Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

Full disclosure : I have not been following Rossi too closely. I've read excerpts of Matt Lewan's book online, some summaries of the trial and some other online material such as video interviews with Rossi. For instance here's one where he talks about ... skeptics of all things. ...

So you give opinions about Rossi's goodness and humanity based on an acolyte's book, and video interviews with the perpetrator? Good going!

There is no need to read summaries, the whole pre-trial transcript (there was no trial, BTW!) is on line and you can read whatever part you wish.

What summaries did you read of the trial? Rossi's?

• Now my questions: If the Blue Box with the samovar attached (credit to someone above for the description was supposed to be the only means of heating a 42,000 cubic foot area (3,000 with 14 foot high ceilings), how the hell does it do that? I see no connections for HVAC tubing and if the samovar is supposed to be putting out all the necessary heat, without a blower or fan, I would have to imagine that the samovar would be verrrrrry hot, and yet it was covered with what appeared to be an ordinary sheet without any harm to the sheet, or to the man with no upper body who stands right next to the samovar.

I would appreciate any substantive corrections / answers to my questions / premises (that means calling me a babbler, idiot or just stupid only reflects on the commenter).

The SK covered by a sheet wasn't operating. The pipes coming out of the top weren't connected to anything. Another SK was heating the factory via a heat exchanger.

Here in the UK we use "wet" heating systems. In my case an oil burner heats water in a tank called a thermal store. That in turn delivers water to pipes in the floor for heating and/or taps/faucets. By coincidence my house is around 3000sqf.

If the SK can produce hot water in the range 55C to 95C it would be dead easy to hook up to my system. I understand the SK may take awhile to turn on/off but that's ok as the thermal store acts as a buffer tank.

• Official Post

Coincidentally, the (very ordinary) floor tiles visible in the e-catSK live-stream look pretty much the same as the ones from a picture which Fabiani has on his Google+ profile site (and which was most most likely taken in a Rossi owned Miami Beach condo).

https://plus.google.com/114854150822705215905

Looks like you nailed it. The presentation was done right there at Leonardo Headquarters (Rossi's Miami Beach condo) according to Acland. LOLs. It is a small condo, so that is probably why the camera was trained only on the SK, or video throughout. For some reason I thought it was going to be done from the customers factory.

• Looks like you nailed it. The presentation was done right there at Leonardo Headquarters (Rossi's Miami Beach condo) according to Acland. LOLs. It is a small condo, so that is probably why the camera was trained only on the SK, or video throughout. For some reason I thought it was going to be done from the customers factory.

Shane,.... it WAS done from the "customer's" factory! ;)

• That still doesn't answer my basic question -- how is the heat pushed out to the room? One poster above commented that the Blue Box we saw is just an exemplar not the one running. But the exemplar still didn't have any ducting connections, so is all the heat supposed to come out through the samovar to heat the room?

See around 6:25.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rossi says the heated fluid connections come in/out of that done thing at the top. They presumably go off to a heat exchanger in the ducts of the office being heated.

• Looks like you nailed it. The presentation was done right there at Leonardo Headquarters (Rossi's Miami Beach condo) according to Acland. LOLs. It is a small condo, so that is probably why the camera was trained only on the SK, or video throughout. For some reason I thought it was going to be done from the customers factory.

Frank Acland ECW Admin Alain Samoun2 hours ago

The pre-recorded part of the video (with the plasma, etc. on the split screen, etc.) was apparently in the customer's factory, but I did not go there. The live presentation was done in the Leonardo Corp. office in Miami

• Vague recipe for a plasma based LENR device.

- Various electrode geometries but sharp tips are extremely useful.

- Platinum or other metals that are not good thermionic emitters.

- Optimal fuel mixture of hydrogen/deuterium, lithium, metal nano-particles, and noble gases.

- Control system that will produce a resonant condition in the reactor.

- The discharge must stay in the negative resistance zone.

- A double layered space charge construct must form.

I think if someone experimented with the above that some small level of excess heat could be achieved very easily

• The SK covered by a sheet wasn't operating. The pipes coming out of the top weren't connected to anything. Another SK was heating the factory via a heat exchanger.

Here in the UK we use "wet" heating systems. In my case an oil burner heats water in a tank called a thermal store. That in turn delivers water to pipes in the floor for heating and/or taps/faucets. By coincidence my house is around 3000sqf.

If the SK can produce hot water in the range 55C to 95C it would be dead easy to hook up to my system. I understand the SK may take awhile to turn on/off but that's ok as the thermal store acts as a buffer tank.

So you are saying that what he showed was not connected and was not heating the room. Not a very good demo then.

SO it sounds like you are saying that what was heating the room was not the SK that he was demonstrating but something else unknown and unseen???? Perhaps a propane stove or an electric heater or a wood burner... who knows?

• Official Post

From the transcript:

(FA) Gianluca asks I would remember - I would remind Rossi that in the EU the heaters in big buildings are installed in a specific room that is opened only to technicians so he says it's like an industry the only staff can enter into a heater room

(AR) ok I take advice of this and I will take you information about that we have to evaluate you know here is an important issue connected with this question so thanks to John Luca the issue is this when we make an installation it is necessary the protect our clients gets the consulting of a certified engineer that must be certified by the locality where we have to install our technology depending on the laws may be the he must be certified by the state we are in by the region I don't know it depends on the local laws and we have the necessity to winter to it we do it in to interface with this engineer to respect all the local laws so if the certified engineer will tell me that I am authorized with the certifications that we have to install my plants in a specific place well there are no problems

• Looks like you nailed it. The presentation was done right there at Leonardo Headquarters (Rossi's Miami Beach condo) according to Acland. LOLs. It is a small condo...

I thought just before the live-stream finished I could hear Rossi’s wife in the background talking to Rossi: “Andrea, now please screw the UV bulb back in my face-tanner, and also please return my body scale into the bath-room”.

• So the ends justify the means? I agree in some circumstances, when life, individually or globally, is in danger (and other circumstances), but rarely is that the case. May I steal your child's lunch money or college education fund in order to give money to a homeless charity -- I think we would all generally say no. Regardless, Rossi has never been faced with that decision. In IH he had someone who invested over 10 million dollars, but Rossi conned, cheated and defrauded them. None of that was necessary for Rossi to develop his "magnificence."

As to the claim that he received 10 million why does he need to continue grifting? First, Uncle Sam took his bite of the 10 million, second, I suspect that Rossi believed he could continue conning IH and was counting on the additional hundreds of millions that he was going to get and probably spent a fair amount of it, not just on condos in Miami but also on fine dining and the good life, and third, and most primary in my view, is that once a conman you just can't retire -- it's in your blood.

I had to look up what 'grifting' means. Good to know. You will notice that Rossi's condo, where he did his presentation, was not adorned with granite flooring. I hardly highly doubt he wines and dines. I think he works hard and lives modestly.

You wrote "So the ends justify the means?" You just got the bingo. If you have time google that expression, combined with the words "philosopher" and "Italy" and it may send you venturing down the rabbit hole where I recently came from.

• Well, here we have it. A public add for an eCat! Posted on ECW.

Note that it states "Certified for industrial use". Here is an opportunity to test Rossi's

actual truthfulness. He is stating he is "certified" which would have to come from a

regulation agency or testing lab such as UL.

Now surely this will not be confidential! What "IP" could be lost by showing his "certification"?

None.

Since I have been banned from ECW, can someone post to Frank and ask him to post

the "industrial certification". This would be good advertisement! It would be good PR!

There is no drawback from it!

However, this will not happen because there is no certification. What would it be certified to?

A hot water heater? Not with a novel, nuclear heat source!. Exactly what "certification" is

Rossi talking about. There is NO "industrial" certification. You get certified to an established

standard set forth by ASTME, UL, CE, SAE, etc. etc. Each of these are particular standards setting

forth testing procedures, required parameters etc. Simply another of Rossi's crazy flags such

as "Sigma 5". Remember when he was stating he could not go into production until Sigma 5 was

reached! Well, he should be able to show his "Sigma 5" certificate as well!

What about the "bad demo on purpose" theory to "stay under the radar" and

avoid competition? Sure! What is the logical thing to do..... put out a public AD!

That is "staying under the radar". Also put in that ad, the link to see the Skcat cat in

action! Oh boy!

I would ask A.A. if he wants to wager if an actual "industrial certification" will ever be

produced. A.A. do you want to bet $10? No you will make some lame excuse babblings why

Rossi does not need certifications, even though Rossi states he has one!

A.S. perhaps you, being an established Rossi supporter, could has him for a copy of these certifications to

show on this forum, to provide positive proof of his credibility of his SKat Cat? Surely he would not

deny a faithful some information in support and to further his sales?

Edit... And Engineer 48 has stated he has customers waiting! Rossi turned him down before.

A.A..... here is a Rossi fan and supporter with customers. Want to bet that Engineer will NOT be

posting that any of his customers have purchased a unit! (Or purchased the heat) Will we hear

anything about a customer from Engineer48 except some Rossi excuse?

Alan Smith, I seem to remember you have been in personal contact with Engineer48. (in the past?)

How about you contacting him and posting here what good news is going on with E48 customers! :)

Yet, some here are still defending and in some cases, identifying their current work with Rossi!

That is really a good way to gain credibility! :/

• So you give opinions about Rossi's goodness and humanity based on an acolyte's book, and video interviews with the perpetrator? Good going!

There is no need to read summaries, the whole pre-trial transcript (there was no trial, BTW!) is on line and you can read whatever part you wish.

What summaries did you read of the trial? Rossi's?

I read much of what Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax wrote. Great writing, experience and insight.

• I'm presuming but if anyone is motivated and equipped to experiment along those lines, it's Russ George.

• Mark U

How in the world would you know what Rossi does, how hard he works and how he lives? What does "I hardly doubt..." mean?

I meant 'highly' doubt, not 'hardly' doubt. Sorry.

Regarding Rossi and how he lives and works : I don't 'know', rather I said 'I think'. He seems like an incredibly intense and focussed individual, from his endurance running as a young man, onward. He seems like a lean and mean workaholic and doesn't strike me as a wine and dine type at all.

• Note that it states "Certified for industrial use".

Hey, don't worry a about safety - there is a big red panic button on top of the casing.

Imagine this conversation of a factory owner with his staff:

“Hey guys, it seems that the lovely dancing plasma ballerina inside of the nuclear heater box - the one which this Italian guy installed for us a couple of weeks ago - got a bit out of control and is overheating.

There is some strange light or radiation coming out of the box now.

I need someone to go there and hit the panic button. Who volunteers?

This Italian guy with the weird voice, the guy who created with his previous venture in Italy an enviromental mess and left tons of toxic waste behind, he ensured me that his nuclear reactor is safe and only creates free energy/heat, but no harmful ionizing will ever leave his box. So, don‘t worry to go there!“

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.