ICCF-22 (Sept. 8-13) News/reports/opinions

• Official Post

U. Mastromatteo LENR evidences experimenting with hydrogen and deuterium loading in thin palladium films

http://www.argal-research.it

is the site of his research association where you can see previous and current work.

He shows his set up (see photo on Twitter)

Important in this experiment is pressure monitoring, because something unexpected happened. He uses a thin-film Pd resister to identify that pressure inside the chamber is the correct one.

1 Ohm heater resister, a dialectic to separate resister from heater.

He shows a picture of a Pd electroplated Nickel sample from before, because he read that Mizuno said you can put Pd on Nickel and so he used the same chemical solution to make electroplating on nickel. 2 cm^2 sample was first. He found neutron emission, but not heat.

He repeated this experiment recently with more quantity of material, the diameter of the sample was 4 cm with 0.5 gram Ni.

The resistance used 5-7.5 Ohms.

When first loading hydrogen in the chamber, he observed a small decrease in the pressure, so he let it alone. IN a few days, he saw the pressure decreasing slowly about 18 millibar. Decrease in pressure becomes more rapid on further loading.

Again he made a vacuum and filled the reactor with hydrogen again. After about 2 hours we had a rapid absorption, and the chemical increase of the temperature was clearly visible.

H/Ni ratio - Unexpectedly since ht first absorption an interesting ratio between hydrogen and nicekl atoms has been obtained. The weight of the Nickel sample is 0.5 grams which corresponds to 0.5/58.69 = ______________ moles.

Subsequent fillings were carried out after one the of higher H2 absorptions.

During one of these absorption periods, an anomalous emission of neutrons occurred. Overall, the amount of hydrogen absorbed (112 cc) was as to to bring ratio H/Ni to 1.18.

After a vacuum degassing by heating the material and absorption test with deuterium prepared, with D introduced at a Pressure of 1010 mbar. When the absorption reached about stability, the temperature sensor inside the reactor in contact with the sample recorded an increase in temperature; the temperature bounced up and down, the reaction producing a max of about 130 degrees. The thermal anomaly lasted for about 20 minutes.

The thermal anomaly begins in coincidence with the end of D2 absorption in the Pd. Max power produced was 7.1 Watts.

After this anomaly, the material did not show any deuterium absorption while going again to hydrogen a clear pressure decreawas confirmed more times. Continuing with other test using hydrogen the absorption decreased until it disappeared completely.

The probable cause is attributed to a clear palladium delamination, so it's not absorbing any more.

Even if a thin layer of Pd was deposited on a Titanium sample, a moderate absorption of Hydrogen was obtained only over 150 degrees.

So to conclude, even though D2 did not show absorption in the nickel, a clear episode of excess heat generation occurred at room temperature while the activation mechanism remains still undetermined.

Puzzling: No excess heat with H, but excess heat with D although there was no absorption.

• Official Post

Yasuhiro Iwamura talks about Excess Energy Generation using a Nano-sized Multilayer Metal Composite and Hydrogen Gas

He started at Mitsubishi using thin-films to detect transmutation. Now at Tohoku, he is working on nano-sized multilayer metal composites, mostly using nickel/copper.

Procedure:

1. Introduce samples into a chamber

2. baking of the samples for one or two days to remove water or other impurities

3. H2 Absorption (250C and 230Ps) H2 gas introduced.

4. Evacuate the chamber by TMP

5. Heat up the sample up to 500C.

6. Cool down the samples.

7. Repeat #3-#6 again.

Diffusion of hydrogen is one of the key factors to induce condensed matter nuclear reactions.

Diffusion of hydrogen cause by gradientC subH pertaining to evacuation and permeation,

and the gradientT of temperature.

Example 1 3 layers of Cu 2nm and Ni 14 nm

Example 2 now uses 6 layers (instead of 3) with everything else the same and they get 5.3 Watts power, larger than the Example 1 with three layers.

Example 3 6 layers Copper Nickel with Calcium Oxide. They put CaO into the nickel, and the excess power goes down.

Release excess per hydrogen > 1keV / H

He has also measured spontaneous heat bursts - with no significant change for input power and room temperature.

They do analysis on sample before and after activation to confirm key elements of the process. After heat generation, there are many new elements found with a non-uniform distribution. They are careful to distinguish between contaminants and reaction products. But he asks what is happening?

Fe and CR which could be supposed to be derived from stainless steel by sputtering is differently distributed.

Ratio of Cu/Ni got larger near the surface.

Max released energy 1.5 GJ/H-mol or 16 keV /H

Duration of excess heat is usually 1/2 day, but they can go two weeks making excess.

They have a plan -and funding- through 2022!!!!!

THANK YOU Clean Planet, NEDO, Tohoku, ELPH!

• As I see it, Iwamura's results resemble Mizuno's more than you might think. Both are Ni with layers of other metal. Both are loaded at surprisingly low pressure, and produce excess heat. Both researchers said that higher pressure did not enhance loading. On the surface the experiments seem dissimilar, but when you consider the mass of reactants the excess heat is in the same ball park. Iwamura has Ni - Cu - Ni - Cu layers. I wonder if Cu absorbs more H and expands faster than Ni, the way Pd does. If so, this supports the Storms theory.

Mastromatteo was also surprised at how much D or H the Ni was absorbing. He loads at 950 mbar (0.8 atm; 95,000 Pa).

• Official Post

As I see it, Iwamura's results resemble Mizuno's more than you might think. Both are Ni with layers of other metal. Both are loaded at surprisingly low pressure, and produce excess heat. Both researchers said that higher pressure did not enhance loading. On the surface the experiments seem dissimilar, but when you consider the mass of reactants the excess heat is in the same ball park. Iwamura has Ni - Cu - Ni - Cu layers. I wonder if Cu absorbs more H and expands faster than Ni, the way Pd does. If so, this supports the Storms theory.

Mastromatteo was also surprised at how much D or H the Ni was absorbing. He loads at 950 mbar (0.8 atm; 95,000 Pa).

One would think that everything happens at the spaces between the metals. The layering approach then favors these conditions. Mastromatteo result is also interesting and another testimony of how difficult can be to work in this without knowing what exactly triggers the reactions.

• Official Post

I missed the last session. Had to go to the room and chill. But now:

Mitchell Swartz presents Superhyperfine Structure of the Deuteron Line Emission from Active ZrO2PdD Heralds an FCC Vacancy

The first system to analyze is the Pd-D system using a two -terminal component NANOR or PHUSOR.

You have to use double Faraday cages must ground with a copper rod.
    In RF analysis, longer you look, the better the signal

Superhyperfine structure is the appearance of more sideband with increasing voltage but below avalanche.

There is a sideband drift with cause unknown.

The SHFDL Emission at 327.37 MHz from two active ZrO2 PdD components show an asymmetry of 7-15% which is actually a lesser amount than the masers situation.
    Also, the center line at 327.37 is not the strongest line, but another line at a lower frequency is. But he does not know why this is and is asking the community to suggest some reasons.
    At first it was a magnetic field situation, but Hagelstein said it wasn't, so they are still working on that.

The first closest SHFDL emission is at 327. 364 Mhz. This and the other sidebands are lining up with the FCC locations.

Sidebands indicate that the location of the excited state deuterium FCC vacancy.

The next system analyzed was with nickel and ordinary water.

The sidebands don't line up as well with either FCC or BCC locations, and the results need more analysis because there is a change in the nickel structure somehow.
    SHFDL analysis reveals unique pulsatile line.

Conclusion: Free radical deuterium are making helium-4 which generates the observed excess energy.

• Since some of the results seem to be consistent with my theory, let me clarify exactly what I propose.

I propose the NAE is a gap slightly wider than the normal distance between the planes of Pd atoms in the fcc structure. Such a gap can form at several different places in a structure. The gap can form between two different metals, for example between Pd and Ni, it can form between Pd and an inert material present as an inclusion, for example between Pd and CaO or B2O3, and can form at grain boundaries in the Pd structure. Once formed, this gap becomes populated by many hydrogen atoms (any isotope) by forming a chemical molecule as result of a normal chemical process. This chemical molecule, which I call the Hydroton, has the very unusual ability to cause fusion between the hydrogen atoms in the molecule. This molecule can also interact with surrounding atoms to cause their transmutation. The presence of hydrogen in the material causes dimensional changes that can cause these gaps to form. Consequently, hydrogen isotopes are both a fuel and also provide the mechanism by which the gaps are formed. The challenge is to keep the gaps from growing too wide for the Hydroton to form.

My explanation of the NAE is totally consistent with normal chemical and observed behavior. Once the NAE forms, the nuclear process begins without further intervention as long as hydrogen isotopes are present. The nature of this reaction is novel and not understood. Nevertheless, this unusual kind of nuclear reaction plays no role in causing or influencing the NAE. Formation of the NAE and the resulting nuclear process are two separate and independent events. This being the case, other molecules might become nuclear active under certain very rare and special circumstances. In other words, some of the behavior reported to cause transmutation might result thanks to this unusual ability of certain chemical molecules to support a nuclear process. This idea is new and will, I'm sure, blow the minds of some people. Pass the word and see what happens. :)

• It makes me think about the 81.924 MHz , 365.608 MHz , 533.688 MHz previously found to help excess heat in Pd D

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BockrisJtriggering.pdf

The Pd used by Bockris came from the same batch I used to make excess energy when I worked at LANL.

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEmeasuremena.pdf

This was the first example of an active batch of Pd being found to make excess energy by independent studies at laboratories in the US, Canada, Japan, and Italy using the Pd from this batch. Of course, this ability to reproduce LENR when an active batch was used was completely ignored by the skeptics.

The role of the RF is not clear. It could affect the rate of diffusion or the nuclear reaction itself.

• Since some of the results seem to be consistent with my theory, let me clarify exactly what I propose.

I propose the NAE is a gap slightly wider than the normal distance between the planes of Pd atoms in the fcc structure. Such a gap can form at several different places in a structure. The gap can form between two different metals, for example between Pd and Ni, it can form between Pd and an inert material present as an inclusion, for example between Pd and CaO or B2O3, and can form at grain boundaries in the Pd structure. Once formed, this gap becomes populated by many hydrogen atoms (any isotope) by forming a chemical molecule as result of a normal chemical process. This chemical molecule, which I call the Hydroton, has the very unusual ability to cause fusion between the hydrogen atoms in the molecule. This molecule can also interact with surrounding atoms to cause their transmutation. The presence of hydrogen in the material causes dimensional changes that can cause these gaps to form. Consequently, hydrogen isotopes are both a fuel and also provide the mechanism by which the gaps are formed. The challenge is to keep the gaps from growing too wide for the Hydroton to form.

My explanation of the NAE is totally consistent with normal chemical and observed behavior. Once the NAE forms, the nuclear process begins without further intervention as long as hydrogen isotopes are present. The nature of this reaction is novel and not understood. Nevertheless, this unusual kind of nuclear reaction plays no role in causing or influencing the NAE. Formation of the NAE and the resulting nuclear process are two separate and independent events. This being the case, other molecules might become nuclear active under certain very rare and special circumstances. In other words, some of the behavior reported to cause transmutation might result thanks to this unusual ability of certain chemical molecules to support a nuclear process. This idea is new and will, I'm sure, blow the minds of some people. Pass the word and see what happens. :)

Dear Ed.

The micro cavity is a source of LENR activity as you propose, but with the advent of LENR fuel, it has been found that the NAE is mobile. SEM micrographs from many experiments have shown that once the NAE has formed, it can move as a particle. Before me356 went dark, he shared with us some SEMs that show how the NAE can exit the place where it formed and move over a surface transmuting elements as it goes. See this here below. The evolution of elements from transmutation is shown by increased atomic weight as the transmutation tracks get whiter near the ends of the tracks. These tracks are forming on carbon tape.

https://www.lenr-forum.com/ima…zA5LzMtNzY4eDgxNi5qcGc%3D

3-768x816.jpg

• Keith Fredericks

http://restframe.com/mm/authors/keith-fredericks/

has presented his research on what he calls superluminal particles which are magnetic monopoles at ICCS22. I found the theory that underpins Keith's finding in a cosmology course from MIT.

It involves the formation of a topological defect in the Higgs field. This defect forms when a new Higgs field is created and the Higgs field combines with the new Higgs field. This defect in the Higgs field forms a magnetic monopole that is huge and powerful. A particle forms that has a mass of 10^20 protons or about a microgram. This energy level produces a Higgs field defect that meets the dense Higgs field level of 10^18GeV.

According to cosmology theory, monopoles from Higgs field cooling appeared about 2 hours after the big bang. We know that this monopoles can form in the present day to support LENR transmutation.

First, the particle is a Higgs field condensate and is tachyonic. The Higgs field is a tachyonic field. This means that the monopole is not superluminal but represents a disturbance in the Higgs field.

The lecture is informative from the start and is well worth the time to view it in total. It explains how the Higgs field fits into both the standard model and the standard cosmological model. It shows the math, and then it explains the way dissimilar Higgs field interact.

For your convenience, I placed the video pointer of the lecture at 52:58 to show the Higgs field spacifics.

This area of cosmology is well developed and can be accessed for further study by googling "topological defect in the higgs field"

Transmutation in LENR is caused by the "higgs abyss" (for further study google). The Higgs mechanism distorts the function of quarks due to their mass redefinition.

In my opinion, Keith's presentation is the most significant presentation of this conference and reveals the true nature of the NAE and the science that supports it.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Keith Fredericks.

tm 58.09 "the absolutely full and probably correct answer is we don't know"

58.40"But we can as physicists are fond of doing is ..we can parametrize our ignorance"

Experimental verification is difficult at the origin of the universe

Hopefully there is more exptal evidence for supraluminal and monopoles.

The present exptal evidence relies on assumptions.

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/201907.0181/v1/download

• What is interesting about Keith Fredericks findings is that these monopoles form spontaneously from the environment. Keith Fredericks calls these particles cosmic background. He shows them as the agent that produce tracks (strange radiation) where matter loss occurs.

• From a laymans point of view, have there been any updates or announcements or gossip on the status of the projects run by Gates, Anthropocene, IH or any others in respect of meaningful progress to market, or is everything going to go dark again for another year?

While the science and ensuing technical debates are interesting in themselves, many who follow LENR are hoping for a product that will make a significant impact.

• Official Post

rubycarat

Did you catch whether Tanzella's calibration runs are done with the pulse generator ON or OFF? If it's off for calibration and on for a test run, then that is a potential problem because pulse generators can make lots of electrical noise which measuring instruments may see as signal.

I am sorry, I did not catch that. I am not sure if he's left yet, but if I see him, I'll ask. I would imagine that they have taken this into account, because they have had to defend against critics for so long, but I did not hear that specifically.

• Official Post

From a laymans point of view, have there been any updates or announcements or gossip on the status of the projects run by Gates, Anthropocene, IH or any others in respect of meaningful progress to market, or is everything going to go dark again for another year?

While the science and ensuing technical debates are interesting in themselves, many who follow LENR are hoping for a product that will make a significant impact.

Unfortunately, there is zero coming from Texas Tech. I do not have any info on their status.

There was mostly scientific research here, and the labs attempting a prototype have not shown up, excepting the Clean Planet/Tohoku crew (I think), which presented modest heat gains (see Iwamura's notes).

• Official Post

I think you will all agree Ruby is doing a wonderful job, she has been tireless in pursuit of news of interesting new developments.

I am joining a little crowd of other attendees Including David Fojt on the 11.30 Assisi-Rome train and then the airport bus. Home in time for a late dinner all being well. My feeling, taken from the mood of the conference is that there is a new spirit of optimism in in the air and that before the next decade is out LENR will be ubiquitous.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.