LENR Future Hopeless Until Looking for Heat 2.0 Emerges

• According to the latest World malaria report, released in November 2018, there were 219 million cases ofmalaria in 2017, up from 217 million cases in 2016. The estimated number of malaria deaths stood at 435 000 in 2017

OK Lets ramble..on

Rather than read the juicy death stats read the whole report

Total funding for malaria control and elimination reached an estimated US$ 3.1 billion in 2017.

Contributions from governments of endemic countries amounted to US$ 900 million,

representing 28% of total funding.

The WHO Global Technical Strategy for Malaria 2016-2030adopted by the World Health Assembly in May 2015

– provides a technical framework for all malaria-endemic countries.

It is intended to guide and support regional and country programmes as they work towards malaria control and elimination.

The Strategy sets ambitious but achievable global targets, including:

• Reducing malaria case incidence by at least 90% by 2030.
    • Reducing malaria mortality rates by at least 90% by 2030.
    • Eliminating malaria in at least 35 countries by 2030.
    • Preventing a resurgence of malaria in all countries that are malaria-free.

Perhaps SOT can help with this global target

I would say Gates has invested in LENR.

Maybe so. In which case, he thinks so little of the results thus far that they are not even mentioned in his extensive, comprehensive and voluminous reports and letters detailing all his projects and humanitarian investments and grants. Or, like I said, maybe I missed it somewhere amidst the other billions of dollars he spent and you can find it. That's certainly possible.

You can Google "Texas Tech" and "Bill Gates" and all you get in returns is the usual suspects (LENR fan sites). But it's not hard to find other projects at Texas Tech that Gates or his foundation fund, even something as obscure as this:

"The Health Sciences Center at Texas Tech University has announced a two-year, $2.85 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in support of efforts to develop an effective vaccine for schistosomiasis."

https://philanthropynewsdigest…r-schistosomiasis-vaccine

My point was simply that if Gates thought there was much of a chance LENR would work, he'd mention it somewhere! Anywhere! Why isn't there a corresponding news blurb about a grant to Texas Tech or whoever for the LENR grant?

robert bryant Perhaps you can help demonstrate that LENR is viable and that Gates is very interested in it. Sure you can.

• Shane D. trusts Godes on this. That's sort of funny. I'd rather trust Gates about it but he doesn't seem to be on record except for a squiggle behind the black redacting overlay on a letter.

AlainCo a year ago wrote this:

I don't think ho des anything with BrLP/Mills and his hydrinos. He have accepted to be photographed with Vitorio Violante the coordinator of LENR reserch at ENEA (the DoE of Italy). http://www.univrmagazine.it/20…ble-economic-development/ http://www.univrmagazine.it/20…a-federico-testa-in-enea/ Violante is the author of some LENR articles and evens in EU http://ec.europa.eu/research/i…g-materials-report_en.pdf http://www.enea.it/it/Ufficio-…-renewable-energy-source/

Bill gates is also a discrete funder of Seashore Research, led by Robert Duncan under the patronage of TTU. https://thenewfire.wordpress.c…ersity-with-us-6-million/ Robert V Duncan at TTU: 5Mn$ for hydride research in "Seashore research LLC"

I won't say he is enthusiast on LENR, or at least he choose to be very discrete, but he invest some modest but valuable assets (money, time, reputation) on it.

Why would Bill Gates be discrete[sic] about LENR? He's hardly discreet about his other philanthropic grants to improve sources of energy. Squiggle:

Robert V Duncan at TTU: 5Mn$ for hydride research in "Seashore research LLC"

Gates is certainly not shy about his massive investments in alternative energy technologies including fusion, hot fusion as it be:

Commonwealth Fusion Systems: A firm working on a nuclear-fusion reactor that uses high-temperature superconductors and aims to be the first fusion system to produce net-positive energy. (Read more about CFS in this Quartz feature.)

https://qz.com/1402301/bill-ga…-fighting-climate-change/

I'd say you may want better evidence than a squiggle on top of a huge black bar in a redacted paper. Why doesn't someone who knows him ask Duncan? It can't be a secret. Gates doesn't do secret technological grants and he declines to make grants to government or military entities. Read my earlier links. You guys do read, don't you. Of course, I never do. I got the above via emotional/intellectual osmosis.

• Official Post

Maybe so. In which case, he thinks so little of the results thus far that they are not even mentioned in his extensive, comprehensive and voluminous reports and letters detailing all his projects and humanitarian investments and grants. Or, like I said, maybe I missed it somewhere amidst the other billions of dollars he spent and you can find it. That's certainly possible.

He cared enough about LENR to visit Violante at ENEA in Italy, accompanied by his science advisor. It was after that he funded Duncan at Texas Tech.

Then we have Carl Page, who is a member of Brillouin's Advisory Board, and has written several articles supportive of LENR. He is active behind the scenes. "Google"...his brothers company, recently filed an LENR related patent application.

• He cared enough about LENR to visit Violante at ENEA in Italy, accompanied by his science advisor. It was after that that the usual suspects claimed he funded Duncan at Texas Tech.

TIFIFY

BTW: did ENEA or anyone Gates visited there get a grant? From the Foundation or the billion dollar special energy cooperative fund?

• So despite all the evidence, including a rather obvious and badly-hidden signature, SOT is still skeptical that Bill Gates has funded LENR research.

That figures. It is a pathology of his after all...

And then he wonders why Gates might not want to deal with the media furore that would surely ensue from being associated what the uninformed masses consider to be a pseudoscience.

Just one more item on the increasingly long* list of things SOT doesn’t understand, I guess.

Poor chap.

* Which so far includes: Flow calorimeters, Graphs, Email, and Footnotes. Oh dear.

• Like this one?

From How many times has the Pons-Fleischmann Anomalous Heating Event been replicated in peer reviewed journals? :

But here is my larger point. Somewhere out there, someone may have a coherent set of arguments and facts that call into question the results from Flieschmann, Miles, McKubre, Srinivasan, Lonchampt, Storms, Will, Bockris and the other major results. Say, the top 50 studies. Someone may know good reasons to reject all of these claims. Or they may have reasons to reject one of them, leaving the others intact. HOWEVER, I have not heard from this person. He or she has not published a paper. So I have no way of knowing what this person thinks, or why he rejects the claims. I cannot guess, and I have never read a critique from anyone address any of these claims. (Except Morrison and Shanahan!)

It would appear you're calling out Jed for using the fallacious argument from silence combined with a fallacious appeal to authority. The thing is, the top ~100 or so electrochemists WOULD BE a proper authority to appeal to, for ELECTROCHEMISTRY. And if he's arguing from silence, then go ahead and correct the record. Show us where these papers are published that refute those 153 peer reviewed P&FAHE replications.

• I know someone who is no longer interested in alternative energy technologies who already had probably most of all the equipment required (electronics and fabrication) and who previously spent months of his own time working on another alternative energy technology (without success) who could build and test one of these systems in no time flat. If you go the super formal route and formally hire folks (which sadly is often required because there aren't many volunteers in this world), buy all the equipment (because you had none to start off with), paid for various parts to be fabricated, and so forth the price could be high. However, I think the right team of volunteers would not need to spend anywhere near the figures you provide for a QX/SK replication. I still will stick to my previous statement that if someone already had access to a lab, would donate their labor for free, had some of the high dollar equipment (oscilloscopes), was skilled enough to perform fabrication on their own, and so forth, the cost would be minimal - depending on how long their project continued and how much money they spent making alterations.

I sense a new meme being portrayed by those who claim to support LENR that the cost for proper research is extremely high and hence the absolute requirement to gain access to relatively large quantities of research funding. Depending on the scale of the project, what must be purchased from the start, and if people are going to be formally hired, a significant quantity of funding could be required. But a lot of LENR research over the last thirty years has been performed on a shoe string budget. Moreover, I've seen people online build amazing, highly sophisticated non-LENR devices (such as powerful Tesla coils and even more sophisticated pieces of equipment such as SEMs) in tiny spaces. Really neat stuff can be done relatively cheaply - especially if you have one or more volunteers who are obsessive compulsive about a project.

What you're describing is a reinvention of the wheel known as MFMP. MFMP got REAL close when they detected gamma rays.

http://www.quantumheat.org/ind…follow/follow-2/347-gamma

But the guy who was doing the experiment lost his job, lost his access to equipment, took his own toys and went home. MFMP never followed up. Just left the whole thing sitting there , hanging. Such is the way of dealing with volunteers.

Alan claims to have a LENR;experiment right now that is emitting gamma rays, he's inviting anyone with a gamma ray detector to come on over and test it. How difficult is it to put up a GoFundMe account or some other IndieGoGo type of crowdfunding to fund a researcher by providing the gamma ray detector, a few cameras, and pay him to write a report and submit it to peer review. Then do the exact same thing with 2 or 3 more people, and look for other experiments this would apply to. I'm sure MFMP would be thrilled. We're at the threshold of breakout if we do this.

• Cold Fusion is 25 ORDERS of MAGNITUDE better bang for the buck than Controlled Hot Fusion (CHF). -----------------------------------------------------

https://www.mail-archive.com/v…@eskimo.com/msg90393.html

Re: [Vo]:Asked & Answered

Kevin O'Malley Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:24:59 -0800

Code
    I need to update these figures.  I realized I have been comparing OverUnity
    Apples to UnderUnity Oranges.  Up until this week, Controlled Hot Fusion
    (CHF) experiments haven't even broken overunity, let alone ignition.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.