LENR Forum best of 2018 polling results: Atom Ecology Ecalox best LENR science news. Brillouin Energy best story.

• Official Post

For the "Best LENR Science News of 2018", our members chose:

1st place -Atom Ecology Ecalox for gammas/excess heat (Russ George, with assistance from Alan Smith/Martin Moore)

2nd place -Brillouin Energy's Hydrogen Hot Tube reactor replicated by Stanford Research Institute (Tanzella's team)
    3rd place -A. Takahashi's (Technova/Nissan & Tohoku/Kobe/Kyushu/Nagoya Unviversities) collaborative study -Significant level excess-heat evolution data were obtained for PNZ-type, CNZ-type CNS-type samples at 200-400℃ (12)

For the "Most Interesting story of 2018":

1st place -Brillouin Energy Corporation

2nd place -Ecalox Atom Ecology/Hydrogen Systems

3rd place -Rossi/Leonardo

2nd place -Brillouin Energy's Hydrogen Hot Tube reactor replicated by Stanford Research Institute (Tanzella's team)

How do you know "replication" is what took place. Precisely what do you mean by "replication?"

Are you saying SRI, as a company, officially built, tested and agreed as to the performance of a Brillouin reactor? I think what happened is simply that Brillouin moved some of their experiments into SRI facilities to continue them. I very much doubt that the experiments done there were indipendent of Brillouin, if that was what you meant. Shane D. , you are one hell of an optimist.

As to Rossi, his story is hilarious but if that is one of the most interesting happenings of 2018 in LENR, LENR is in big, big trouble.

• I think what happened is simply that Brillouin moved some of their experiments into SRI facilities to continue them. I very much doubt that the experiments done there were indipendent of Brillouin

Classic example of you not looking at the papers you mention.

I'd be interested to know what kirkshanahan thinks of the paper I linked to...

http://brillouinenergy.com/new…/SRI_Technical_Report.pdf

"In August 2012, SRI International (SRI - https://www.sri.com) was contracted by Brillouin
    Energy Corp. of Berkeley California (“Brillouin”, “Brillouin Energy” or “the company” –
    http://brillouinenergy.com) to perform independent studies of Brillouin’s low energy nuclear
    reaction (LENR) reactors, as well as advise on related Brillouin LENR research. We have
    operated these reactors to observe, monitor, analyze, advise on, and independently verify
    Brillouin’s LENR evolving research & development work, test systems, and test results. This
    Report documents the most recent independent results obtained with Brillouin’s prototype
    reactors located in SRI’s laboratory, as well as verification and validation of results obtained
    with Brillouin’s prototype reactors located in Brillouin’s laboratory, over the course of the past

year."

And that's the first paragraph! Shame Kirk didn't fill you in on all the details...

• In that PDF, the link to SRI's report of 2018 doesn't work. About what I've seen of quality assurance of Brillouin publications before. These people inspire no confidence at all. Never have. Anyway, someone please point to the SRI report link again pls... tnx.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.