Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• Blue container? For better or for worse, that brings back a memory:

The new, much smaller blue appears much more manageable. It appears that Rossi has been making great strides in perfecting his product over the years. It also appears (to me) that Doral was just Rossi buying time to develop his Quark X.

• Not because I don't think the SK technology works (although I have no proof), I'm ashamed and regret that I ever started following the E-Cat technology. For Rossi to have such an astonishing technology and then have a demonstration that's so amateurish which provides nearly zero proof and would likely push away any potential clients is absolutely disgusting. If Rossi is telling us the truth, he holds an amazing technology that could transform our society, but instead of holding a professional presentation he holds a puppet show. This is unacceptable.

I understand that Rossi has inventors syndrome and wishes to commercialize his technology in a gradual, step by step manner without revealing any of his IP to a larger company which could help him build a huge manufacturing base. However, what he has done is so bad it will actually hinder his efforts to obtain ANY customers. He might as well flush his technology down the toilet. This is an absolute shame, because I believe the technology could indeed change the world. But now I'm virtually certain that it will never see the light of day unless someone replicates. I think the chance of that is low due to how he has now slapped the LENR community in the face by hyping up a presentation that turned out to be a complete and total joke.

• At first glance yes. But as an experimenter, if you had a control (non active) fuel to compare to, it would be immediately apparent there was a huge difference with the active fuel. Rossi has been exploring fuel mixtures for years and would be intimately familiar with what works and what doesn't it seems to me.

Normally yes, but then he starts to calculate COP with the help of black body equation for a spectra that does not look like a black body. On the other hand dense hydrogen (like Mills) tend to yield most energy in wavelengths shorter than the 300nm he could capture so I don't know. Of cause the equipment that should be installed at the customer should lead to good proof, on the other hand the last customer did don lead to hard proof for a claimed huge COP. It's wait and see how things pan out. Today I would not recommend to buy an ECAT unless you are curious to see if it works and have the money to spend and would enjoy the excitement of having a nuclear device in the cellar.

• Official Post

I read your https://coldfusionnow.org/blog/ twice, and could not tell for certain, what your feelings were on today's SK demo? Maybe that was intentional, maybe not.

How can you tell anything from a video on the Internet? All we see is pixels. In media ecology they call it the Chip Body - the part of you that lives online. (Seriously!) All this information is coming to us from the Chip Body "in orbit" as Simulation. We are watching the movement of pixels on screens, it does not necessarily translate into anything physical.

We can only rely on the physical reports of Experts, scientists who have experience and knowledge and actually examine, test and evaluate a technology, and then write a report. (There's only one company doing it like that.)

I believe Andrea Rossi can make heat, because Sergio Focardi checked him out and said so. I don't believe Sergio Focardi was too old to not know what he was looking at. But is the E-cat ready for a technology rollout? When we have third party confirmation, then we'll know. Or, confirmation from a User would do.

Till then, it's the "ecstasy of communication" pulling endless speculation from our Chemical Body attention.

For my part, I am squeezing in another podcast interview next week, and praying for breakthrough so we can all move on with better lives and new energy generators in the basement (or the Energy Generation Closet, or maybe tiny generators in every room, or maybe every device powered by its own built-in generator, speculation.).

HEY if you want to know where I get this crazy vocabulary it is from Bob Dobbs https://www.reddit.com/r/podca…ined_using_media_ecology/, or, try this fellow Baudrillard (summarized): http://www.yorku.ca/caitlin/futurecinemas/?p=116

Super hard to understand, but if you ingest just a little, and ponder a while, well, it's very simulating....

"The threat of media is that we no longer just live in the objective world but now have virtual selves to manage on the global network. The object is no longer fetishized; it is replaced by the thrill of a “potential tactic” or “the game of possibilities” (13)."

Ruby

• I understand that Rossi has inventors syndrome and wishes to commercialize his technology in a gradual, step by step manner without revealing any of his IP to a larger company which could help him build a huge manufacturing base.

What do you mean "I understand"? What is the basis for your understanding? Don't you think it is more likely he has nothing, and he is only scamming people? At least, you should consider this possibility, and acknowledge that it would explain the facts as well as your hypothesis does.

• “For Rossi to have such an astonishing technology...”

The only thing astonishing about Rossi’s “technology” is that anyone with at least half a brain believes it is real (although I don’t actually have proof that some of the aforementioned actually have that much grey matter.)

• Bob Greenyer posted an automatically generated (i.e., using a speech recognition program) transcript of Rossi's recent demonstration. It is tough to read for several reasons, among then the fact that the software cannot distinguish between different speakers and so on.

I have gone through the transcript and made it more readable (see link below). I have also occasionally inserted time stamps keyed to the audio-enhanced YouTube version of the presentation

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Readable version of SK presentation transcript: Automatic transcript of Jan 31 2019 ECAT-SK.txt

• Yes Shane - as the saying goes - once a con-artist, always a con-artist! Fortunately (in retrospect), I missed the live action - was on an overseas flight with a broken internet system. This latest installment from Planet Rossi seems particularly dreadful - he has lost his touch along with his flare for the semi-dramatic. Not that we needed any additional data but I did enjoy the latest SP observation that the R'ster lied his way thru the IH years. He was not buying time, we bought his time for a bunch of money and he refused to deliver because there was nothing to delivery besides a pile of algae & rust filled plumbing junk. In a way, I feel sorry for the guy - he is insanely deluded and so worships / craves recognition that he continues to make an ongoing fool of himself and others around him in the sunset of his career. If he has not finished himself off yet - lets hope that he tries to take deposits in the near future.

• Ruby,

Sergio Focardi has been dead for over 5 years now. Doesn’t it strike you strange that not another single physicist has ever tested, vetted an/or endorsed the Ecat as an

Energy Out > Energy In device?

If the Ecat works as stated, it will be a cure for the cancer of the 21st century and no one is pursuing it but Rossi?

Don’t you find it highly unusual that Rossi plans on making hundreds of thousands of these nuclear powered, pressure vessel, electric heating devices and does not have UL/CE stamp?

Isn’t it odd that Rossi has been telling us since 2011 that he has “robotized” factories building Ecats but not one single employee, landlord, delivery driver, building inspector etc, has ever seen them?

Do you ever consider the possibility that Andrea Rossi has not now and never has had an over unity product and that you may have been hoodwinked by a conman?

• So you will admit then he was lying all the time?

All the time? No. I think Rossi is a very good and yes, noble man. However, he will lie and deceive when necessary for the sake of ultimately developing a product. From whence comes this duality? Is the seemingly darker side of this tolerable? It's tough for people like myself and probably most people to tolerate it, let alone understand it. But I now think I understand it (I may share at a later time), and in understanding comes greater toleration.

• Official Post

Taking a step back, I think the outcome for deciding to attach such a detector is this: You're damned if you do and you're probably more damned if you don't. Such is life.

If Rossi has something, and if it really needs that Neutron Detector for safe measure, the SK probably should not be on the market. However, there is a part of me that thinks Rossi pushing the regulatory boundaries regarding such technology, may be good as long as no one gets sick, or hurt. I say that because being tagged as a nuclear device of some sort, would likely put the emerging technology into a regulatory category that would slow the certification down tremendously. It could then take years for it to work it's way into the consumer market.

If say, the Atom Ecology team's comes through for us, or BEC, BLP, Norront or heck...may as well include Swartz's Nanor in there too, and LENR becomes recognized and accepted as a viable and real phenomenon, having some SK's already out there and *safely* performing, may give the regulatory process some leeway to treat LENR differently than a nuclear power plant. Hopefully speeding it on it's way to a quicker approval.

Probably wishful thinking on my part, and risky, as basically it is using human guinea pigs to establish whether or not, it is safe. But hey, Rossi supposedly has one running in a customers factory already, so if they are willing to be part of the experiment...fine by me.

• Normally yes, but then he starts to calculate COP with the help of black body equation for a spectra that does not look like a black body. On the other hand dense hydrogen (like Mills) tend to yield most energy in wavelengths shorter than the 300nm he could capture so I don't know. Of cause the equipment that should be installed at the customer should lead to good proof, on the other hand the last customer did don lead to hard proof for a claimed huge COP. It's wait and see how things pan out. Today I would not recommend to buy an ECAT unless you are curious to see if it works and have the money to spend and would enjoy the excitement of having a nuclear device in the cellar.

Rossi was just winging it. His choice of wavelength for his calculation was chosen simply to agree with his heat measurements. It was misapplied, but I'm not really concerned about that. The important thing is the heat; the energy out vs energy in. About wavelengths shorter than 300nm, Rossi's spectrometer apparently only goes down to 350nm so it is hard to say if readings were accurate below that to compare with Mills' results. Mills however it's a different story. He is the master of calculation, unlike Rossi. And Mills (now) has pretty state of the art equipment and is measuring photon continua that are as you say well below 300nm, novel stuff. Yes we'll have to wait and see with Rossi's client success. I predict success and would recommend his product to anybody who can take it on. If it were a residential unit and I could lawfully have it and my furnace was on its last legs, I would most certainly get it.

• Official Post

All the time? No. I think Rossi is a very good and yes, noble man. However, he will lie and deceive when necessary for the sake of ultimately developing a product. From whence comes this duality? Is the seemingly darker side of this tolerable? It's tough for people like myself and probably most people to tolerate it, let alone understand it. But I now think I understand it (I may share at a later time), and in understanding comes greater toleration.

Mark,

Whether one admires the man, or not, I think everyone could agree that the way he is going about this shows he is the worse business man on the planet. If he has something, at this pace he may as well not have something for all the good it will do the world. You do not save the planet with a 20% discount, and a customer base that -because of the strict requirements they must meet, won't be more than a handful. He jealously guards his secrets so he can selfishly have the world market all to himself, yet so incompetent he will never have any market to speak of.

BTW; Since you stepped up to the plate to defend Rossi, and Adrain hardly posts anymore, could you start calling us babblers? :)

• If Rossi has something, and if it really needs that Neutron Detector for safe measure, the SK probably should not be on the market. However, there is a part of me that thinks Rossi pushing the regulatory boundaries regarding such technology, may be good as long as no one gets sick, or hurt. I say that because being tagged as a nuclear device of some sort, would likely put the emerging technology into a regulatory category that would slow the certification down tremendously. It could then take years for it to work it's way into the consumer market.

If say, the Atom Ecology team's comes through for us, or BEC, BLP, Norront or heck...may as well include Swartz's Nanor in there too, and LENR becomes recognized and accepted as a viable and real phenomenon, having some SK's already out there and *safely* performing, may give the regulatory process some leeway to treat LENR differently than a nuclear power plant. Hopefully speeding it on it's way to a quicker approval.

Probably wishful thinking on my part, and risky, as basically it is using human guinea pigs to establish whether or not, it is safe. But hey, Rossi supposedly has one running in a customers factory already, so if they are willing to be part of the experiment...fine by me.

Russ and Alan and Martin are going strong. If Rossi hadn't got up so close and personal with his device he would probably not now require his hairpiece. These guys demonstrate the safety to me, along of course with their measurement devices :) From the rumours I'm hearing lately I would be much more concerned about 5G towers, but I need to look into that more.

• All the time? No. I think Rossi is a very good and yes, noble man. However, he will lie and deceive when necessary for the sake of ultimately developing a product. From whence comes this duality? Is the seemingly darker side of this tolerable? It's tough for people like myself and probably most people to tolerate it, let alone understand it. But I now think I understand it (I may share at a later time), and in understanding comes greater toleration.

noble man. However, he will lie and deceive when necessary for the sake of ultimately developing a product..

I would not call anyone who would lie and deceive a noble man.

You addition of "when necessary for the sake of.... developing a product" just says he would lie and deceive because of greed. That is clearly not "noble" or "good".

by the way, how much of that 10M went to the children with cancer he claimed you would donate?

• Mark,

Whether one admires the man, or not, I think everyone could agree that the way he is going about this shows he is the worse business man on the planet. If he has something, at this pace he may as well not have something for all the good it will do the world. You do not save the planet with a 20% discount, and a customer base that -because of the strict requirements they must meet, won't be more than a handful. He jealously guards his secrets so he can selfishly have the world market all to himself, yet so incompetent he will never have any market to speak of.

BTW; Since you stepped up to the plate to defend Rossi, and Adrain hardly posts anymore, could you start calling us babblers? :)

For myself, I don't mind his approach, it brings out the human element. Reminds me more of the 70s. Slick modern promotional material are for those impressed by such. I'm not, really. There is a disconnect between the grimy energy underbelly reality of our society and the glossy slickness of promotion and the facade of information, and I'm not really a fan. As long as Rossi is competent to work his intuitive genius on a device that is good to work, I'm good with it. Nah I can't call you guys babblers. I'd be calling myself one too and I can't have that.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.