According to the latest World malaria report, released in November 2018, there were 219 million cases ofmalaria in 2017, up from 217 million cases in 2016. The estimated number of malaria deaths stood at 435 000 in 2017
OK Lets ramble..on
Rather than read the juicy death stats read the whole report
Total funding for malaria control and elimination reached an estimated US$ 3.1 billion in 2017.
Contributions from governments of endemic countries amounted to US$ 900 million,
representing 28% of total funding.
The WHO Global Technical Strategy for Malaria 2016-2030 – adopted by the World Health Assembly in May 2015
– provides a technical framework for all malaria-endemic countries.
It is intended to guide and support regional and country programmes as they work towards malaria control and elimination.
The Strategy sets ambitious but achievable global targets, including:
- Reducing malaria case incidence by at least 90% by 2030.
- Reducing malaria mortality rates by at least 90% by 2030.
- Eliminating malaria in at least 35 countries by 2030.
- Preventing a resurgence of malaria in all countries that are malaria-free.
Perhaps SOT can help with this global target