Simon Brink "Subtle Atomics" Discussion Thread

• Yes: according to Mills it's this de-excitation stage which releases the extra energy. According to his studies (example), it should be mainly in the form of UV/EUV radiation which can be easily converted to heat. Once Hydrinos are formed, they're not reused; they're supposed to be a very stable, difficult to utilize (due to the size) form of matter.

A large enough population of Hydrinos in the picometer size range might be able to undergo nuclear reactions at room temperature by tunneling, at least in the case of deuterium ("Deuterinos"?). If we are to assume that Holmlid's ultra-dense hydrogen is the same thing as Hydrinos, then a novel type of meson-producing nuclear reactions should also be possible with both hydrogen and deuterium.

Stable compounds formed by a Hydrinos and regular atoms might be possible too. Mills recently claimed that as well and supposedly showed one manifestation in a couple relatively recent videos (1 and 2).

I'm not a Hydrino expert/advocate by the way, the subject has just several points in common with the work of other scientists.

• Theoretical work by other authors indicates that hydrogen (deuterium) at a large enough density would be a quantum fluid (a superconducting superfluid). This would make it acquire metallic nature and therefore one could define it as metallic hydrogen. Example:

https://arxiv.org/abs/1007.1972

https://arxiv.org/abs/1003.0865

While Holmlid appears to have observed these characteristics at room temperature from his ultra-dense hydrogen, Mills maintains that Hydrinos at least in free molecular form are a gas "lighter than air" that would escape most containment and eventually the Earth's atmosphere (see slide 3 here). I haven't found clear indications from his work that the material could have metallic nature.

I'm not sure how Simon Brink would characterize his "small hydrogen". This is his latest presentation (ICCF-21):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1dv…nk%20-%20REV%201.pdf?dl=0

• Simon's theories on the origin of the earth..

"The new theory proposes that the "Oh-My-God" particle was actually a bacteria DNA genome,

in wave form, travelling across the cosmos "ready" for colonisation of distant worlds.

If this is actually possible, it would be a pretty impressive Darwinian evolutionary strategy!!!"

It replaces Crick's Starshipwrecked panspermia .... with OMG waves of panbacteria

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Both theories are based on sparse data...

4D deuterium theory by Wyttenbach is much more robust

• Dr Richard

I guess you're referring to this (direct link to the paper by Paolo Accomazzi here. I just found he has a dedicated website). If you're quoting JONP, more recently, perhaps due to discussion and collaboration with prof. Giorgio Vassallo of the University of Palermo, Rossi appears to have shown more direct interest in Holmlid's ultradense Hydrogen model:

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-…cpage=365#comment-1331259

http://vixra.org/pdf/1809.0575v1.pdf

Related comments:

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-…cpage=367#comment-1332178

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-…cpage=366#comment-1331630

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-…cpage=366#comment-1331574

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-…cpage=365#comment-1331318

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-…cpage=365#comment-1331314

• There are probably several states between ordinary hydrogen and UDH. I think the truth is that we do not understand the basic physical make up of the electron and atom very well. In fact, scientists have had to utilize "quantum" principles to try and explain what they are observing. What's far more likely is that we have to correctly figure out the structure of these particles. Once we figure out what they are composed of -- going all the way down to the aether -- then we won't need irrational concepts like quantum theory that claims something can be in two places at the same time.

I also predict that when we figure all that out we'll be able to produce all the energy we can imagine -- either extracting it from matter or the zero point energy field.

• Yes, I agree but do we have to wait another hundred years or so before we have sufficient knowledge about the electron and atom before we can actually use it to release energy from matter or zero point energy fields? The way ahead may be to combine all we have learnt from LENR with hot plasma fusion physics-although purists from either side would probably object to this. Take the inertial electrostatic confinement polywell fusion reactor designed by RW Bussard and now developed further by Prof J Parks. Seems to be nearly there, at least ahead of the tokamaks and ITER. Supply the polwell fusion reactor with ultradense H or D, He (which seems to act as a catalyst for binuclear atom reactions) other transition metal catalysts or diamond dust which could initiate the CNO fusion reactions-there are many avenues for future research by combining both approaches. The polywell reactor could be run in 'dusty plasma' mode at a slow, coninuous low power fusion rate at equilibrium like in the atmosphere of a brown dwarf. The point is we probably know enough its just maybe vested interests and prejudice preventing appropriate experimentation.:)

• We don't have to wait another hundred years. I think a plasma based system like the QX is a great starting point for any company wanting to investigate this technology.

First, it allows for the production of atomic hydrogen and the vapor of a number of other elements that can be added into the system.

Secondly, it eliminates the space charge issue that reduces the reaction rate that creates altered forms of hydrogen.

Third, it allows you to slam these altered forms of hydrogen into other atoms and induce LENR reactions.

Once you start producing some excess energy in the form of heat, light, and electricity, you can play around with all sorts of variables such as adding other elements, pushing closer to the arc discharge regime, applying magnetic fields, etc.

• The trouble is nobody really knows whether the QX really is a plasma-based system-its all at atmospheric pressure (or higher) and the temperatures are probably less than those claimed. Its all dubious data. I do however believe Alan and Russ's new reactor-based work in producing gammas and excess heat, this is valuable new data and their collaboration with Wyttenbach's theories seems to be the best approach to date. They also did test out a gas discharge tube system but are not at present thinking of extending their experiments to look at low temperature dusty plasmas in PULVA1 type reactors or in modified SAFIRE systems. The inertial electrostatic confinement group no longer have any working reactors, instead they're spending all their time modelling reactors with computer simulations. So although dusty plasma research is an intensive field of mainstream physics, nobody is using this technology to study LENR. This approach may ultimately produce the first generation of fusion reactors to produce reliable energy-its definitely worth investigating. Maybe we could set up something with S. Brink/R.Mills or even L. Holmlid or to have a look at this.

• Fusion research is an international field - there should be no geographical restrictions on LENR research - but if no collaborative effort can be established then its down to whether I can put together a small team here in the UK to study it further.

• No, not too difficult to replicate, but all it would show is that electrolysis changes the infrared emissivity of the stainless steel plates. That would result from the color and texture change change commonly seen in electrolytic treatment of metals.

I agree and might add that under these conditions the cathode stainless steel plate probably became hydrogen embrittled, which has been shown to change the morphology of the steel ( see https://www.sciencedirect.com/…abs/pii/S0921509399003196 ) and thus probably its infrared emissivity. Yet the positive anode was probably resistant to oxidation. (Oxidation of metals can increase emissivity on the order of 20 fold. )

• I agree and might add that under these conditions the cathode stainless steel plate probably became hydrogen embrittled, which has been shown to change the morphology of the steel ( see https://www.sciencedirect.com/…abs/pii/S0921509399003196 ) and thus probably its infrared emissivity. Yet the positive anode was probably resistant to oxidation. (Oxidation of metals can increase emissivity on the order of 20 fold. )

This shows an issue I was mentioning earlier: if one is not willing to question and (re)investigate existing phenomena because conventional and established explanations already exist for them, how are new fundamental discoveries going to be made?

As I wrote in another thread (and will expand somewhat here), since LENR are thought to exist in environments ranging from electrolytic experiments to dry powders to dusty plasma environment, using materials ranging from common metal oxides to precious pure metals, it's highly probable that they're a much more common phenomenon than generally thought.

But if this is the case, then it means that many previously observed effects and phenomena should need reinterpretation in light of the new evidence and views.

• Official Post

As I wrote in another thread (and will expand somewhat here), since LENR are thought to exist in environments ranging from electrolytic experiments to dry powders to dusty plasma environment, using materials ranging from common metal oxides to precious pure metals, it's highly probable that they're a much more common phenomenon than generally thought.

Cold fusion is a natural phenomenon, and as such it will occur anywhere the right circumstances prevail. That is what I like so much about Russ's 'Atom-Ecology' philosophy, which holds that since it is a natural phenomenon it will involve relatively (by the standards of modern physical chemistry) complex fuels and particular methods of preparing them. Nature never initiates anything in a pure single or dual element system like Pd/D or Ni/H, it takes a whole lot of stuff going on, chemically, thermodynamically - and so on, right down the list.

• Alan Smith

When the prevailing consensus within the niche of researchers who regards it as real is that cold fusion is a rare phenomenon which occurs within the lattice of deuterium-saturated metals like palladium, it's hard to imagine that it could be a natural (as in: spontaneously occurring in nature, as opposed to incandescent light bulbs or transistors to name a couple examples) or even common phenomenon.

• prevailing consensus within the niche of researchers who regards it as real is that cold fusion is a rare phenomenon

Can,I am not sure that there is a consensus.

Fleischmann's start with deuterium saturated palladium has diversified quite a bit...

Ecological expts with many variables (as in ecosytems) are much harder to do (Russ found that out with salmon)

The current Technova alloys use a mix of metals +oxides+ H or D.

Many more tests have to be done when the mixs get complicated( at the Technova lab many runs are being done.. even today?.)

In Russia there has been a underlying philosophy of LENR being a natural phenomenon ..

For example LENR may have formed the Earth's crust

Kuznetsov, V.D. & Mishinsky, Gennady & Pen'kov, F.M. & Arbuzov, V.I. & Zhemenik, Victor. (2003). Low energy transmutation of atomic nuclei of chemical elements. 28. 173-213.

We also don't know the depth of Nature so well.

For example, not so many know that we have billions of electric motors running in our own mitochondria.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If anyone is in communication with Simon Brink, please ask him to participate in this thread.

I have a load of questions I'd like to ask.

1) Is platinum a catalyst according to his theory and where should it be on his chart?

2) What does he think is the lifetime of the different states of shrunken hydrogen before they go back to the ground state?

3) What does he think is required to make a "small hydrogen" atom undergo a nuclear reaction with another atom? For example, is there a special type of stimulation required that is different than what is required to produce the "small hydrogen" atom?

4) Does he agree with Mills that an arc discharge accelerates the reaction rate due to the elimination of the space charge problem?

5) Does he think shrunken electrons could be repeatedly pumped to extract energy from the aether?

6) During any of his experiments, has he observed "strange radiation" track marks?

7) What is his plans to take his research to the next level?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.