The Trillion Dollar Concept: Negative Differential Resistance

• So what are the components of an LENR fuel in a system utilizing a NR.

- Hydrogen or deuterium would seem to be required.

- Argon or perhaps other noble gases could act as catalysts, help form EVOs, etc.

- Lithium could act directly as a fuel via multiple processes.

- Metal nano-particles from the cathode could undergo nuclear reactions.

- In the BLP system, isolated water molecules are catalytic.

• By the way, I found a talk by Randell Mills in which he explains the exact mechanism that enhances the rate of hydrino formation. He doesn't use the term, "negative resistance" but he speaks of how an arc discharge's current can go up as the voltage goes down. I really think that even if someone did not want to do an exact replication of the QX or SK and achieve an ideal resonance condition, some excess energy could be measured by simply pulsing an LENR fuel mixture through the negative resistance zone. For example, I wonder if Ken Shoulder's would have achieved better results if he had attempted to produce EVOs in a mixture of hydrogen, argon, and while somehow adding lithium.

• I have a lot to talk about in this post.

First, I'd like to say that I'm more pessimistic than ever about the future of LENR. Repeatedly, I notice that the most creative individuals who come up with unique ideas are also the most difficult to interact with. No one is a perfect person; however, it seems like having a high powered LENR technology can make just about anyone go power mad. All of a sudden, they think they are far more significant and important than others around them, they must have absolute and total control over every issue, and they have the authority to order others around. I'm realizing that inventor's syndrome has even more symptoms than I thought. Every single time someone comes up with a revolutionary technology, they catch this disease.

Secondly, I still think a negative differential resistance and the formation of a plasmoid with a double layer is critical to high powered plasma based LENR. If we had more teams doing OPEN LENR research, this would be very good news, because there are so many different configurations and fuel combinations to experiment with. And, unlike most forms of powder based LENR, I think the chance of producing some degree of excess heat is significantly higher. Then a ton of parameters can be adjusted to maximize the effect. The most important, of course, would be the production of a highly resonant condition producing ion acoustic waves. I think it would be fascinating to have such a system in which you could change the distance between the electrodes, the shape of the electrodes, the gas pressure, the resistance/capacitance of your circuit, etc.

Thirdly, I sure wish BLP would drop their purely political position that LENR is a fantasy and hydrinos have nothing to do with cold fusion. The truth is that I think altered forms of hydrogen are vitally important to LENR, and the Suncell could likely be modified so that it could produce sustained excess heat without a constant input of hydrogen. Instead of molten metal, I would suggest they build a more QX/SK type device that utilizes a mixture of hydrino catalysts in a pure plasma discharge (except perhaps for nano-particles produced when their electrodes are sputtered) maintained at high resonance in the negative resistance regime. I believe they could jump ahead and become the leaders of the entire field.

• I have recently read that mercury can have properties similar to a noble gas. In addition to tests with hydrogen, lithium, and argon, I'd really like to see a test with hydrogen and the isotope of mercury 199Hg. My guess is that using this isotope, which has an identical integer spin and magnetic moment, would produce an extremely stable macro-EVO that could produce very stunning effects.

By the way, I'd just like to state that I still think the negative resistance regime and all the effects it can produce is a trillion dollar concept.

This is the pathway to get to the root of LENR, extract energy from the vacuum, and travel to the stars.

• Official Post

As much as I dislike to acknowledge, I have to admit I have begun to find certain merit to the idea that we have been looking at LENR from the wrong perspective. I explained a sort of realization I had today after some days of reading published stuff regarding cavitation and nuclear reactions, in the light of what Ohmasa alleges he can do.

• One would think that if cavitation produced nuclear reactions that pumps everywhere would be radioactive, eh?

Thats exactly what happens. Swiss researchers did publish a report about their finding (radioactive Iron to much, 57-Fe) in high pressure (100psi+) turbines cavities they later had to retract due to a request by US military.

• Official Post

One would think that if cavitation produced nuclear reactions that pumps everywhere would be radioactive, eh?

That’s precisely the biggest mistake we have been making all this time. We still think it requires brute force to smash nuclei together, when you realize this, observed and brushed away as “impossible” begin to make a lot of sense, as Ohmasa’s transmutations that are completely radiationless and heatless, and can even reduce tritium radiation to 1/16th in 25 hours. Believe me, a week ago I brushed all of this as nonsense and now I am rethinking my position. I had refused to look through the telescope and decided to give it a chance and it was a huge realization.

• Official Post

Look at the work of Nanospire. They have produced nuclear reactions and a broad array of anomalies.

http://www.waterjournal.org/up…l5/supplement/LeClair.pdf

I’m sticking to academic reports of cavitation related transmutation, commercial endeavors don’t report methodology for obvious reasons. I have found few but nevertheless interesting. This is what made me realize that the expectancy of radiation and neutrons is what derails this research, in fact they specifically wonder why they are observing the unambiguous transmutation without the expected neutrons and radiation that “should be detected”. This is key!

• The EVO phenomena is ubiquitous. I'd suggest it's involved in virtually every LENR process. The best way to isolate it in my opinion is to build a device to produce a macro-scale EVO that may either be considered one giant EVO or a vortex of trillions of EVOs. This is what Rossi, Black Light Power, Correa, and others have done.

If we want to get to the root of all LENR phenomena, we need to build systems that utilize the negative resistance regime to produce these macro-EVOs. There are many other types of systems that will produce anomalies, but this type of system will have the highest performance and show the most anomalies.

- Inducing LENR reactions.

- Tapping zero point energy.

- Producing transmutations and isotopic shifts.

- Producing longitudinal waves.

- Spraying out strange radiation.

Those are only some of the first anomalies that I expect will be seen.

Look at the work of Nanospire. They have produced nuclear reactions and a broad array of anomalies.

No. They have claimed to have done so. Far as I know, they have accomplished nothing worthwhile in LENR at all. Claims are not accomplishments else Rossi would be very accomplished in something other than conning people.

• I am settling for the time being on proving unambiguously and incontrovertibly that unexpected things can be reproduced at will (Mizuno, Ohmasa). Only through that proof one can expect interest to gather and begin to question old assumptions.

What I'm suggesting is that the anomalies in a wide array of technologies and devices are produced by EVOs. If you want to maximize the unambiguous and incontrovertible anomalies that are produced, you should try to produce EVOs in a direct way and in the largest size or quantities. The way to do this is to produce a macro-scale EVO in a resonant system. In all these other systems you are producing anomalies but you are dealing with EVOs that are spread out over a larger area. For example, in Mizuno's mesh the EVOs are produced throughout the mesh where hydrogen permeability is high and the crystal lattice is being damaged by migrating deuterium. In a system like I am proposing, you are producing a concentrated ball of EVOs or the "active agent."

Personally, I want LENR and a wide range of other technologies understood as fast as possible. What I don't want to see happen is Google or some other party getting "stuck" on an LENR system that uses bulk materials for a decade. If they begin by studying the ROOT of LENR, I believe they will see much more rapid progress in gaining an understanding of the fundamental phenomena at work.

However, I do expect them to receive interference. Because the EVO phenomena is critically linked to extremely exotic classified technologies that have sequestered from mankind for many decades. They don't want an understanding of this phenomena and vacuum engineering to get out because that would allow any third world nation to automatically become a major power.

• Official Post

No. They have claimed to have done so. Far as I know, they have accomplished nothing worthwhile in LENR at all. Claims are not accomplishments else Rossi would be very accomplished in something other than conning people.

Nanospire has always been a legitimate business with clients. Nowadays, they seem to have put their LENR days behind them, and gotten on with life. I think they even dropped any reference about that radiation exposure story from their website.

• I've discovered that silver and mercury both can obtain pseudo noble gas electron configurations when ionized. Silver only has to lose one electron and mercury only has to lose two. Since we know noble gases help promote the formation of EVOs on all scales, I believe that silver was an obvious choice for Brilliant Light Power. Interestingly, both natural isotopes of silver have the same 1/2 integer nuclear spin and the same polarity (negative) of magnetic moment.

However, I believe mercury, specifically the isotope 199Hg, may be an even more interesting choice for a Suncell or any of these systems that utilize the negative resistance regime to produce a complex space charge. First of all, mercury has a much lower vaporization temp than silver which could be a huge benefit. Secondly, like can obtain a noble gas electron configuration when ionized. This is exactly what we want to happen because an EVO has positive ions in the interior and electrons on the exterior surface. Thirdly, both isotopes of mercury with 1/2 integer spin have a greater magnitude of nuclear magnetic moment than silver. The only difference with the two isotopes of mercury with a 1/2 integer spin, 199Hg and 201Hg is that they have a different polarity of nuclear magnetic moment. 199Hg is positive and 201Hg is negative.

Previously I had made a mistake and said that silver had a greater magnetic moment. I apologize.

Fourth and finally, mercury has a greater mass than silver which would help aid EVO formation and stability.

My tentative conclusion is that except for the known toxic aspects of mercury, the usage of 199Hg might produce a very stable and powerful macro-EVO or complex space charge.

I wonder if Brilliant Light Power has experimented with 199Hg in a Suncell configuration?

https://webelements.com/silver/isotopes.html

https://webelements.com/mercury/isotopes.html

• However, I believe mercury, specifically the isotope 199Hg, may be an even more interesting choice for a Suncell or any of these systems that utilize the negative resistance regime to produce a complex space charge.

@Director : Please study DOCTORAL THESIShttps://is.cuni.cz/webapps/zzp/download/140029225 if you want to understand the relation of noble gases with H3+ the origin of your claimed negative resistance.

Petr Dohnal doctoral thesis: Electron Ion Recombination in Low Temperature Plasma - Department of Surface and Plasma Science Charles University in Prague

• I will go take a look at that thesis.

I'm that sure what you mean by the phrase...

the origin of your claimed negative resistance.

If you could elaborate a little more I'd really appreciate it.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.