Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• 850-cbe17ab980fa56d2bb3bcffc8abc10fc946b16b7.png Shane D. wrote: If you were a factory owner, would this demonstration make you interested in this product?

Small company - yes.

Large company with engineers on staff - no.

I modify my answer:

Small company - yes, because of the discount. But this initial "yes" might not last past the point where they try to involve their insurance company. If your insurance company finds that you are heating your commercial premises with an experimental nuclear heater with no safety documentation I think they might raise your premiums by several thousand percent.

• Not just Rossi. Y. Arata and some other old-school scientists I knew did that. They used kWh/h. They also put units in square brackets: 25 [kWh/h].

Yes. I remember Rossi pointing to some textbook when this all came up before. I understand that it is all just a choice of the formalism one wants to use. What confused me when Mr Rossi was addressing all this was that he didn't seem to understand that it is at base just a choice of how to talk about things. He seemed to think that it had to be kWh/h. That was concerning.

• Rossi is to be congratulated for presenting his technology and most importantly proclaiming that it is available as a product NOW. The cost for 1 year of heat at 80% of competing hot air is little, perhaps about $30,000/year. It is impossible to imagine that anyone so well known as Rossi would risk the legal consequences of failing to deliver for such a trivial sum. As well for a cost of such a trivial sum the confirmation of his technology will be immediate. Imagine putting just 10 conventional electric room heaters together in a stack and comparing the heat one feels that they provide versus the Rossi E-Cat. Anyone will be able to instantly feel whether the E-Cat is close to equivalence. Thus the palpable heat test is what is offered.

A rising Italian tide will lift all boats :) especially those few with more or less equivalent working cold fusion...

• The cost for 1 year of heat at 80% of competing hot air is little, perhaps about $30,000/year. It is impossible to imagine that anyone so well known as Rossi would risk the legal consequences of failing to deliver for such a trivial sum.

Evidently you did not read the documents in the IH - Rossi lawsuit. That is exactly what Rossi did: he risked the legal consequences of failing to deliver the heat he promised. He bragged about doing that to his previous customer.

He claimed he delivered the heat, but there is no question he was lying. See the Penon report and the reports from Murray and Smith for details.

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/01/0197.03_Exhibit_3.pdf

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…01/0207.65_Exhibit_65.pdf

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/01/0194.01_Exhibit-1.pdf

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…7/01/252-05-Exhibit-E.pdf

• It seems Rossi is not able to use PowerPoint ... or worse: there is not even another person in his team that could have supported this farce. He is alone and there is nothing but hot air (maybe not even from his device...)

• He is alone and there is nothing but hot air (maybe not even from his device...)

That is exactly what I thought. With the 10 million $ from IH at hand he could have produced the fanciest video clip we ever saw if it comes to LENR.

But he seemingly even didn't pay someone to make him a corporate identity and professional (looking) slides with the formulars and calculations.

This show was totally disappointing. Even the quality of the waiting screen at the very beginning indicated what quality would follow.

It looks and feels like he was forced to set this up within 2 hours. But he planned this since months...;(

• Rossi is to be congratulated for presenting his technology and most importantly proclaiming that it is available as a product NOW. The cost for 1 year of heat at 80% of competing hot air is little, perhaps about $30,000/year. It is impossible to imagine that anyone so well known as Rossi would risk the legal consequences of failing to deliver for such a trivial sum. As well for a cost of such a trivial sum the confirmation of his technology will be immediate. Imagine putting just 10 conventional electric room heaters together in a stack and comparing the heat one feels that they provide versus the Rossi E-Cat. Anyone will be able to instantly feel whether the E-Cat is close to equivalence. Thus the palpable heat test is what is offered.

A rising Italian tide will lift all boats :) especially those few with more or less equivalent working cold fusion...

Russ,

Then why in God’s name will he not do simple energy in and out measurements?

You could probably get a license to sell it,

You could certainly come out and endorse it.

• his show was totally disappointing. Even the quality of the waiting screen at the very beginning indicated what quality would follow.

It looks and feels like he was forced to set this up within 2 hours. But he planned this since months...

The best bit was when you could only see his trousers.

I think he wants to be left alone... He doesn't want 'customers', he wants to slink off and enjoy his $10.5m in relative peace.

And if you're still labouring under the misapprehension that this is "inventors syndrome", you need to stop reading PESN and RexReseach, get some sleep, and try spending some time in the real world.

• Pretty much a null event. Neither proven nor disproven, again.

One pre-recorded dancing ballerina.
    EDIT2: and a pre-recorded spectrograph

No explanation (that heard, tho I did take a couple of short breaks) of what we saw on the blue box.
    A shiny brass object on top, without even being able to see the top (or the top of Rossi except when he bent down to pick up something).
    I presume that's the big red 'kill' button.

Did say right at the beginning that Argon is the (presumably emergency) coolant if the primary heat exchanger fails.

• The months of preparation for this astounding spectacle were clearly well-spent.

As I said over a month ago in the Rossi comment thread:

I doubt that it will be interesting. The upcoming latest installment of the saga will play out exactly like every other episode. The faithful will feverishly await the pivotal event. The underwhelming, lame performance will take place. The faithful will declare victory. The demo will be broadly demonstrated to be utterly worthless within days if not hours. The faithful will offer lame excuses for a little while and then await the revelation of the amazing new version of the e-cat that makes all that came before obsolete. And the countdown clock will restart.

Count on it.”

I was a little too conservative in my assessment then. The show was palpably worthless in real time.

• Judging by the balerrine jokes, Dottore has vivid imagination.

It will be very hard for all of us to separate his imaginary statements from the facts.

Actual exchange:

Question: Does the ballerina start dancing immediately?

Rossi: No, the ballerina needs time to stretch her legs. [some chuckling in the background]

What a waste of time and energy.