News about Woodford and Industrial Heat

• Official Post

Another great find Ahlfors ! Very good sign for IH to be in the market for someone skilled in: Chemistry/Materials, Data/Analytics, Engineering. Looks like he/she will be working with the IH team at "Research Park, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign".

Says the job will be to turn an experiment into something "commercially viable". Looks as if IH may be positioned to be the first to cross the finish line.

• Shane, does that mean you don't believe Rossi's claims of sales of (half a dozen??) systems about 5 years back and the one of the top 10 international companies buying his latest heat generator with the add incentive of free puppets. Not to mention is robotic factories turning out hundreds of systems.

I just had to ask that.

No- me neither.

• Official Post

does that mean you don't believe Rossi's claims of sales of (half a dozen??) systems about 5 years back and the one of the top 10 international companies buying his latest heat generator with the add incentive of free puppets

What's not to believe?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Looking at the evidence that Sifferkol presents it certainly could be interpreted that IH are just “vacuuming the market for IP assets”.

However we also have evidence (thanks to Ahlfors and others) that IH are funding various parties and indeed hiring and building their own team to do research and preparation for commercialization.

Many countries, individuals and dodgy Russian shell companies are all lodging patents for LENR. There is one mentioned today on ECat World from China.

It looks like, as and when LENR hits the market, there will be the biggest patent war of all time.

so if IH hold back in any way they may find themselves hostage to patents, so maybe they are being smart to lodge as many patents as possible.

• An expensive business though, patenting everything without having a working reactor up and running and commercially available. The NASA study is the best boost to the credibility of LENR to date, I agree with Shane on this, but with all their financial backing and IP IH do look set to clean up with the best product soon to be on the market. Very exciting times for all us LENR enthusiasts watching all this from the sidelines - we can't really compete against any of this on an individual scientist basis - cheaper to just buy a reactor ready made and up and running when they produce one with guarantees on performance etc. Maybe we could help distribute the tech for central heating/home electricity generation in our spare time.

• Funny how nobody believes in LENR but everyone wants to patent it!

I don't know about such things but I guess it still could be 2 or 3 years or more to go from bench experiment to protype to commercial product.

Brillouin could still be the first to produce a commercial product.

• I'm pretty sure after this recent NASA study that deuterium has to be used rather than hydrogen, so unless Brillouin switch over to deuterium I don't think they will be successful (although Alan thinks they are using it already - but why not specify it in their recent patents?)

Looks like he/she will be working with the IH team at "Research Park, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign"

Oh man! There you go again, Shane D. You hear hoof beats and it must be a zebra or perhaps an elephant.

Why do you think IH has a "team" at UIUC? I find that extremely doubtful, pending additional evidence. The ad also says nothing about where the work will be conducted or what specifically it will be.

UIUC has one known connection to LENR and that is George Miley, one of the "usual suspects" for sure. Last, I remember him, several years ago, he was claiming that he had a benchtop power source based on LENR with up to 800 W out (from memory). It has never been seen or heard from since except for a rumor that the story was based on a lab error from an over-stressed assistant. Maybe someone recalls that better than I do.

There is also a whacky UIUC professor who used to teach that Rossi's "technology" worked and up until recently cited it in a syllabus as an example of LENR. I forget his name (not Miley) but I know Fred Zoepfl has been on that case with university authorities and the syllabus has been modified.

In this case...a product being readied for commercialization. I know already we have enough evidence to qualify as being there (finish line), but it does seem the only thing that will catch the worlds attention, will be putting something in the marketplace.

That is unadulterated crappola as many have rubbed your nose in before. Obviously a product would be convincing but so would a reliable, consistent, testable research prototype that made enough power for long enough with a high enough out/in power ratio, as we seem to have to keep repeating to believers again and again because they don't seem to get it.

• Just for general interest about Dr. Miley inasmuch as he is connected (emeritus professor and full professor for decades) to UIUC.

George Miley, from 2013: https://coldfusionnow.org/lenr…nits-from-george-h-miley/

Dr. Miley's company (perhaps unfinished or incomplete web site): http://lenuco-champaign.com/

From Wikipedia about the Patterson cell (current version as of today):

George H. Miley is a professor of nuclear engineering and a cold fusion researcher who claims to have replicated the Patterson Power Cell. During the 2011 World Green Energy Symposium, Miley stated that his device continuously produces several hundred watts of energy.[15] Earlier results by Miley have not convinced mainstream researchers, who believe that they can be explained by contamination or by misinterpretation of data.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…n_power_cell#cite_note-15

I tried to find some more Miley claims- there are lots of links to those in the Moletrap forum. But the web sites they were on return 404 errors or account suspended errors, indicative of astounding successes.

• Official Post

Why do you think IH has a "team" at UIUC? I find that extremely doubtful, pending additional evidence. The ad also says nothing about where the work will be conducted or what specifically it will be.

I am looking right now at a recent picture of the "Industrial Heat Lab" /UIUC, with Miley standing next to 4 of his lab teammates. The photo is in my LENRIA (The Industrial Association for LENR) calendar, Ruby sent me and the LF staff. Is that a good enough reason for me to "think IH has team at UIUC"?

And you are right that the ad says nothing about where the work will be conducted. I guessed it would be with that IH team (there are others elsewhere), because it was posted on the UIUC Research Park website.

I am looking right now at a recent picture of the "Industrial Heat Lab" /UIUC, with Miley standing next to 4 of his lab teammates. The photo is in my LENRIA (The Industrial Association for LENR) calendar, Ruby sent me and the LF staff. Is that a good enough reason for me to "think IH has team at UIUC"?

Sounds like it's the usual suspects, Dr. Miley in this instance. Sounds like Dr. Miley is getting support for his UIUC lab from IH. Far as I know, Dr. Miley's LENR work has no official support from the University other than that he is a professor emeritus of distinguished stature with the University and I am sure on the strength of that alone, can get lab space if he has money to fund it.

If you think these nice folks have a product "ready for commercialization," you've been into the Kool-Aid a bit too much (again).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.