QX Concepts - A less critical Rossi thread.

• It really can‘t be that difficult to maintain a nuclear excess heat producing plasma under atmospheric pressure in 3 tiny little transparent tubes assembled with Home Depot parts and duct tape on a table...no expensive lab equipment needed it seems to see the new light?

• zorud

You won't obviously create an industrial product out of Home Depot-acquired parts, but it's not that many other cold fusion experiments from countless other authors have a higher level of sophistication. Randell Mills of BLP used a (modified?) spot welding machine in some demonstrations, by the way.

• I think it really is that easy. All Rossi is doing is the same thing as BLP except with different elements and in a gaseous plasma rather than a molten metal.

If you apply a fast pulse to current to a hydrogen environment along with catalytic elements (which also double as LENR fuel) you will produce altered forms of hydrogen that fuse with nearby elements and produce nuclear reactions. It is the same thing that Simon Brink is doing except in a more controlled manner.

• Official Post

The same was said when early on Rossi showed the single 10-15kW Ecat LT reactors. They were crude, but in no time he had them looking more refined. Some of the IH pictures from their NC lab of the "6 cylinder" were impressive. I would suspect the same will happen here for the Jan 31st live stream demo. What we will see, will be a better looking system than the Nov 2017 QX demo.

Rossi never ceases to defy lowered expectations, and I do not think this time will be any different. He is even hinting it may be hooked up and performing work in the customers factory. Not sure about that though. Maybe it is time for Adrian to give us an update?

• The same was said when early on Rossi showed the single 10-15kW Ecat LT reactors. They were crude, but in no time he had them looking more refined. Some of the IH pictures from their NC lab of the "6 cylinder" were impressive. I would suspect the same will happen here for the Jan 31st live stream demo. What we will see, will be a better looking system than the Nov 2017 QX demo.

Rossi never ceases to defy lowered expectations, and I do not think this time will be any different. He is even hinting it may be hooked up and performing work in the customers factory. Not sure about that though. Maybe it is time for Adrian to give us an update?

Just as an update, Gerold S. is working on the second version of the draft 2D drawing.

I expect the demonstration to be extremely underwhelming because:

1) There will be no third party verifying Rossi's measurements.

2) The measurement setup will be adequate but sloppy.

3) The customer will not reveal themselves and will not comment in the video.

4) There will be no reason not to believe that Rossi didn't invent this company himself.

5) There will be no one to verify there are no hidden power sources.

Basically, I expect the presentation to be more harmful to the LENR community than beneficial.

The ONLY thing that will help the community is if someone successfully replicates the QX and openly shares their results.

I'm going into watching the presentation believing that the customer is JM Products.

• Surely we know enough about the QX, and additionally the whole backgroung to LENR including atom ecology,

No.

You conveniently forget the list of things you don't know I posted earlier.

If it were that easy and you know how to do it, what don't you and Zoroud have a go? Rossi wasn't born with a lab.

I'm tired of your negatives speculations. What difference would it make if you were right or wrong? None.

Rossi is under great time pressure. A normal fast schedule wouldn't see the factory completed until the end of the year and tested products available six months later. He ways he hopes to demonstrate one heating a factory on Jan31. He will be lucky to have one by then.

Unlike you, I expect Rossi to keep his word and show a working SK reactor to attract more clients. The only proof that will satisfy the critics is commercial use.

• I think we know enough about the QX to build a working unit with a moderate amount of trial and error. The basic concept is no different than Paulo Correa's Pulsed Abnormal Glow Discharge device, Chernetsky's self generating discharge device, BLP's suncell, and others. Basically, you simply need to apply a fast discharge through the abnormal glow discharge regime and turn it off or back it away before a true arc discharge is achieved. A replicator would probably need to spend a good deal of time on the power supply to make sure it can be easily controlled so that a true arc discharge is not produced.

• To begin with I think replicators should only use two electrodes instead of three sets of electrodes.

I think copious excess heat can be produced with only two electrodes. Once the basic concept is proven, there will be hundreds of different ways to vary the system.

• So say we were able to replicate the SK with our own recipe and obtained a reliable COP of say 5-10 for several months, what would be the next step? Obtain a licence to manufacture from Rossi & flood the market with copy-e-cats (since AR is not actually selling them, only the heat}? This would certainly raise confidence in LENR, promoting the SK as a simple central-heating device availiable from Wal-mart etc. For larger reactors generating electricity we could develop the Safire plasma-type reactor operating at higher temperatures with much larger LENR fuel supplies.

• what would be the next step? Obtain a licence to manufacture from Rossi & flood the market with copy-e-cats

There would be no legal requirement to get a license and various manufacturers would sell product without giving Rossi a cent.

Rossi would then find it very difficult to get financing for further research and for productive facilities.

• Interesting. Might Rossi be then induced into some kind of partnership with the 'replicators' in return for a percentage of each SK-copy sold? He would also have the option of sponsoring more advanced reactor research/designs in addition to his own. He'd probably just tell us to FO and mind our own business. So we could knock them out like hotcakes here in the UK once we've left the EU behind - removing EU patent restrictions too!

• I'd want to check out the business case. Eg how long does a charge last, cost of replacement etc. That may require further research and testing including safety.

In parallel I would check out the patent situation. Both that of rivals and possibly submit my own.

Assuming that's all good then I would build a prototype of a consumer grade 20kW boiler as a demonstrator. Tout that around manufacturers of similar products and heat pumps looking to license either the design or the technology.

If the patent search throws up prior art I guess I would have to discuss a deal with the patent owner. Can't really predict what sort of deal that would involve.

• The patents on cold fusion go back and back in time to even before F & P if you look at Russian literature, so I don't believe anything more can be patented other than what has already been done, it's all 'prior art'. Except perhaps for Wyttenbach's new Rotatatoral Collapse Field Coupling 6-dimensional mathematical approach, which isn't all that complicated if one assumes 3 dimensions in space and 3 in velocity. And that the strong nuclear force is just a magnetic field holding nucleons together. If the examiners don't throw it out on prior art grounds this patent could form the basis for providing the backgound unique IP for such a cold-fusion device-so then we have a SK type reactor that works and the theory underlying precisely how it works. Can't do better than that.

• Rossi is 68. The only ones who would make money from patent chaos are the lawyers.

No replicator would give money to Rossi if they marketed the device.

Inventor's syndrome Director is dreaming if he thinks it would be possible to replicate the SK before Rossi has it on the market and proven - if it works at all.. if it doesn't work there would be no point in replicating it.

BY then Rossi would have proof and manufacturing facilities in operation. With the big bubble about to burst in the next year or so, it is therefore foolish to speculate what would happen. Not enough is known.

• One reason I am hoping that someone will replicate the QX is that I honestly do not believe Rossi will be able to mass produce the QX anytime soon. If he already had a large client that could finance a massive factory, he wouldn't be releasing a presentation in January. Rossi has admitted that he is publishing the video to get clients. However, anything client that didn't have billions of dollars at their disposal to hire the best lawyers would have to worry about Rossi's enemies sending government agencies after them to close down their plant. I think it is likely Rossi may over the next several years end up with a half dozen small clients, but he will not be able to earn the kind of money he needs to build a giant factory to produce millions of QX units a year.

The world needs LENR right now. If the QX is replicated and we can PROVE that it works there will be MANY companies large and small that INSTANTLY become interested. Hopefully, they will go to Rossi and ask for a contract. If no one replicates the QX, no one but small companies will be working with Rossi and five years from now (if Rossi has not died of cancer or some other illness) we will be in the same situation we are in today.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.