MacGyver (aka JohnyFive) LENR experiment

• If UDH is really produced and it require some kind of stimulation then I am afraid that there might be nothing visible in Cloud Chamber. Then it could lead to a wrong conclusion.

I think that I have to find if it is really sensitive to EM pulses. If yes then I was very lucky that my detector actually is producing these pulses. Maybe even configured voltage is playing a role. I will check if a sparks from high voltage can do something interesting.

In any way replication is required as fast as possible.

• EM stimulated paper in a cloud chamber is not a problem. I don't understand how you see a potential problem, if well built.

No amount of instrument will give you more insight than a cloud chamber about the nature of the radiation. I am working on replication ASAP (ordered material waiting for it to be shipped ) my questions are about small things that can be helpful in preparing for the replication and gathering tools.

• Very good test and thanks for checking this.

I was curious about the Li +p approach would give something too. It would have bee be at least close to a normally accepted solution but it never really explained heavier element transmutations.

If you can prove UDH with this simple experiment it will be really amazing

Da Phys in Ecat forum suggested using the detector the other side of the foil. And also the other side of several sheets of foil.

Apparently with penetrating emissions associated with neutral Kaons from UDH decay this could lead to an increased count at the detector.

Da Phys appears to me to know about UDH much better than most. He is definitely deep in to understanding it at a proper and respectful scientific level. That should speak to some here. I wonder if it would be worth you contacting him directly for ideas about how to verify the presence of UDH or its meson products.

He also Mentioned that some volatile compounds can be produced from UDD but not UDH. I’m not sure what compounds they are but I suppose they might explain the smell you had when using Deuterium?

I guess charged meson or muon tracks in a cloud chamber might be possible if the can be destinguished from beta or protons. Perhaps if branching due to decays were seen it would be conclusive proof.

• I think that UDH in normal condition is inactive. The problem is it is invisible and hard to imagine it's behavior in the air.

With EM field or other energy it can be activated and it can react with nearby matter.

But one thing is activation and other is measurement. It look like my Pancake detector is doing both at the same time.

This could hopefully all explain many experiments including failures! If UDH is not produced nothing can happen. But because experimenters don't understand the process they don't know what is wrong. This can shed a light for example even at E-cat QX signal waveform. One part is to produce UDH other for activating it.
    Moreover I guess it has to be activated in the right way. Probably to obtain muons.

We need many experiments to understand it.

I would be satisfied if:

• this apparatus can be built as dry cell.
    • I can still measure radiation in that cell, somehow. At least indirectly.

There UDH will not escape and experiments would be much easier.

If this can work in wet cell it could work also at room temperature as dry cell! Or do you know any reason why it can't?

• Apparently it reacts with oxygen, forming water. I don't know if this is still accurate information.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1302.2781.pdf

The properties of D(-1) have been amply described in the literature cited above and elsewhere. This material is stable on metal surfaces and inside the catalyst used for its formation during several days (Badiei et al. 2010c) in a vacuum (high or medium). However, D(-1) will react with oxygen and form water if exposed to air.

• My understanding is that you are temporarily trapping the "UDH or radiation source" in a porous substrate. You suggested the pancake detector because you couldn't see the radiation with another detector. You suspected ALPHA partially because of the thin mica sheet of your pancake detector. Now that you tested for ALPHA you are suspecting a passive fuel "UDH" is being generated by electrolysis and activated by some kind of trigger. Before going toward a dry cell why not check if the fuel can be trapped by sealing or laminating the substrate? If it's UDH and it's producing muons when triggered the substrate doesn't need to be placed inside the cloud chamber and can still be stimulated by the pancake detector outside of the chamber.

• That is interesting. If UDH is stable on metal surfaces then it could explain why I am getting elevated counts with silver foil on it. UDH material is maybe just bouncing down from it. So it is in place for longer time ---> more particles ---> more counts.

Yes, maybe it is really somehow trapped in the paper or foams for certain period of time.

So probably metals are not eating the particles as I written previously. But these materials just can't trap it so there is nothing to measure.

• UPDATE: Today I received Am-241 source for a proper calibration of the Alpha scintillation probe. Calibration was performed carefully and correctly now.

After next measurement with this probe I am finally getting clearly elevated counts. So at this moment I can say there are Alphas with 90% probability. I have to perform more measurements tomorrow to be certain. Well, with no source there is zero at background. Maximally 3 counts per minute.

With activated paper at the probe I am getting 30 counts per minute. This is roughly 10x background. But more measurement is required...

Comparing to Am-241 it is nothing but interesting!

• UPDATE: Today I received Am-241 source for a proper calibration of the Alpha scintillation probe. Calibration was performed carefully and correctly now.

After next measurement with this probe I am finally getting clearly elevated counts. So at this moment I can say there are Alphas with 90% probability. I have to perform more measurements tomorrow to be certain. Well, with no source there is zero at background. Maximally 3 counts per minute.

With activated paper at the probe I am getting 30 counts per minute. This is roughly 10x background. But more measurement is required...

Comparing to Am-241 it is nothing but interesting!

JohnyFive can you shield the activated paper with something that blocks alpha and test to for radiation with your original pancake detector in order to see if there is more than alpha?

Also, I will like to know of you maintain your hypothesis about the fact that EM stimulation is required for the effect.

I am still waiting for radiation detectors to try but your feedback will be helpful.

• Well, a paper actually is blocking Alphas... So particles that are decaying must be just trapped in the activated paper.

But I don't understand what you actually wish?

My pancake will detect the particles still, too. If there is nothing that blocks it - such as silver foil.

If I will conclude that there are really Alphas then EM radiation is not required at all. The Alpha detector has ZnS(Ag) foil to detect the particles. Then there is just PMT.

Now it is getting more interesting. The Alpha detector should be blind to anything else.

But my Pancake detector is actually giving me nearly same counts with Am-241 source as my activated paper.

But with Alpha detector Am-241 is giving few times higher counts than with the paper. Hmmm. Maybe there are not just Alphas.

• But I don't understand what you actually wish?

Hmmm. Maybe there are not just Alphas.

your alpha detector can only see Alpha but your pancake detector can see more. My question is if you shield the activated paper to block alphas, Do you still see other radiations with your pancake detector? I trying to see if there is more than Alphas and eventually see if they are secondary emissions.

• magicsound I have 5cm diameter jar. But I was using one with 6cm diameter too. It could be better because solution level is more constant in wider area. I am putting everything just at the bottom.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.