MacGyver (aka JohnyFive) LENR experiment

• @JonnyFive + Longview: Have you tried a non-porous insulator, e.g., acetate sheet? I can't see why the porous structure would make a difference if static discharge is involved. Some sort of reaction with O2, N2, CO2? What happens if you try to discharge the paper by folding a piece of, say, Al-foil around it and press for a moment?

• I quess it is tritium and porous material store it. It ventilate room soon so radiation disappear. Mica pancage detetector can detect alphas. Silver foil doubling rates is hard to explain with alphas. Maybe some smarter can explain it?

I trust that LENR can be explained with ordinary physics because if there is some extraordinary then it shoud be finded already by CERN etc.

What you think if someone explain what LENR is with ordinary physics is it worth of nobel price?

Dark matter is defined by universe accelrating expansion. There is dark matter OR something what we don't understand in universe dimensions. There is also other explanations, aether etc.

Human physics equations are some approximation based findigs/measurement from nature. They are not (full) truth.

• how can these gases become ultradense ? What is their atomic structure ?

My surmise is that the atoms of such a UD "gas" are far from being a gas. The atoms are intimately associated with a solid surface and thus have lost nearly all of their normal degrees of freedom in motion and may even have lost their normal debye radii constraints, possibly due to loss of valence band electronic interactions, now replaced by bosonic electronic conduction band interactions (?). I would guess that would be good for at least an effective density increase of around 500-fold. Getting to "ultradense", I don't know if the bosonic process might enable that. Perhaps, the "ultra-density" would also be a result of the immense "Nernst pressure".... Nernst pressure in electrolytic situations is said, or claimed, by some electrochemists to be many orders of magnitude greater than atmospheric (e.g. 10^47, p. 101 in Tadahiko Muzuno's "Nuclear Transmutation: The reality of cold fusion", very interesting book translated by our own Jed Rothwell)

But that is just my ad hoc thinking on the subject.

Glad to dialog on the subject with others who have alternate views.

• Moreover I found how to boost the effect almost 2 times. I used activated paper again and it resulted in 3.5 times of background.

Then I placed thin Ag foil at the top of the paper to cover it. And surprise - count rate was almost doubled.

Well done. You may think about a few other relatively easy experiments to better characterize the radiations. I have my own idea on the type of radiations that you observe however I prefer to suggest a series of easy experiments than to develop my theory here.

First, I suggest to place a second Ag foil on top of the first one. If you see that the effect is cumulative, then repeat with multiple foils and try to find a quantitative relation between the number of foils and the Pancake output.

Second, I suggest to measure the temperature of the Ag foils (and possibly water) and link any difference from a control experiment to the output of the pancake detector. It may indicate whether the observed radiations are primary or secondary and the energy levels involved.

Finally, before thinking about a cloud chamber as suggested by a few here, I suggest to try first with a bottle of PET exposed on top of the paper then etched with NaOH at 55°C. PET is a low cost but nevertheless very efficient nuclear track detector with a detection threshold higher than the usual CR-39.

Success or failure of one or more of these 3 simple experiments can provide much information on the radiations that you observe.

• What is very intriguing is that there is Half Life that appear to be very consistent with each measurement.

This reveal that it is not only a random error. Especially that everything returns slowly back to background is what is very hard to consider as an artifact.

If there is something wrong with the radiation measurement how it can be fixed with zero physical motion just by time?

So the only thing that is not fully examined is that irradiated objects have some charge stored inside. Well, during electrolysis ions are playing a big role. Could the water or gas coming from the cell - in some very strange way - carry a charge and store it at the surface?

Is it considered to be static electricity? How that small potential could then cause ionization inside the Pancake?

• What is very intriguing is that there is Half Life that appear to be very consistent with each measurement.

This reveal that it is not only a random error. Especially that everything returns slowly back to background is what is very hard to consider as an artifact.

If there is something wrong with the radiation measurement how it can be fixed with zero physical motion just by time?

So the only thing that is not fully examined is that irradiated objects have some charge stored inside.

If you want an answer (half live) from one of us, then do measure a more detailed and unperturbed spectrum.

The nuclei that are undergoing a LENR transmutation may carry a large magnetic charge that, locally can produce a very strong field. The main problem with this field is its ultra high frequency, that can penetrate everything.

• You have posted recipes. For the less experienced, and for clarification, it would be useful to list the steps. In other words, in addition to the materials, more precision in fabrication steps might help replicators.

In particular, how the liquid is produced is unclear, in the D2O version AND the H2O version.

I am more interested in the H2O version. I also wonder just how little material can demonstrate the effect. Less material potentially means less cost. Example: smaller jar, shorter Ni wires, less Ti sponge, less Li.

Might a battery be practical to provide the DC current?

Congratulations on your investigations thus far, best wishes for future experiments, and heartfelt thanks for sharing.

• Official Post

Ti is known to host LENr since long ( Scaramuzzi first of all https://www.nytimes.com/1989/0…eving-nuclear-fusion.html )

anyway Rossi's story make me notice that if something is known to work, someone claiming he make it work, is an unrelated claim.

Plane can fly, this does not mean the plane I sell to you can fly.

• I hope this does not sound like not too crazy a suggestion.

Is there a way to look for UV or X-Rays coming from the paper?

Both before the paper is removed when the test is active and after when it is removed?

I’m wondering if some particular signatures of atomic interaction level effects that I’m thinking about are present.

Would it be possible to use dentil film or something equivalent on top of the paper? First during the test . Then in the time after?

• If I am producing X-rays then they are very likely already detectable with the Pancake.

Sadly, I have no dentafilm.

Yes, 3x 1.3V batteries would be fine. It is important to not put too much voltage/current. Because if it is too high there is too big vapor coming off the cell. And then the effect is significantly reduced. The paper shouldnt be wet.

I have not tried anything else than Lithium yet.

• Please let me know what chemical reaction could induce the counts?

What else on Earth can do this?

What else it could be?

“Kaolinite is one of the most common minerals; it is mined, as kaolin, in Malaysia, Pakistan, Vietnam, Brazil, Bulgaria, France, the United Kingdom, Iran, Germany, India, Australia, Korea, the People's Republic of China, the Czech Republic, Spain, South Africa, and the United States.

“The main use of the mineral kaolinite (about 50% of the time) is the production of paper; its use ensures the gloss on some grades of coated paper.    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaolinite

“Various materials, including Kaolinite, calcium carbonate, Bentonite, and talc can be used to coat paper…”  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coated_paper

MethodsX  Volume 5, 2018, Pages 362-374

Radioactivity and radiological hazards from a kaolin mining field in Ifonyintedo, Nigeria

T.A.Adagunodoa  A.I.Georgea  I.A.Ojoawob  K.Ojesanmic  R.Ravisankard

Abstract

The concentrations of the radionuclides in the subsurface formation (soils and rocks) solely depend on their geological origin, which enables its variation from point to point on the Crust. Construction materials can possess elevated concentrations of radioactivity if their byproducts are mined from contaminated radionuclide sources. In this article, results of in situ measurements of radioactivity concentrations of 40K, 232Th, and 238U as well as gamma doses and radiological hazards from kaolin mining field were presented and evaluated. Eleven stations were randomly occupied in order to cover the upper axis of a kaolin mining field in Ifonyintedo. The radiometric survey was achieved using Super-Spec (RS-125), equipment capable of measuring activity concentrations and gamma doses. For each location, measurements were taken four times, while its mean and standard deviation values were estimated for better accuracy. The overall mean activity concentrations (for 40K, 232Th and 238U) and gamma dose were estimated as 93.9 Bq kg−1, 65.1 Bq kg−1, 38.2 Bq kg−1, and 59.6 nGyh−1 respectively. The estimated radiological hazards from the measured parameters showed that the overall mean concentrations of Radium Equivalent, External and Internal Hazards, Annual Effective Dose, Gamma and Alpha Indices, and Representative Level index are 138.5 Bq kg−1, 0.37 0.48, 0.29 mSvyr−1, 0.48, 0.19, and 0.97 respectively. By comparing the mean values of the activity concentrations and their radiological risks with the several world standards from the literature, kaolin deposits in Ifonyintedo are highly rich in thorium.

[…]

Method details

Kaolin is one of the types of clay found in nature, with the chemical composition of Al2Si2O5(OH)4 [1]. The name “kaolin” is derived from a Chinese word Gaoling, which literally mean “High Ridge”. The industrial usefulness of kaolinite clays can be found in paper industry [2], paint industry (as filler for paint), rubber and plastic industry [3], and construction industry [4]. They are used in the production of ceramics, cement, porcelain and bricks [5], toothpaste, food additive, and cosmetics [6]. Kaolinite clay also found its application in agricultural domain (production of spray that repel insects and avert sun burn) and medicine [6]. Recent study from Turkey showed that Kaolin clays are cost effect when used as pozzolanic additives in cement and concrete [7].

[2]  J. Velho, C. Gomes Characterization of Portuguese Kaolins for the paper industry: benefication through new delamination techniques,  Appl. Clay Sci., 6 (2) (1991), pp. 155-170

Map of U ground conc in US & Canada

https://www.thoughtco.com/map-…ctivity-in-the-us-3961098

Map of Th ground conc in US & Canada (note similarities and differences to U map)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…ia/File:NAMrad_Th_let.gif

https://www.epa.gov/radiation/radionuclide-basics-radium

“ Radium is a radionuclide formed by the decay of uranium and thorium in the environment.”

“In the natural environment, radium occurs at trace levels in virtually all rock, soil, water, plants and animals.”

“As radium decays it creates a radioactive gas, radon. Radon is common in many soils…”

Soil concentrations of “emanating radium‐226” and the emanation of radon‐222 from soils and plants

JOHN E. PEARSON & GARY E. JONES

Tellus Volume 18, Issue 23 First published: August 1966

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.co….2153-3490.1966.tb00282.x

“The emanation rate of radon‐222 from soils into the atmosphere varied 1000‐fold among geographical regions but was shown to be uniform in Champaign County, averaging (140 ± 73) × 10−18 curies per square centimeter per second.”

• @JohnyFive every thing your doing already is great. If we get replications there will be plenty of chances to experiment.

Regarding the dental film. If the pancake sensor also detects X-rays it might help to use the film to help identify if the radiation is due to X-Rays or due to particles.

It might also help to see if the radiation is localized in hot spots or distributed uniformly over a surface.

But I must admit I have no idea how to get hold of dental film either. Would ordinary film in a optically dark envelope be sufficient? I wonder?

I wonder if a UV sensor would show up anything?

Maybe someone can help? Im sure it can be checked later sometime anyway.

• Here I have Ludlum 44-103 3x3" detector with small mod. Unfortunately I have no calibration source here at the moment. But it is not hard to identify peaks.

I have been unable to find a manual or specs on the 44-103, but here is a link to the 44-88:

https://ludlums.com/images/pro…als/M44-88_&_M44-88-1.pdf

This one has a 79% open beryllium copper screen. If the 103 is similar, the screen should not be ignored and could participate in secondary reactions.

The manual on the 44-88 shows sensitivity to different sources. If someone has access to the 44-103 manual, it would be useful to have that information. Here is the table from the 44-88:

Efficiency (4π):

5% for 14 C;

22% for 90Sr/90Y;

19% for 99Tc;

32% for 32P;

15% for 239 Pu

• I found some dental x-ray film on eBay here in the UK. Not sure what the eat by date is..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Den…f2b732:g:VCkAAOSwCLNbOiM~

Dentists have switched away from film but I guess you might find one locally that still has a developing machine. Otherwise I guess you need to be able to develop it as well. Used developing machine seem to be £400 on eBay UK.

No idea if the type of film has to match the machine.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.