Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• can

Your movie of the screen grabs is brilliant. I hit the "Bruce likes this" button about 20 times in quick succession hoping it would turn into a "Bruce loves this" button!

I note that there are a number of frames in which 437.5 nm seems to be absent. I wonder what that means adn I wonder how that correlates with the control signal shown in the oscilloscope trace at the top left.

• Official Post

There is also a reason for multiple "types" of devices. If Rossi had continued with the same devices, people would have asked more and more and better targeted questions.

Seven, there is another possibility and that is that AR knew how to make heat early on, then attempted to scale it up, but couldn't. Then he re-designs to make it work again, and then tries to control the reaction as it scales, but can't. The re-design could be the result of trying to engineer by trial-and-error, which pretty much everybody else is doing, too.

• Official Post

One has to wonder how Frank Acland stumbled into his unique position in life. I can only guess that the job of president of the Bernie Madoff Fan Club was already taken.

E-Cat World started in 2011 after the January AR demo. All the chip bodies on the Network wanted to chat, all the trolls wanted to fight, and Cold Fusion Now! rebuked the nastiness - deleting pseudo-skeptics and their attacks - we would have none of it. (I'm not one to chat much - cept now that I'm laid off!) Frank filled a real need and succeeded in making a place for AR news and discussion. He provided a valuable service.

• I note that there are a number of frames in which 437.5 nm seems to be absent. I wonder what that means and I wonder how that correlates with the control signal shown in the oscilloscope trace at the top left.

I haven't checked that, but since there is a suggestion on another thread that there could be some similarities with what is described in a IH patent application (attached there), then the peak appearing-disappearing might speculatively be due to this:

I haven't scanned the entire patent application yet, though.

Also, in the SK spectrometer view most of the signal above 450 nm seems to be cut off/filtered or absent.

• Official Post

@Bob: I think it is tribalism at its most self-defeating.

As you implied, having Rossi as the most visible face of cold fusion does incredible damage to the field.

Consider that many of the people that came to awareness because of AR, and are still learning about the whole range of researchers, and the solutions that are currently in development elsewhere. Many people on this forum, I imagine, are here because of Rossi.

Nothing is ever all good, or all bad.

• But what these people say has no bearing on what cold fusion researchers say, or believe. If the amateurs are wrong, that does not mean the researchers are. For that matter, if Researcher A wrong, that does not draw into question results reported by Researcher B, unless B cites A as proof of the claim.

II don't follow these other claims. I know little about them. I don't see what that has to do with cold fusion. It does not detract from the claims, although many skeptics who lump cold fusion in with these other claims seem to think it does. I guess it is understandable that people would feel this way...Cold fusion does appear to violate the known laws of physics, so it is reasonable that experts are wary of it and don't believe it. But it not so logical to say that magnetic motors don't work so that means cold fusion does not work.

You are absolutely correct in the above comments. But what happens is a case of guilt by association. When somebody tells me that the evidence for cold fusion is compelling, I am far more likely to be persuaded if that person is not also telling me that some magnetic motor actually works and that cars can run on water. It is a matter of source credibility. It does not detract from the claims but it buries them in a noisy background. Of course, as you will be quick to point out, that is why one should go to the original sources rather than listening to the peanut gallery. But you have to believe it is worth the effort.

And this is why it seems to me that Rossi is so harmful to the LENR field in general. If the loudest signals are really noise, people are just not going want to tune in.

• Consider that many of the people that came to awareness because of AR, and are still learning about the whole range of researchers, and the solutions that are currently in development elsewhere. Many people on this forum, I imagine, are here because of Rossi.

Nothing is ever all good, or all bad.

Unfortunately, Rossi has cultivated a following that indiscriminately accepts outlandish claims which makes them a dubiously valuable audience for any legitimate research. Something doesn’t have to be all bad to be bad enough.

• Official Post

@ interested observer.

So let me try a little logic here. If the credibility of LENR is damaged by the willingness of some of the internet's people who have no serious scientific education but offer enthusiastic support for it to also believe in UFO's, ghosts, speaking in tongues and that the Cleveland Browns could win the Superbowl, how is the credibility (or otherwise) of cold fusion enhanced by the willingness of those who also don't have a serious scientific education but might well believe in (for example) capital punishment, the mystery of transubstantiation and wife-beaqting (all topics banned in this forum) to comment on the topic and it's proponents?

• Here is a different version of a similarly processed video, perhaps any possible correlation could be clearer here:

https://streamable.com/zxcpc

Careful. There is no way to determine if those 7 views are actually simultaneous.

Note that the “ballerina“ shifts a lot due to camera movement (watch background). I almost suspect that the glow view repeats, but haven’t spent any time seriously checking that out.

• You can choose to argue about capital punishment on a legal forum or on Yahoo.com. Those will be two very different discussions with very different levels of credibility. It is up to you folks whether the discussion of LENR here is a legal forum-level discussion or a Yahoo-level discussion. Both have their uses but it is pretty difficult to do both at once. I guess careful thread management is the best one can do.

• Official Post

You can choose to argue about capital punishment on a legal forum or on Yahoo.com. Those will be two very different discussions with very different levels of credibility. It is up to you folks whether the discussion of LENR here is a legal forum-level discussion or a Yahoo-level discussion. Both have their uses but it is pretty difficult to do both at once. I guess careful thread management is the best one can do.

You miss my point. All of the extraneous topics I mentioned are pretty much totally OT here, so we do (attempt to) manage threads. However, what I was asking was -put more simply - of what consequence are the opinions of people with little scientific training at all, whether believers or skeptics? Arguing about Rossi has nothing to do with LENR science after all, but more like discussion of a fabled gold mine. And you know what Mark Twain said about gold mines? 'A hole in the ground with a liar at the top'.

• Official Post

E-Cat World started in 2011 after the January AR demo. All the chip bodies on the Network wanted to chat, all the trolls wanted to fight, and Cold Fusion Now! rebuked the nastiness - deleting pseudo-skeptics and their attacks - we would have none of it. (I'm not one to chat much - cept now that I'm laid off!) Frank filled a real need and succeeded in making a place for AR news and discussion. He provided a valuable service.

Ruby,

Sorry, I missed IO's low blow to Acland. Will go find it, and put in Clearance. We accept skeptical views here, but with Rossi being the lone exception, we expect they treat others with a little more respect than this.

As to Seven of Twenty, outing is when you put a person's real name to an avatar. In his case it is not when I tell you his old avatar was the infamous Mary Yugo avatar, who has stalked the field since Rossi emerged. I think he serves some purpose here, although I could not tell you off hand what that purpose is. Some people respond to his stock diatribes, and some do not. Your choice.

• I also tried graphing the µSv/h readings from the raw video, before the recording loops.

At this level and over this short period of time without more context it could be due to anything, though, including background variation.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.