MacGyver (aka JohnyFive) LENR experiment

• Yes, I can provide the details.

But first I will need to specify how you want me to measure it?

What is important - How much these things are immersed in the water? You can have kilogram of wire but just tip immersed in the solution. Then only few micrograms are active actually.

I believe that Ti sponge can be at least 0.5 - 2x as big as mentioned in the Recipe. I will measure Ti sponge of the very first experiment.

• Great. I was thinking grams total.

Example:

Anode, 100mm, 26 AWG, X grams.

Cathode wire, 120mm, 26 AWG, Y grams.

Ti Flake, Z grams.

You wisely point out the importance of submerged volumes and weights.

I agree with your assessment and would like to know your estimates for submerged masses.

• Ti Sponge weights 130mg. I recommend to be at least of 100mg. maximally 400mg.

Otherwise you will have to change proportion/shape of the anode.

Wire for Cathode might not play any role because it is not immersed in the water. But because it is continually sputtered by the water it could actually do something. The Nickel wire, at the place where it was attached to the Ti Sponge look more like a Copper actually. But without analysis it is rather not important.

By the way I analyzed this Ti Sponge optically after run and there is clearly visible Lithium at the surface. It look like the Lithium actually eat the Sponge at some places.

I will send this sponge for EDX analysis to a nearby lab.

• Official Post

By the way I analyzed this Ti Sponge optically after run and there is clearly visible Lithium at the surface. It look like the Lithium actually eat the Sponge at some places.

I will send this sponge for EDX analysis to a nearby lab

That is a very unusual finding, since Li Ions are positively charged and attracted to the cathode. Also difficult to imagine how metallic Li could survive in an aqueous environment. I think you mist be seeing something else.

• would it help to get a more concentrated sample for analysis by placing an inverted funnel over the jar and sucking gently through a small filter?

• Alan Smith - But Ti Sponge is Cathode. I will try to take a photo. Then you will see the Ti Sponge after run has significantly modified surface at least at 80% of the area. So that it doesnt look like a sponge anymore.

@Adrian Ashfield - Maybe yes, I was thinking about it too.

nickec - My lab notebook for these experiments is mostly just in my head. I am just repeating it over and over. The only difference is used amount of water, jar and size of Ti Sponge. Each Sponge is simply unique.

No experiment was a failure which is quite unusual for LENR. But I can't see a reason why they should fail. But actually I did not see anyone to use a Sponge in that way. It is super for loading and perfect for tremendous amount of cavities. There was probably nobody that just used wire for attaching it like this. Like MacGyver.

• Official Post

Alan Smith- But Ti Sponge is Cathode. I will try to take a photo. Then you will see the Ti Sponge after run has significantly modified surface at least at 80% of the area. So that it doesnt look like a sponge anymore.

Apologies. But I still don't see how metallic Li can survive in the D20. If anything it should be anode material you see on the surface of the sponge..

• I will soon test surface effect.

Ni plated anode, Ti surface (submerged end of spork), interconnects of bog standard copper wire.

SNOW-PEAK-Titanium-Spork-SCT-004-Gabel-Löffel.jpg

Your sponges seem to perform well.

We need a song titled 'Prance of the Sponges'. Or is that too silly?

Returned spork to REI, Recreational Equipment, Inc. store on Wednesday, September 25th, 2018, without filing it and without electrolysing it.

Might have been a mistake. Feeling regrets.

• At the moment it is not metallic Lithium anymore for sure due to oxidation in air. It could be just residue from LiOD. It is just white. But I would not give it too much weight. It is only observation with no facts.

• How much pressure might build up if cell/jar was sealed? Could all vapor be strained/captured by circulation and filtering? I refer here to forced air movement.

If simultaneous runs are located near each other, say eight jars, would proximity spoil or improve progress?

• Official Post

How much pressure might build up if cell/jar was sealed?

The pressure would continue to mount until it exploded. High pressure does not slow down electrolysis appreciably, in fact modern hydrogen bottle filling lines use direct filling from high pressure electrolysis cells to reduce the additional overhead of providing, powering, and maintaining high-pressure hydrogen pumps.

• I tried to measure if a charge is being stored between electrodes and it is. But I think this is quite normal, isnt it?

After disconnecting from power supply there is Voltage between electrodes that is around 2.1V but quickly falls down, then slower and slower until it reach 1.5V.. Even when I short the electrodes for a few seconds the voltage is still over 1V and is rising itself slowly.

• I wonder if Robert Murray Smith might comment. I will inquire.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My new Ludlum 43-65 detector will arrive within week or so. I am very curious for the Alphas.

Now lets imagine there is a Beryllium metal close to the source. Then we have maybe simple Neutron generator that when turned off has no radiation source.

Neutrons from Electrolysis? Very interesting.

Well, I prefer just Heat.

It would be very interesting to calculate what COP could be. But if HHO gas is used it can be possible to heat for example a Nickel wire - under autoignition temperature.

This can increase COP by factor of two and Water could be Recycled.

• Hi @JohnyFive .

Whilst you are waiting for the new detector.

I had a very interesting exchange on e-Cat world with someone there called Da Phys. He is someone who’s comments and understanding I respect a lot and he has very good insight about UDH. He is of the view the effect you are seening is due to UDH and gave some very good arguments to me to explain. Especially with respect to the foil.

Perhaps more importantly is his observation if correct could imply neutral penetrating radiation that may be needs consideration.

May I ask some questions about the test with the foil?

1. I understand in one test with LOD with silver foil the test was a negative due to moisture in the paper. But in a later test with LOH it with foil when the paper remained dry you saw a doubling of the count. Is that correct?

2. In the case with the count doubling was the detector on the other side of the foil with respect to the paper? Or between it? Or under the paper?

3. If it was on the other side of the foil. When the foil was removed did the count drop again with just the paper.

4. if the foil was replaced did it increase again?

5. When the foil was removed from the paper was there any counts just from the foil. And if so how did it compare to the counts with the paper?

6. If you were not able to make these checks before could you make them whilst you are waiting for the alpha sensor?

I think they could be a good indicator of the validity of the UDH approach.

Edit:

From you posts above I think I fact the paper was on top of the detector and the foil was on top of the paper the in the other side . So it does look like the agent is reflected or contained by th foil. But I would still like to confirm that with you before getting back to Da Phys on it.

It could still be interesting to see if the steps above testing the foil and paper separately after exposure and removing and replacing the foil indicate something.

Also If that was set up could you also check with the foil. Between the paper and sensor.... if There are mesons from UDH that might indicate something.

I’m really impressed how versatile this simple test is for potential checking theoretical approaches.

1. I understand in one test with LOD with silver foil the test was a negative due to moisture in the paper. But in a later test with LOH it with foil when the paper remained dry you saw a doubling of the count. Is that correct?

You are right, except the measurement was done differently in both cases. With LiOD the foil was at top of the paper while it was on cell that was running. This resulted in accumulated water between foil and paper. And due to wet paper there was nothing measurable. With LiOH the paper was alone. Then the paper was placed at detector and then the foil was placed at the paper.

2. In the case with the count doubling was the detector on the other side of the foil with respect to the paper? Or between it? Or under the paper?

I tried it in all possible ways with same result - when it is wet then there is nothing. And in the particular case there was a lot of water.

4. if the foil was replaced did it increase again?

With LiOH where the foil was tested together with a dry paper then yes. When foil was there counts were doubled. When removed, counts decreased. Then again with foil increased. I am convinced same thing would happen with LiOD. But I prefer to not run cells with Deuterium. I am not sure yet but the strange smell that came from all D2O cells is not present with H2O or is not present in that extent. This could mean that stable Beryllium is not produced with H2O. But since I am using gas mask and minimizing exposure as possible I don't wish to do tests on me...

5. When the foil was removed from the paper was there any counts just from the foil. And if so how did it compare to the counts with the paper?

No, foil itself never gave any additional counts even that I tried to activate it.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.