Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• There's nothing wrong with the power out calculations, but the power input measurements are BS (consistent with all his previous demos). The observed plasma would require AT LEAST 250 volts to generate (not 0.25 V) and in its low/negative resistance pre-arcing region could be only 78 ohm (maybe the only real figure AR is reporting!). So the current must have been in the 1-3 amps region, not 0.0032........his numbers are so obviously fiddled its ludicrous - 27kW power from a 0.0032 amp circuit?

• It is interesting to see the celebrating crowd over at ECW:

https://disqus.com/home/discus…_2019_live_thread/newest/

I thought they are crying after seeing this, but they seem to be lucky with what they saw

Avatar gdaigle [hopefully no relation...]an hour ago

I think we knew that Rossi was no Elon Musk when it comes to media savvy.

Better an honest albeit amateur presentation than one that is overly slick and empty of critical information.

:huh::huh:8|

• There's nothing wrong with the power out calculations, but the power input measurements are BS (consistent with all his previous demos). The observed plasma would require AT LEAST 250 volts to generate (not 0.25 V) and in its low/negative resistance pre-arcing region could be only 78 ohm (maybe the only real figure AR is reporting!). So the current must have been in the 1-3 amps region, not 0.0032........his numbers are so obviously fiddled its ludicrous - 27kW power from a 0.0032 amp circuit?

If you note the Vessy "scoop" image of the test plan, you will see that the oscilloscope is across the resistor. Maybe that resistor is nominally 80 ohms this time...?

• Official Post

I asked earlier if this demo would make you want to buy the product. I have heard enough to where I can say I, personally, would not. With a resounding no that is. And my decision is not even taking into account the amateurishness of the production, but based solely on what I learned through the video, and Q&A.

Putting myself in the potential customers shoes, this is what I took away:

-in order to see if I could even become a customer, I have to call Rossi personally with the phone # he gave, and he would put me onto the appropriate person

-if I qualified, I would have to ensure -using my own engineer, that my facility meets the conditions on the SK's certification.

-he has not yet established how much the "upfront fee" will be, and then there is the installation fee. How long then, will it take to recoup my 20% savings?

-he does not know what, if any, insurance liability having his SK in my factory would cause

-can not explain why it needs shielding since there is no radiation, except "2 people follow and harass me"

-will make me sign a liability waver, so I can not sue if he can't deliver the power

-as a non-engineer, with the set-up as it is, I am not sure I would know at the end of the month if I saved, or not
    -there is no identified team

-can not/will not identify who would take over if he grows ill

-can not properly expalin his licensee situation

-no brick and mortar

-his "advertising team" is one guy in Sweden

-he still uses someone else's website to host his corporation

Overall, with his many evasive answers, I simply would not trust doing business with him. Sorry Rossi, sorry believers, but this was a dud, or worse. I suggest if he has what he claims, he call IH back up, and beg them to take over. He will never get anywhere this way, that is for sure.

• Bob Greenyer grabbed the audio from the rapidly-deleted test video. Fantastic.

Start at 1:10 (NSFW)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Never a truer thing spoken in jest, eh?

• I'd buy one just to see what the true input voltage and current values were, whether this is a real engineered LENR device with a realistic COP of 2 -- which would be fine and consistent with all other LENR theory. I mean all that engineering, time money and energy to make what is effectively a hydrogen/argon discharge lamp to Wow his followers with-its not even up to the DIY fusor grade! Please can I have one, AR, you may have solved the world energy crisis with a COP of 2 but are unnecessarily screwing up the data to again unnecessarily make things look way better than they really are. A COP of 2 is all you need for now.

• *IF* real, COP= 57 is probably an under-estimate -- actual power to the ecat would be less, and controller power could be shared between up to 10 ecats

Output power is from a single spectral line, could be integrated over the whole spectrum.

Alan,

Could more easily be properly measured than integrating any part of the spectrum over some amount of time.

Proper Measuring is always more accurate than calculating.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.