The Future of Precious Metals & LENR

• Does anyone follow the precious metals market? Mainly the likes of gold and silver or the financial exchanges like the LBMA( London Bullion Market Association)? I'm really curious what you think the implications of LENR will have on these financial markets. If LENR can transmute elements...IE from X to gold.... What will happen to the current price of said precious metal?

See - I hold a lot of gold and silver in a 3rd party vault...its an investment, financial insurance, etc. The price of gold has been tied to the 'petrodollar' since roughly 1970 ~

While the per oz price of gold has gone dramatically higher in those fifty years (from $40 an ounce back then to current market price of $1200). Lots of countries across the globe are working to "dedollarize" - IE, get away from the economic stronghold the United States has on every other country (wars are no longer fought on the ground, but in the financial markets). But countries like China and Russia are stock piling gold....and other countries are repatriating their gold from foreign vaults..... ( just look what happened to the price of gold in venezuela dollars since their financial collapse started - skyrocketed!)

But its a chicken and egg? If the deep state of industrialized countries know LENR technology is coming...which will completely crush the petroleum market.... why are they also stock piling gold....mainly since the great recession of 2008?

What say you....

• I expect that LENR will allow for the production of precious elements and rare isotopes. However, I think for obtaining rare metals LENR will be used to power vehicles that can drag small asteroids into lunar orbit. From one small asteroid enough rare metals could be obtained to collapse the prices of all metals.

Utilizing LENR to transmute large quantities of metals would be time consuming and mining the asteroid built will be faster. Or, we could use the unlimited energy to filter out precious metals from sea water.

• Official Post

But its a chicken and egg? If the deep state of industrialized countries know LENR technology is coming...which will completely crush the petroleum market.... why are they also stock piling gold....mainly since the great recession of 2008?

LENR is still not taken seriously by the world. Maybe for good reason, maybe not. For those few occupying decision making positions in business, and government who do take it seriously, for the most part they equate it with excess heat, and not transmutations. There have been many who have tried, but failed to correlate good LENR news over the years, to oil futures movements, and geopolitical behavior. So clearly LENR is not factored into macro economic or political decisions...yet.

The day LENR is accepted (which I think will be soon), and it's commercial energy value proven, it will "completely crush the petroleum markets" as you say. Precious metals markets, may, or may not be equally affected, depending on whether the transmutations can be scaled up. Right now, they are seeing only tiny (microgram) levels of metal transformations, which is hardly a threat IMO. However, that is at the lower power these exploratory experiments are being run at. That could change when power is ramped up.

I suggest you read up on Synthetech. They are claiming now to be in the early stages of producing precious metals from LENR. They may be legit, we are not sure, but they do have a lot of good info on their website. Do a search here using their name, and you will get a broad range of opinions about them also.

• Official Post

It seems that, beside LENR blackswan, semi-precious resources (rare earth, Co,Ni,Li) are becoming the object of modern strategic wars, like was oil.

One big question I have is whether LENR will need Pd and D, as Mizuno shows, in line with PdD long experimental corpus.

Ni will be much enough abundant to replace fossil fuels, but as I've heard, Pd will be under tension.

Other problem will be the resources needed for the LENR generators, beside the PdD/NiH core... what about turbines and alternators and associated materials...

About LENR, from today's data it seems LENR transmutations are anecdotal, but once we have a theory that works, who knows if we could harness LENR for transmuting grams or kilograms

• I am aligned with picasso's post.

I suspect that my personal timeline will expire before transmutations affect precious metals values.

I do, however, hope and expect the complete destruction of oil/coal based energy production (and the corruption therein) due to LENR.

Hopefully I will get to see this.

skip

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.