Edmund Storms on Hydroton's theory, Cracks vs Super Abundent Vacancies...

• A very interesting post reporting Edmund Storms' vision on LENR Theory, based on his hydroton's theory.

It details his objections agains Super Adundent Vacation based thery proposed by Staker.

He supports the theory of nanocrack, not SAV as the NAE (Nuclear Active Environment).

http://lenrexplained.com/2019/01/locating-the-nae/

LOCATING THE NAE

The search for the Nuclear Active Environment, the set of material conditions that causes LENR is a now a thirty-year pursuit and condensed matter nuclear scientists still debate where exactly the reaction takes place in the material to generate heat and transmutations.

To this day, few agree, and yet, without knowing the location of the reaction, engineering efforts are stymied in finding a recipe that both initiates and scale the effects.

Undoubtedly, the sheer number of LENR effects adds confusion. Is there one LENR mechanism able to explain all the different observable phenomenon? The preponderance of LENR models and theories certainly challenges this idea.

“Nature would not go about creating a variety of mechanisms to cause something so extraordinary and so rare,” says Edmund Storms. “Indeed, nature is known to be very stingy in finding the fewest number of ways of doing something and getting the job done. It’s called Occam’s Razor. The idea is that the simplest explanation is probably the more correct one.

Dr. Edmund Storms spoke about the search for the NAE – and more – with Ruby Carat on the Cold Fusion Now! podcast.

Listen to Special Guest Edmund Storms on the Cold Fusion Now! podcast here.

“It’s very obvious that some unusual characteristic of the material has to exist in which the nuclear reaction will occur, and that particular condition is rarely formed. That’s what makes LENR so difficult to reproduce,” says Dr. Storms. “It’s really difficult to create the unique condition on purpose, especially if you don’t know what it is – with there being a number of conditions that would qualify. “

Super Abundant Vacancies as the NAE?

More at http://lenrexplained.com/2019/01/locating-the-nae/

Just having vacancies in palladium deuteride does not guarantee LENR. Something else is required.

Actually nanocracks are sufficient neither. Nanocracks can have many contributory aspects for cold fusion too, we just should realize that some cold fusion processes run without apparent metal template. The prevailing mindset of mainstream physicists is, that if some mechanism isn't sufficient by itself for phenomena to work, it just means, it's wrong theory and we should look somewhere else. But in fact many these mechanisms may run in parallel because of their mutual synergy.

But, a lot of little cracks are required, not a few big cracks.

Well, exactly - which is also why I posted about nanowhiskers. The whiskers contain only the smallest and tightest possible dislocations - they represent one of secrets of Piantelli's technology.

• . Nanocracks can have many contributory aspects for cold fusion too

Lattice defects can cause magnetism among other things.. defect-induced magnetism ,DIM, is a relatively recently recognised phenomenon..

Defect-Induced Magnetism in Solids,2013

(Invited Paper) Pablo Esquinazi1, Wolfram Hergert2, Daniel Spemann1, Annette Setzer1, and Arthur Ernst3

http://www-old.mpi-halle.mpg.de/mpi/publi/pdf/11398_13.pdf

"

Due to the relatively small values of magnetization one tends to believe that DIM is aweak phenomenon,

however they are small because of the unidentified mass of the FM regions.

Taking into account that

5% vacancies can trigger magnetic order with TC > 300 K,

a comparison with TC ' 150 K triggered by 5% Ferromagnetic ions in Pd [77]

indicates that DIM is not a weak but an extraordinarily strong phenomenon.

• In the late 1960s, Fleischmann had been using palladium, a rare metal, as a key ingredient to separate hydrogen from deuterium.

It is still used for that

If the use of uranium depleted or undepleted were less restricted maybe he would have used U... maybe thorium.

Cheaper than Pd and absorb lots of H too.

Then Ni came with Piantelli and now we have Russean magmamimetic complex mixtures

• The gradual rise in COP reported by Brillouin from an initial 1.5 to over 2.5 suggests a slow increase in NAE sites in their Al2O3/Ni reactor cores occurs over a very long timescale, taking several MONTHS of high frequency electrical pulse stimulation.

Do you know that their results were obtained by using the same core over and over - or are they successively improved (by some means) cores running in the same experimental rig? I must confess I have not spotted anything to conform either possibility.

• I recall some discussion (maybe a year ago?) about whether the thermal conductivity of H played a role in the apparent positive COP, but I don’t recall the conclusion (if any). I think the problem was that both the complex input waveform and the H were difficult to substitute with suitable null replacements for control/blank devices.

• Its difficult to know either way but thanks for pointing it out - I assumed it was a single experiment using the same core throughout, perhaps one of many trials run in parallel. So the graph represents data from separate individual cores of different composition for each dated measurement? Different cores in the same hot tube/calorimeter? We can only make sense out of it when they publish their raw data I guess.