Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• Maybe it’s because my “insults” are humorous in nature while yours sound like the thrashing about of a pointlessly angry individual whose views are not received the way he would like.

There are insults and then there are insults. You may well be a swell guy and a real pillar of the community. I don’t know and I don’t care. If you say dumb things, people here will point out that the things you say are dumb. If you find that insulting, say fewer dumb things.

• Maybe it’s because my “insults” are humorous in nature while yours sound like the thrashing about of a pointlessly angry individual whose views are not received the way he would like.

There are insults and then there are insults. You may well be a swell guy and a real pillar of the community. I don’t know and I don’t care. If you say dumb things, people here will point out that the things you say are dumb. If you find that insulting, say fewer dumb things.

Maybe not. We'll see. At the present rate, I am not allowed to trade insult for insult, but yours are allowed to remain. I'll happily invite you to a cold fusion discussion site where my insults will remain and so will yours. I already know how you will scurry back from such an invitation.

• Maybe not. We'll see. At the present rate, I am not allowed to trade insult for insult, but yours are allowed to remain. I'll happily invite you to a cold fusion discussion site where my insults will remain and so will yours. I already know how you will scurry back from such an invitation.

I am not interested in trading insults with you on some other site. I am mostly here to watch the Rossi circus and his remarkable supporters of which there only a handful who participate these days. I don’t have a strong enough stomach to spend time on sites where there are lots of Rossi fans.

That being said, if it would make you a happier camper to call me names, please do. Shane will probably let you get away with it. I will only call you a Rossi supporter. That suffices as an insult in my view.

• interested observer wrote:

@kevmolenr: .snip. So let’s try to understand where you are coming from.

***If that is representative of you trying to understand a differing point of view, then you're simply not very good at it.

Based on the notion that it is not strictly speaking impossible that Rossi’s assorted claims are real,

***And keeping in mind that YOU were the one who introduced this hypothetical, not me...

you are saying that pointing out how absurd and unlikely they are is bad form?

***Where did I say that? I didn't. You see, this is where you get all wrapped around the axle, time and again. You don't seem to know how to argue without pulling ye old Straw Argument out of your bag.

You like it better if people just regurgitate the nonsense he spews?

***No. And I never said that, never said anything remotely near that, but yet here you are , straw argumenting against it.

ECW is designed for that purpose. Why not spend all your time there among like-minded souls?

***Why don't you just come on over to the Cold Fusion site on DISQUS where I can tell you what I really think and the comments won't get removed by Ecat World nor LENR Forum?

I guess it is because you see yourself as an heroic defender of LENR battling skeptopaths like Jed Rothwell (??????).

***I've been discussing issues with Jed for years, here and on ECW and Vortex and probably a few other places. You take my differing viewpoint from his as "battling him as a skeptopath"????? You really have a major issue with discerning reality, and it would seem you're never able to put an argument together without resorting to some classical fallacy or another.

• If Rossi has what he claims, he should have shown it to IH.

***He did, that's why they went in on it with him. But he's such an unsufferable Adam Henry that they tried to separate his technology from him.

No, they did not. There is no evidence for that. They paid him $10 million and they would have paid the rest. This is clear from the lawsuit documents.

• THAT is doing your job. Leaving it to the insulted party to weed out insults into the response to keep it civil doesn't work anywhere, especially when all responses (even polite ones) get shunted to a Clearance Items thread without notice.

Since you are convinced that the moderators here are duplicitous and not doing their job, and that their approach "doesn't work anywhere", would it not make more sense for you to find another place to post, or alternatively, use your moderating talent at a site that's more open to your more enlightened approach, especially since they have indicated that they have no intention of taking your advice?

• Official Post

Kev,

Not going down that Rabbit Hole with you. Maybe because you have been gone awhile, you missed that this Rossi thread is less moderated than others? What is acceptable here, is not tolerated on other threads. We have put out notice of that before, after getting complaints similar to yours. The reason for that is because there is little middle ground with Rossi. He is either a conman, or genius inventor (one other category I am in) in most people's opinion. So we discussed it in private, and concluded we have the choice to ban Rossi talk, or let members have their say...up to a point, and we chose the latter option.

Those that decide to participate on this, or any Rossi thread know the rules and accept them. That said, there is no getting around us Mods being humans, and we do make mistakes. Overall though, I think we do a pretty good job of walking that fine line. Proof of that is in the growth of our member ranks.

Alan wrote a very polite message to you, simply asking you to try and be civil, but the main point was asking you (in private) to ease up on "management". I would have phrased it differently, and asked you try and be less volatile, as you do often come across as about ready to fly off the handle.

That is balanced though, with you having many good things to say. Especially about Rossi. How about you get back to the discussion, get thicker skin, and leave the moderation to us?

But he cannot simultaneously be a genius con-man as portrayed by some or a genius maverick scientist as portrayed by others and a moron. So not many points for this description.

Rossi is not a genius con man nor is he a complete moron. My personal opinion is that he probably has average intelligence but is significantly mentally ill, starting with sociopathy. Interesting to me has always been that people believe him even though he has very little scientific education and absolutely no legitimate experience in science or technology work. He has never made or sold anything which works in his entire life. He has no resume at all except for his cons!

Like most con men, Rossi seems affable and bright when he wants to be. He fools mostly people who are extremely desirous of cold fusion being real. The other thing interesting to me is that people have believed Rossi and invested in him without ever requiring decent controlled/blanked/calibrated experiments performed by a major testing organization.

Maybe the most amazing feature of Rossi's low grade mediocre scam is that so many people believe all sorts of things about Rossi's physical and intellectual prowess simply based on Rossi web sites or regurgitated Rossi claims on fan sites like e-catworld.com.

So to answer Alan Smith, Rossi is not a moron but his scam is not a genius scam either. Most scams are not. Most scams are pretty transparent to skeptical people and fool only a small minority of believers. Even Madoff's epic scam did not fool some of the more skeptical investment experts. Sadly, their warnings went unheeded.

• “***Why don't you just come on over to the Cold Fusion site on DISQUS where I can tell you what I really think and the comments won't get removed by Ecat World nor LENR Forum?”

Oh boy! I am genuinely terrified of the thought of finding out what you REALLY think. That kind of invective would probably send me into therapy for years.

• Since you are convinced that the moderators here are duplicitous and not doing their job, and that their approach "doesn't work anywhere", would it not make more sense for you to find another place to post, or alternatively, use your moderating talent at a site that's more open to your more enlightened approach, especially since they have indicated that they have no intention of taking your advice?

That's a pretty good idea. I'll invite you over there lickety split.

https://disqus.com/home/channel/coldfusion/

I'm sure you'll make a swell contributor.

• “***Why don't you just come on over to the Cold Fusion site on DISQUS where I can tell you what I really think and the comments won't get removed by Ecat World nor LENR Forum?”

Oh boy! I am genuinely terrified of the thought of finding out what you REALLY think. That kind of invective would probably send me into therapy for years.

Yup. I knew you couldn't be drawn out into the open.

• No, they did not. There is no evidence for that. They paid him $10 million and they would have paid the rest. This is clear from the lawsuit documents.

What was clear from the lawsuit documents was that they wanted his technology , which is strange if it's so worthless. They had already begun working with others in the field and possibly transferred some of his IP across.

• That's a pretty good idea. I'll invite you over there lickety split.

https://disqus.com/home/channel/coldfusion/

I'm sure you'll make a swell contributor.

It's interesting that you consider that a channel for discussion. You have one post from two years ago with no comments. Is that because you moderated all the comments that didn't meet your moderation standards, or is it merely that nobody found your post worth responding to?

Personally, I find your comments to be caustic, obnoxious, foolish, intellectually vacuous, and a waste of time. But maybe that's due to some personality deficit I have. Fortunately this site provides the ability for individuals to block other individuals. Although I rarely do this, I've made an exception in your case.

• KevMo - another refurbished Rossi acolyte who is here to try and perpetuate the mistruth and misdirection that Rossi counts on to sustain his story.

IH did want Rossi IP to find out if his system worked and the R'ster sold his IP for $11.5M then wasn't able to follow-through on his contractual transfer obligations because it never worked in the first place. There was nothing to transfer except a bunch of electrical and plumbing junk. KevMo also attempts to perpetuate that R IP (a joke in and of itself) was "transferred to others". Volumes of discovery submitted for the trial revealed that didn't happen - another falsehood from Planet Rossi_KevMo. Rossi doesn't even know what his "IP" is any more because it is some beguiling ether floating on the surface of Planet Rossi. How many times has the market spoken already? I've lost count.

• ***So this embarrassingly inept flimflam artist convinced Focardi and Levi and a bunch of other scientists that he had LENR in a bag, did the same with a bunch of other scientists (one of whom was in the Swedish Skeptics Society), and snookered Industrial Heat out of $11million, almost snagging $89 million_more but wouldn't give up his (what you would call) worthless technology. He doesn't sound very inept to me. He sounds very wily and if he really is a con artist using LENR as the hook (NOTE that big IF conditional precursor statement...IF If :IF IF) then Industrial Heat did all of us a big disfavor by not taking him down. And so did all those other scientists. They have a duty to us in the public. In particular I am extremely disappointed with the scientists who were involved with the '3rd party report'. They basically sat on their butts and let Rossi run the show and then let someone else write their report for them. No, the embarrassment shouldn't land on Rossi, it should land on those lazy bums.

I won't speak to the scientists' duty, but IH had no duty at all to any of us. And, for the record (in case it is not already clear), count me in the "Rossi is a flim-flam man, a con artist, a fraud, a liar, a thief, and a cheat" camp.

• Since you brought it up; It was a polite: "try" and be civil, and stop beating up on us Mods. Very good way to handle it I thought. Now, leave us alone, and go have some fun like Alan recommended.

I read my 'private' note from Alan. How is it you know that he said "try and be civil" if it's a private message? You got it before I did.

Please note that I was talking about how I was placed on "probation" a year or 2 ago, not within the last few days. I just now figured out what you are talking about , out in the open, which is really a discussion that happened in private. Apparently you thought it was a 'very good way to handle it' but you were talking about a private message that I had not received while I was talking about something that happened 2 years ago.

I will go and have some fun as Alan recommended. I see the rules have changed. None of those initiating insults have been shunted to the Clearance Items thread, apparently due to a new policy that allows insults on lightly moderated "Rossi" threads.

What I wonder is, am I free to trade insult for insult, or is the moderators' expectations that only people who say slightly nice things about Rossi are expected to be civil while the fallacious skeptopaths are allowed to insult without consequence?

• I won't speak to the scientists' duty, but IH had no duty at all to any of us. And, for the record (in case it is not already clear), count me in the "Rossi is a flim-flam man, a con artist, a fraud, a liar, a thief, and a cheat" camp.

Thanks for your insight. I'm sure Dewey is very proud.

• That's just it. It can't be put aside, because the remarks will get moved to some other thread. Why did you decide to go down this unpleasant path? You'll have to answer that to yourself because, to be candid, I'm not really all that interested in your answer.

So for all of your whining about people not answering your questions, you completely fail to answer his question as to why you believe the current Rossi widget is real. SO LET ME ASK THE SAME QUESTION: WHY DO YOU BELIEVE THE CURRENT ROSSI WIDGET IS REAL? Or is your answer going to be an excuse again.

You also complain about personal insults but then you do the same by saying that "to be candid, I'm not really all that interested in your answer," which I interpret, at a minimum, as an implied insult to the person's intelligence, reasoning ability and, possibly, integrity. And just to be clear, based on your posts to date (going back some period of time), I have absolutely no doubts about your lack of integrity, and possibly your intelligence and reasoning ability.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.