Tool for replicators: affordable neutron detector (<700$)

• Official Post

MFMP on Twitter relayed the offer of a relatively affordable neutron detector (<700$)

http://maximus.energy/index.ph…on-detector-spectrometer/

It seems great, but I see two reason to be careful :

• neutrons is a very rare outcome of LENR
    • to make good neutron countring it seems you need few detectors to compensate ambiant and cosmic noises.

There is however a very interesting notice that I cannot understand totally, about gamma detectors, scintillators :

This is a UNIVERSAL SYSTEM that can be used with a variety of gamma scintillators (e.g. NaI(Tl) etc.) for gamma spectroscopy or with of geiger tubes for simple geiger counting.

I wait for experts to judge if it is valuable...

• Official Post

I've heard guys from the 90s in CEA having replicated F&P and detected neutrons at RNBE French conference in 2016, and it is great and very technical job...

They controlled the energy spectrum of the detectors with nylons spheres, used few for various ranges and anti coincidence detection... used calibrated neutrons sources...

You need talent, but maybe less money today...

• Regarding neutrons, let me once again remind people that Ed Storms thinks they may have a prosaic origin such as fractofusion. They may not be directly caused by cold fusion, whatever it is. If so, their use as a diagnostic will be misleading.

When I say they may not be directly caused, I mean that both cold fusion and the neutrons may have a common cause. A third-cause triggering both of them. Leading to the questionable cause fallacy, cum hock ergo propter hoc.

Let me also note that Takahashi and others found they may be anti-correlated with heat. That is, when the heat turns on, the number of neutrons declined, and when the heat faded they increased. The trend wasn't that clear, but it was there. When I saw that I wondered if it was something analogous to the connection between smoke and open flames. Smoke is incomplete combustion. Perhaps neutrons are incomplete (partial) cold fusion. Complete cold fusion produces a lot more heat. Okay, that is a vague notion, but there it is.

• It's what protons and neutrons are doing in the 0-250 kev range

which is of interest

NaI or NaIL scintillation detectors might be clear for the higher ranges for 600 keV, ~3 MEV

but in the lower ''busy"" range

discriminating the exact origin of the scintillation output

is not straightforward

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.