Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• There is no way this will be the end of the story. The demo will show nothing but will be a masterpiece to his followers. Each of his demos has become increasingly less convincing yet the legend lives on for the religious. Since it is prerecorded I assume the device will not explode like in Jed's boiler video. I wonder if Mats will reschedule his conference?

• There is no way this will be the end of the story. The demo will show nothing but will be a masterpiece to his followers. Each of his demos has become increasingly less convincing yet the legend lives on for the religious.

Exactly. Rossi's greatest skill has been his ability to surf the edge of plausible deniability. Which makes sense if you are trying to survive as a con man and have no actual working technology (even his US patent is just for show: it has nothing to do with LENR, an over-unity device, or anything of actual use).

But he is highly skilled at using his substantial PR skills to captivate some people's imagination. They may suspect he likely is a con, but he keeps putting on enough of a show, whether in Italy, US army thermoelectric scam, Doral, Stockholm, and now this video demonstration from who knows where in the US (one of his condos?), to titillate the gullible into plausible deniability. For them, these staged demos gives them some glimmer of hope that he has something other than crudely staged tricks from a premeditating, intentionally deceptive con man.

So surf's up! It's interesting to see what sort of freestyle tricks Il Dottore will attempt to pull off tomorrow to titillate the gullible.

Maybe it will look like this?

• Official Post

I hope this thread does not turn into

another Rossi comment thread and

just comments on the demo.

You know that if we clamp down, we will never hear the end of it from IO? Whoa is me...the two sets of groundrules, whoa oh whoa is me...the double standard, and all that. :) But you do have a good point, and I would hope everyone tries to maintain some restraint, and sense of decorum until after the demo is over. If you want to let loose before then, you know the thread for that.

When over, if there was some obvious trick like the "fiddling with the control box" video (I will be on the lookout!) at the QX demo, then all bets are off. If it looks OK, and fairly straight forward, then we can have a good, honest scientific discussion about it.

• I am looking forward to this demo, although I do not expect that tomorrow LENR will be different than now.

Rossi will not prove it. I hope he will get many customers and his production will explode. If in one year time he only has satisfied customers, then I believe LENR is proven.

Maybe one of us has a industrial process that needs a MegaWatt of heat. Just order heating at Leonardo.com and tell us your experiences.

Let us wait and see. Maybe we will see something new tomorrow!

• The simple truth is that his claims are getting bigger and bigger but he is providing less and less evidence. At least at Stockholm there was a third party ERV and many witnesses around. I do not take the results of the Stockholm demo as "proof" of the technology, but it seems to indicate something might be going on. However, tomorrow the demo is going to be pre-recorded (no witnesses), there isn't going to be an ERV present, no representative of the customer will be present, and we will only see what Rossi wants us to see. This to me is absolutely tragic. As Rossi's technology allegedly improves, his "inventor's syndrome" is getting worse. The truth can't be that he wants anything BUT small, tiny clients. Otherwise, he'd share more convincing evidence. But we have to remember he is just like Patterson. He doesn't want to give too convincing of a demonstration because then his competitors might believe the technology works and they could try to "steal" it from him.

I think that if something surprising doesn't happen to give this demonstration more credibility then it will be a flop. I'm not speaking about the demo from Rossi's point of view: if he gets three or four small clients he'll probably be happy. However, I want him to present evidence that could convince a large corporation to get involved. If this doesn't happen, then I'll say that unless a replication in the future takes place, the E-Cat saga is over by my point of view. He may continue chatting on the JONP and making proclamations, but the technology will never reach the mainstream.

• Official Post

If this doesn't happen, then I'll say that unless a replication in the future takes place, the E-Cat saga is over by my point of view. He may continue chatting on the JONP and making proclamations, but the technology will never reach the mainstream.

Although Fulvio Fabiani still considers himself "on call" to help Rossi, he supposedly gave up on him for that same reason.

• I wonder how much support Andrea Rossi will have to lose before he wakes up to the fact that he cannot bring this product to the world on his own.

I do not expect that tomorrow LENR will be different than now.

Rossi will not prove it.

That is and has always been the point with Rossi. If he had what he claims, he could prove it easily. Yet somehow, since 2011, he never has. And that tells his believers nothing apparently.

I hope he will get many customers and his production will explode.

What production is that? Rossi has production? Where? How? He has neither the prerequisite degrees and experience nor the permits and licenses needed to make nuclear fusion reactors.

If in one year time he only has satisfied customers, then I believe LENR is proven.

Sure. That was just as true the first time Rossi announced customers-- in 2011. And it is also true for my flying pigs. If only...

Maybe one of us has a industrial process that needs a MegaWatt of heat. Just order heating at Leonardo.com and tell us your experiences.

Really? Rossi is going to provide a megawatt of process heat anywhere I want it? You seriously believe that? Please go sit next to Sam12 and AA.

• “You know that if we clamp down, we will never hear the end of it from IO? Whoa is me...the two sets of groundrules, whoa oh whoa is me...the double standard, and all that”

Somehow I suspect that you can summon up the requisite inner strength and withstand anything I might say on the subject. You’re just that tough.

• I wonder how much support Andrea Rossi will have to lose before he wakes up to the fact that he cannot bring this product to the world on his own.

I wonder how much longer before Rossi supporters will wake up to the fact that he has never had a working product to bring to the world, on his own or otherwise.

I do sincerely wonder.

• If it looks OK, and fairly straight forward, then we can have a good, honest scientific discussion about it.

My, you are optimistic. After writing 300 pages pf venom about Rossi. it is clear the babblers are not really interested in LENR, but as they have apparently never done anything of consequence themselves it seems to ease their seance of inferiority to run him down.

In passing, I am not a believer. As I have said all along I wait for proof, but with increasing confidence we will get it later this year. The demo will not provide solid proof. Third party proof will have to come come from his customer(s) later this year. The babblers will deny that too saying Rossi paid them. They need to keep on making themselves feel superior and are unlikely to ever admit they were wrong.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.