Jacques Ruer - The Rossi Letter

• Now, you suggest that Rossi's plasma technology doesn't work because finally ITER spent 20 billions dollars to try that with no results ?

Cyd - I suggest Rossi's plasma tech does not work because his demos do not show anything working.

At least all his previous demos claimed to measure input and output power - and show output >> input.

This one does not measure input at all. He is losing his grip.

I guess it is a form of honesty - he provides pretty lights and puppets. If that is "working" you are good to go with him. Some here have suggested this is a deliberate plan to discourage investors who might be difficult later on - but I think it is just Rossi.

Rossi simply has cancer, because of his work,

Rossi may have had cancer of some structure in his throat. Clearly, the treatment he got dramatically injured his voice. This is commonly due to injury of the recurrent laryngeal nerve which can be injured from surgery or radiation or both. His voice is classic for a person with this problem. This is most common after thyroid surgery but can also occur with surgery of the larynx, esophagus, vocal chords, lymph nodes, etc. Thyroid cancer usually is successfully treatable but not always and the other types are much more aggressive.

It is, however, complete nonsense to attribute this to his "work". You don't get cancer from scamming. And there is no evidence whatsoever and never has been that anything Rossi has constructed creates any type of radiation. Maybe Rossi got cancer from mishandling all the toxic wastes when he conducted the petroldragon scam. Cancer from environmental toxicity can take decades to develop (like cancer from smoking).

• I don't wish to argue about this.

You cannot argue. You do not know what happened or what it looked like, so you have no basis to argue. I do know.

What is "obvious" to one person is not to another. All Rossi's spoofs are obvious when understood, to the right people. That a flowmeter specified to measure flow to a given accuracy does not always do so will not be obvious to somone not highly experienced in the use of flowmeters

It was readily apparent. I mean visible. Anyone could see the problems in a few minutes. You could see the flowmeter was installed incorrectly, and it was easy to confirm that the flow was much smaller than the flowmeter indicated. It does sometimes take high experience with flowmeters to discover problems, but not in this case.

Cydonia is saying "it should have been obvious to Dewey". Well, in retrospect yes. At the time, no

That is incorrect. He told me at the time the Doral test was underway. That was midway through the test, but I expect he knew back when the test started. He & I were both hoping Rossi would fix the problems, but we did not think that was likely.

• For example, to take recent ones we know about:

The December Ferrara tests were signed off by Levi and 5 other academics. They contained an error in how you measure input power with a 3 phase measurement instrument.
    The Lugano tests were signe doff - with detailed scrutiny - by Levi and 5 other academics. they contained an error in how temperature was estimated using IT thermography.

These errors survived inspection by scientists.

Really? Which kind of inspection these errors survived? Perhaps it was just for being sure that they were as hidden as possible. How can you exclude that?

The tests you mentioned were reported in the 2nd and 3rd reports issued by Levi & Co. It's wrong to make reference to them. Even Rothwell has finally recognized that the 1st academic report was the one issued on January 2011, reporting the results of the Bologna demo, and has admitted that it was wrong (1). There is no reason to look at the subsequent Ferrara and Lugano reports unless their lead author admits and thoroughly justifies the errors contained in the Bologna report. Do you know? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice (or more), shame on me!

time: I'll give you that - I do not know a case when Rossi has spoofed time measurement. but never say never...

Here it is (2). In the calorimetric report of the Bologna demo (3), it was reported that the max output power lasted for 40 minutes, more than twice the real duration of boiling. But this value was not spoofed by Rossi. There is no way in which the people who wrote, checked, approved and issued the calorimetric report could have been deceived by Rossi for the boiling duration. The video (4) and the photos (5) showing the computer screen - which would have allowed, even a student, to easily estimate the correct time lengths - were published on the internet within the day after the January 14, 2011 demo, much before the calorimetric report, which was issued more than a week later.

(1) Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

(2) http://i.imgur.com/kaHK3GV.jpg

(3) http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LeviGreportonhe.pdf

(4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjdXpSUDRlw

(5) http://22passi.blogspot.com/20…naca-test-fusione_14.html

• Rossi may have had cancer of some structure in his throat. Clearly, the treatment he got dramatically injured his voice. This is commonly due to injury of the recurrent laryngeal nerve which can be injured from surgery or radiation or both. His voice is classic for a person with this problem. This is most common after thyroid surgery but can also occur with surgery of the larynx, esophagus, vocal chords, lymph nodes, etc. Thyroid cancer usually is successfully treatable but not always and the other types are much more aggressive.

It is, however, complete nonsense to attribute this to his "work". You don't get cancer from scamming. And there is no evidence whatsoever and never has been that anything Rossi has constructed creates any type of radiation. Maybe Rossi got cancer from mishandling all the toxic wastes when he conducted the petroldragon scam. Cancer from environmental toxicity can take decades to develop (like cancer from smoking).

you seem to be friendly so I will share a secret with you. what is the common point between Oshawa, Piantelli, Groszek, Rossi ?

Production of radical species ... Also you must know that they are the main cause of cancer and it's the same that makes you grow old to die one day, the later I hope for you.

• Really? Which kind of inspection these errors survived? Perhaps it was just for being sure that they were as hidden as possible. How can you exclude that?

I can't exclude those involved in this willfully not reporting errors they recognised: indeed my statement implicitly includes that as a possibility.

• That is incorrect. He told me at the time the Doral test was underway. That was midway through the test, but I expect he knew back when the test started. He & I were both hoping Rossi would fix the problems, but we did not think that was likely.

Apologies Jed. Given you have firsthand info here I admit error in this matter.

I will continue to maintain that Dewey, not well advised, would not necessarily detect bad flowmeter siting. And that IH (while maybe not badly advised in this case) have in their dealings with Rossi been badly advised - or else not taken good advice - in the past.

• Apologies Jed. Given you have firsthand info here I admit error in this matter.

It is not an error. You just didn't happen to know.

I will continue to maintain that Dewey, not well advised, would not necessarily detect bad flowmeter siting.

If he read the manual for this flowmeter, he would know. Or if he read a general guide to flowmeters from Omega, which I highly recommend:

https://www.omega.com/en-us/resources/category/flow-level

https://www.omega.com/en-us/resources/flow-meters

It says, for example:

"Pressure & Temperature Ranges

Expected minimum and maximum pressure and temperature values should be given in addition to the normal operating values when selecting flowmeters. Whether flow can reverse, whether it does not always fill the pipe, whether slug flow can develop (air-solids-liquid), whether aeration or pulsation is likely, whether sudden temperature changes can occur, or whether special precautions are needed during cleaning and maintenance, these facts, too, should be stated."

Going over those factors and referencing the manual for this pump, you would see it was not installed right, and it was not working.

Actually, people would have known Rossi was making a mistake 7,000 years ago, because I am sure they would have measured the flow directly with a bucket and stopwatch (the human heart rate pulse was used for a stopwatch):

"Flow Measurement in History

Our interest in the measurement of air and water flow is timeless. Knowledge of the direction and velocity of air flow was essential information for all ancient navigators, and the ability to measure water flow was necessary for the fair distribution of water through the aqueducts of such early communities as the Sumerian cities of Ur, Kish, and Mari near the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers around 5,000 B.C."

I have read that ancient Roman aqueduct flow meters were accurate and reliable. They were used for billing purposes. I do not know how they worked.

Production of radical species ... Also you must know that they are the main cause of cancer and it's the same that makes you grow old to die one day, the later I hope for you

The main causes of mammalian cancer are environmental and ingested chemical carcinogens, viruses, chronic inflammation and oncogenes. Ionizing radiation can cause cancer too, of course, but it is not a major factor without unusually high exposure. I have no idea about the role of "radical species" but ecats don't make any sort of product, either energy or matter so Rossi was pretty safe about that. Ecats are electrical heaters and that's all.

• Given you have firsthand info here I admit error in this matter.

Some of the problems were described by Murray:

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…01/0207.65_Exhibit_65.pdf

"The Apator PoWoGaz’s device label clearly states that the unit has a minimum operational flow rate of 1.6 m3/hour. That is a minimum of 38.4 m3 /day. Using 977.8 kg/m3 as the density of water at 70ºC, the minimum operational mass flow rate measurable with this sensor is 37,548 kg/day. With few exceptions, your daily valuation reports reflect a flow rate clearly below this level. How can the measurements of the flow meter be valid when they are consistently below the minimum operating value?

The flow meter requires that the entire pipe volume be full of liquid to function properly, as described in the Apator PoWoGaz Operating Instructions [section 6.6 in document I-EN-2-003/2013, Operating Instructions, Flange water meters DN40 - 500]. The visible iron stain waterline marks on the static vanes indicate that the pipe was not continuously full of liquid, as required by the manufacturer’s specifications, but rather had a substantial portion free of liquid. See Exhibit A. How can the measurements of the flow meter be valid when the pipe volume was far less than full?"

This was written late in the test but these issues were known to IH before that.

• The main causes of mammalian cancer are environmental and ingested chemical carcinogens, viruses, chronic inflammation and oncogenes. Ionizing radiation can cause cancer too, of course, but it is not a major factor without unusually high exposure. I have no idea about the role of "radical species" but ecats don't make any sort of product, either energy or matter so Rossi was pretty safe about that. Ecats are electrical heaters and that's all.

So... my wife is working at Paris for Pasteur 's institute as oncology researcher, DNA etc.. therefore may be she could be in relation with Rossi, to make a fake, you suggested ?

• Yikes, I hope they didn't stop it between readings!

Or get excited.

In ancient times they also used water clocks, sand clocks, candles and sundials. The big breakthrough was the escapement, which I suppose was conceptually difficult because instead of measuring the smooth flow of time, like a sand clock or candle, it breaks time into chunks. We have been breaking time into ever smaller chunks ever since.

To me, the most astounding pre-modern mechanical clocks were the ones made in Japan starting in the mid-17 century. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_clock) The length of the hours automatically varied by the day of the year. Daylight was divided into 6 hours which were longer in summer than winter. This was what I call perverse complexity. Making things harder than they need to be, in the service of a bad idea that makes the machine less useful. Why not just make the hours the same, and say there are more hours of daylight in summer? Imagine trying to run a railroad or some other enterprise with hours that change every day.

Along the same lines, in the upcoming Tokyo Olympics, it has been suggested they hold the marathon race an hour early because it gets hot in Tokyo. That's a reasonable suggestion. What is not reasonable is some government flunky's idea that they should set the clocks for the entire country one hour earlier for the duration of the Olympics. Granted, they should have daylight savings time, and they don't, but having it for a few weeks one year only is ludicrous.

Similar perverse complexity can be seen in some writing systems. Oddly enough, the oldest ones tend to be the most complex. They grew simpler over time. For example, Hebrew is written without vowels. English used to be written without spaces between the words. Chinese and Japanese are written with characters that should have been dumped centuries ago in my opinion. The Japanese and Koreans both developed perfectly serviceable alphabets, which any speaker can read with full comprehension, as all blind people do (in Braille, which has a pleasing digital quality that will appeal to a programmer, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Braille). The Koreans finally dumped their use of characters and adapted alphabet-only system after WWII. The Japanese got rid of many characters after WWII, but not enough, in my opinion.

• Granted, they should have daylight savings time, and they don't, but having it for a few weeks one year only is ludicrous.

The Japanese nation does seem to have a perverse relationship with time. They reset their entire calendar with each new Emperor. This week the Emperor is retiring so they are going to start a new era with a peculiar name: Reiwa (令和 ). No one seems to know what it means. To me, it looks like "Bossing Japanese people around." The only word I know with "rei" in it is "order" or "command" (meirei, 命令). I hope this is not indicative of the upcoming era.

Fortunately, researchers and technical documents all use the Western calendar (the year 2019), so I don't have to deal with this.

The present era, Heisei, began with the first year of cold fusion, 1989.

They should have got rid of the Emperor in 1945 too, along with those characters. I am not a fan of useless traditions. Maybe not hung him, but they should have at least sidelined him, the way the royalty in Denmark is sidelined and bicycled. The people in charge of the Occupation thought the population would react strongly to dumping the emperor, so they wrote him into the Constitution. Maybe they were right. I wasn't there, so I guess I cannot judge.

• Official Post

In criminal psychology there is something called the "dark triad" which is a trio of personality disorders -- narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy --that often cluster together. Of these, Rossi strongly displays both narcissism (grandiose, self-centred behaviour) and Machiavellianism (manipulation, callous disregard of others), and seems pretty high in one of the dimensions of psychopathy (boldness and impetuosity). These are personality disorders, and as such are core items of psychological structure that someone cannot simply turn on and off at will.

A narcissist treats all those around him as but bit players on the glittering stage that is his (or her) life. The adulation is important and whether he is wealthy or poor doesn't matter. So I wouldn't expect Rossi to stop his charades just because he has made some money at them. It goes a lot deeper than that.

Never heard of this Dark Triad, but it certainly fits Rossi's behavior better than anything else I have read. Manipulation: Doral, JONP. Disregard for others: using kids with cancer in his ruse. Boldness/grandiose: Doral, Oct 2011 demo, QX tampering with the control box, SK puppet show. He has done it all.

So... my wife is working at Paris for Pasteur 's institute as oncology researcher, DNA etc.. therefore may be she could be in relation with Rossi, to make a fake, you suggested ?

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean. I said nothing about oncology research, the Institute, and especially not about your wife!

• Official Post

What point was that? Also, I diagnosed nothing. My discussion was general. You can't diagnose someone's condition without a detailed medical history, physical exam and lab tests. Like you can't fly an airplane without a preflight check and checklists.

You know the old saying: "if you dish it out, you have to be able to take it". He was much more subtle than you.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.