QX Concepts - A less critical Rossi thread.

• I doubt Rossi reads this blog, but if he did he would clam up even tighter.

The last this thing he needs is for someone to replicate the QX.SK and /give his IP to the world.

• Official Post

I doubt Rossi reads this blog, but if he did he would clam up even tighter.

The last this thing he needs is for someone to replicate the QX.SK and /give his IP to the world.

Funny.... BLP believes if the schematic on this thread, is what Rossi actually has, he will be in violation of their IP. Would not surprise me in the least, if the first person to market is not challenged by a number of people crawling out of the woodwork, claiming they were there first. I predict it will be a legal mess. A good mess to have, as it would mean we finally made it across the goal line.

• The pressure is a good question. I suspect it is very low to allow for a field effect emission of electrons. However, the combination of elements in the ionized environment may lower the voltage requirement even further. For example, vaporized lithium could interact with atomic hydrogen to release electrons which could sustain the plasma at a lower voltage. Vaporized nickel or platinum might do the same thing. Black Light Power calls this a resonant transfer plasma.

It seems like there is an initial high voltage impulse that ionizes the environment and then there are much lower impulses that allow the excess heat effect to continue. I think each pulse after the initial pulse pushes the discharge to a stage approaching an arc discharge but not quite.

• I doubt Rossi reads this blog, but if he did he would clam up even tighter.

I think someone replicating the QX to demonstrate the basic effect (please note that no one should try and utilize the QX setup for commercial purposes which would be a violation of his IP) would be helping Andrea Rossi. Simply put, I don't think any major company will supply Rossi with the massive investment he needs to build a giant factory utilizing only robots and minimal humans unless he can provide them enough information so they can replicate for themselves. After the games he played at Doral, I think many companies will be highly skeptical about his claims and would demand proof. But since he has inventors syndrome, he won't share such information even if it means the QX never becomes an actual product. If Rossi cannot have total domination of the market, he'd rather the QX be a footnote in the history book of cold fusion.

I'd also like to say that he can't clam up tighter than he is now. My suspicion is that the upcoming demo is going to only hurt his reputation even more. I'm guessing it will be very sloppy and have lots of loopholes. This is because he doesn't want to prove to the world the QX is real because then there would be a hundred replication attempts overnight.

If we don't want the QX to vanish in the same way as the Papp Engine, the Chernetsky Self Generating Discharge device, the Moray Tube, and a long list of other devices need to urge qualified parties to replicate this technology.

• Funny.... BLP believes if the schematic on this thread, is what Rossi actually has, he will be in violation of their IP. Would not surprise me in the least, if the first person to market is not challenged by a number of people crawling out of the woodwork, claiming they were there first. I predict it will be a legal mess. A good mess to have, as it would mean we finally made it across the goal line.

I already thought that BLP suspected that the QX was in violation of their patents. However, I had no evidence. How do you know this is their view?

My thinking though is that they will never go after Rossi because he would force them to admit that NUCLEAR reactions are taking place in addition to hydrogen modification and that could possibly -- I'm not a legal expert -- invalidate their patents.

I agree with you that this is going to become a giant legal mess. What's going to make it worse is that the technology will be extremely simple to produce and there will be thousands of copy cats emerging all over the world. My guess is that at some point most of the parties will have to give up on litigation because it will become futile.

By the way, I predict that sooner rather than later, BLP will reveal yet another version of their technology that will appear very similar to the QX/SK.

• Shane,

Please feel free not to answer if you do not wish to do so, but do you have some sort of contact with BLP or someone close to BLP?

If so, I'd go so far as to suggest that they perform an in depth study on the history of similar systems that worked on the same basic principles. There are a long list of devices and inventors (some are easy to find via a google search and some are more obscure) that utilized the abnormal glow discharge regime to produce excess energy and transmutations. This is, in fact, very OLD technology that goes all the way back to Nikola Tesla.

Here are the basic steps.

1) Utilize two electrodes (cathode and anode).

2) Place favorable gases between the two electrodes (hydrogen is important in addition to noble gases).

3) Produce an abrupt discharge that pushes through the abnormal glow discharge regime but stops just short of an arc discharge.

4) Repeat the pulsing at an optimal frequency.

There are all sorts of way to optimize the above setup. If you are able to improve enough of the variables you can produce high levels of excess energy in various forms. Several of the variables that can be adjusted are the composition of the electrodes (the nano-particles they emit during the discharge will play a role in the reactions), the gases or elements placed in the reactor, the shape of the electrodes to concentrate the field they produce, the types of external magnetic fields present (they can have a significant impact on the plasma), and several others. Moreover, then you need to look at see exactly what types of output you are producing. Papp, for example, produced a powerful explosive force that pushed the piston of his system to produce mechanical work. However, he also produced electromagnetic emissions that could be captured.

One of the most interesting aspects of these systems are the back-spikes of power that can be created. These are causing Rossi's power supply to overheat. As Rossi has said, you can either thermalize these back spikes or convert them into other forms of power.

• Funny.... BLP believes if the schematic on this thread, is what Rossi actually has, he will be in violation of their IP. Would not surprise me in the least, if the first person to market is not challenged by a number of people crawling out of the woodwork, claiming they were there first. I predict it will be a legal mess. A good mess to have, as it would mean we finally made it across the goal line.

Shane D.

Do you mean this schematic?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x53o…ation_concept_v1.pdf?dl=0

This is more or less a visualization of the description of the "Director" described earlier in this thread, created by myself.

and also

Shane D. , if I interpret your quote correctly, it seems to me that this design/schematic is not so far away from a realistic, potentially working device. If the answer would be yes, thanks for the credit. :)

It has been clear for some time that Rossi doesn't think a patent will offer him much protection. Whether this is because of some prior patent or simply looking at the record of what has happened to other inventors is not known.

For whatever reason Rossi has decided to keep the IP secret for s long a possible and compete by offering product at the lowest possible price.

I forecast the patent mes years ago after DOE persuade the Patent Office not to grant patents on cold fusion.

• I think someone replicating the QX to demonstrate the basic effect (please note that no one should try and utilize the QX setup for commercial purposes which would be a violation of his IP) would be helping Andrea Rossi.

LOL, What on earth makes you think everyone and his dog would not try to make money from this? In a later post you talked about thousands of copy cats.

Simply put, I don't think any major company will supply Rossi with the massive investment he needs to build a giant factory utilizing only robots and minimal humans unless he can provide them enough information so they can replicate for themselves.

Any major manufacturing company would have the staff to check out whether it worked for themselves. Rossi needs help to build an automated factory and says that he has it. What proof do you have that he doesn't?

After the games he played at Doral, I think many companies will be highly skeptical about his claims and would demand proof. But since he has inventors syndrome, he won't share such information even if it means the QX never becomes an actual product. If Rossi cannot have total domination of the market, he'd rather the QX be a footnote in the history book of cold fusion

Cherokee are venture capitalists. They didn't have the technical expertise to check for themselves. The deal they made with Rossi changed the day before signing such that it was IH who had no deep pockets. The deal was so one sided some have said it was cheating (ref Mats Lewan.) I don't think Doral was half as bad as you make out. Why did IH hire the most expensive PR firm and most expensive lawyers if it were a slam dunk?

Enough about "inventors syndrome" already. IH were no direct help to Rossi and obviously lost his trust early on. Venture capitalists just want to make money and IH would never be able to help him set a up a production line. They just wanted to sell it off.

I hope Rossi has now found a company that can help him this time.

• Director,

In 1964 I was the first to patent the idea of combing a digital name to a digital key. that is the basis of ATMs. I was paid ten shillings for it as part of my employment contract was that any patent belonged to my employer.

Do you suppose I now have "inventor's syndrome" or am simply aware that companies screw inventors?

• Some inscrupulous people might do so. However, that does not make the reproducing a basic effect wrong, unethical, or illegal for those only interested in discovering scientific truth. I don't care what the copycats do or don't do. I simply want high powered LENR revealed to the world as absolute, hard reality. No one who has developed high powered systems cares if the world knows that this phenomenon is real. Their primary motivation is total market domination at all costs -- even the future of human civilization.

I don't have proof that Rossi doesn't have the funds and help to build a massive automated factory. But I also know that Rossi misleads, exaggerates, and manipulates. The total fiasco at Doral (which is still a fiasco in my opinion even though I think excess heat to some degree was likely produced) proves that we cannot take Rossi's word at face value. He tried to convince both IH and the entire LENR community that he had a "real" customer that was producing a "real" product that was somehow connected to Johnson Matthey. We eventually learned his customer was HIMSELF, they were producing no product except perhaps small quantities of modified materials they sold to no one (except maybe himself), and the customer had no relationship to Johnson Matthey whatsoever except as a customer. This is only one example of how Rossi has been less than totally and completely truthful over the years.

The statement about IH being no help to Rossi is very complicated. The contract or deal Rossi signed was not a good one. However, Rossi signed it anyway. He could have just walked away! Regardless what anyone think's about IH, Rossi was NOT forced to sign that contract.

In my opinion, inventors syndrome is Rossi's greatest weakness. However, it has been the weakness of countless inventors. If he doesn't get cured of inventors disease soon, I expect that the QX will never be commercialized.

• Director.

You are wrong to state competition will not hurt Rossi. I would go further: remove the incentive for a company to invest in a production line for Rossi will ultimately slow the widespread introduction of LENR to the world. If the QX is publicly demonstrate, \without a patent Rossi has no protection at all.

Rossi probably agreed to the IH contract because that was all he had. I'll bet the verbal discussion leading up to it was a lot more promising than the contract turned out to be.

You have no idea what Rossi has shared with his new partners and so no proof for going on about inventor's syndrome.

It doesn't matter what happens to the QX. The SK is what is being developed and produced. Wait fpr the Jan demonstration to wee what has happened.

• Update.

"We used in past specific neutron detectors and never found significant neutron emission. Recently a Client of us asked for a specific neutron detector, so now we added neutron detectors to the Ecats. Anyway, if you have neutron generated radiations, you surely have a significant increase of uSv/h

Warm Regards,

A.R."

• I found this to be a good lecture. In particular, that plasma can be self organizing. Possibly explains how the plasma is contained in the QX/SK

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Shane D.

Do you mean this schematic?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x53o…ation_concept_v1.pdf?dl=0

This is more or less a visualization of the description of the "Director" described earlier in this thread, created by myself.

That might work but it's not the arrangement Rossi demonstrated in Stockholm. I think his is much simpler. Unless I'm wrong....

* Both water in and out pipes are radial.

* I don't see any gas ports at all on the one fitted with a water jacket.

* The clamps appear to be used for the electrical connection to the electrodes as well as mounting because I see no wires going in elsewhere.

* If so they are "live" and uninsulated so perhaps the voltage isn't as high as I thought?

Best close up vid I could find..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Speculation but...Im wondering if the clamps are pressing on the electrodes which actually slide in the tube thereby compacting the powder between them? Otherwise I can't see why such clamps were used. Over centre clamps can produce a lot of force.

• San,

Thanks for the link.

It is pretty obvious that Director has never invented anything, or at least tried to bring it to the market, Or he would know how difficult it is and not be so critical of Rossi.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.