Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• Official Post

If Rossi hadn't got up so close and personal with his device he would probably not now require his hairpiece. These guys demonstrate the safety to me, along of course with their measurement devices

If you lose your hair by getting too close, that does not quite "demonstrate the safety"! :) But yes, the Essex boys are looking great in their color coordinated outfits, and not a hairpiece between the 4 of them...I think.

• It it went against your morals to lie and deceive, but it meant that your child was safe, would you do it? You would, and it would be a very rational decision. Would it be greedy of you to want your child safe? I wouldn't call it such. It would not be in contradiction to that of a noble character.

• Rossi was just winging it. His choice of wavelength for his calculation was chosen simply to agree with his heat measurements. It was misapplied, but I'm not really concerned about that. The important thing is the heat; the energy out vs energy in. About wavelengths shorter than 300nm, Rossi's spectrometer apparently only goes down to 350nm so it is hard to say if readings were accurate below that to compare with Mills' results. Mills however it's a different story. He is the master of calculation, unlike Rossi. And Mills (now) has pretty state of the art equipment and is measuring photon continua that are as you say well below 300nm, novel stuff. Yes we'll have to wait and see with Rossi's client success. I predict success and would recommend his product to anybody who can take it on. If it were a residential unit and I could lawfully have it and my furnace was on its last legs, I would most certainly get it.

Well one part of me thinks that Rossi is having fun with us, and try to keep the ECAT below radar, (Another favorite show one must see is Plan9) and actually have the goods. Another part of me thinks that this must be some kind of odd scam like described in posts above. It is safe to wait to get confirmation and I really thinks that people should do that unless you have the legal and technical team at your hand and are ready to let them chew on the offer. I'm sure you will have a bunch of those guinea pigs running first and within some time ahead we would know if this thing runs or not.

• rubycarat

How can you tell anything from a video on the Internet?

There isn't a simple answer to that. If Rossi really had a powerful nuclear fusion heater, it would not be difficult or expensive to demonstrate it on the internet in a much more convincing manner including having current independent experts making their own measurements. How hard is that?

• As far as money is concerned Rossi already has millions he scammed from IH and the condos he bought.

The money he is seeking for the latest box of miracles seems to be relatively small amounts.

At his age why does he not just fade away?

This kind of crap on his blog just makes me more convinced that as well as being a lying, money grabbing conman, Rossi is also a vain fantasist who partly believes his own stories.

He is one needy control freak.

Whether he can attract any actually real customers I will be surprised, but I guess after the IH debacle Rossi feels he can get away with almost anything.

Still, it is entertaining, but whether it is a trajedy :( or a comedy :) is up for debate.

• You mean it would make him a fraud?

No, a fraud is a fake most all the way through. Rossi is a deep and true individual (in my estimation). Him fudging a calculation to agree with another one is not something so deeply dastardly as you seem to think. I think of it as Rossi having some whimsey with energy calculations, as whimsical as his hand written formulations on paper.

[lying] All the time? No. I think Rossi is a very good and yes, noble man.

Uhho boy. Every once in a while, it seems necessary to review Rossi's past history for those who seemingly have never read it. In brief, here is what this noble and good man has done in his entire career that we know about:

In brief: Petroldragon, the devastation of an Italian province costing millions to clean up, the thermoelectric generator scam on US DOD, lying and scamming distributors and then boasting about it, lying about ecat production and customers for 8 years, suing Industrial Heat when the depositions prove he never delivered a working product.... and there is much much more. The main thing is, Rossi has never done anything noteworthy in his entire verifiable documented lifetime except lie, cheat, take money under false principals, and scam individuals and companies out of millions of dollars which he spent to buy Miami condominiums.

Yes, a noble and good man who is just about to give money to children with cancer. Sure he is.

• Not because I don't think the SK technology works (although I have no proof), I'm ashamed and regret that I ever started following the E-Cat technology. For Rossi to have such an astonishing technology and then have a demonstration that's so amateurish which provides nearly zero proof and would likely push away any potential clients is absolutely disgusting. If Rossi is telling us the truth, he holds an amazing technology that could transform our society, but instead of holding a professional presentation he holds a puppet show. This is unacceptable.

I understand that Rossi has inventors syndrome and wishes to commercialize his technology in a gradual, step by step manner without revealing any of his IP to a larger company which could help him build a huge manufacturing base. However, what he has done is so bad it will actually hinder his efforts to obtain ANY customers. He might as well flush his technology down the toilet. This is an absolute shame, because I believe the technology could indeed change the world. But now I'm virtually certain that it will never see the light of day unless someone replicates. I think the chance of that is low due to how he has now slapped the LENR community in the face by hyping up a presentation that turned out to be a complete and total joke.

Let's apply one variant of Ockham's Razor: Either he is a brilliant inventor hobbled by inventor's syndrome or he is a fraud. Evidence: there is [almost] no evidence that any of his LENR widgets has ever worked, he allows no independent investigation or testing, he refuses to identify his "customer", etc. vs. there is copious evidence that he has lied to his investors, licensees and co-venturers over the years, that he has forged documents, faked results and admitted much of this in court filings, allows no independent investigation or testing, lies about having a customer, refuses to identify his current "customer", etc. Conclusion, he is hobbled by inventor's syndrome but is instead a fraud. QED.

• Uhho boy. Every once in a while, it seems necessary to review Rossi's past history for those who seemingly have never read it. In brief, here is what this noble and good man has done in his entire career that we know about:

In brief: Petroldragon, the devastation of an Italian province costing millions to clean up, the thermoelectric generator scam on US DOD, lying and scamming distributors and then boasting about it, lying about ecat production and customers for 8 years, suing Industrial Heat when the depositions prove he never delivered a working product.... and there is much much more. The main thing is, Rossi has never done anything noteworthy in his entire verifiable documented lifetime except lie, cheat, take money under false principals, and scam individuals and companies out of millions of dollars which he spent to buy Miami condominiums.

Yes, a noble and good man who is just about to give money to children with cancer. Sure he is.

I sense a touch of exaggeration. If someone chose to only expose the faults and misdeeds of someone in one avalanche of time it would look probably pretty grim indeed. In short, it would be in the spirt of what I might call 'fake news'.

Full disclosure : I have not been following Rossi too closely. I've read excerpts of Matt Lewan's book online, some summaries of the trial and some other online material such as video interviews with Rossi. For instance here's one where he talks about ... skeptics of all things. https://vimeo.com/69864491

• It it went against your morals to lie and deceive, but it meant that your child was safe, would you do it? You would, and it would be a very rational decision. Would it be greedy of you to want your child safe? I wouldn't call it such. It would not be in contradiction to that of a noble character.

There is not child involve here.

Would you lie and deceive over and over again just to make money with a thing?

• All the time? No. I think Rossi is a very good and yes, noble man. However, he will lie and deceive when necessary for the sake of ultimately developing a product. From whence comes this duality? Is the seemingly darker side of this tolerable? It's tough for people like myself and probably most people to tolerate it, let alone understand it. But I now think I understand it (I may share at a later time), and in understanding comes greater toleration.

So the ends justify the means? I agree in some circumstances, when life, individually or globally, is in danger (and other circumstances), but rarely is that the case. May I steal your child's lunch money or college education fund in order to give money to a homeless charity -- I think we would all generally say no. Regardless, Rossi has never been faced with that decision. In IH he had someone who invested over 10 million dollars, but Rossi conned, cheated and defrauded them. None of that was necessary for Rossi to develop his "magnificence."

As to the claim that he received 10 million why does he need to continue grifting? First, Uncle Sam took his bite of the 10 million, second, I suspect that Rossi believed he could continue conning IH and was counting on the additional hundreds of millions that he was going to get and probably spent a fair amount of it, not just on condos in Miami but also on fine dining and the good life, and third, and most primary in my view, is that once a conman you just can't retire -- it's in your blood.

• That's too simple. One must consider surface area, not volume. But the valid idea behind what you are saying is this: A furnace will have to be able to keep the living conditions inside comfortable. Sixteen degrees C inside is not comfortable. And that is only with 0 C temperatures outside. Recently it has been much colder than that, and a furnace needs to respond to this and provide the capacity for toasty temperatures inside a residential house when it is -20C outside. So yes Lowes' recommendation is correct.

That still doesn't answer my basic question -- how is the heat pushed out to the room? One poster above commented that the Blue Box we saw is just an exemplar not the one running. But the exemplar still didn't have any ducting connections, so is all the heat supposed to come out through the samovar to heat the room? Can one of the engineers here figure out how hot the samovar would have to be to heat 42,000 cubic feet? I would suspect incredibly hot and dangerous to touch or be close to. Secondly, without any ducting, wouldn't the air nearest the samovar be much hotter than the air at the farthest reach? And without ducting leading to floor and/or low wall radiators or vents, wouldn't most of the warm air rise to the top?

And, also too (I am aware of all internet protocols -- and if you don't understand this reference google it), the only wires I saw coming out of the blue box, and I could be wrong, were the 110 wire, with no wires leading to external thermostats. If the thermostat is incorporated into the blue box, then in order to ensure that the farthest reaches of the room are warm the thermostat would have to be set extremely high, making any areas near the blue box uncomfortable and/or dangerous. Yet you have to physically touch the blue box to adjust the thermostat or to hit the big red emergency button.

All of these simple everyday issues that have actually nothing to do with how the insides of Rossi's widget works shows me that the blue box and everything associated with it is a load of crap. That is not a functioning heater.

• Official Post

in order to ensure that the farthest reaches of the room are warm the thermostat would have to be set extremely high,

You get the same effect if you the thermostat in the furthest corner of the room set to normal temperatures. However, big fan-blown space heaters are commonly used in factories and warehouses - my old place in London was heated by 2 suspended 18kW gas-fired fan heaters. It worked out ok for around 5,000 square feet.

• But the exemplar still didn't have any ducting connections, so is all the heat supposed to come out through the samovar to heat the room? Can one of the engineers here figure out how hot the samovar would have to be to heat 42,000 cubic feet?

I am not an engineer but as I said, if there are no ducts or fans it would work the same way as a Franklin stove, in which case the answer is: very hot. A 75,000 btu Franklin stove is much too hot to touch. It is a stove, hot enough to cook a meal on. This gadget is smaller than a Franklin stove, so the surface would be even hotter.

As Alan Smith points out, in a factory or warehouse heaters of this size have blowers. If this thing is real and it is used for space heating I suppose it would have blowers like a combustion furnace.

I don't see how or why it would be controlled from a secret lair in Florida.

• You get the same effect if you the thermostat in the furthest corner of the room set to normal temperatures. However, big fan-blown space heaters are commonly used in factories and warehouses - my old place in London was heated by 2 suspended 18kW gas-fired fan heaters. It worked out ok for around 5,000 square feet.

I understand that, but where is the thermostat for the blue box, or is it incorporating a wireless thermostat (I now expect Rossi to claim that). And Rossi never discusses using blower fans to circulate the warm air. Rossi just ignores all the incidental parts that would show that this is really ready for market, as he claims repeatedly.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.