Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• Hello everyone!

This thread is dedicated to the presentation/demonstration of Rossi's new E-Cat SK tomorrow, January 31th, 9:00 AM EST (link goes to local time conversation site).

We will add the live video stream here as soon as it is available!

Thank you!

:!:And be kind to each other :!:

• The SK is Rossi's latest "magnificence". Despite the veil of secrecy surrounding it, some people believe they know exactly what's inside it, and how it works... Other people believe he's still scamming... A few simple folk just inanely repost the words of a proven liar, probably due to a lack of critical thinking skills.

This all generates much agita and miasma amongst bored people with seemingly nothing better to do than post hundreds of slight permutations of their one pet statement.

They do this out of a belief they are somehow helping society - when the reality is, they'd do better going outside and picking up some litter.

Meanwhile, for unknown reasons, an increasing numer of threads (3 definites, plus one teetering on the edge of the rabbit-hole) are devoted to their demented nonsense.

C'est la vie.

• Nonsense is not nonsense, but how much advertising for LENR! The main thing is to look for new energy in any way!

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• To overcome the waiting time till the e-cat presentation starts, I‘d Iike to invite to another video streaming event on January 31st, at 8:00 AM EST (2:00 PM in Lagos) with an Nigerian Prince, who since 8 year tries to transfer his fortune out of his country.

Although he contacted virtually everyone who holds an e-mail account, and promised a 20% share for doing business with him, so far nobody was willing to help this poor guy.

The reason for that, and why he still (after 8 years) has to promote on the internet that unbelievably favorable deal, may be (also) due to the fact that he is on record to have spend time behind bars before.

But - as he ensures - this was unjustified and could only happen because of the corrupt legal system in his home country.

So, please don’t miss his presentation tomorrow and see yourself his trustworthiness.

Here the web-site with a teaser to watch,

• Alan: why do you say such hateful things about Beelzebub?

Also, having had the TARDIS available to me this week, I jumped ahead and will now review the demo.

It was a magnificence that only AA, Sam12 and Axil will truly have the intellectual heft to appreciate. The rest of us will be amused.

• Yes, great link.

...after at least a decade of hard work, without asking money from any third party, having earned USD11.5M from his ex US partner Industrial Heat,

Rossi "earned" $11.5M by agreeing to drop his idiotic (but risky due to jury uncertainties) lawsuit.

...why would Rossi get back now and sell heat at a loss? To a customer that would immediately discover the fraud by looking at the electricity consumption of the device?

You mean like IH discovered the fraud when they did a blank/control experiment by mistake?

Lewan is currently censoring his blog because he has no answer to issues like these. Apparently doesn't want to discuss them.

I will develop this story further in the updated third edition of my book, which I hope to be able to conclude within a year or so, once the moment of truth has arrived.

At least, Lewan has a sense of humor,,, I mean, "truth" and "Rossi" in the same post?

• https://epicenterstockholm.com…nGG_p5uaj87rCYXlqe3zbOdrA

Mats Lewan has what looks to be the best organized meet-up for the event. Considering it will be held in Stockholm, and he is hosting, there will probably be a good turnout.

This one would have a good one to

attend but canceled due to weather.

https://e-catworld.com/2019/01…on-due-to-severe-weather/

Thomas is a retired teacher and has

interesting comments on the ECat.

• This one would have a good one to

attend but canceled due to weather.

Well, we are going to have a good party watching it here. Too bad it takes place so early here in the states (9am EST). It would have gone nice with a happy hour drink. Guess coffee will have to do.

Can't wait to get this thing over with. How long has this build up been? I forget, but do remember I was much younger when first told it was going to happen. It better be good for the pain and suffering he put us through!

Now back to watching the countdown clock, and listening to the Jaws tune.

• Well, we are going to have a good party watching it here. Too bad it takes place so early here in the states (9am EST). It would have gone nice with a happy hour drink. Guess coffee will have to do.

Can't wait to get this thing over with. How long has this build up been? I forget, but do remember I was much younger when first told it was going to happen. It better be good for the pain and suffering he put us through!

Now back to watching the countdown clock, and listening to the Jaws tune.

I hope this thread does not turn into

another Rossi comment thread and

just comments on the demo.

• I do not know whether Rossi's technology is real or not, but if he has succeeded, he will still face the following obstacle -

"Too good to be true: when overwhelming evidence fails to convince"

https://royalsocietypublishing…bs/10.1098/rspa.2015.0748

ABSTRACT: Is it possible for a large sequence of measurements or observations, which support a hypothesis, to counterintuitively decrease our confidence? Can unanimous support be too good to be true? The assumption of independence is often made in good faith; however, ...

• There is no way this will be the end of the story. The demo will show nothing but will be a masterpiece to his followers. Each of his demos has become increasingly less convincing yet the legend lives on for the religious. Since it is prerecorded I assume the device will not explode like in Jed's boiler video. I wonder if Mats will reschedule his conference?

• There is no way this will be the end of the story. The demo will show nothing but will be a masterpiece to his followers. Each of his demos has become increasingly less convincing yet the legend lives on for the religious.

Exactly. Rossi's greatest skill has been his ability to surf the edge of plausible deniability. Which makes sense if you are trying to survive as a con man and have no actual working technology (even his US patent is just for show: it has nothing to do with LENR, an over-unity device, or anything of actual use).

But he is highly skilled at using his substantial PR skills to captivate some people's imagination. They may suspect he likely is a con, but he keeps putting on enough of a show, whether in Italy, US army thermoelectric scam, Doral, Stockholm, and now this video demonstration from who knows where in the US (one of his condos?), to titillate the gullible into plausible deniability. For them, these staged demos gives them some glimmer of hope that he has something other than crudely staged tricks from a premeditating, intentionally deceptive con man.

So surf's up! It's interesting to see what sort of freestyle tricks Il Dottore will attempt to pull off tomorrow to titillate the gullible.

Maybe it will look like this?

• I hope this thread does not turn into

another Rossi comment thread and

just comments on the demo.

You know that if we clamp down, we will never hear the end of it from IO? Whoa is me...the two sets of groundrules, whoa oh whoa is me...the double standard, and all that. :) But you do have a good point, and I would hope everyone tries to maintain some restraint, and sense of decorum until after the demo is over. If you want to let loose before then, you know the thread for that.

When over, if there was some obvious trick like the "fiddling with the control box" video (I will be on the lookout!) at the QX demo, then all bets are off. If it looks OK, and fairly straight forward, then we can have a good, honest scientific discussion about it.

• I am looking forward to this demo, although I do not expect that tomorrow LENR will be different than now.

Rossi will not prove it. I hope he will get many customers and his production will explode. If in one year time he only has satisfied customers, then I believe LENR is proven.

Maybe one of us has a industrial process that needs a MegaWatt of heat. Just order heating at Leonardo.com and tell us your experiences.

Let us wait and see. Maybe we will see something new tomorrow!

• The simple truth is that his claims are getting bigger and bigger but he is providing less and less evidence. At least at Stockholm there was a third party ERV and many witnesses around. I do not take the results of the Stockholm demo as "proof" of the technology, but it seems to indicate something might be going on. However, tomorrow the demo is going to be pre-recorded (no witnesses), there isn't going to be an ERV present, no representative of the customer will be present, and we will only see what Rossi wants us to see. This to me is absolutely tragic. As Rossi's technology allegedly improves, his "inventor's syndrome" is getting worse. The truth can't be that he wants anything BUT small, tiny clients. Otherwise, he'd share more convincing evidence. But we have to remember he is just like Patterson. He doesn't want to give too convincing of a demonstration because then his competitors might believe the technology works and they could try to "steal" it from him.

I think that if something surprising doesn't happen to give this demonstration more credibility then it will be a flop. I'm not speaking about the demo from Rossi's point of view: if he gets three or four small clients he'll probably be happy. However, I want him to present evidence that could convince a large corporation to get involved. If this doesn't happen, then I'll say that unless a replication in the future takes place, the E-Cat saga is over by my point of view. He may continue chatting on the JONP and making proclamations, but the technology will never reach the mainstream.