Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• I was getting to the point where I was going to block him... But then he at least learned how to use the quote function correctly. After that I figured he might be able to learn other things.

I see there are some in the Rossi-Derangement-Syndrome crowd who have trouble with the quotes as well. Does your criticism extend to them?

• Sad the KevMo clearly didn't get enough time off. He can't seem to interpret facts from the record in the same way that non-Planet Rossions can see.

Thanks for the feedback with about the usual fact-free assertions that you are so fond of laying down. Yet another example of the FAIL-on particle exhibiting itself.

• We know now BTW from many independent analyses both empirical and analytical that the Lugano power measurement method advocated by Levi and Rossi can do this. Levi was plainly wrong.

So, Levi was wrong, the Swedes were wrong , Penon was wrong. For an inept con man, Rossi sure hoodwinked a lot of people. We're not dealing with a stupid man. Either he's a very wily con artist or he's got LENR in a box.

The original countersuit said that IH wanted the IP. Why? If it was worthless, they should have said so , under oath, and asked the judge not to force them to keep worthless IP. And once they knew it was worthless, they should have stopped everything and no longer invite investors for a lookieloo.

The facts on the ground favor the viewpoint that there was a falling out due to Rossi being an Adam Henry, and he went into Flintstone mode while IH gave it a valid attempt at separating him from his IP.

I'll have to answer the rest of your contentions later.

• The $89 million would only be paid if it worked. If it had worked, it was worth far more than this. Despite what some people have said here recently, I am sure I.H. would have paid that.

The independent 3rd party that both sides agreed to submitted a positive report. Any judge is gonna look at that report and basically bias on the side of positivity. And if it's supposed to be nonworking when the report says it's working, the submitted counter-documents need to be a slamdunk.... they were obviously far from a slamdunk because the 2 sides settled.

The Flinstone scenario fits the facts on the ground, would have generated a positive report and an adam henry like Rossi would have salted his reactor so it wouldn't work any more. So either IH keeps Rossi around to make sure the IP works, or they part company with the IP and Rossi. If the IP were worthless they would have parted company far sooner. Rossi posted on his JONP blog that he offered to PAY:for getting his IP back, and since other parts of his blog were entered into the docket it would have been easy to get that offer posted in the court documents and the judge could have strongly encouraged IH:to consider accepting his supposed offer.

Now here is where Dewey steps in and twists it around claiming that I think it's true just because it's on Rossi's blog. But he completely misses the point that if it's on Rossi's blog it's admissible and it doesn't even matter if it's true because once it's admitted as evidence, Rossi has to address it under oath.

• What I have said here many times and in many ways:

Dr Richard: the real basic problem is that whatever LENR actually is, there is NO REASON to believe that Rossi's charade has anything whatsoever to do with it.

Your claim:

Your world view seems to be that Rossi represents LENR , which is nonsense because LENR was replicated more than 150 times before Rossi even showed up. There is practically no reason to listen to you on these subjects.

Talk about factless assertions...

• Do you agree that IH was happy to show Woodford the plant and take their money the way Cassarino describes it? And that they did want to keep Rossi in the dark about their thoughts on Penon?

Absolutely not! Read the Murray letter and you will see they made it clear to him what the problems were. Woodford sent someone to the site. Anyone who looked around the room for two minutes would have seen it was bullshit from start to finish. You did not even need to visit. Anyone who looked over the data provided by Rossi would see it was fraudulent. I saw some of the data before it was published. I described it here. I said it was fraudulent and I spelled out the reasons. There is no way you could "keep Rossi in the dark" about this. He has enough technical knowledge to know that a 1 MW heat release would kill everyone in the room. That is why he later pretended there was an invisible heat exchanger in the building. He knew that using a flowmeter that registers to the nearest ton in a half empty pipe is absurd. That's why he did it. That is why he removed the other instruments. He wasn't fooling anyone. I.H. told him repeatedly it wasn't working. They told me that. They didn't need to tell Woodford; all they had to do was show him the data.

Anyone with a high-school level of knowledge would instantly see it was bogus. If you do not see that, it is because you refuse to look at the Penon report and the Murray letter, or because you do not have high-school level knowledge.

• Levi and Penon participated in the con - proof is in hand.

It was clear to me that Penon either participated or he was exceptionally stupid. I could not tell which. But I am sorry to hear that Levi participated. I do not know what evidence of that you might have, but I am sure you would not say so without evidence. That's depressing. I guess it explains a lot of what happened.

• With the low pressure head (less than 2 bars) the pumps could do that. See my experiments.

Alan. We disagree on the results of your experiments. It seems that in the final 4 months of the Doral test there were only 18 pumps left to handle the entire 36000 L per day. That is 83 L/hour and I don't recall you ever reaching that number.

• It was clear to me that Penon either participated or he was exceptionally stupid. I could not tell which. But I am sorry to hear that Levi participated. I do not know what evidence of that you might have, but I am sure you would not say so without evidence. That's depressing. I guess it explains a lot of what happened.

The various individuals associated with Rossi are almost mythical figures. Take Levi, for example. Rossi supporters speak of him as though he was a distinguished scientist with a long and impressive track record. There is actually no evidence of this. The information about him online is underwhelming to say the least. What has he done to distinguish himself apart from his role in the Rossi saga? What is the truth about him? Who knows? Maybe he's a genius; maybe he's an idiot. If you are a Rossi fan, he is a pillar of science. If you are a Rossi detractor, he is a co-conspirator. In either case, it is nearly worthless hearsay.

We would have never heard of any these people if it were not for Rossi and we actually know pretty much nothing about them other than in the context of the Rossi saga. Meanwhile, people continue to name drop Levi, Penon, Fabiani and others as though these were individuals with well-established reputations whose opinions carry lots of weight. Argument from authority minus any actual authority. Other than in the Rossi microcosm, they have virtually no reputation. Does that make them idiots? No, but it sure doesn't make them geniuses either. Another curious element of this silly story.

• But I am sorry to hear that Levi participated. I do not know what evidence of that you might have, but I am sure you would not say so without evidence. That's depressing. I guess it explains a lot of what happened.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he was asserting such a thing without a shred of evidence. As things stand now, where there is no external evidence of which you're aware , we are forced to rely upon his character to move forward inductively on this point of inquiry. You and I have opposing viewpoints on the level of his character, and in fact, without any public information available to support his contention, it actually qualifies as libel and Levi could sue him. Not very likely but this is the sort of thing that comes up now & again on these boards.

• The various individuals associated with Rossi are almost mythical figures. Take Levi, for example. Rossi supporters speak of him as though he was a distinguished scientist with a long and impressive track record. There is actually no evidence of this. The information about him online is underwhelming to say the least. What has he done to distinguish himself apart from his role in the Rossi saga? What is the truth about him? Who knows? Maybe he's a genius; maybe he's an idiot. If you are a Rossi fan, he is a pillar of science. If you are a Rossi detractor, he is a co-conspirator. In either case, it is nearly worthless hearsay.

We would have never heard of any these people if it were not for Rossi and we actually know pretty much nothing about them other than in the context of the Rossi saga. Meanwhile, people continue to name drop Levi, Penon, Fabiani and others as though these were individuals with well-established reputations whose opinions carry lots of weight. Argument from authority minus any actual authority. Other than in the Rossi microcosm, they have virtually no reputation. Does that make them idiots? No, but it sure doesn't make them geniuses either. Another curious element of this silly story.

Well, there was Focardi and Celani. They had high reps in the LENR community. Levi was a relatively undistinguished physics professor, which is probably a status attained higher than most of us inquiring into this field. At least one of the Swedes had a good reputation in the Swedish Skeptics Society, and the others seemed pretty legit.

There are some people in this sordid story who had strong reputations. That kinda knocks down your argument.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.