MacGyver (aka JohnyFive) LENR experiment

• Cheap and easy

https://pinkblue.in/bombay-den…l-x-ray-film-50-pack.html

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://www.ebay.com/p/X-Ray-D…ks-of-50-Films/1385040414

• Robert Horst - the NaI scintillator probe is not detector that is being used for the measurement - it seems to be insensitive for the radiation. Instead Pancake detector with thin mica window from Ludlums is used. But I will get other Pancakes from EBay and verify how they are working.

UPDATE: As mentioned earlier I wanted to exclude that any charge is stored in seemingly activated paper. As advised I have taken activated paper and placed it in Aluminium foil sheet. Then the sheet was folded and pressed from both sides tightly. In this way any charge from the paper would be dissipated.

Then I performed new measurement. And what do you think? Radiation level was still very clearly elevated (over 3 times) what is roughly 210 CPM. So finally I think I can exclude that it is not a static charge but real kind of nuclear radiation. Now I am quite excited. I can't find any other possible source of error.

Regarding Kaolin this is not important in this experiment - the paper is just good for activation but it is working in the same way also with a porous plastic such as a foams. Please read my previous posts...

• Oh, if reaction is deuteron + Lithium then it is very probable that I am getting Beryllium here! This could explain lung irritation and strange smell... This stuff is very toxic.

• We still don't know what nuclear process is behind this but if fusing protons with Lithium is that easy then it is awesome.

Because this will change many things certainly. Required current is of order of powering a small LED diode! And probably can be much smaller. Actually, with one experiment where anode was extremely oxidized it produced a lot of particles even that current was just near 1mA. Only little time is needed.
    This can explain how living bacterias can do this too. Or even animals or very likely also humans in limited range.

Great thing is that this experiment does not require any special handling or preparation, except for Lithium that can oxidize quickly. It is only important to not feed too high current - at least because of excess vapor that is somehow eating the particles. It is ideal if exposed material is dry - average ambient condition is fine.

• if reaction is deuteron + Lithium then it is very probable that I am getting Beryllium here! This could explain lung irritation and strange smell..

Yes, all must be very cautious with any form of inhalable beryllium. I recall one characteristic may be a sweet taste in the mouth--- that is shared with lead salts by the way. Use at least a surgical style mask, and caution about being downwind of any such odors.

• Paradigmnoia: Of course I was not talking about scintillator but Pancake detector. Scintillator is not sensitive for radiation from this experiment. So when I am writing anything about radiation it is always Pancake.

• garding Kaolin this is not important in this experiment - the paper is just good for activation but it is working in the same way also with a porous plastic such as a foams. Please read my previous posts

Pot, kettle.

Functional Fillers for Plastics. DeArmitt, Chris.

Applied Plastics Engineering Handbook.(2011). 455-468.

10.1016/B978-1-4377-3514-7.10026-1.

Fillers are an extremely diverse group of materials. They can be minerals, metals,

ceramics, bio-based, gases, liquids, or even other polymers. There are four

fundamentals that influence the property of fillers: filler concentration, particle

size and size distribution of the filler, distribution and dispersion, and shape

and aspect ratio. Nearly all-common fillers are stiffer than, that is has higher

modulus than, typical polymers. Therefore, adding filler tends to increase the

tensile and flexural modulus of the polymer. In addition, vast majority of polymers

are excellent thermal and electrical insulators. Outstanding electrical insulation

leads to extensive use in wire and cable insulation as well as numerous other

applications. Although a few polymers are intrinsic conductors of electricity, for

most polymers, conductivity must be induced through the use of conductive fillers.

Similarly, plastics are superior thermal insulators and even more so when foamed.

There are applications where plastic with exceptionally high thermal conductivity

is called for. One notable example is heatsinks for laptop computers. Plastics

allow complex, efficient shapes that fit within the strict confines of a laptop and

when appropriate fillers are added.

INTRODUCTION TO FOAMS AND FOAM FORMATION

Michael O. Okoroafor, Kurt C. Frisch, in Handbook of Plastic Foams, 1995

INTRODUCTION

Cellular plastics or plastic foams, also referred to as expanded or sponge plastics,

generally consist of a minimum of two phases, a solid–polymer matrix and a gaseous

phase derived from a blowing agent. The solid–polymer phase may be either inorganic,

organic or organometallic. There may be more than one solid phase present, which can

be composed of polymer alloys or polymer blends based on two or more polymers, or

which can be in the form of interpenetrating polymer networks (IPNs) which consist

of at least two crosslinked polymer networks, or a pseudo–or semi–IPN formed from a

combination of at least one or more linear polymers with crosslinked polymers not

linked by means of covalent bonds.

Other solid phases may be present in the foam in the form of fillers, either fibrous

or other–shaped fillers which may be of inorganic origin, e.g. glass, ceramic or

metallic, or they may be polymeric in nature.

FOAMING

Dominick V. Rosato, ... Matthew V. Rosato,

in Plastic Product Material and Process Selection Handbook, 2004

Each plastic can include fillers and/or reinforcements to provide certain improved

desirable properties.

In addition to the basic plastics in liquid and bead forms with foaming agents,

fillers, additives that include cell controllers and fire-retardants, catalysts,

surfactants, styrene monomer, systems that vary viscosity from liquid to paste form,

and other additives are used.

THERMOSETTING FOAMS

Kaneyoshi Ashida, ... Kadzuo Iwasaki, in Handbook of Plastic Foams, 1995

Epoxy Resins as Matrix Resin.

Burton and Handlovits used conventional epoxy resins as the matrix resin, and fiber

glass, wollastonite and inorganic fillers as the reinforcement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filler_(materials)

Types of fillers

In the past, fillers were used predominantly to cheapen end products, in which case

they were called extenders. Among the 21 most important fillers, calcium carbonate

holds the largest market volume and is mainly used in the plastics sector.[2] While

the plastic industry mostly consumes ground calcium carbonate (GCC), the paper

industry primarily uses precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) that is derived from

natural minerals. Wood flour and saw dust are used as filler in thermosetting

[citation needed] plastic.

In some cases, fillers also enhance properties of the products, e.g. in composites.

In such cases, a beneficial chemical interaction develops between the host material

and the filler. As a result, a number of optimized types of fillers, nano-fillers or

surface treated goods have been developed.

• OK guys. I will get Alpha radiation scintillator detector from Ludlum. I am curious what I will find. Maybe I will be amazed.

• JF said: "... 6. Get LiOD from Li + D2O reaction, 100mg Li in 5 - 10ml D2O. ..."

A CR2032 battery has roughly 110mg of Li.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_battery

http://data.energizer.com/pdfs/cr2032.pdf

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.