MacGyver (aka JohnyFive) LENR experiment

• magicsound

Looking forward to see that. By the way, the 50% daily change I mentioned apparently was a peak value; in the couple last days it's been progressively lower.

The background file for J5-1 was taken just before the active run, and previously posted at:

https://drive.google.com/open?…OWbRdC0cMyAvuf_7QgKYjAVGv
    The csv data has two discontinuous segments, and neither section is long enough to show siderial cycles.

There's a 25-hour background file from the LION-AG test in May 2018:

https://drive.google.com/open?…NUEWoC8RmPlsqKht7qR3EL1Rs
    That data was taken during a power calibration run, and there may be RFI artifacts from the power system, though none were noted during this test or previously seen for the GMC.

Both these tests were done with the detector facing horizontally, separated from the test stand by about 15 cm.

If you need a longer sample for siderial analysis, try looking at the J5-1 data itself, which ran over 4 days;

https://drive.google.com/open?…QwIkNTnAHXPPF6kbo2BXMTa3a

Since the orientation of the detector might affect detection of cosmogenic background, I will do a dedicated long background sample, starting today.

How long a sample do you think necessary for your analysis? one day, two or many? Is the 10-second sample interval appropriate?

• magicsound

I haven't performed any detailed analysis yet, but the 25-hour background at first glance does not seem to visually show a significant influence from the cosmogenic background, although it could have been attenuated by the lead shielding. Here I used a 7200 samples (2 hours assuming equally spaced samples) CPM calculation and scaled the various series on the Y axis so that they're more clumped together:

The graph I posted in an earlier was indeed from the J5-1 data.

How long a sample do you think necessary for your analysis? one day, two or many? Is the 10-second sample interval appropriate?

At least one full day; ideally two days. more is not necessary but would still be interesting.

A 10-second sample interval would be more than enough as this would only be looking at long term changes.

Thanks for your time.

• At least one full day; ideally two days. more is not necessary but would be still be interesting.

A 10-second sample interval would be more than enough as this would only be looking at long term changes

OK, It's running. The GMC is facing up and moved away from the lead cave, and added a paper cover over it to mitigate dust settling on the bare mica diaphragm. I'm logging only the GMC counts and my He3 Neutron detector. I'll leave it running for two full days and post the data when done.

• The last post from Johnny 5 was 10 days ago on this thread. Has he dropped from sight?

This was an interesting venture and Magicsound a most capable replicator.

Just because a first attempt was not successful in replication does not mean a project should be dropped.

As J5 had stated, this was supposedly a very simple and inexpensive test to conduct that was highly repeatable. Just what is needed!

Why drop it so quickly?

One has to then ponder if it is dropped so quickly, was it real to start with. Alan Smith does not think so.

Which will it be?

One of several "Eureka, I definitely have it" claims (such as ME356, LION and others) that disappear once investigated

or will the endeavor march on until a clearer understanding of what happened is found?

J5, are you still convinced with your tests and are working with Magicsound towards a successful replication?

If J5 disappears, will this leave us with only the "Androcles" project to watch and see how it ends. Like the others mentioned, "big claims

but no results in the end" or "finally, a repeatable and confirmed LENR reactor"? Unfortunately, neither is very clear at the moment.

• Don't worry. I am here and I am convinced about my results perfectly.

Actually I have news about replication with a different Pancake detector from E-Bay.

I can replicate the results with this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Great…cAAOSwQcJaMHAZ:rk:16:pf:0

It is probably the cheapest Pancake detector I found but probably the best one. It is basically on par with my Ludlums Pancake.

Bias voltage was configured to 400V. But you need to do some soldering.

I am just quite busy since we are doing a bigger reconstruction in our labs. So my experiments were paused.

• OK, It's running. The GMC is facing up and moved away from the lead cave, and added a paper cover over it to mitigate dust settling on the bare mica diaphragm. I'm logging only the GMC counts and my He3 Neutron detector. I'll leave it running for two full days and post the data when done.

What were the results from this run?

• So guys, there was a bigger pause with very few news about these experiments.

But now we have SEM microscope with EDX in our lab just for our disposal. After examining many Cathodes from my runs I found very clear traces of Palladium inside Titanium. It seems to be deeper in the lattice. With 15KV accelerating voltage it can be detected. I found out that doing analysis is just time consuming as hell.

To confirm this is not just an induced impurity I was also carefully examining Anodes and especially original Sponges and other Sponges from the same batch that I have. No Palladium found elsewhere.

It is clearly apparent only in runs that took 2 weeks or more and is detectable rather near the voids in the Sponge. The problem with analysis is that the Sponge is rather fully covered with Lithium.

I will share EDX report as soon as possible. This clearly confirms that some nuclear process is going on there and it is worth of investigation.

• I forgot to mention that since there was no successful replication yet I am trying to make it as easy as possible.

So ordering generally available parts and trying.

I tried Ni-200 Vaping Wire from EBay and I can confirm that this is working well too. Interestingly they are quite pure. At the surface there is pure Nickel. But deeper inside there is Aluminium. But still, it works.

• No, Ni-200 Vaping Wire from EBay is around 99% Nickel and rest is Aluminium.

Or do you think that our new EDX is faulty?

Of course I can't confirm if this is same for all.

• I bought Ni-200 from E-Bay that anyone can buy and performed analysis.

And there is Aluminium inside. That's it :) Please accept it.

It would be very strange if $2 wire would be pure Nickel, HAHA.

• I know how Ni200 should like like :)

But this has nothing to do with Commercial Ni-200 :)

Please read my previous posts to find what is point of getting goods from EBay.

• You are right. That is very strange to me as well.

As EDX operator you have to be aware about incorrect interpretation. Identified peaks could be very close to other elements.

But close to Palladium there are only highly radioactive elements that I dismissed - for example Radium. So Palladium is the only one that fits.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.