QX Concepts - A less critical Rossi thread.

• This is another comment from Bob Greenyer.

Thanks sam.

The evidence presented on this page makes abundantly clear that Rossi does not know HOW his reactor works, but that he MAY KNOW WHAT works.

1. During the 1 year test, he was looking in the reactor and that, he reports, gave him insight on directions for future development.

2. He started collaborating with Gullstrom

3. He is now planning or is currently in interaction with Prof. Vassallo

I really like this about Rossi, regardless of ones opinion on if you think he can deliver or not, he is not stuck in his view about how it works like many researchers in order to defend their IP - his claimed IP however is not in theory but is in devices that are supposed to be functional, though not independently verified in any public way in the current iteration. Having said that, the QX/SK at least on the 1000 mile overview both look like an interpretation of Chernetsky's 1970s device (which was stable and produced more than enough electricity to self-sustain and provide heat with a 20% discount with a heafty profit margin) mixed in with a bit of shoulders plasma-focus - which is encouraging. When you understand the process, it is better to keep things in a plasma, since you can re-use more of the things that produce SR tracks (which one could therefore call SR).

I also like that he has decided to take on board the work of Prof. Vassallo, who I have had interactions with since early in the MFMPs history, I respect him and his latest papers are his most interesting to date from my point of view. Moreover, he is Italian, so they will be able to communicate natively and he is a regular author/collaborator on Francesco Celani's work, cited in his latest work in Colorado and Grecco.

To remind people of Vassallo's recent work.

http://www.ecat-thenewfire..

• Secondly, I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions about where to get components, how to coat the nickel electrodes with platinum,

Vacuum deposition, if that was not obvious already.

Not saying electroplating is impossible.... chloroplatinic acid.... See "platinic chloride" in Merck Index for

a couple of references.

• I've made this request before and I'll make it one more time.

Could anyone look at the image in the Rossi-Gullstrom paper, perform an analysis, and come up with the probable diameter/size of the electrodes?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This plasma ball contains a oscillator circuit that produces an RF signal very close to what the QX uses. Could the QX be based in a plasma ball?

• Confused..

The paper says the electrodes are Nickel but doesn't mention plating them with platinum. Has Rossi said they were plated elsewhere?

It also say the current was "direct current" and doesn't mention RF.

Edit: My point being what are you trying to reproduce? What his published works say? What he appears to show at demos? All of that plus your own thoughts about what's needed for lenr?

• I don't know about RF as such, but I am pretty sure that 100kHz AC is involved. As for the platinum coating, the only evidence is a converation with an eye-witness so anecdotal.

I am not a HAM expert as you are, but if a high voltage 100kHz AC current is applied to a set of electrodes, isn't a RF signal created in and around the plasma that lies between and even outside of those electrodes?

It is a similar situation to the plasma glow ball where a high frequency voltage is applied to the center post and a EMF field that is produced by that voltage can energize a florescent light placed on the surface of the plasma ball.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• We have seen the 4 second long "RF" broadcast signal immediately after the arc discharge on the oscilloscope from the demo.

• Official Post

I am not a HAM expert as you are, but if a high voltage 100kHz AC current is applied to a set of electrodes, isn't a RF signal created in and around the plasma that lies between and even outside of those electrodes?

!00kHz HT will certainly produce RF under all sorts of circumstances, however one would need to be a plasma expert to estimate the conversion efficiency. And I'm not that.

• Ok so we can work out the frequency which seems resonably low. How about the voltage....

Google found...

https://www.researchgate.net/p…_60_Hz_hydrogen_discharge

Which has data on the breakdown voltage Vs pressure of hydrogen (I assume Rossi puts hydrogen in it but at what pressure?).

The figures suggest a voltage of 200-250v for a 5cm gap at pressures of 400-1000 mTorr. If the voltage scales with gap length that translates to about 60-75V at 1.5cm. I don't know what effect the LiAlH4 has.

• The paper mentions a gap of 1.5cm. Apart from that I think the shape of the end of the electrode (rounded? pointed?) might be more important than other dimensions.

I think the ends may be macroscopically rounded but there could be micron sized pointy tips to allow for plasma production at lower voltages.

If you could make a guess on the diameter of the electrodes, it would be appreciated.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.