Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• I seem to recall from Cassarino's deposition that IH said that even though they thought Rossi was outside the terms of his contract they would make sure that Rossi was well compensated if only he could demonstrate that his technology worked. Did you not see that?

Well, they didn't tell Rossi though. Wonder why? I believe they did offer him something (nowhere close to $89M) to stop the test and just hand over a smaller working device including all the IP... I suppose this was around the same time Rossi understood they simply wanted the IP and was never going to pay according to contract. He then went into Flintstone mode, ie first the money then the full IP...

• Well, they didn't tell Rossi though. Wonder why? I believe they did offer him something (nowhere close to $89M) to stop the test and just hand over a smaller working device including all the IP... I suppose this was around the same time Rossi understood they simply wanted the IP and was never going to pay according to contract. He then went into Flintstone mode, ie first the money then the full IP...

But you were talking about Cassarino's deposition and how that revealed what IH was thinking. I recall Cassarino saying that IH told him that even though Rossi was outside the terms of his contract they would pay Rossi lots of money as long as he could prove the ECat worked. Did you see that in Cassarino's deposition?

• LDM,

You must be joking,

• But you were talking about Cassarino's deposition and how that revealed what IH was thinking. I recall Cassarino saying that IH told him that even though Rossi was outside the terms of his contract they would pay Rossi lots of money as long as he could prove the ECat worked. Did you see that in Cassarino's deposition?

Yes. They obviously did not feel safe about Cassarino since he was neutral. I mean they even sort of threatened to bring him into the lawsuit. I guess they thought that if they told Cassarino they were never going to pay Rossi at all regardless of success - he might have told Rossi and the game would have been over even earlier. Somehow Rossi figured out this anyway though. The important part is that IH never told Rossi - They needed Rossi to keep believing - so that he kept on working - so that they could keep using him for the marketing purposes they wanted.

• Yes. They obviously did not feel safe about Cassarino since he was neutral. I mean they even sort of threatened to bring him into the lawsuit. I guess they thought that if they told Cassarino they were never going to pay Rossi at all regardless of success - he might have told Rossi and the game would have been over even earlier. Somehow Rossi figured out this anyway though. The important part is that IH never told Rossi - They needed Rossi to keep believing - so that he kept on working - so that they could keep using him for the marketing purposes they wanted.

So you agree that IH told Cassarino that they would make sure that even if Rossi was outside his contractual obligations they would make sure he would be well rewarded ... as long as he could show that the ECat worked?

• Good to have someone well informed about the Rossi story speak up in his defense.

What is so good about it? Like the other Rossi supporters, jt provides zero corroboration, evidence, or justification for any of Rossi’s claims. He doesn’t actually defend Rossi; all we get are attacks on IH and skeptics. None of that gives any reason to take Rossi seriously.

• If you think Rossi was working, you have not read the Penon report. It takes no work to write down bogus numbers once a day.

I know you feel that way Jed. However, I'm talking mainly about the IH mindset here. And from reading Cassarino my impression is that they are very far from innocent. I consider the scenario I describe to be very likely. IH knew since long before Doral they had the upper hand contractually. They also believed they would be able to use Rossi+Doral to raise a lot of money, and did so with at least Woodford. The fraud narrative/conspiracy was manufactured only after they were sued - a little bit in panic mode it looks like. Maybe they had doubts earlier, but they never told Rossi about it. A bit strange I would say?

And I can understand why Rossi became more protective after he realized IH were up to no good - especially after he was offered an early exit with a fraction of the money, but still needed to hand over all IP. Rossi might also have realized IH had not raised enough money and the off shore corporate setup they used also hinted that they could easily go bankrupt (they've done that before in other projects) but at the same time hand over/sell IP to someone else.

There was no other way than a Flintstone and a mexican knife fight. Otherwise he would not be able to get out of the NDA/contract and probably AND he would not be paid either. Because I believe Rossi would rather die than hand over anymore IP than he already had to IH under those circumstances. So he sued, took them by surprise and in the end he won his IP back. You might think it is worthless, but Rossi sure as hell does not.

• Official Post

What is so good about it? Like the other Rossi supporters, jt provides zero corroboration, evidence, or justification for any of Rossi’s claims. He doesn’t actually defend Rossi; all we get are attacks on IH and skeptics. None of that gives any reason to take Rossi seriously.

True, and that has been is sorely missing from Rossi's blogger defense team. kevmo was doing something like that, and when he decides to reengage maybe he will pick up where he left off....without the fireworks. :)

jtomas knows more than just the Doral/IH court documents though, and I was hoping he would feel comfortable in going beyond trashing IH in his defense of Rossi. We could learn quite a bit from him I suspect. LF has a much laxer policy now than a year ago, so no reason not to speak up.

• jtomas

Thanks for joining the discussion. Good to have someone well informed about the Rossi story speak up in his defense. Along with Doral, maybe you could give your opinion on why Rossi dropped the Doral based Ecat tech, and your thoughts on what we may expect in Europe with the SK?

Do not worry, I am not on a fishing expedition, so you can answer freely.

I can only guess that the Doral tech was not scalable and not realiable, in the sense that Rossi needed to micromanage it almost 24/7. Process control was not even close to be totally automatized. With the QX and SK its a whole different story. Process control is instant and does not rely on the intuition of Rossi on what is going to happen in an hour if flow/heat of whatever is changed now.

• If you think Rossi was working, you have not read the Penon report. It takes no work to write down bogus numbers once a day.

Since Rossi announced his QX while at Doral (in the latter stages iirc) he was almost certainly working on the next version of E-Cat while supposedly babying his Doral E-Cats. Rossi is a work horse.

• I can only guess that the Doral tech was not scalable and not realiable, in the sense that Rossi needed to micromanage it almost 24/7. Process control was not even close to be totally automatized.

Your guess is Rossi‘s own explanation, colported when asked why he dumped his fabulous product for the revolutionary new QX, which he claimed to have developed during the Doral “test”... not really polite behavior being under contract to deliver the goods (a working ECat) he got a first rate of 11 mio $ for...

• If Rossi supporters are trying to be more effective in making their case (and that is probably a poor assumption), then they should understand that simply regurgitating whatever Rossi says accomplishes nothing. Anyone with any sense doesn't trust Rossi to tell them how many eggs are in a dozen much less any part of the fantasy world news of his efforts. So if they are really trying to persuade anybody, they had better come up with some evidence beyond Rossisays. But, of course, since there is none, I guess they don't have that option.

• So you agree that IH told Cassarino that they would make sure that even if Rossi was outside his contractual obligations they would make sure he would be well rewarded ... as long as he could show that the ECat worked?

No, not as far as I can see reading through it again. What section do you mean? It seems like the only real goal for IH was to get the full IP and replicate what Rossi was doing by themselves. (it is stated many times). Having Rossi running the Doral plant and showing that it works, had no value to them if they already had the sauce. Especially since the $89M was due after a successful test... Since they did not have all of the sauce they needed Rossi to continue and they needed the plant as a marketing tool to raise money. Therefore all vagueness and and focus on not upsetting Rossi. Also looks like Cassarino tipped Rossi off about them not going to accept Penon halfway through the test. Kind if stupid telling Cassarino about their strategy and not Rossi. Of course Rossi was pissed recieving that email!!!

• jtomas is so full of crap. Rossi threw Cassarino out of his life once the Doral test started. Rossi banished him from coming to visit and commanded him to not contact him ever again. Cassarino was shocked - another Rossi discard / throw-away. The esteemed fiction writer jtomas doesn't deal in facts so that is moot for his story but thought that everyone else would enjoy knowing this tidbit. A first person fact.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.