China: The Detection of K-Ca Transmutation in the Mixture of K and Hydride Chemicals

• Official Post

seen on ECW open thread, an interesting China's (English) article nor far from Iwamura, in less evolved (maybe an artifact anyway).

http://www.jmcchina.org/html/2019/1/20190101.htm

The Detection of K-Ca Transmutation in the Mixture of K and Hydride Chemicals
    LU Gong-xuan REemail.gif, ZHANG Xu-qiang , ZHEN Wen-long
    Abstract: Here, we report the transmutation of K-Ca under the negative hydrogen condition (NaBH4, LiBH4 and NH3BH3) at room temperature. In all reaction systems, the amount of K+ and Ca2+ concentrations were monitored by inductive coupled plasma optical emission spectroscopy (ICP-OES) and inductive coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) techniques. The ICP-OES test results showed that K+ concentration was gradually decreasing, while the Ca2+ concentration was gradually increasing. In addition, by comparing the K and Ca concentrations and their isotopes from the ICP-MS results, we found the increase of 40Ca concentration accompanied by the increasing concentration of 41K in the presence of hydride under our "reaction" conditions, which implying 40Ca formation correlated to 41K.

• 39K + 2H --> intermediate 41Sc that finally decays back to 41K .

But the intermediate 41Sc state is much to energetic and possibly emits a proton. This is very likely because both 41Sc and 40Ca have strong magnetic states (4MeV) what allows to get rid of the excess.

If this can be reproduced would be nice. Especially the branching ratio of 40Ca /41K would be nice to know.

• Official Post

I noticed they claim the ingredients are raw from manufacturer, not further purified.

Since LENR is probably a subtle phenomenon involving minority element, it may not be easy to reproduce.

About some missing radioactivity from expected, it seems both the problem for physicist, and the key LENR characteristic...

LENR is dynamite burning without the bang.

• Has anyone been able to understand what the Chinese have done? Why do they "uniformly dispersed by ultrasound treatment 5 min" for a weak solution of potassium chloride, which is perfectly soluble in water?

Why is Figure 5 depicting an unreal isotopic composition of potassium? Calcium nitrate does not contain the main isotope K39, which in nature is 93.3%.

• Official Post

Has anyone been able to understand what the Chinese have done? Why do they "uniformly dispersed by ultrasound treatment 5 min" for a weak solution of potassium chloride, which is perfectly soluble in water?

Why is Figure 5 depicting an unreal isotopic composition of potassium? Calcium nitrate does not contain the main isotope K39, which in nature is 93.3%.

I opened a new thread on this and just found out about this one searching on Google for a pdf version of the paper. I found this paper yesterday precisely because they used ultrasound as a stirrer (I was googling for +ultrasound transmutation). These results might have more to do with the initial ultrasound stirring Than with the added hydride. I think I can organize a replication attempt but I opened the new thread precisely because I think those report is missing a proper set of control experiments. One of the controls Should be no stirring.

• Official Post

I noticed they claim the ingredients are raw from manufacturer, not further purified.

Since LENR is probably a subtle phenomenon involving minority element, it may not be easy to reproduce.

About some missing radioactivity from expected, it seems both the problem for physicist, and the key LENR characteristic...

LENR is dynamite burning without the bang.

Must not be easy to find p.a. Grade in China, or expensive. I am budgeting for knowing the cost of a replication with p.a. salts.

• Official Post

I had forgot to post here a previous work by two of the same authors that also reported partial transmutation from K to Ca, this time was under conditions of photo catalytic generation of hydrogen.

The paper is in the same journal but was released in 2017. Of note is that the Chinese Academy of Sciences is the highest ranked academic institution by the most accepted metrics of scientific impact.

http://www.jmcchina.org/html/2017/5/20170501.htm

Photocatalytic Hydrogen Evolution and Induced Transmutation of Potassium to Calcium via Low-energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) Driven by Visible Light

LU Gong-xuanREemail.gif, ZHANG Wen-yan

Abstract: This work reported experimental evidences of stable potassium isotopes transmutation to calcium during photocata-lytic hydrogen evolution in water mixture dispersion of dye (Eosin Y), potassium chloroplatinate (K2PtCl6), graphene oxide and triethanolamine (TEOA) driven by visible light. This reaction mixture can produce significant amount of hydrogen under irradiation of light with wavelength longer than 440nm, meanwhile, partial potassium nuclei are continuously converted into calcium nuclei. The concentration increase of calcium element in the mixture dispersion is accompanied with the process of proton reduction (H2 evolution) and proton nuclear reaction which yields 3He and 4He. Those results indicate that some of calcium elements in nature might originate from potassium-calcium transmutation through low energy nuclear reaction (LENR) under very mild conditions, which might be related to the yield of negative hydrogen (H-) during photocatalytic hydrogen generation.

• Such papers are of extremely low value as long as they do not analyze the isotopic composition before and after the experiment.

40K decays naturally to 40Ca (and 40Ag! 11% ). It could be that the experiments only speeds up this decay. Halve live is 1.248 109 years for a mole of K this gives 6.022*112'000 decays/s. If you just look at the solution after e.g. one day this could be a very high concentration already depending on what anion you use - comparable to a PH of 12-13.

• Official Post

Wyttenbach, I sometimes am surprised by the ease with which you dismiss a paper that is, by mainstream level of understanding, describing a controversial finding.

I can only try to understand your position from the perspective that you are working way ahead of mainstream, and thus have a completely different perspective and understanding of the underlying phenomena that binds the wide array of observations we collectively call LENR.

Please understand that I am trying to gather evidence that supports the idea that the mainstream understanding is, at least, incomplete.

We have a long way ahead from here to the general acceptance of your model.

• Official Post

This is yet another paper from the same authors, quoted in the prior reference, which detected Helium 3 and Helium 4 evolving in photo catalytic experiments.

http://www.jmcchina.org/html/2017/4/20170401.htm

Formation of Helium-3 and Helium-4 during Photocatalytic Hydrogen Generation over Cadmium Sulfide under Visible Light Irradiation
    LU Gong-xuan1REcor.gifREemail.gif, ZHEN Wen-long1,2     
    Abstract: Here, we report that small amount of 3He and 4He can be produced during photocatalytic hydrogen generation over cadmium sulfide (CdS) semiconductor suspension under visible light irradiation. This work raises a possible route to generate 3 He and 4He from proton in the water under very mild conditions through low-energy nuclear reaction (LENR).
    Key words: photocatalytic hydrogen generation formation of Helium-3 and Helium-4 CdS semiconductor suspension visi-ble light irradiation

I think these papers are important because they build on the evidence that reaction products that can only be understood as being result of nuclear interactions, can be obtained in conditions that are several orders of magnitude removed from what mainstream theories allow. In other words, these three papers are further evidence of LENR. In the first reference of this thread, the isotopic analysis was performed, as Wyttenbach demands, and the results support nuclear interaction as the isotopic ratio is distant from what would be expected by natural abundance.

The methodology of the isotopic identification is not conclusive enough following JulianBianchi ’s opinion, but this Chinese research team presents a control experiment that at least reinforces the possibility that the observed change of K and Ca is due to transmutation and not measurement bias.

• Official Post

They also found a way to produce Deuterium and Helium by fusing Hydrogen in another photocatalytic system. These three papers of LENR in photocatalyzed reactions are from 2017.

http://www.jmcchina.org/html/2017/2/20170201.htm

Formation of Deuterium and Helium during Photocatalytic Hydrogen Generation from Water Catalyzed by Pt-Graphene Sensitized with Br-dye under Visible Light Irradiation

LU Gong-xuan1REemail.gif, TIAN Bin1,2     

Abstract: 3He is a perfect fuel for nuclear fusion, however, the amount of 3He on the earth is very limited, only around 500 kg. Here, we report that small amount of deuterium and helium can be produced during photocatalytic hydrogen evolution from water catalyzed by Pt-graphene sensitized with Br-dye under visible light irradiation. This work raises a mild route to generate deuterium (D2) and helium (He) from proton in the water under very mild conditions.

Again Wyttenbach, not trying to make much of it other than these Chinese chemists experts in catalysis have found conditions under which nuclear reactions that should not happen, do.

• Official Post

Do they describe how they identifies it (3He) . Tritium and DH have a very similar weight...

"The detection of D2 and He were carried out in a GC-MS (Aglient, 5975C, Triple-Axis Detector), a Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer (LC-D200M), and a Rare Gas Isotope Mass Spectrometry System (Nobleless SFT)."

fzch-31-2-101-1.jpg

• be nice to see some standard error bars from averaged data to see if any of these results are significantly different from controls ....it all seems a bit too neat and tidy for my liking, obtaining too precisely the data they expect too see. Well needs replicating like most other lenr work.:)

• Official Post

Any water you use contains D why does the D curve start at 0 ????????

be nice to see some standard error bars from averaged data to see if any of these results are significantly different from controls ....it all seems a bit too neat and tidy for my liking, obtaining too precisely the data they expect too see. Well needs replicating like most other lenr work.:)

This kind of comments always makes me remind an old joke about people that is very educated but fails at reading simple things (it was about a teller in a 5 items or under check out counter that was near to two major campuses, and a young guy approaches the teller with a cart full of items. The teller looks at the guy, looks at the cart and looks at the 5 items or under sign over him and says: I don’t know if you are from MIT and thus you can’t read, or you are from Harvard an therefore you can’t count!)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.