Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• I'm definitely not an expert either.

But how do you know how small the angle of the sample is? And without knowing how small the angle is, what good does integrating the spectrum do?

Let's suppose that this was not a spectrophotometer in use at all .... just something that measured the intensity of the light across some radiation band. That would basically give you the same information as integrating the spectrum given by a spectrophotometer. Yet you still would not be able to calculate power unless you knew what proportion of the overall energy of the SK was entering the aperture of the device.

Does it really matter? I mean, at all?

Say you find that is a Rossi animation,

then what? You’re not going to convince a single person on Planet Rossi, not one.

The acolytes will squirm in their chairs, wring their hands, gnash the teeth until some intrepid soul comes up with another steaming raft of turd excuse to pile on the already Mt. Vesuvius like growth.

Then they will all convince themselves that this is what their master truly intended.

Akland I can understand, he’s like a professional wrestling promoter, he has a vested interest in people believing the Ecat and Rossi are real, but all of the other lemmings, I just cannot comprehend.

• Official Post

I think this will be the pattern for the next year:

Dear Dr Rossi,

I don’t understand your answers, probably because I don’t know which answer applies to you which question.

I will rephrase them numbering the questions:

1. Who is imposing the NDA, a) your company or b) the customers?

2. In case the answer to 1. Is b). Can a customer disclose they are using your product if they decide so?

3. What are the terms of the NDA? (In general)

4. Is the total COP of the apparatus part of the NDA?

5. If the answer to 4. Is yes, why has this inclosed in the NDA? (not being the COP intellectual property)

6. From your statement I understand that you have been contacted from America, EUrope, Cina, Russia and Africa after the presentation. Can you tell us how many contracts are currently being discussed?

Kind Regards,

Lib

Andrea Rossi
    February 6, 2019 at 12:37 PM

Lib:

1- a+b

2- yes

3- confidential

4- confidential

5- n.a.

6- enough

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• Official Post

Frank has ran his blog almost every

day for eight years by himself.

Frank was a good choice to co-host the SK presentation. Tom Florek, of the comedy team: "Tom and Doug Radio Show", probably did not help add a sense of gravitas to the occasion though. The duo did a Rossi interview years ago, and wrote a song about it. Rossi likes to work with those he feels comfortable with, but come on...this was supposedly the introduction to a world changing technology.

I would imagine even Tom, was wondering why the hell he was invited there.

• Right. So all the power radiates from the surface area, not the volume.

Nice try, but no. The power radiates from the volume, then through the surface area.

On another note ; I just discovered that the video gives the dimensions of the cylinder that contains the plasma: 10cm tall by 10cm across.

But this is incompatible with my measurement of the Ballerina on a sixteen inch diagonal video screen, where I measured the Ballerina to be 16cm tall. How can the Ballerina be taller than the cylinder that contains the plasma? So something is amiss methinks. Yet by happy coincidence, my ad hoc Ballerina dimensions of 8cm by 4cm fit inside the cylinder. The true size of the Ballerina is now somewhat of a mystery. Perhaps it is indeed around 8cm by 4cm, and I'm psychic.

• Nice try, but no. The power radiates from the volume, then through the surface area.

On another note ; I just discovered that the video gives the dimensions of the cylinder that contains the plasma: 10cm tall by 10cm across.

But this is incompatible with my measurement of the Ballerina on a sixteen inch diagonal video screen, where I measured the Ballerina to be 16cm tall. How can the Ballerina be taller than the cylinder that contains the plasma? So something is amiss methinks. Yet by happy coincidence, my ad hoc Ballerina dimensions of 8cm by 4cm fit inside the cylinder. The true size of the Ballerina is now somewhat of a mystery. Perhaps it is indeed around 8cm by 4cm, and I'm psychic.

I see what has happened; the narration would be referring to the size of the Ballerina when the video screen has 6 different images on it, not when the Ballerina is full screen. (It happened to be full screen when the narrator described the dimensions, so that fooled me.) So, measuring the Ballerina as one of 6 different images on a 16 inch diagonal screen, the Ballerina is about 8.5 cm tall, so my ad hoc Ballerina dimensions are about correct.

• Mark: that fact alone might give you reason to check your assumptions.

(1) comparison with candle is wrong: candles emit a lot of light in infra-red and are very inefficient (visible light cf power in) when compared with fluorescent discharge. Your assumption that the same volume density of photons is emitted in the two cases is just wrong.

(2) light output of a flame or plasma scales with surface area not volume if the flame or plasma is opaque (interior emission is in thermal equilibrium with absorption) . So your 200X factor would scale down to 34 (2/3 power).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.