Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• *IF* real, COP= 57 is probably an under-estimate -- actual power to the ecat would be less, and controller power could be shared between up to 10 ecats

Output power is from a single spectral line, could be integrated over the whole spectrum.

• There's nothing wrong with the power out calculations, but the power input measurements are BS (consistent with all his previous demos). The observed plasma would require AT LEAST 250 volts to generate (not 0.25 V) and in its low/negative resistance pre-arcing region could be only 78 ohm (maybe the only real figure AR is reporting!). So the current must have been in the 1-3 amps region, not 0.0032........his numbers are so obviously fiddled its ludicrous - 27kW power from a 0.0032 amp circuit?

• It is interesting to see the celebrating crowd over at ECW:

https://disqus.com/home/discus…_2019_live_thread/newest/

I thought they are crying after seeing this, but they seem to be lucky with what they saw

Avatar gdaigle [hopefully no relation...]an hour ago

I think we knew that Rossi was no Elon Musk when it comes to media savvy.

Better an honest albeit amateur presentation than one that is overly slick and empty of critical information.

:huh::huh:8|

• *IF* real, COP= 57 is probably an under-estimate -- actual power to the ecat would be less, and controller power could be shared between up to 10 ecats

Output power is from a single spectral line, could be integrated over the whole spectrum.

That's no 0.9 emissivity greybody being shown. Imperfect blackbody... ha! Not even close...

• There's nothing wrong with the power out calculations, but the power input measurements are BS (consistent with all his previous demos). The observed plasma would require AT LEAST 250 volts to generate (not 0.25 V) and in its low/negative resistance pre-arcing region could be only 78 ohm (maybe the only real figure AR is reporting!). So the current must have been in the 1-3 amps region, not 0.0032........his numbers are so obviously fiddled its ludicrous - 27kW power from a 0.0032 amp circuit?

If you note the Vessy "scoop" image of the test plan, you will see that the oscilloscope is across the resistor. Maybe that resistor is nominally 80 ohms this time...?

• I asked earlier if this demo would make you want to buy the product. I have heard enough to where I can say I, personally, would not. With a resounding no that is. And my decision is not even taking into account the amateurishness of the production, but based solely on what I learned through the video, and Q&A.

Putting myself in the potential customers shoes, this is what I took away:

-in order to see if I could even become a customer, I have to call Rossi personally with the phone # he gave, and he would put me onto the appropriate person

-if I qualified, I would have to ensure -using my own engineer, that my facility meets the conditions on the SK's certification.

-he has not yet established how much the "upfront fee" will be, and then there is the installation fee. How long then, will it take to recoup my 20% savings?

-he does not know what, if any, insurance liability having his SK in my factory would cause

-can not explain why it needs shielding since there is no radiation, except "2 people follow and harass me"

-will make me sign a liability waver, so I can not sue if he can't deliver the power

-as a non-engineer, with the set-up as it is, I am not sure I would know at the end of the month if I saved, or not
    -there is no identified team

-can not/will not identify who would take over if he grows ill

-can not properly expalin his licensee situation

-no brick and mortar

-his "advertising team" is one guy in Sweden

-he still uses someone else's website to host his corporation

Overall, with his many evasive answers, I simply would not trust doing business with him. Sorry Rossi, sorry believers, but this was a dud, or worse. I suggest if he has what he claims, he call IH back up, and beg them to take over. He will never get anywhere this way, that is for sure.

• I'd buy one just to see what the true input voltage and current values were, whether this is a real engineered LENR device with a realistic COP of 2 -- which would be fine and consistent with all other LENR theory. I mean all that engineering, time money and energy to make what is effectively a hydrogen/argon discharge lamp to Wow his followers with-its not even up to the DIY fusor grade! Please can I have one, AR, you may have solved the world energy crisis with a COP of 2 but are unnecessarily screwing up the data to again unnecessarily make things look way better than they really are. A COP of 2 is all you need for now.

Alan,

Could more easily be properly measured than integrating any part of the spectrum over some amount of time.

Proper Measuring is always more accurate than calculating.

• Proper Measuring is always more accurate than calculating.

Isn't science (in general) the process of measuring (observing) data of a (natural) process and comparing them to a theoretical prediction (calculations)?

And then either the theory which predicted this data is false (measured data != predicted data) or one step further at "the truth" (measured data ≈ predicted data).

So Rossi is still not doing science but something else.

• Scribbling on boards and ham video presentations make it all look more 'authentic' - unwary investors are all too used to the polished scamster website presentations. Its a good tactic and cheap too. Why waste cash on this when you can put it into condo's and at the same time sound like Albert Einstein with laryngitis?

• Should send him back to prison for the quality of that presentation alone

This is what U forecast yesterday. The babblers will do anything to protect their fragile egos. They (3 up votes) would rather see Rossi in prison than the dawn of a better energy era. Even if the plant owner had come on line to confirm the results, they would claim he was a paid lackey.

The bottom line was that all the important parameters of the SK were provided. The controller uses 380 W, the output is 21.9 kW. The calculated COP was 57 and confirmed by looking at the heat consumed in heating the building.

The SK is available now with a delivery in only weeks.

The customer would know immediately if he were getting the heat he ordered so a scam is highly unlikely.

• The bottom line was that all the important parameters of the SK were provided. The controller uses 380 W, the output is 21.9 kW. The calculated COP was 57 and confirmed by looking at the heat consumed in heating the building.

The SK is available now with a delivery in only weeks.

So, AA, if for the sake of argument we take Rossi at his word and "all the important parameters of the SK were provided", would you agree that anyone with adequate initial capital should be able to make money with SK, correct? They can buy heat from the SK and sell it to those who need it at a discount, or use it directly. For example, commercial laundry facilities, food processing companies, chemical refineries and many other industrial companies that use heat as part of their process. And since "delivery is in only weeks", we should expect at least a dozen forward thinking entrepreneurs will take advantage of Rossi's discounted heat generation over the next few months.

So my sincere question to you is, how long will you continue to believe that Rossi has a working SK product if in fact there is no verifiable or credible evidence that Rossi has an actual customer? Three months? Six months? One year? Two years? Indefinitely?

I ask because as someone who is coming from a very different perspective, I'm trying to understand more specifically what you mean when you say that you are not yet certain that Rossi has what he says he has.

• Using Wiens Displacement Law on that irregular spectra to arrive at a temperature is probably horribly wrong.

However, if we assume 8111 K for now, and a generous 0.1 emissivity (based on comparison to a blackbody, as seen above), the result is 2454 W rather than 24942 W.

And I think that 0.1 emissivity is far too generous.