Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• I don't really feel like watching it again, but would be nice to have a list of coherent nonsense phrases from Dottore.

For instance, this one: the lifespan of sk will be 10-20 years. The car can last 10, 20 years so why don't sk last as long no problemo

Max,

I would need a full bottle of Macallan 12

Double Cask to get thru that again

• Imagine if you drove 200 miles to watch that on a big screen

https://e-catworld.com/2019/01…n-meetup-for-e-cat-event/

Even worse:

Imagine you are the one who did promot such an event, and lets assume that some potential (serious) customers really drive 200 miles to follow your invitation.

And you are then the one who has to explain them what they are watching...

(puppets-show, the great inventors lower body parts, meaningless scribble...)

• First of all, I'd like to say.

I FEEL LIKE I NOW KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO BE STARK RAVING MAD INSANE.

Here are a few points about the video -

1) Although it provides little to no evidence in support of the reality of the SK, it also doesn't take any away. My position on the need for evidence of the SK remains unchanged.

2) I am not qualified to say if his measurement methods for input/output are adequate. However, his lack of performing water or oil based calorimetry is alarming. This needs to be performed immediately. The fact that it has not been performed is stunning.

3) I think that it would be seen immediately if the unit was only producing 380 watts of heat (the input). I have a very small bedroom and a heater of 1000 watts when the weather is about 32F outside is only marginally adequate. I know it would NOT provide any significant warmth for a room of 3000 square feet. Therefore, I will state that I think it is likely that a significant amount of excess heat is produced.

4) Rossi claims that no noble gases are used in the fuel mixture. If this is the case, I wonder if this includes atmospheric gases. I now think it is possible that he simply adds a small quantity of LiAlH4 and the fuel mixture contains atmosphere.

5) I don't know what to make of the glowing plasma. It looks like a floating blue plasma ball between two electrodes but I could be wrong. I"m very dissapointed that we did not get a better view of the reactor core.

6) I don't know what he means that the power supply can be controlled by square waves.

7) I agree with him that resonance is very important.

8) I think the presentation was not at all professional. Except for a tiny minority of clients who might be made curious, I don't think it will attract many clients.

a) The board with the equations was sloppy and amateurish. He should not have had it hand written.

b) The presentation of the SK box was very poor. It should have been done at a better angle with a special pedestal and a better background.

c) The whole thing about the ballarina was inappropriate for a business presentation.

d) The puppets and music were inappropriate for a business presentation.

---

Overall, I'm shocked. I expected the presentation to be bad but not THIS bad. I don't know how it could have been any worse. I will say that I laughed. However, I doubt that anyone who had not followed this saga would have laughed.

I hope for the future of our civilization that someone replicates the SK ASAP

• “3) I think that it would be seen immediately if the unit was only producing 380 watts of heat (the input). I have a very small bedroom and a heater of 1000 watts when the weather is about 32F outside is only marginally adequate. I know it would NOT provide any significant warmth for a room of 3000 square feet. Therefore, I will state that I think it is likely that a significant amount of excess heat is produced.”

Did you actually see the room? Did you see any reason to believe the SK was the heat source in the room? Do you see any evidence of the outdoor temperature being 32F as opposed to any other number? Did you see anything at all that connects the various claimed numbers with anything whatsoever going on in the big blue box?

Director, be honest. Did anything in that video provide you with any evidence of anything Rossi claimed or are you simply taking him at his word as usual?

• Official Post

I think that it would be seen immediately if the unit was only producing 380 watts of heat (the input).

According to Rossi, the controller consumed most of the 380Ws, with a small portion of that going into the reactor, which then outputted 21.9kW's. That controller waste heat was recaptured he claims, and then added back to bump the COP up. But when he explained that 1 controller, can control 10 of those blue box SKs (200-220kWs), someone asked if that meant the COP goes up with each additional SK? He said "no...stays the same". That is confusing to me.

But that said; yes, if he could prove 380 Ws input, heated a 3000sqft room, with 14ft ceilings, that would be impressive.

• Can somebody imagine to have 150 of these silly blue boxes in the basement for providing 40MW, as he stated one customer will need? Including plumbing, wiring, and each with a red e-stop button on top? Remotely operated from Rossi’s Appartement (no other legal address available so far from Leonardo...)

• https://homeguides.sfgate.com/…heater-heat-up-87133.html

The 120-volt, 1,500-watt heater offers an easy way to heat a small space. It generates 1,500 watts of electricity per hour and produce 5,100 BTUs of heat. When sizing an electric heater, a rule of thumb suggests the unit needs to consume 10 watts of power per square foot of room area being heated. Since one watt of electricity produces 3.4 BTUs of heat, 10 watts of power equates to 34 BTUs of heat output for each square foot of room area. A 1,500 watt heater producing 5,100 BTUs can heat 150 square feet. That's equivalent to a 10-by-15 foot room, an 11-by-14 or one sized to 12-by-12 1/2 feet with a standard 8-foot ceiling.

According to the above guide, it would take 30,000 watts to heat a 3000 square foot room

• Did you know or miss, that Rossi had to invent new alien materials back a few years to be able to operate his QX and SK reactors? He claims there are temperatures of always 1eV, which he calculates accordingly to 11604 K (which is in his world and math equal to 11876 Celsius :-))

• Unfortunately Rossi's QX presentation in late November 2017 has (in my opinion) been much more professional than his SK presentation yesterday.

This is just my general impression, what I have got yesterday.

With such a performance, he is not doing any good or making a positive contribution to the LENR field. Main stream science has now yet another

opportunity to ignore LENR!

I am completely disappointed!!

However, I still hope that others are coming forward with more positive news.

• I know it would NOT provide any significant warmth for a room of 3000 square feet. Therefore, I will state that I think it is likely that a significant amount of excess heat is produced.

So basically you're saying that you trust everything that Rossi says is true? <X

Today is a day of decision for me.

Looks like your decision was "carry on doing exactly the same as yesterday".

(As predicted by nearly everyone)

• Could be that this has been posted by il dottore himself!! To justify the lousy performance and find excuses for this fiasco, to keep his followers happy and aqny customers secret.

Look at the pronounciation and punctuation...one of his trademarks is a space at the end before the question and exclamation marks...like Celsius <-> Kelvin or Stockolm... :/

• Hi Paradigmnoia, whilst I agree there is a lot to be understood in that spectrum. I think the peak you chose in that plot for the comparison is at a wave length some way bellow the one used for his calculation which was at 357 nm I think? If I’m correct that peak corresponds to the much smaller broader feature to the right.

It’s much more likely the peaks you noted are from emmision lines from the surface of the plasma or surrounding gas in the line of sight I think . Clearly it’s not from an optically thick region. I’m curious what they tell us though.

I guess we also need to take in to account the absorption of the containing material.

I’m very curious what you and Can come up with with that spectrum. There is a lot of structure there and it seems pretty dynamic.

Are there any indicators of specific spectra lines such as for Helium 3 or 4, Lithium etc?.

What could explain the two broader features that seem to Apear? Would this be two separate regions experiencing different scattering? Or is there absorption from the casing playing a role?

Is it comparable to spectra from other plasma lamp assemblies etc?

• After some research I found a much better video of the blurry dancing ballerina...maybe AR didn't manage to find the right zoom & focus settings of camera no. 5? :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Director,

If your hope for the future of our civilization lies in the hands of an Andrea Rossi invention, you should find a cave in the Rockies and sit it out, we’re doomed.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.