COLD FUSION NOW!

• Official Post

Greetings All, Four things:

1. I will be attending the ICCF22 in Italy to gather video for a documentary film that I will begin in 2020! I am also planning to take lots of photos and post updates on the forum! Woo hoo!

2. At ICCF22, I will also be showing off a new comic book that I wrote and artist Matt Howarth illustrated. It is almost finished and we will try to get it published through mainstream channels. It could take a while, but if that fails, we will self-publish. Here is a sample of page 7 attached. They call them "graphic novels" now, but it's a 30-page comic book essentially.

3. After ICCF22, I will write up an article, and then close down the website Cold Fusion Now!

It has been nine years since I started that effort, and it's time to move on to something else. I will leave the site as an archive, but no longer update or provide new material. Eventually, all the good stuff will be re-distributed elsewhere, and the site will evaporate into the noosphere. Delete!

4. I am taking your requests for the last few podcast interviews. I am scheduled to speak with Sergei Svetkov this month. I also want to try to talk with Francesco Piantelli.

Who else shall I speak with to make that podcast series complete? Let me know and I will try to do that.

THANK YOU all for your kind support of Cold Fusion Now!

A technology is not far away. I am hopeful we will have a solution soon.

Yours,

Ruby

• I am taking your requests for the last few podcast interviews

Why not Juerg Wyttenbach if he's at Assisi?

Now that you have H(o) sussed . ,, SO4 is no problemh(o)?

I hope you have fun in Italy , 9 yrs is a long time.

a new comic book

Compliments to your cartoonist

I guess the one with the fringe is Stanley

one of those fringe scientists?

Martin had no fringe..

Stanley has no fringe anymore..

somewhere in France

Il vit toujours?

Jean Biberian?

• Official Post

Ruby,

Loved the "one on one" interviews with Iwamura, and Tanzella from Swartz's MIT Colloquium. Are there more? Great format, and I love the informal setting. That seems to foster more candid, and "off the cuff" responses, which are historically valuable.

I will recommend Tanzella's interview for those who do not understand how difficult, and expensive, it is to do the necessary basic nuclear research it will take to crack this mystery. Even with the funding in place, just losing a team member (common), can "devastate" the effort, and lead to a time consuming set-back.

If this is one of the things you intend to do at ICCF22, then we are in for a treat. Our members, and guests, will get a ring-side seat to the major annual LENR event, with more to come after editing back stateside.

Can we start fund raising yet? :) We only need another $1,000 from over 3,000 members. That is a bargain for what we get in return.

• Should have it all up and running by now, 1 and 10 kW reactors. Takahashi's group latest publication describes a 3 kW transient excess heat production from a 1 Kg reactor core, so maybe they have only been able to produce transient heat levels from their larger reactor tests. Other than that using tens of Kg reactor cores becomes quite expensive unless they can use silica sand instead of silica mesoscopic nanobeads or ZrO2 to base their Ni/Cu nanoparticle catalysts in. There are reports of suspending TiO2 photocatalysts in simple untreated beach sand - maybe this would work for a Ni:Cu 7:1 ratio LENR catalyst? Problems with nanoparticle density.

http://jcfrs.org/proc_jcf.html

• This is a very dramatic description of the transient heat released. The Japanese are being somewhat inscrutable in this presentation as if they've made a big discovery but are playing down its significance - why release the gas pressure (Pr) in the reactor just after observing the transient? Surely a maintained Pr hydrogen would have sustained the excess heat at the 3 kW level? Maybe they thought the reactor was about to go into a chain-reaction mediated melt-down run-away so panicked and vented the hydrogen into the storage tank. Confirms my suspicion that we need Kg reactor cores to obtain repeatable high levels of excess heat release due to accumulation of reactants - critical mass or density. Did not see neutrons or gammas released - maybe these (and heavy electrons or muons) were all simply internally absorbed by the fusion reactions. Need to replicate this experiment with a larger reactor core and maintain the gas pressure by pumping in more hydrogen at the peak of the transient, not vent it away. Then see real fusion fireworks!

After ca. 90 min of the ET-run start, we suddenly observed
    large heat burst event (data will be shown in Section 3.1); Temperature at about middle
    height (by RTD4) of RC increased from 210°C to 475°C. And we saw ca. 130 W
    peak-heat power by coolant-oil outlet temperature (TC2) of 350°C (increased from
    237°C). In coincidence with RTD4 temperature rise, pressure spike of ca. 0.8 MPa
    pulse increase of RC gas-pressure (Pr) and quick decrease was recorded. The pu lse
    pressure increase was quickly transferred to ca. 4000 cc H-gas storage chamber (SC)
    at room temperature. Pressure increase in SC was 0.16 MPa by the event, which
    corresponded ca. 0.19 H/Ni decrease from sample, namely desorption of H-gas from
    the sample. Total released heat by the burst was ca. 365 kJ (see Section 3.1). Strange
    oscillatory behavior of TC4 (at RC gas outlet) was observed, which looks
    corresponding to the Iwamura observation [6] of frequent heat and pressure spikes
    observed by CNZ5 and CNZ6 samples, as well as similar oscillatory fluctuation of TC4
    temperature in #1-2 run of PNZ6rr sample (Takahashi et al [9]). Detail description
    with discussions will be extended in Section 3.1.

• Official Post

I will look Juerg Wyttenbach up. Thank you. Sergei Svetkov is next.

Actually, it's funny you mention "the fringe" as the artist Matt decided to change Stanley Pons' hair after he saw a few more pictures! So I believe there will be an updated page 7!

In Italy, I look forward to seeing many of those who I havent' yet spoken too. I will get video for the doc with Jean-Paul Biberian.

Merci e Ciao,

Ruby

• Official Post

I wish Ruby would interview Mizuno and Yoshino about their progress with sustained kilowatt output LENR devices. These were teased several years ago with actual prototypes of hardware under construction being shown at the end of this 2014 slide presentation: https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/YoshinoHreplicable.pdf

It's been 5 years. How's it going?

I tried to speak with Tadahiko Mizuno, but he doesn't do Skype easily anymore. He sent a written interview which I made an article out of. Yoshino doesn't speak for interviews, as of yet! I hope I can get him for the documentary film at ICCF-22. I am sure he will be there.

The group just finished a two-year collaboration project, and they are just now embarking on another project, though I don't have details at this time. We'll see their progress in september at the conference.

• Official Post

If this is one of the things you intend to do at ICCF22, then we are in for a treat. Our members, and guests, will get a ring-side seat to the major annual LENR event, with more to come after editing back stateside.

Can we start fund raising yet? :) We only need another $1,000 from over 3,000 members. That is a bargain for what we get in return.

Cold Fusion Now! generates $33.50 monthly from Paypal donations, and $45.00 per podcast, mostly due to one entity.

I pay the editor €25.00 for each podcast out of that.

If you can help me get to Italy without debt, it will be a miracle.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.