LENR Future Hopeless Until Looking for Heat 2.0 Emerges

• If an LENR project is open source at the start it should stay open source

MFMP talked open source.

Open source is (was) trendy in software.

but many who do (did) open source software

have (had) alternative means for food and shelter...

but recently IT salaries are not so generous

LENR research and D costs so much more than software development

It is not just time on a keyboard.

Which LENR project is open source now??

• there is actually a lot of information in there

This information has been obtained at a cost.

This cost should not be taken lightly

People still have to put bread on the table

and their time is limited unlike atomic time.

Anyone competent out there who can help

Wyttenbach with

putting info on the table?

Of course for those who eat the Standard Model

this stuff is unpalatable.

I was just looking at all the gamma states for Pd102.

wow! there are over 140

That's just one isotopes. how many isotopes are

there from Silicon to Palladium?

• Director, can you elaborate a bit on your world view? As far as I can tell, you believe that most if not all of the so-called commerical LENR claimants really have working high-power devices that can be commercialized but are not doing so because of “inventor’s syndrome”, paranoia, or other pathological behavior. You contend that the only solution is replication. So basically you are saying that none of the people who know how to build these things will do so and that what is needed is for other people to build them and then all will be well? Is that the deal?

• I personally think that all LENR researchers have a moral duty to share their know how

Would you include Goodenough in this...because he has not shared his knowhow

a patent äpplication does not equal knowhow

According to a part of the doctrine, the know-how is the instrument safeguarding the practical knowledge integrating and accompanying the patent. Patenting represents an arrival point for research only after tests, analysis, investigation with results that may fall into the definition of secret information. Therefore, a patent application could exclude data, information and details that could excessively limit the patent’s sphere of protection from the claims and from the drawings related to the invention. These data and pieces of information could be kept secret and act an important role in realizing the invention.

Otherwise China would be making Goodenough batteries right now.. or lithium rotators.

There is no knowhow in this patent

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2018/0247719.html

• Director, can you elaborate a bit on your world view? As far as I can tell, you believe that most if not all of the so-called commerical LENR claimants really have working high-power devices that can be commercialized but are not doing so because of “inventor’s syndrome”, paranoia, or other pathological behavior. You contend that the only solution is replication. So basically you are saying that none of the people who know how to build these things will do so and that what is needed is for other people to build them and then all will be well? Is that the deal?

The deal is that there are probably multiple groups working in absolute secret on LENR technology and some of them may have high powered systems. However, whether or not they will bring a product to the market or hand over their technology to the black world is unknown.

I also believe that there are a few parties that right now have high powered systems, but they are not going to be able to bring their technology to the market because of their extreme secrecy and paranoid behavior. One of these individuals is Andrea Rossi and another is me356.

There are a bunch of LENR companies and individuals that are achieving modest results such as a few Japanese researchers, a few Russian researchers, and Brillouin. But I don't see any of them having a big breakthrough anytime soon. The problem is that they don't have the drive and obsessive compulsive mindset to advance their technology to the next level. Also, when it comes to Brillouin and others that are still using powder based systems, I think they need to either switch over to almost pure plasma based systems (perhaps nano particles from electrodes) or powder based systems with electromagnetic stimulation. Sticking with the same methods of working with powder or wire isn't going to achieve fantastic results.

Bright Light Power is an interesting case, but I'm very upset that they don't admit to the truth that their technology is related to LENR. I think that if they would switch to a pure plasma system and achieve a resonance condition they could cut off their hydrogen supply and the reaction would keep going.

When it comes to the Atom Ecology approach, I'm fascinated that it seems so relatively easy to slop together a large number of different elements, hydrogenate them in deuterium, put them into a reactor, and produce excess heat. I can't help but wonder how well the technology would work if the fuel was placed in a conical resonator with an antenna that could be fed with RF to produce copious atomic hydrogen in the atmosphere. I expect the excess heat level would go through the roof. But since I don't expect them to ever release a paper detailing a build with all the information required for another group to replicate, I don't expect anyone to try to reproduce their results.

• After the fake news calls if fake and thoroughly degrades any sensible study down to mythological or your a crackpot just for looking at it, patent prior art is starting to match the work being done, they did not hide the work. created by the same tech we are looking for but its just to high a reach. most are not willing to look after years of..."don't look here" because it will make you a crackpot;

If you recognize the volcano you may also recognize much of the work all over the site starting to merge within "some"of the 1800 other silhouettes

Its all art mixed with multiple artists with multiple agendas. Some have much to say then others.

• The deal is that there are probably multiple groups working in absolute secret on LENR technology and some of them may have high powered systems.

If they are working in absolute secrecy, then you cannot possibly know anything about them. Why do you think they exist? They would be invisible to you, by definition. Perhaps you mean they are working in semi-permeable secrecy and from time to time rumors get out. I have heard such rumors over the years. In my experience, they turn out to be:

1. False.

2. True, but the projects are not actually secret.

3. Somewhat true, but the gadget does not work.

#3 is common because when people do research in secret, they do not have experts checking their work, or independent verification, or replication, so they do not catch mistakes. That was described in the book "Bad Blood."

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Blo…r_1_1?hvadid=267709549364

• Recently, IO and I were challenged to provide some facts. This is a preamble to a fact perhaps. This fact: Bill and Melinda Gates are very open about the work they fund, both through the B&MG Foundation and some other groups they participate in. Gates also funds some research as an individual. Here is the fact I want to try: while Gates gives money for many technologies, including alternative nuclear fusion methods, there is no mention of LENR/cold fusion at all. I looked in many places. You can also search a huge data base of projects large and small (from a few thousand dollars to several millions). So my "fact" is in the alternative. I am not debating that it is possible (but not certain) that Gates is supporting some sort of LENR research. But if he is, he does not think it important enough to mention in his encyclopedic list and descriptions of projects. Note that Gates has said that neither he not the foundation support anything political or secret. That LENR is not mentioned but another fusion technology and many energy research projects are, should be telling.

I got the idea of searching this out after seeing an interview on Late Night with Stephen Colbert a few days ago in which Bill and Melinda Gates talked to Stephen about 10 minutes and never mentioned cold fusion or LENR. If they think it has potential, I found that strange. So have at it. Maybe I missed it and they write about it somewhere. God knows, they and their staff write about thousands of projects worth billions of support dollars each year. Can you find a mention?

The Colbert Interview: https://www.thedailybeast.com/…naires-to-stephen-colbert

Searchable List of all awarded grants by the B&MG Foundation: https://www.gatesfoundation.or…ck-Links/Grants-Database#

Awarded grants search for LENR: https://www.gatesfoundation.or…/Grants-Database#q/k=lenr

Introductory letter: https://www.gatesfoundation.or…om-Bill-and-Melinda-Gates

2019 Annual Letter (no mention of LENR):

https://www.gatesnotes.com/2019-Annual-Letter

Annual letters year by year (suggest you examine 2017 and 2018 at least):

https://www.gatesfoundation.or…Media/Annual-Letters-List

Breakthrough Energy Organization (BTE, Gates instigated and supported energy research coalition):

http://www.b-t.energy/ventures/our-investment-portfolio/

CFS (Commonwealth Fusion Systems) Web Site -- the fusion research Gates for sure supports (a hot fusion variant):

https://www.cfs.energy/

So based on the above links and facts, how seriously does Gates take LENR and how successful has his sponsored work been if he is actually sponsoring some?

And don't bother with the paranoid BS about secrets. Gates doesn't care. He doesn't need more money. He says it in interviews and anyway he's too rich to worry about just about anything except death. He wants to do a lot lot of philanthropy before he dies.

• I have no idea. Maybe 5? 2? Maybe he doesn't think much about it at all? I think he has a healthy curiosity and a few million dollars donated isn't a big deal as long as it is not given to crooks. And that is relevant only if he has actually given and it is not simply the illusion of a few enthusiasts based on a few scratches of ink on a largely redacted signature.

"According to the latest World malaria report, released in November 2018, there were 219 million cases ofmalaria in 2017, up from 217 million cases in 2016. The estimated number of malaria deaths stood at 435 000 in 2017."

• You misunderstood. Read it again. Gates doesn't care about secrets. I doubt he cares about possible profits. His job is no longer to make money. It's to spend it wisely. And don't forget Warren Buffett gave and/or pledged most of his immense wealth to the Gates Foundation as well. I have no idea how Gates feels about LENR. But is reasonable from the evidence I posted that he doesn't consider it important. If he did, he would have spent much much more on it and also would have featured it in his letters and reports. Remember that doing away with fossil fuels to decrease global warming is a major Gates priority. He and Melinda say that often in interviews.

• Official Post

Gates also funds some research as an individual. Here is the fact I want to try: while Gates gives money for many technologies, including alternative nuclear fusion methods, there is no mention of LENR/cold fusion at all.

In the court records, IH mentions to Woodford Capital that Gates invested $5-6 million in Robert Duncan's Texas Tech/Seashore Research LENR project. In a recent interview Robert Godes (BEC) commented that Gates had invested lots of money in Texas Tech LENR. Then we have the blocked out signature on the Texas Tech funding agreement with Duncan, that is an exact match with Bill Gates signatature.

I would say Gates has invested in LENR.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.