COLD FUSION NOW!

• Official Post

New post from rubycarat on her blog.

Today is F-Day!

On May 8, 1989, the Electrochemical Society held their annual meeting in Los Angeles amid the frenzied controversy of the cold fusion announcement, and announced it F-Day!

This was on the heels of the American Physical Society meeting that began May 1 in Baltimore, where disgruntled physicists who failed to replicate the findings gathered together to congratulate each other for saving science from amateurs. After all, they knewnuclear theory, and chemists did not. The biggest insults hurled by the mainstream physicists came from scientists with the MIT Plasma Fusion Laboratory and Caltech.

https://coldfusionnow.org/blog/

• Official Post

I am having troubles finding any substance in MIT materials despite solid effort to catalog them

Much of the science may be a rehash from ICCF21 (still good though), while some old faces we have not heard from in a while made an appearance, but nonetheless there was still some good stuff said at the MIT Colloquium.

One of the things that caught my attention -which I consider most important as a non scientist, was how involved Carl Page's "Anthropocene Institute" has become in LENR. They have partnered up with Clean Planet for further research, funded Tanzella's independent verification of Brillouin Energy's HHT, helped kick start Pan Mosier-Boss's CR-39 "Tracker Kit" slated for market this fall (2019) as part of the STEM program, invested in and on the Advisory Board of BEC, and last but not least....funded the MIT Colloquium. And that is only what we are aware of, so I am guessing we are seeing only the tip of the iceberg.

In Page's presentation Ruby linked to: https://coldfusionnow.org/cold…search-at-30-years-young/ he points out something discussed here before...the pros/cons of the investor/researcher relationship. Concluding both need each other to advance the science, protect the IP, bring to market, and make a profit for all. I agree. Although, I would add that Carl offered his assistance to another group claiming success, but they felt it better to stay independent. Oh well. :)

That said, there is a growing, and healthy competition between Anthro, Clean Planet, Industrial Heat, and LENR Invest to consolidate the field, fund research, and provide some much needed direction, and discipline...all which are sorely needed.

• Official Post

That said, there is a growing, and healthy competition between Anthro, Clean Planet, Industrial Heat, and LENR Invest to consolidate the field, fund research, and provide some much needed direction, and discipline...all which are sorely needed.

IMO Carl Page could not have come onto the scene at a better time. There appears to me to be a need for leadership in the field. He has the background, and is well positioned to accomplish that. Not a divide and conquer type, but a selfless uniter towards the common goal of resolving the LENR mystery. There are others trying to accomplish the same thing, who are equally qualified, but due to mistrust, jealousy, old rivalries, protecting turf, lack of leadership abilities, ego, and suspicious natures....which run rampant in the field, they have met with limited success in bringing everyone together.

One of the biggest challenges Page has are the demographics of the field. Largely an older group, set in their ways, who by their very nature, must be strong minded/strong willed, to have dedicated their lives to a pariah science. Most, after years, or decades of fighting the stigma cast upon the field, have dug in their heels and view others with suspicions, and in some cases -hostility.

The problem is exacerbated when one of those researchers, or teams has success in the lab. That leads to what some call "inventors disease", that exacerbates all the personality traits...which for lack of a better description, makes the task similar to herding cats. With that success, also comes the need for money, which adds to the witches brew of emotions, making it all the more difficult.

Now don't get me wrong; there have been many solid, selfless individuals, and organizations that have taken on the thankless job of leading the field. LENRIA for one, ISCMNS, McKubre, CP, and IH are some of the others. But right now, from my perch, I would say things are in a bit of disarray due to the many internal squabbles that have erupted. New blood is needed to right the ship.

Page comes into this situation as a trusted, new face with a solid business background. Most importantly, he is a bridge to the huge resources, and talents Silicon Valley has to offer.

• BTW, information about Carl Page is not all that easy to find. Lots of links end up dead. Like this one:

https://www.anthropoceneinstitute.com/LENR

Much of Page's site is about other sources of energy. He does not seem to have a Wikipedia page and is not mentioned by name in the Wikipedia page for "Google." He is barely mentioned on the Wikipedia page for "Larry Page."

What gives with this guy? All I can see he did was to start a company, eventually bought by Yahoo, which ended up as Yahoo Groups. Woohoo.

• Official Post

Much of Page's site is about other sources of energy.

In his MIT presentation recently, he stated "Plan A is LENR, Plan B is MSR". Many of the old, long haired hippy, anti-nuclear greenies (which he said he once was), are switching gears, and pushing for nuclear now. Another thing he said, is that the word "nuclear" has become much more acceptable in polling (depends on how asked)...which bodes well for when LENR makes the breakthrough that should come soon, real soon.

• Official Post

COLD FUSION NOW! has posted a new item, 'Cold nuclear fusion: we immediately went our own way' on https://coldfusionnow.org

This is a re-post of a google-translated article by Sergey Tsvetkov published April 8, 2019 at REGNUM https://regnum.ru/news/2606951.html. Any use of materials is allowed only if there is a hyperlink to REGNUM news agency.

The prototype of the Soviet prospective cold fusion reactor on deuterated titanium was created in May 1989 [...]

View the latest post at

https://coldfusionnow.org/cold-nuclear-fusion/

• Official Post

Member rubycarat has posted a new item on ICCF-22. See:- https://coldfusionnow.org/blog/

BLOG

POSTED ON MAY 17, 2019

ICCF-22 this September in Italy

The 22nd International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science ICCF-22 convenes September 8-13, 2019 in Assisi, Italy, celebrating thirty-years since Drs. Martin Fleischmann and Stanley Pons founded the discipline.

Registration is now open for five-days of CMNS experimental and theoretical reports, workshops, and panel discussions. The registration fee includes meals and accommodation at the Hotel and Conference Centre Domus Pacis. There is an early-bird €100 discount for the first 40 registrants before May 31. The price is then €800 per person. ICCF22_banr6-510x66.jpg

Abstracts are being accepted through July 31.

• Official Post

COLD FUSION NOW! has posted a new item, 'Irina Savvatimova on LENR transmutations'

May 24, 2019 Dr. Irina Savvatimova is one of the giants of Russian LENR research who was able to attend the 30-year celebration organized by the Coordination Council on the Cold Nuclear Transmutation Problem of the Russian

Academy of Natural Sciences (RANS).

See Russian Academy Marks Pioneering Discovery - Dr. Savvatimova is a pioneer of the glow discharge method to [...]

View the latest post at

https://coldfusionnow.org/irina-savvatimova-on-lenr/

• Apparently, the society is not yet ready to use LENR processes for solving energy problems.

The society, or those who rule it, does not need a success in solving the energy problem on the planet

IMO, "The society, or those who rule it" is not limited to just Putin or Trump.

Adani, the biggest new coalmine in Australia has the blessing of local and national governments

However China and Japan may diverge from the worldview

• Official Post

Dr. Savvatimova provides extensive background of her, and other Russian scientists work on CF since 1989. Added to SERGEI Tcvetkov s, and Synthestech's historical perspectives in the Russia LENR Developments thread....I believe we have a clear picture of what they have accomplished. And it is impressive.

Hard to read all this and stay a skeptic. The Russians/Ukranians (and Gennadiy's country :) ), have done high quality LENR research, and the results are so consistent, and believable. These are not just "one-offs" either, as these experiments have been successfully replicated many times, by many others.

Unfortunately, for all their success, the phenomenon is still not accepted by their mainstream, traditional colleagues, or government. That obviously frustrates Savvatimova, as she expresses a desire to bring this further (commercial I assume), but lacks the resources to do so.

That is such a common theme among LENR researchers the world over. Hopefully IH, CleanPlanet, Anthropocene Institute, and LENRInvest can change that. Maybe even one of them might read this interview, and be interested in partnering up with one of Russia's most accomplished LENR researchers?

Another great job by Ruby, and many thanks to Irina for taking the time.

• Official Post

Hey thanks for posting this. I was going to interview Irina Savvatimova for a podcast, but she could not make it, though she wrote out the answers to proposed questions instead.

I will interview Sergei Tsvetkov in the end of June.

On Monday (had to re-schedule from last week), I will interview Sveinn Olafsson and get his explanation of ultra-dense hydrogen and how it makes LENR.

Let me know your questions!

Who shall we get next????????

• Official Post

Ruby,

When you ran across Duncan leaving the MIT Colloquium, you asked and he answered a few general questions. Can you tell us what he said?

BTW: I like the written interview format. It is quicker to read/take notes, than to listen, for those getting overwhelmed with all information we are having to go through. Just a thought, but maybe some of those you ask for an interview would prefer it this way also? I say some, because those like a Dewey, or Carl Page are probably more comfortable talking.

The Russians may also make themselves more available to you, as written replies takes the language barrier out of it. Also, I would think the written format is less time consuming for you?

As to who next?...I say start getting some of the money men. The researchers have been reporting since 1989 with stories of their success, yet few bother to listen. Our resident skeps are proof of that, and they know far more about what is going on then their mainstream colleagues. Each new paper is met with a ho-hum. Just another error probably..."give me a few minutes so I can get my list out and tell you for the umpteenth time what those errors could be". :)

So I say, let us hear from anyone on the Anthropocene team, IH, Clean Planet, or LENRInvest. All are very active in consolidating the research, and steering it towards some practical use. They must have some interesting things to say.

Since

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.