) LENR experiment

• UPDATE: No elevated radiation measured over different 2cm thick foam block.

It look like bigger cathode is not the best - it likely require higher current. I recommend to use rather smaller cathode that can be loaded faster. Dimension recommended in recipe is fine.

If experiment from Me365 is with H then it could mean that Deuterium is not needed to generate active LENR agent.. But in order to have D-D fusion deuterium is needed of course.

• UPDATE: No elevated radiation measured over different 2cm thick foam block.

It look like bigger cathode is not the best - it likely require higher current. I recommend to use rather smaller cathode that can be loaded faster. Dimension recommended in recipe is fine.

If experiment from Me365 is with H then it could mean that Deuterium is not needed to generate active LENR agent.. But in order to have D-D fusion deuterium is needed of course.

There is no D-D fusion of deuterium involved in the LENR reaction...no hydrogen fusion is happening what so ever, except maybe from muon catalyzed fusion.

• Yes, but I want to produce muons. Alright, I am still thinking about how Russ is producing them. Why his fuel is doing so upon heating?

Is he using iron oxide catalyst?

Lets suppose I am producing UDD. Holmlid is using iron oxide to produce UDD in abundance. How can I get muons from it without firing laser?

• After reading more and more I am convinced we have to focus on Holmlid work. This is what Russ was doing years ago too.

Please study his materials and help to make it work. If Russ don't want to reveal his findings let's make it together.

Maybe his experiment is nothing else than just this, but instead of Laser pulses something else is used. Clearly heat is involved.

• After reading more and more I am convinced we have to focus on Holmlid work. This is what Russ was doing years ago too.

Please study his materials and help to make it work. If Russ don't want to reveal his findings let's make it together.

Maybe his experiment is nothing else than just this, but instead of Laser pulses something else is used. Clearly heat is involved.

The Science that explains the laser pulse that Holmlid uses is the Kerr effect.

See

Half-solitons in a polariton quantum fluid behave like magnetic monopoles

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1204/1204.3564.pdf

The half soliton (aka black EVO) is the vortex of light that is formed by the kerr effect when a dipole soliton(Bose condensate) is converted into a monopole soliton.

QqYI_LVrx8EotdCbUksxXvngt9qMw4OYD4C0dcrcxcC9CUuMc7Ris0yQA3TCjN6V8NxGlVGaYbFLfU9alIQLYdjRZ0Wwz5BeI686GSi7YBBQmsxi6ZtJr7spLpWlT9wz_DX1jSyM_Tlj=s0-d-e1-ft

In the monopole Black EVO, the magnetic flux tube is actually a straight beam that projects axially and normal to the direction of spin rotation.

The KERR effect is a well studied subject in physics and even is mentioned in google. In fact, Rossi uses the kerr effect as a stimulus and has mentioned its application in his patent update which states that an electric field of between 50 and 100 KV will activate his reaction. This reaction stimulus was used in the solid reactors that was tested at Dorel. This is the DC Kerr effect.

See near "electrons are accelerated to 100 KV" below

https://www.lenr-forum.com/ima…vbS9DMnF4NlNuLnBuZw%3D%3D

?key=50a9396a9fe8b86b2a2033c0d7a21a2f1a4bc881b70ad2bbf9655edf0fc4bc66-aHR0cHM6Ly9pLmltZ3VyLmNvbS9DMnF4NlNuLnBuZw%3D%3D

In the QX and SK reactor, Rossi now switched to the ac kerr effect. Holmlid also uses a laser to activate his reaction.

"In the optical or AC Kerr effect, an intense beam of light in a medium can itself provide the modulating electric field, without the need for an external field to be applied."

In the QX, the first step in his cycle is the application of a high voltage arch to both vaporize the plasma and to stimulate the reaction by using the Kerr effect.

See KERR effect for more detail

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerr_effect

• The Science that explains the laser pulse that Holmlid uses is the Kerr effect.

axil: If you try to add energy to a proton (inside deuterium it works best) , then the magnetic moment tries to balance it by releasing a certain quantum of energy, what lets the proton fall into a "deep" magnetic state. A chain of protons in such a deep state can mediate (accumulate) the energy hole what finally leads to D-D fusion.

The interesting point is how e.g. iron oxide is promoting such deep magnetic states.

• Yes, but I want to produce muons. Alright, I am still thinking about how Russ is producing them. Why his fuel is doing so upon heating?

Is he using iron oxide catalyst?

Lets suppose I am producing UDD. Holmlid is using iron oxide to produce UDD in abundance. How can I get muons from it without firing laser?

After I when through my latest musings about how strange radiation comes to be. In his reaction in a response post, LION wet my appetite for his research when he posted as follows:

Hi Axil,

and it (the quasi-participle that produces the LENR reaction in fueled systems) SPITS out Particles as it goes, the one I saw was BLACK and only visible due to the shiny Nickel around it.

I naturally wanted more info, so I posted as follows:

Can you supply a inclusive narrative that describes this experience?

Then LION was kind enough to reply as follows:

Indeed, and the elements listed in my post above will provide a video of the phenomenon itself.

I would dearly like to both say and show more but doing so would put events out of sequence that are currently in play.

I will honour your request fully in the near future, be sure to hold me to this promise.

From LION, if you see a tiny black dot moving over your paper, check for particle emissions from that dot.

• Great.

But first we need to know how to generate and store UDH in abundance. With plenty of UDH it should be easy to do fancy things.

• Great.

But first we need to know how to generate and store UDH in abundance. With plenty of UDH it should be easy to do fancy things.

If you are seeing radiation from your capture paper, then you are already producing UDH and it is already activated. But as I posted above in post #40, it is difficult to capture and store it since it is a super fluid.

In LENR fuel, the UDH is not yet activated and it is still sitting inside the lattice and quiescent. That sleeping UHD needs light or heat to become active.

• LION produces ultra dense deuterium UDD inside a micro diamond lattice. In the following video, MFMP explains how this UDD behaves.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Cleaning Ti is done in boiling Nitric Acid, not something I want to try. One comment on the net suggests vacuum at 500C, which I can try though it doesn't seem likely to reduce the oxide.

Hi. First all apologies for being a tardy correspondent. You might try heat, vacuum, then flushing with hydrogen while still hot. Rinse and repeat as often as you can stand it. I think it unlikely that you are looking at TiO2 though, that is 'pure briliant while' although it shows as a pale silvery-green film on clean Ti sheet.

• Hi. First all apologies for being a tardy correspondent. You might try heat, vacuum, then flushing with hydrogen while still hot. Rinse and repeat as often as you can stand it. I think it unlikely that you are looking at TiO2 though, that is 'pure briliant while' although it shows as a pale silvery-green film on clean Ti sheet.

I thought of that, but it would load the Ti Sponge with H, and that might quench the reaction, as it apparently does in Pd. Unfortunately, I don't have a ready source of dry D2 to use. I suppose I could add some LiAlD4 to the cool end of a longish tube, then after vacuum purging the tube, heat that region gently to generate D2 as needed. The Ti Sponge would have to fit in the 6 mm ID of the tube I would use.

JohnyFive, can you please describe the Ti material and handling methods you used in setting up the experiment. For example, was your feed stock stored in Argon? Did you use a glove bag or chamber to prepare it for use?

• axil: If you try to add energy to a proton (inside deuterium it works best) , then the magnetic moment tries to balance it by releasing a certain quantum of energy, what lets the proton fall into a "deep" magnetic state. A chain of protons in such a deep state can mediate (accumulate) the energy hole what finally leads to D-D fusion.

The interesting point is how e.g. iron oxide is promoting such deep magnetic states.

Could you give us the source of infomation regarding Iron oxide (Fe2O3 or Fe3O4 ?) promoting the deep magnetic states ?

• From Holmlid paper:

The behavior with H2 instead of D2 in the chamber gives

a good zero-level comparison, since muon-catalyzed fusion

is not possible with H2. It has been shown in several studies

that the generation of fast mesons and muons is very similar

for H2 and D2

This mean we can use H2 for muon production but in order to get muon-catalyzed fusion the target must contain Deuterium.

In other words it could be possible to use D2 (for CAT) just during preparation of the fuel but for MOUSE we can use H2.

This could well mean that Rossi is doing so for long time.

Another very important thing is:

This is why usage of deuterium is important to reach very high power output easily.

One Muon from MOUSE can start basically chain reaction in CAT! One event leads to many events - this phenomenon can be also used for making a sensitive Muon detector.

If I am not wrong this is exactly what Russ is observing.

Moreover if Mouse can be stimulated by Cat (maybe by Heat) we have a self-sustaining reaction!

• Official Post

magicsound

If you want to make a few grams of D2 (4gr is 22 litres at STP) you could make your own from a modest quantity of heavy water - say 50ml. Drop around 0.5 gr of Li metal into the heavy water and add powdered magnesium or aluminium as a reactant and the water splitting agent. You may need some gentle heat ro speed things up. The lithium deuteroxide formed in the water speeds up the oxidation of the metal powder with brisk evolution of deuterium gas and the production of metal deuteroxides as pale sludge in the bottom of the flask.. If you do this in a small Buchner flask of say 100 ml with a side outlet you can easily capture the gas in a balloon after it has flushed out the air.

The problem is not starting the reaction btw, but stopping it. So add small amounts of metal as you need to.

• So the process for obtaining excess energy is:

1. Generation of UDH

2. Generating Muons from UDH

3. Muon-calayzed fusion: dµd+

I think that it is important to focus on generation of UDH.

How one can find that he is generating UDH in abundance? How to measure it in the best way?
    One thing is to generate small quantity in weeks other is to generate it immediately. We have to stop the Guess work. Everything is measurable, somehow.

• IMO, the process is as follows:

Production of UDH

The activation of UDH though the pumping of energy into UDH using either heat, visible light, ultraviolet light, and/or RF.

The activated UDH will extract energy from matter through its disruption into sub atomic particles starting with mesons.

Almost all of the muons that are the decay products of mesons that are generated through the decay of matter will escape to the far field. For example, one in ten million muons will interact with light matter. This extremely low interaction rate with light matter is why LENR is not harmful for the experimenter. Muon catalyzed fusion can be produced by surrounding the source of muons with a very thick blanket of atomically dense material such as iron or lead. The reaction cross section of muons with matter is based on the atomic density of the matter. For example, the reaction cross section of lead is a million times greater that that of hydrogen. In effect, muons don't interact very much with hydrogen and will pass through any realistic thickness of an envelop of hydrogen without "seeing" that hydrogen,

If the initiation of muon catalyzed fusion is the goal, use a blanket of lead at least a foot thick, but the thicker the better.

see

Total nuclear capture rates for negative muons.

http://lartpc-docdb.fnal.gov/0002/000248/002/Suzuki_etal.pdf

• Almost all of the muons that are the decay products of mesons that are generated through the decay of matter will escape to the far field. For example, one in ten million muons will interact with light matter.

Can you tell us how you generated the LENR muons and measured their energy?? Did you even try to read the handbook for screening??

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.