Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

• That has been the argument for those who think Rossi has something. Why did he fight so hard to regain full control of IP that does not work?

On the other hand; why did he abandone that very same Doral IP immediately after the settlement? For good measure, he disassembled the 1MW plant, put the empty container outside in the parking lot, then vacated the warehouse....all before Lewan interviewed him. Told us the customers did not want it anymore, which was a surprise to Engineer48, who had 3 lined up ready to buy.

Because those MW plants were a nightmare to operate. It obviously took about 1 Rossi operator per plant to keep them running (more or less on intuition). It was simply not a scalable solution.

• That has been the argument for those who think Rossi has something. Why did he fight so hard to regain full control of IP that does not work?

On the other hand; why did he abandone that very same Doral IP immediately after the settlement? For good measure, he disassembled the 1MW plant, put the empty container outside in the parking lot, then vacated the warehouse....all before Lewan interviewed him. Told us the customers did not want it anymore, which was a surprise to Engineer48, who had 3 lined up ready to buy.

Rossi must fight for the IP. It is the only thing that keeps the Rossi story going. It is secret, and only Rossi is smart enough to apply the IP to any system he tries, and make it work. Any and all physical proof of the operability or inoperability of his IP must be destroyed. All obsolete devices must be destroyed. As much data as possible characterizing the IP must be destroyed, or even better, never recorded. All records of fuel recipes must be destroyed. All objects that contain or once contained the fuel must be destroyed. The IP is what makes Rossi Special, and proves that he is smarter than anyone else, deserving of adulation by the whole world. Even if the IP is a fantasy, because even then Rossi has fooled almost the entire world, showing what a genius he is and how much smarter he is than even respected, lettered physicists and doctors. Plus it keeps the bills paid, selling nothing tangible in regards to IP, renting out dreams, and collecting some real cash every now and then.

• Why do you even bother to post anything when you do not even bother to read the comment you're quoting?

I was not talking about any patents. I was talking about the license agreement and what i was supposed to cover regarding E-Cat IP (and all possible derivatives) in an unlimited? future. But I guess it is not in your interest to understand that aspect of the story.

I'm sorry, this is weird. You were talking about value. that equals eitehr patents or some valuable industrial secret. The latter could only be those e-cats IH was playing with, none of which worked, or the Doral e-cats (different) which equally did not work.

In addition to Darden's sworn testimony and physical evidence as documented in Discovery, we have the unanswerable fact that in the time since he reclaimed this IP Rossi has ditched it.

I'd be happy for you to contradict this by showing some activity related to Rossi's old and rusty devices?

He did not - he fought so hard to get his $100M. When it was clear that would not happen (or at least the risks of being convicted of perjury balanced that) he gave up.

• Rossi must fight for the IP. It is the only thing that keeps the Rossi story going. It is secret, and only Rossi is smart enough to apply the IP to any system he tries, and make it work. Any and all physical proof of the operability or inoperability of his IP must be destroyed. All obsolete devices must be destroyed. As much data as possible characterizing the IP must be destroyed, or even better, never recorded. All records of fuel recipes must be destroyed. All objects that contain or once contained the fuel must be destroyed. The IP is what makes Rossi Special, and proves that he is smarter than anyone else, deserving of adulation by the whole world. Even if the IP is a fantasy, because even then Rossi has fooled almost the entire world, showing what a genius he is and how much smarter he is than even respected, lettered physicists and doctors. Plus it keeps the bills paid, selling nothing tangible in regards to IP, renting out dreams, and collecting some real cash every now and then.

... please have a glass of water para and relax for a second - you're having one of those seizures again ... :D

I have no clue what you are worrying so much about. If there is no IP (as you believe in such a violent manner), Rossi will of course never sell a single kWh of heat. So you will be absolutely safe... If on the other hand; if there is viable IP there are also viable explanations for the actions he have taken to protect it. And you will still be safe - maybe even better off, unless of course you are somehow invested in something that will not benefit from cheaper energy... ?

btw. if it was the cash, why would he even bother to be active? IH paid him $11M already - should be enough for a relatively comfortable retirement?

• He did not - he fought so hard to get his $100M. When it was clear that would not happen (or at least the risks of being convicted of perjury balanced that) he gave up.

BS

It was most probably IH who accepted the settlement at the last second. They were gaming on Rossi pulling out earlier but he didn't - so in the end they had to accept giving all IP back.

Even if the IP is a fantasy, because even then Rossi has fooled almost the entire world, showing what a genius he is and how much smarter he is than even respected, lettered physicists and doctors.

Seriously? Rossi is a third rate con man. His "genius" consists of cobbling junk together and persuading extremely desirous people with defective critical thinking abilities that it is some sort of advanced fusion reactor. What is surprising is that doing this is not more difficult! Rossi isn't clever. He's lucky. And conscienceless. Just ask all those children with cancer he was going to help, why their help consists of Rossi buying up Florida condos.

That Rossi fooled "respected... physicists..." is due to their gullibility and lack of appropriate suspicion when something is too good to be true. There is nothing genius about assembling rusty crap and cheap plastic fittings with crude tools and foisting this non-working sh*t as the current century's most advanced scientific achievement. As long as scientists want so badly for something to be true that they neglect standards of practice (requiring calibration and blank runs and independent verification by real critical experts) then they will be exploited and cheated by people like Rossi.

They were gaming on Rossi pulling out earlier but he didn't - so in the end they had to accept giving all IP back.

IH had no use for Rossi's purported but non-existent "IP" because they had demonstrated that Rossi had nothing and they had suffered his lies, and faking and cheating and bad temper for almost a year. It wasn't smart but at least they gave it a good try. Rossi has systematically shafted every person and organization and government he has ever dealt with.

The question of why he is not currently prosecuted came up. It's because it would be too difficult to assemble all the experts and victims necessary to do it compared to all the cases of violent crimes and larger cons and frauds that investigators and prosecutors have to deal with. The apparent violations of permit and license laws are another matter and that is being actively pursued by several parties as is action against some professors who have incorporated Rossi claims as part of classes. Whether or not this pursuit will bear fruit will not be known for years. I for one, would like to see the old criminal back in prison. But I am not willing to work hard or spend money to see it done. I am pretty sure most of his victims would rather just forget it happened.

• I'm sorry, this is weird. You were talking about value. that equals eitehr patents or some valuable industrial secret. The latter could only be those e-cats IH was playing with, none of which worked, or the Doral e-cats (different) which equally did not work.

In addition to Darden's sworn testimony and physical evidence as documented in Discovery, we have the unanswerable fact that in the time since he reclaimed this IP Rossi has ditched it.

I'd be happy for you to contradict this by showing some activity related to Rossi's old and rusty devices?

Ehh? What? Are you not listening? I was talking about Rossi valueing the ECAT IP - as defined in the license agreement with IH (including infinite derivatives). Did you bother to read it or am I maybe arguing with the outskirts of some random AI? Do you grok §13.4 of the license agreement? What does it mean to you, for example regarding (a hyphotetical) ECatSK?

• Well he hasn't fooled me or anyone else with a grain of common sense - makes him a very intelligent totally amoral con artist, and that is all - maybe he didn't set out to be this way when he started petroldragon in the 1980's, you know all the green creds and ideology but its as time went on he realised how easily people could be conned into believing his ideas. Must have made a career decision in jail to exploit EVERY new opportunity to scam his way to fame and fortune, a very fertile domain of naive marks in cold fusion to take advantage of in the US......yes he's been remarkably successful, without a doubt. But go through his most recent paper, its more of an advert for Rossi inc than anything else, as I've said before it really does look like an Hg vapor or deuterium lamp generating the idiotic SK ballerina, nothing adds up as usual, the spectrum is in the U/V whilst the camera is seeing visible light/ the reactor dimensions are too small to deliver 20kW heat energy without melting/again where's the heat exchanger/0.25V could not ignite a plasma (unless it was a low pressure light bulb)./ Tis but a comedy of errors and the whole story would make a really good Amazon Original with the right script (maybe with John Cleese or Kermit the Frog as AR).

• He did not - he fought so hard to get his $100M. When it was clear that would not happen (or at least the risks of being convicted of perjury balanced that) he gave up.

There you go again, with that "risk of perjury" nonsense. PICK Up the PHONE if you're so convinced of perjury. Conversely, the same invalid argument from silence can be applied from the other side: That Industrial Heat/Darden settled the lawsuit and gave back all the IP (basically getting NOTHING) because THEY were worried about going to jail for perjury. But you don't see us running for the phone to reinforce our hyperbolic arguments, do ya?

• Wow. Do you actually have the authority to speak for EVERYONE with a "grain of common sense"? Please show me, because that is a really interesting position to have... Or are you only suffering from a small grain of hubris?

It's just standard Rossi Derangement Syndrome (RDS) standard Hyperbolic Vehemence. The problem is that the RDS folks are in the same crowd as the anti-LENR luddites yelling the same mottos and holding the same pitchforks.

Then please explain how he bamboozled Focardi, Celani, and the Swedes.

That is the multi-million dollar question, isn't it? Focardi was old, extremely ill, and desperately wanted his belief that LENR was real to be borne out. He was the ripest possible fruit for Rossi to pluck and the most cynical one to exploit. I don't know what Celani and the Swedes now have to say about Rossi. They won't allow appropriate interviewers to talk to them and for the most part say nothing. I would love for Levi especially to explain his current thoughts about Rossi. But victims of cons are usually so embarrassed that they do not wish to talk about it. Best guess is that Levi and the Swedes were very gullible. None of them applied best practices of investigating and exploring claims to Rossi and his idiotic devices.

I'd have much more to say about Levi and Lewan but in deference to the Forum hosts who seem singularly sensitive to criticism of these two individuals, I'll skip it.

Like JedRothwell noted, now, the current crop of Rossi claims is a Nigerian style lowest denominator scheme seeking only the dumbest and most gullible possible investors. And Rossi may yet find one. It only takes one who has more money than brains and wants Rossi's claims to be real badly enough.

• The question of why he is not currently prosecuted came up. It's because it would be too difficult to assemble all the experts and victims necessary to do it compared to all the cases of violent crimes and larger cons and frauds that investigators and prosecutors have to deal with.

***And THAT "difficulty" also came up on another thread. Someone went to the trouble to check out the Florida Fraud dept. or somesuch, and they found that there were only maybe 2 or 3 cases that rose to the level of millions of dollars, and it put Rossi's case at the very top or nearly the very top. All the experts and victims testified in Rossi v. Darden so the info is there for any lazy prosecutor to casually pick up.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.