June 26, 2019 aWake at 4PM

• Official Post

On June 26, 1989 at 4PM, the MIT hot fusioneers held a Wake for Cold Fusion.

Here is their poster announcement:

https://coldfusionnow.org/wp-c…/uploads/2012/06/wake.jpg
    I would like to turn that around and have global wake for all the old paradigms that just won't let go of their death grip.

I am asking the Genius Scenius of LENR-forum: how can we have a global moment of silence on June 26, 2019 at all of our respective 4pms for an "aWake"?

I guess it's hard to be online, and silent. Maybe we could be silent for a moment, and then post some art or science or something in the moments after that shows this "afterlife" of cold fusion.

How can we coordinate a round-the-world "go to Hades" aWake for 20th century geo-political power, pseudo-skeptics, and half-steppin "scientists" to tell them that CF Lives!

I am thinking on this and would like any ideas if you have them so we could make something happen.

Ruby

• Official Post

Ruby,

LF is as good a place as any to organize something like this. Just opening this thread, and keeping it active until then will do the job. Over the next 6 months, believers, and researchers worldwide will have read about it, and come that day we can do our thing. Then talk about it, which we are all about. Who knows; maybe even the original party goers from the hot fusion community will hear about it (I think some are here already)...in a funny way, LENR is still alive and kicking.

Of course, we will have some of those pesky skeptics try and crash our Wake, so we will position bouncers at the door.

• Here are my thoughts.

1) Nothing we do will be of any significance unless cold fusion is accepted by the world by that date.

2) If cold fusion is accepted by the world by that date, then the effort needs to be focused on MIT.

3) I'd say hold a peaceful and non-violent and completely legal protest against MIT on 626 from 6AM to 6PM (get it) every single year.

4) We would demand that the physics department of MIT be closed down until the current President of the university make an official apology, live on television, for the "wake" for cold fusion and the actions of the university.

• 2) If cold fusion is accepted by the world by that date, then the effort needs to be focused on MIT.

Why MIT?!? They have nothing to do with it. The effort will have to be focussed on Texas Tech or someplace else where it has been replicated recently.

Here is a discussion of MIT's role in the early history of cold fusion:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MalloveEmitspecial.pdf

Here is my analysis of their fraudulent attempt to hide the data. It was inept. It should not have fooled anyone who understood computers in 1989:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MilesMisoperibol.pdf

(See p. 23)

Here is a larger copy of the invitation. Note that this was issued after they got excess heat and buried it. Such chutzpah!

• It should be focused on MIT so we can demand an apology from them!

I'm NOT claiming that we should be doing research at MIT. I'm saying we should be protesting against MIT!

• It should be focused on MIT so we can demand an apology from them!

I'm NOT claiming that we should be doing research at MIT. I'm saying we should be protesting against MIT!

There is not the slightest chance they will apologize. I expect the people there who took part in the experiments are gone. Plus, many other institutions played a larger role in suppressing cold fusion. Such as the DoE, the APS and Nature magazine. I do not want to bring attention to any of those institutions with regard to cold fusion. They have high status and name recognition. If we point the spotlight at them, many people will think: "if MIT and Nature said cold fusion is wrong, it must be wrong."

I thought it was a big mistake to ask the DoE to reinvestigate cold fusion in 2004. I knew it would end up badly. See:

https://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=455

The DoE will be the last institution to fall, not the first. Trying to fight them is like attacking the enemy at their strongest point. It reminds me of World War I tactics. They ineffectively bombarded enemy trenches, which told the enemy when and where they planned to attack. Then they sent soldiers into machine-gun fire.

• Official Post

Those scientists involved in the shut-down of cold fusion prematurely will never apologize, and it doesn't matter. Cold fusion is the new house being built before we actually move in from the old one. We've got to get it going first, ASAP, before giving any precious time to the sad cases on the Losing Side of History.

In the poster, you can see "Black armbands optional". I thought, we could post pictures of arms wearing black armbands for Old Energy. That would be fun, but focused on the sadness and lost time.

I feel this is the day to show that cold fusion/LENR/LANR/MHE/quantum fusion/AHE/solid fusion/nano-nuclear/slow fusion science LIVES today. Not a zombie - but grown up!

Making it "aWake" also connects with the #Woke meme, which I am not really informed about, but increasing the aWoken numbers can't be too bad. aWake also connects with Finnegans Wake "the greatest guidebook to media study every conceived". the character Finnegan was at his own wake, but somehow he awoke and left.

The text of the cartoon MIT Wake for Cold fusion:

"Don't you remember? We were at Hank and Sally's and Hank said he knew how to achieve nuclear fusion at room temperature, using only gin and vermouth?"

It's two angels in heaven, and the woman is speaking to the man. So I suppose the insinuation is that Hank *did* achieve nuclear fusion at room temperature, and they - what - blew up and died?

Typical hot fusion response, brute force, all-at-once and it's over! Ha! How about posting up Explosive Martinis!

No, cold fusion is Safe! (our necessary meme)

Perhaps a Slow Fusion Martini? (If I liked Martini's. Ugh) However as there are many types of LENR experiments, there are many types of Martini's....

Well there's a few ideas so far:

June 26, 2019- black arm bands mourning those we've lost, and Slow Fusion Martini's at 4PM, in celebration of the Breakthroughs to Come.

Go out to your favorite spot WITH LENR tech/materials/sign and order Martinis, and post pictures of Martini's and LENR tech and signs saying things like: I'm still HOT!
    Ideas evolving,

Ruby

• Official Post

MIT won't care a bit. They don't even care about Peter Hagelstein! (that much). We do this because WE are making global noise about new energy which a lot of people have no idea even exists. It's like performance art. I will try to do something more looking ahead, but whatever we choose, or you choose, we can make it clear it is in response to this mis-calculation by MIT, this blunder by scientists, this blow to our energy portfolio.... But getting as many people involved doing SOMETHING on this day also helps us unify and organize for an even better and bigger event.

If anyone is in Cambridge Mass on this day, serving an invitation to the Reception Party for Cold Fusion would be totally appropriate!

• I would like to make one thing clear.

We can't really do anything until we have a recipe for a high powered cold fusion system that is repeatable and produces so much excess heat for such a long time that no one can deny its reality. Right now, not even counting Rossi or BLP, there is no one with such a system except perhaps Russ George - who has decided to go down the path of secrecy. So we have to come up with something extremely convincing, get hundreds of parties to replicate, and then throw all the results in the face of MIT. Then they will apologize for the simple reason that NOT DOING SO will look WORSE than them continuing to deny the reality of the tech.

• So we have to come up with something extremely convincing, get hundreds of parties to replicate, and then throw all the results in the face of MIT. Then they will apologize for the simple reason that NOT DOING SO will look WORSE than them continuing to deny the reality of the tech.

They will do no such thing, but just pretend they were in favour all along.

If it works, They will spin it that way

I don't think that any of these views are correct. If an extremely convincing demonstration comes along, mainstream science will become very very interested but won't apologize or claim that they knew all along. Instead this will be seen as a radical departure from the status quo and the narrative will be that a few intrepid souls kept at it against the odds. Lots of scientific revolutions have this sort of narrative. The key here is that it needs to fit into the central self-image of scientists which is that good enough data trumps all. Right now the data are not good enough.

• Clarke was right about (1) but wrong about (2) and (3). This is what Thomas Kuhn's books were about.

Think of the Copernican revolution or any major paradigm shift you like. The narrative that grows up around it is not of the 'we knew it all along' variety.

• Official Post

We can't really do anything until we have a recipe for a high powered cold fusion system that is repeatable and produces so much excess heat for such a long time that no one can deny its reality. Right now, not even counting Rossi or BLP, there is no one with such a system except perhaps Russ George - who has decided to go down the path of secrecy.

Hi Director, I feel you. However, I have to disagree. I've been "doing" for the last -aiyaiyai going on 9 years - with no recipe at all. That's the whole thing about this science and field: they've have to do it all on their own, and I - we - support their efforts by continuing the information, continuing the typing, continuing the exchange, continuing to talk about this and not let it disappear. We make our own honors for those who persevere. Having some performance art fun along the way brings in new interest, increases morale, provides a laff, creates unity - why there are many benefits to actions - all until we get that recipe.

BTW, I would say there are at LEAST four or five groups on the planet who can make this reaction happen at will, though not all have control or scaling. That is the next task. All of those who know are being secret, except one: Brillouin energy. The are laying bare their results and doing the hard work everyday engineering success incrementally. They don't share the recipe, but they share their results, which is more than the others, except in Japan.

MIT is inconsequential at this point. The only way they figure in is that they screwed up early on, and now they're out. They don't even support their own genius Hagelstein. We use their wrongdoing of a CF Wake, and like slang, turn it around making it our own aWake. We jest at their mistakes and keep track of their violations. There's no forgetting! We educate so the kids know there is hope, and real live heros out there to make it happen for a viable future.

On June 26, 2019 our aWake will remind all what we could have had if those "scientists" had done better by themselves, and everyone, and not shut this down in reactionary deceit.

And that's not even March 23, 2019! I say Party Time!

• I will remember this former student

and employee of MIT.

Truly a courages man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Mallove

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.