ICCF-22 (Sept. 8-13) News/reports/opinions

• Perhaps they talked to Storms or McKubre, but evidently did not even act on their advice.

Yesterday they told me they did talk to Storms, but they decided not to act on his advice, for the most part.

They also confirmed my impression that in their Pd-D experiments, they probably did not achieve high enough loading to produce cold fusion, according to McKubre's graph. (https://www.lenr-canr.org/word…loads/McKubre-graph-1.jpg) In one case, they may have come close. However, as you see in the graph, at borderline loading ratios below 0.96 you may get heat or you may not. Bear in mind that various method of measuring loading will produce varying ratios.

• Official Post

Earthquake neutrons and Earth-Crust LENR: From seismic precursors to Geochemistry evolution by Alberto Carpinteri and Oscar Borla.

Here there is a sequence of events with a cause and effect relationship. First, nanomechanical instabilites form nanocrack and/or nan-bubbles, then there is THz emission, then LENR occurs, then there are neutron emissions.

Neutron emission from rock specimens

During a preliminary experimental analysis, four rock specimens were used: two made of Carrara marble, and two of Luserna granite, following compression failure.

Brittle fraction experiment carrara matble specimen

Load vs. time and cps cure for P3 test speciman of granite.

Green Luserna also produced neutron emission. (in the picture) One of the big stones gave neutron emissions, but the smaller rocks did not produce any neutrons.

He also detected the presence of iron.

Other materials investigated include luserna stone, basalt magnetitie which were more enriched with iron dioxide, ...

Steel emits up to 2.5 time the background level (of neutrons).

Granite emits up to 10 time the background level.

Basalt emits up to 10^2 time sthe Background level.

Magnetite emits up to 10^3 times the background level.

Marble emits about background level.

For granite Phengite, 2.2% of the Fe disappeared.

For Aluminium, 2% more appeared.

for granite, there is a 3% loss with respect to Carrara marble. and a 13% increase in carbon.

Wavelength vs. frequency, he shows a diagram with a computation of wave velocity = 10^3 m/s.

There are high frequency vibration.

1) Teraherz phonons present an energy equivalent to that of thermal neutrons.

2) TerHertz phonons present a frequency equivalent to the Debye frequency.

Experimental spot: The mine is structured in five levels and a pillar located at about 100 kilometers from our location in the town of Murisengo.
    Carpinteri mapped the earthquakes and fractal emission. Neutrons will peak about 7 or 8 days after an earthquake.

A step-wise function that steps and jumps, (depending on the element),

3.8 billion years ago, there was bigtime tectonic activity, as well as 2.5 million years ago, producing a sharp increase in Carbon, Silicon and Alumina.

Calcium depletion vs Ocean Formation

There was big steps in oxidation about 3.8 billion years ago, and 2.5 million years ago.

Now he shows a picture of his simple cold fusion cell. palladium electrode after the test. He says Storms says in his book that we can have a reaction if we have microcracks, which are available.
    Also new elements are found on the electrodes.

• Surely you realize I disagree. I know that you think you discovered errors, just as Morrison, THH and others think they did, but I disagree. There is no need for you to reiterate your claims in detail as if we were unaware of them. You need only say, "I disagree."

I know that you know. I haven't reiterated any detail, this thread is not the right place to reopen the debate on F&P. I just wanted to provide the links where interested readers can see by themselves that F&P (and you) were wrong.

• Official Post

Observations of delocalized gamma emission from Co-57/Fe-57 samples during application of mechanical stress by Florian Metzler.

He began with a definition of excitation transfer (which I missed). and he is drilling down on the excitation experiments that Peter Hagelstein refered to. Florian is getting down into the details of the action but there is still mnay unknowns.

Current experiments use an xray spectromometer that gives four different energy bands, and visible residue is Fe-57, from previously decayed Cobalt-57. There was an increase of emission for high denstiy Fe-57 region during mechanical stress.

OK, that was short as I called out to take the group photo and we had to find a spot. I had a video camera, not the best for an group photo with 140+ attendees. Bill and I found a spot to take the photo, and then we moved it, and moved it again, and moved it again... Bob greenyer and a young fellow helping Bill had real photo cameras and were able to get the shot. It was pretty hot by then.

After the photo shoot, we ate lunch and then lined up for the bus to Assisi. I got on the second bus, and noticed - I don't have my phone. Panic ensued and I had to get of the bus to go find my phone. Luckily it was in "the office" and I calmed down. But I missed the bus to Assisi and all the fun.

No matter. I sat and talked with Alan Goldwater and Bo Gardmark outside on a bench under a tree. There were no lectures so Bo and I walked to a gihugic church made of old old stone and beautiful marble tilings. It was cool inside, but when we came out, the heat was strong. It's been sunny with a few clouds. Perfect.

• Florian is getting down into the details

Florian has a Masters thesis on the Co57 investigation here.. done on a low budget.. well done.

https://dspace.mit.edu/bitstre…df?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

"

First, our group functioned on a highly constrained budget which required us to keep either the

number of experiments low or the cost per experiment. Because we needed to traverse a wide

experimental parameter space, the former was not an option

Also Siyuan Lu was involved

Finally, what follows is a brief discussion ofthe relationship of Metzler's contributions to the work

of another group member, Siyuan Lu. In 2018, Lu received a PhD in the MIT Department of

Electrical Engineering and Computer Science based on the work conducted with our group under

the guidance of Metzler and Hagelstein. Metzler played a central role in setting up and conducting

the experimental work described in Lu's doctoral thesis (Lu 2018) -- this included the development

and setup of the experiments presented in Lu 2018, the provision and configuration of data

128acquisition systems, the management and processing of data, and discussions of results with

Hagelstein and Lu.

The results on pinhole delocalization obtained together with Lu and described in Lu 2018 are

potentially important but did not receive prominent placement in this present thesis, as we consider

them in need of further investigation which is still ongoing

• Official Post

Wednesday morning at ICCF22

LEAP from David J. Nagel LENRIA Experiment and Analysis Program

To privde a means for LENR to break out to become recognized and funded as a legitimate field of Science.

Break OUt means awareness and acceptance of LENR by the scientific community as a legitmate field of scientifc inquire, adequate funding of LENR research by government agencies, and awareness of the field by the gnereal public, especially those concerned with .....

Program conceived in 2013 by Steve Katinsky and is now funded by Anthropocene Institute.

Goal is to Increase RESEARCH and Commercialization

Strategy is to Perform the same LENR experiment, which been qualified to produce excess heat, at multiple major laboratories.

PHASE 1 Re-d PD-B Excess Heat experiments, Procure new PdB Cathode Material Develop hardware and Software

Phase 2 Document the LEAP and Procure Funding for the Second Phase. clone experiments

PHASE 1 Use of the original successful Pd B alloys and newly made PdB alloys

NRL Pd B cathodes produced excess power in 9 out of 10 experiments performed by Melvin Miles at Navy labs and in Japan.

There is a small wattage output, but solid measurements.

They are using original material and new materials are being tested, they have the data and the data is now being analyzed.

There is a Big difference in grain size from old 1994 material and new 2019 material. New grain size is small, while old material grain size is BIG.

New calorimeter is thick walled lucite tube. 3D printed "cage" gets "soft" at higher temperatures, so they are right now having another support made.

Preparation mostly done, and Pd-B experimental runs began in August.

• Official Post

JeanLuc Paillet has an EDO model and computes the Dirac anomalous wavefunction with finite ostentail inside nuclear r<R (very close to the nucleus.

Lots of text on slides, so here's some lines:

Semi-classical simulation are a valuable help and Relativity implied by HUR is the solution for EDO confinement.
    Lamb shift is very strong in High electric field and has repulsive dominant effect.
    Electrons confined near the nucleus are ultra-relativistic.

The whole potential for an H-atom is described by a piecewise expression:

The outside solution is given by the general solution.

The inside solutions are simply polynomial solutions.

He must have continuity at r=R

Note that the mean radius varies very slowly as a function of the energy r1~r0 , rapid stopping of the iteration (fixed point)

There is possible tunneling from atomic zone to EDO zone

The general wavefuction could be a linear combination of the EDO state and atomic ground state, with amplitude coefficient lambdaEDO~ 0.003.

• LEAP from David J. Nagel LENRIA Experiment and Analysis Program

To privde a means for LENR to break out to become recognized and funded as a legitimate field of Science.

This looks promising to me. I am glad they have Imam making Pd-B cathodes.

Good calorimetry.

Grain orientation studies are good. The grains in the new material are smaller. That's probably a good thing, according to Robert Huggins.

• Official Post

from Hungary, Jozsef Garai gives Physical model for Lattice assisted nuclear reactions

Norman Cook told Garai in a letter he should come to ICCF; they had collaborated for two decades.

Nuclear lattic models from Wigner Pauling and Cook are shown, along with Garai's.

He has a double tetrahedron nuclear lattice model based on the periodicity of the elements, and derived from the sequence of the atomic number.

Bohr's model explains the main emission/absorption lines of the H atom, though ere are many problems that he lists.

One that improves the Bohr model, outside of the atom the electron is a point charge, but when close it becomes a wave propagating as a surface charge to the nucleus.

Classical EM says a standing wave has no emission. When jumping from one wave to a another wave you have emission.

At Normal Cook's urging, he began to think about how the electron structure model is compelling to explain the oberved uclear eaction at low energy and he started a more systematic study and he chose Pd-D system.

Garai believes that successful PdD experiments have (from Storms' books):

slow loading

D2O should be pure, containing the least H2O

The loading of D/Pd should be higher than 85%.

Deuterium molecules D2 should be present in the palladium deuterite

Presence of non-vacancies

Higher than a threshold density is required.

Laser excitation enhance the reaction

Magnetic field increases reaction

Heat production is localized with mini-explosions.

He says a vacancy should be in the lattice and the lattice should be filled with a D modecule and that is possible only if the lattice is filled

energy should be at a threshold level.

Now he proposes an experimental model based on vacancies: D2 molecule in the vacancy subject to vibration will eventually create He4.

Theoretical requires from a successful model (from Storms' books):

Helium is generated without significant radiation

Effects occur with H or D

Tritium is produced. ...

Reactions occur at localized sites.

Garai believes much enhanced tunneling helped by electron shielding.

Hot fusion pathway ratios should NOT be the same for LENR. No fragmentation in LENR allows the making of DD -> He4 directly.

The energy generated is transferred to the lattice and observed as heat and phonons.

He says you need a vacancy, while Storms says you need a crack.

the calculated fundamental frequency in cavity/vacancy for D2 molecule is 21.65 THz consistent with experiments.

• JeanLuc Paillet has an EDO model and computes the Dirac anomalous wavefunction with finite

Nuclear lattic models from Wigner Pauling and Cook are shown, along with Garai's.

To sum it up: 80 years old ideas that never worked out and have no power to explain experiments.

Jean-Luc still misses to tell us the basic connection to mechanics (force equation) that should be done before you start to model...

I can predict the stock-exchange on yesterdays weather data too...

First: Sumary: Good experiments were presented, but to much presentation time devoted to nonsensical modells.

• Official Post

Condensed Posasmoids by Lutz Jaitner

He tries to soleve the bizarre FP Puzzle - what is the NAE? Condensed plasmoids Cps are the nuclear active environment of LENR

Lutz Jaitner gives condensed plasmoids hypothese:

LENR effects to explain:

Fast alphas

stable isotopes

heat , xrays

no gammas

few neutrons

cathode craters

strange radiation

RF emission and magnetic effects

He looked at models and was not satisfied. He also learned that Increased surface material incresased reaction rates.

He wants a higher electron density to explain the reaction.

He says that Strange radiations = CPs (are the same thing)

People have observed CPs experimentally and he makes a list.

CPs have been also names EVs, EVOs high-density charge, cluster, vortex filaments, ring clusters...

CPs can make craters, a la Boss et al. at SPAWAR, Shoulders, Zhang and Dash.

CPs can make Rings, too see photo on Twitter.

He looks at the magnetic field of a plasma "wire" w?

Assuming the temperature is low, what will stop the collapse?

Answer: The degeneracy pressure of the electron gas.

He computed the degeneracy pressure and his value was along the lines of standard comuted pressure from astrophysics.

Plasma physics at low temperature is not aligned with the observed lifetimes of CPs (up to > 1 hour) - plasmoids do not decays to regular particles.

So he looks at QM which predict that CPs remain in a plasma state. This will work and he goes this path.

His assumptions for the QM model:

CPs contain atomic nuclei densely packed in a long and very narrow plasma channel

The distance between the nuclei are so small that all electrons bound to these nuclei are deloclaized along the channel

(and another one missed it --)

He used relativistic QM, as electron velocities can be up to 80% he speed of light. He show the Klein-Gordon Hamiltonian, and then computes the electric and magnetic potentials, and then solves the Klein-Gordon equation for the radial wave equation. There is no solution to this diff eq equation so he simplifies a bit with an equation is for a single electron in the mean potential.

Main properties of a CP

Length > 10 micrometer no upper limit

radius of the plasma wire 35-130 pm

matter density can be up to 100,000 times denser than ordinary matter

intrinsic current: 0.8-12 kA

Mean electron velocity : 16-40% of light speed

Minimum electric potential -7 to -60 kV from an excess of negative charge (2% more electrons)

binding energy: 10-120 keV per electron (endothermic, preliminary) and disappointing as it is unbound.

He shows graphs of electron densities, then electric and magnetic fields at 9.2 kA.

Coulomb tunneling Hypotheses:

Minimum nuclear distance at 9.2kA

Coulomb tunneling (fusion) is probable with all sorts of elements not merely d-d fusion

really cold fusion : no kinetic energy require for passing the Coulomb barrier.

When that tunneling happens, some of that energy of excited elements can cause spallation and fusion-fission.

He has many other hypotheses too.

Proper shielding (iron) is required as CPs can damage cell tissue produced intense xray and UV light, they can pass through LENR walls, destroy electronic components, and can ionize all matter, which often looks like melting.

• It does not take a skeptic to weed out bad data or lairs. Any good scientist, especially one who knows something about LENR and how it is known to behave would have done a good job of advising IH. What is worse, the skeptic tends to overlook supporting information while focusing on the claim not being real. For example, the initial Rossi tests clearly showed excess power. But then he did a bait and switch by changing the material and the way it was treated. No one seemed to notice. Then he lied big time. The people who ran Defkalion, who tried to rip off Rossi, also lied. Being a skeptic was not required to know this. But people were so intent on proving the skeptics wrong, they were willing to overlook the obvious flaws in the claims. The skeptics did nothing useful. In fact, the skeptics have been nothing but a distraction to advancing our understanding of LENR. I expect being called a skeptic of LENR will eventually be used as a form of insult, like being called a flatearther or a global-warming-denier.

Except that some of the skeptics clearly showed why those early tests were unsafe. One particular example is the October 6 2011 test, declared by Jed to be highly convincing HAD, which could be explained by a hot core.

I'm not aware of any of Rossi's early tests that did not have mundane explanations? Bryce, a skeptic, did a decent job looking at the 6 early tests. I don't agree with all that he says - inevitably detecting errors/mistakes is an uncertain business, because you cannot go back and test hypotheses - but it is I think unfair to say that skeptics made no contribution to warning that Rossi was a fraud and/or vapourware merchant

I absolutely agree it does not take a skeptic to do this. But, equally, some skeptics are very good at doing it. It really should not matter what somone's views are, the logic and analysis are the same.

My core disagreement here is that skepticism (about current experimental results) is the one thing that will help to make them more robust, or help to make future replications more robust. The LENR community needs more of it, and needs to take it seriously. They unfortunately do not get the robust critique from outside LENR community peer review that might otherwise happen. In fact the best thing the LENR community could do is take specific claims of skeptics seriously, rather than dismissing them.

• Official Post

Atomic Deuterium in Active LANR Systems Produces 327.37 MHz Superhyperfine RF Maser Emission by Mitchell Swartz is up after a coffee break.

Produce

excess heat de novo helium low leve emission unique Anitistokes spectra AND D-line RF 327, i.e. deuterium line spectroscopy

He has NANOR component: preloaded zirconium oxide two terminal component that with a voltage across produces HIGH Q.

This occurs with aqueous, nickel systems, and with the preloaded dry components. when in a Fabray Perot box, he gets a maser.

Picture on Twitter of waterfall line.

Superhyerfind structure, the appearanc eof more sideband with increasing voltae - but beliw avalanch show evidenc of deuterium

The NANOR also shows pulsable bands, - when th amplitutde changes the coulomb barrier falls.

The reason he looked at this is that Hydrogen emits in Astronomy measurement.

Array dipoles have been used to pick up emissions from space, and allows you to see mass that you normally hidden with ordinary light.

A problem is to calibrate your system and look at the background.

Swartz used same system as Haldeman, and putting a resistor next to the device to calibrate, he puts a tiny bit of electricty in and MORE heat comes out. An active system is geven when you drive the system in the active region. He puts more heat in, he gets excess heat out. The control shows the same heat coming out, the NANOR shows excess heat coming out. For NANOR, the wattage is low in milliwatts, but the excess is 12,000% input power.

Upping the voltage gives an electrical avalanche, and no more excess heat.

CMORE Spectroscopy shows Hagelstein's phonons that he predicted as well.

Antenna is an enclosed wire helix 4%to 15% of a wavelength long.

Transmission lines are a big problem for noise, so they buy military grade material to decrease attenuation by 10^5.

Early on, He waited to do experiments when the Earth was blocking the center of the galaxy which can mess up the reading. Now he has a system that he can do it anytime, with minimal galactic contamination.

Grounding is important. He uses an 8 ft copper pipe into the ground.

REsULTs, see photos on Twitter.

The active, electrically-driven NANOR is the first solid state CF/LANR device.

• Official Post

Excess Energy from A Vapor Compression System by Bin-Juine Huang, National Taiwan University

His interest has been Cavitation-involved (or LENR) energy technology (since 2018)

He wants renewable energy technology.

He review cavitation and cavitation -induced LENR : implosion of bubbles with intense shock wave.

Buble size can go from 10-40 microns and have a short time life: 50 x 10^-6 seconds.

Pressure is high inside 1 nm bubbles at 2870 atmospheres.

He shows a slide of various over-unity machines.

One cavitation system from ___________________ (CES)? showed COP = 5.25 at 388 degrees C. He asks why not have an energy revolution from this result?

Two interesting cases of COP>1 in Commercial Equaipment found: poluution control equipment and hydrogen rich water making machinge both show COP>1.

Micro-bubble heater in pollution control equipment had an Input 36 kW electrical and 2.3 kW _______ with output 93 kW.

Hydrogen rich water making machine uses vapor cmpression cycle (thermodynamic Principle of heat pump)

A 1 kW input of the water-making machine provides 1.5 to 7.0 kW output and hydrogen rich water at 260 Liters/day. See photo on Twitter.

• Official Post
    Uchikoshi presented Laser Condensed-Matter Fusion Experiments
    Missed a lot. There's action everywhere!

Just rolled back in the auditorium and he said he produced about 4 Watts excess heat.

The conclusion slide:

Temperature increase, neutron signal, and burst of amu=4 ocurred at the same time.

Observation of partial pressure increase of amu=3 during the experiment (He3 generation?)

Excess heat generation that cannot be explained only by input power

Distortion of Pd sample suggests that distortion affects the approach of D atoms

This is a young man and we're going to see some amazing things from this fellow.

• Official Post

Nuclear Transmutation with Carbon and Oxyhydrogen Plasma by Slobodan Stankovic has started and I missed most of it. bummer. This guy has got some interesting results. read the paper! He's got a simple protocol to make this experiment yourself and get LENR transmutations.

Bummer!!! Did you catch something about the flame temperature of HHO? This has been a long controversial aspect.

• Did you catch something about the flame temperature of HHO

This is the main reason the temperature of gas is so low, but the energy contained in the flame is very high. The temperature obtained by Chris Eckman [11], which was around 130°C and measured with an InfraCAM SD thermal imaging storage camera system, correlates very well with the temperature measured in this experiment by laser deflectometry

https://www.researchgate.net/p…origin=publication_detail

• Official Post

This is the main reason the temperature of gas is so low, but the energy contained in the flame is very high. The temperature obtained by Chris Eckman [11], which was around 130°C and measured with an InfraCAM SD thermal imaging storage camera system, correlates very well with the temperature measured in this experiment by laser deflectometry

https://www.researchgate.net/p…origin=publication_detail

Yes, I’m fully aware of that, I was asking because I knew Slobodan was going to show some further data at ICCF, and some results about boiling water with HHO, these issues have been controversial about HHO and he was looking into them further.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.