Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• Amongst the many other things I'm dubious about, one is that I can't help wondering if a 20% saving on heating bills is going to be sufficiently attractive to the discerning customer

Carpet factories in Georgia use a lot of process heat and steam. The people at Hydrodynamics sell them heating equipment. (https://www.hydrodynamics.com/) I have been to visit them many times, and I talked to carpet factory managers and engineers. They would hardly notice a 20% savings, and they wouldn't care about it. They are more concerned about other things such as: reliability, safety, capacity, dirty water clogging the boilers and pipes, equipment maintenance cost, and so on. They would go with a boiler that is 20% less efficient but does not clog up. They are also restricted by regulations and by common sense. For example, an open flame might cause an explosion, so they have to use electric heaters, even though gas is about 3 times more energy efficient and cheaper.

• Carpet factories in Georgia use a lot of process heat and steam. The people at Hydrodynamics sell them heating equipment. (https://www.hydrodynamics.com/) I have been to visit them many times, and I talked to carpet factory managers and engineers. They would hardly notice a 20% savings, and they wouldn't care about it. They are more concerned about other things such as: reliability, safety, capacity, dirty water clogging the boilers and pipes, equipment maintenance cost, and so on. They would go with a boiler that is 20% less efficient but does not clog up. They are also restricted by regulations and by common sense. For example, an open flame might cause an explosion, so they have to use electric heaters, even though gas is about 3 times more energy efficient and cheaper.

A proper market research would have revealed that Rossi's business case would not work ... he missed that part of a successful and important product design as well. But as we can see it is quite easy to convince almost everybody on ECW, that what he does is right and the only way (to fool gullible followers and - his hope - another investor...).

• Barty - Welcome to the club. The R'ster apparently got his self-certification pulled by SGS after they learned that he was mis-applying a "self-certification" to a different device in a different company from what was submitted.

Several key words beyond the obvious but the main thing that was learned was "self-certification".

• Amongst the many other things I'm dubious about, one is that I can't help wondering if a 20% saving on heating bills is going to be sufficiently attractive to the discerning customer. Even assuming minimal disruption and cost in installing the SKBeast, I can easily imagine a fair proportion of potential customers, once they look closely at their existing arrangements, find that it is relatively simple to save close to that by conventional means (more efficient boilers, better insulation, etc). And all without risking installing a mystery magic machine operating on unknown principles with no firm data or user recommendations to back up the decision.

The saving rate is up to 50% now/

• Both Rossi and R. Mills have the same challenge in converting XUV into usable energy. Mills is struggling with it big time.

• There is also the knotty problem of how to contain a plasma or arc that has a supposed real temperature of thousands of degrees.

Envelopes of fused quartz, magnesium fluoride and so on won't cut it.

But maybe Rossi has invented a brand spanking new super-refractory transparent material! That on its own could be worth a fortune.

• There is also the knotty problem of how to contain a plasma or arc that has a supposed real temperature of thousands of degrees.

Envelopes of fused quartz, magnesium fluoride and so on won't cut it.

But maybe Rossi has invented a brand spanking new super-refractory transparent material! That on its own could be worth a fortune.

Just like in the SAFIRE plasma and the BrLP SunCell. it appears that the plasma is self containing,

• Its called a Universal Self- CheckMate (or USCM) with the only exception being the Planet Rossi remnant.

I dont understand. How does this differ from before the demo?

A more leveled approach in my opinion. I cant really understand why so many see so much to gain in arguing about insignificant details when the logic of the whole thing, as @mmcubre describes it, is so obvious??

• BTW I was banned on ECW for asking about the "certified for industrial use" certificate.

According to some over there it is not allowed to publish such a certificate :/

Not surprising. I too was banned, and note it was not for being obnoxious. It was for asking clear questions that clearly indicated Rossi to be a con.

Some state you can post skeptical views on ECW, but that is true to only a limited extent. If you post a skeptical view that is not well founded or can be disputed, that post will stay. However if you make a few posts with a hard question that clearly shows (if unanswered) that Rossi is a con, you will be banned.

I used to think Frank was simply wanting to keep a "positive" atmosphere. Indeed, some skeptics can become quite insulting. However, I now believe that Frank keeps up the show for one of two reasons. 1) He does not want to lose what money might be brought in by the website. He often posts requests to subscribe or send money in. 2) Like Lewan, he has supported Rossi for so long it would be very humiliating to change now. I believe several people might be of this persuasion.

I guess a third option is that he actually believes. However, I doubt this. If one believes (such as Director) he will argue the case but not hide from the hard questions.

Frank consciously attempts to hide the hard questions from his site and censor them. Censorship comes about WHEN the "censoring party" knows the truth WILL out them and cause them to be exposed. I have seen this situation in several areas.

Look at A.A. He babbles incessantly, but he never provides facts, data or logic. He simply insults and tries to cover his baseless position by shifting the focus to insults on the questioner or by posting unsupported and fallible statements (i.e. HE KNOWS). Another example of one knowing that he has nothing to stand on. "If you cannot dazzle them with data, baffle them with bullshit". A.A. and Rossi both read from the same book.

I respect M. McKubre. But I disagree with his recent position. "Wait and see" has already been done several times. Each time damage is done. At some point, one has to step up and state this is "BS". Yes, early on Rossi brought PR, which might have been good then. But now, with 7 years of actual proven fraud (read the court documents for goodness sake", this king of PR we can do without.

I believe some parties simply have not paid close attention or do not know all the facts. I can understand a "Wait and see" position if one simply stepped into this drama recently. But when ones has followed in detail the past seven years, it becomes simply criminal! I once made a comment that the Lugano test was ran entirely by Rossi and Fulviani. Wytenbach (sp?) posted a quote from the Lugano report stating that Rossi had nothing to do with it. Thus he had reason to believe the Lugano test was independent. However, after that report, it came out that INDEED, Rossi ran the entire test and the professors only dropped in. We do not even know how often. Here is an example of how not knowing the details can make a big difference.

And there is a LOT of details of this type.

• I respect M. McKubre. But I disagree with his recent position. "Wait and see" has already been done several times. Each time damage is done. At some point, one has to step up and state this is "BS". Yes, early on Rossi brought PR, which might have been good then. But now, with 7 years of actual proven fraud (read the court documents for goodness sake", this king of PR we can do without.

So what do you suggest should be done instead of "wait and see"? What kind of actions do you advocate? Accusations of ... whatever ... are plentiful not only in this thread... What is it that makes you so aggressive? I don't get it! (and from what I can find out there is no "proven fraud" in any court documents - it seems like they settled right?)

• “Wait and see” is the common plea of Rossi supporters who don’t like the logical, technical, and economic flaws of Rossi’s scam laid out in detail. Makes them uncomfortable to hear such things. So can’t we just be silent and wait and see?

Is this directed towards @mccubre? Do you disagree with his reasoning? And what do you suggest to do about it? (instead of "wait and see")

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.