ICCF-22 (Sept. 8-13) News/reports/opinions

• Official Post

Outside of a Farady cage , he gets a high signal, and inside, he gets a blazing signal.

The NANOR, when connected to a voltage emits a very narrow band of RF signal.

There is resonance broading 1/r^3 fall off, indicating probable Fcc vacancy.

LANR electrolytic cell "Mother of all Cathodes" MOAC was ran at Lincoln Lab for months, showing a 43% loss of D. it was quiet until Iccf21 because they were looking for neutrinos (and didn't find any, and weren't interested in the deuterium loss).

This device gives as much as 70 Watts of excess power, when driven at the right state.

It sits in a resonant maser cavity.

Ni/H2O/Pt gets going and makes pulsatile lines, and it is only associated when there is an active CF system. he wants to build a movie of it to show better the changes.

There appears to be some kind of inter-movement between the lines, but he asks, is this mode locking? Probably not, because in mode locking, the cavity is hundreds of wavelengths, but with MOAC, there is only a single mode. Also transit times in mode locking do not match those of this one. Also, these pulses here appear as almost step functions , different than mode locking pulses.

He will continue this avenue of research and says to everyone "do not give up" and he encourages people to look at the other frequencies in this space.

John Wallace said that all the magnetic fields could be causing precession, and to put the whole thing in an iron box to quiet the intermovements.

• Official Post

Jacques Ruer on Hydrinos

He begins with Randell Mills proposal about hydrinos, shrunk objects composed of proton and an electron orbiting at a much lower level than the fundamental state.

Several methods are proposed to test the hydrinos theory; one is gas chromatograph, which indicates peaks at levels lighter than hydrogen.

If hydrinos exist and behave as claimed by Mills, we must test their capability to escape a metallic container. He describes the experimental setup to do so, and asks if this experiment would prove the theory of hydrinos, taking a survey ( a few hands raise ).

Jean-Paul says the experiment is easy to do on powerpoint, but very difficult in reality.

• Official Post

Huang C Temperature Dependence of Maximum Excess Power in 3 New Experiments (Letts, Parkhomov, & Mizuno)

At ICCF21, the resonant surface capture model was proposed to relate to the inelastic process of excess heat.

After ICCF21, three sets of data were available to test the model, Letts, Parkhovmov and Mizuno

Letts's Duel laser stimulation, Parkhomov's nickel hydrogen heat generator continuously working for 7 months, and Mizuno and Rothweels Excess Heat from Pd Deposited on Nickel were analyzed

Only the max excess power for each temperature follows this straight line behaviror. It implies a hidden variable which controls the excess power at each given temperature.

So, Huang says the resonant surface capture model may work for high Z materials to explain this, as well as Miley and Iwamura's work too.

• Official Post

Buoyant heat transport can produce unreliable estimates of heat generation by Mitchell Swartz

Ruer showed how in air flow calorimetry you must have temperature T1 and T2 at the same height because he buoyancy effect is real and vortices are set up. With increased temperature, the effect is worse.

Swartz says he previously experimented and show that the temperature can go up several degrees (in his experiment).

Beginning with conservation of mass, momentum, and energy, Stokes' equation is derived.

The effect comes from expansion of fluid. The Boousand (sp) Approximation means you can skip gravity.(?)

How to correct it?

First, Eta subB is the ratio of heat transported by bouyant forces to the heat transported by the applied solution convection. If this ratio is greater than zero it needs correction.

C sub p * deltaT * v sub c * eta sub B

is the term to subtract. The eta subB is the most important term.

He says when you do calibration, put a square wave in your system. If you don't get a square wave out, you can not trust your calorimeter.

• Official Post

Dave Nagel Summarizes ICC22 Conference

"It was an intellectual feast."

A buffet table set with chemistry, physics, ..... and beyond. In breadth and in depth, it was full of exciting things.

Nagel says his years of normal science, conferences were homogeneous. But now, these conferences are exciting and synergistic.

Experiments fall into two categories, old and new experiments. It's good to see the progress on old experiments, and also see the sophistication of these experiments.

It is possible to instigate nuclear reactions at ordinary energies. We are all re-thinking nuclear science. It remains a mess - which is not knock - but a description of the field. No one sees the whole picture yet, and there are so many different observations, and so many theories. Eventually, someone will win a Nobel prize for discovering the mechanism behind this.

One of the fascination is, is this going to be a winner take all? This field takes decades to play - it's not like watching a movie.

ICCF-22 concentrated on science but there were engineering topics too. This field will evolve eventually to doing more engineering and business.

"We must communicate with the outside world," as Michael McKubre says.

We can have small units, we don't have to have a centralized giant power plant, we can have small units with zero-carbon.

• and the labs attempting a prototype have not shown up, excepting the Clean Planet/Tohoku crew (I think), which presented modest heat gains (see Iwamura's notes).

I would not call that a prototype. It is still an experiment. The heat is 5 W which:

1. Would have been considered very high power back in the 1990s.

2. Can be measured with enormous confidence at a very high s/n ratio, because the calorimetry is excellent.

3. Is high power given the small size of this device. I think it is about as much as Mizuno's 250 W measured per square centimeter.

4. I believe it appears every time. Completely reproducible.

Overall, an excellent result. As I said before, it is very interesting that it only loads and produces heat at very low pressure, comparable to Mizuno's report.

• I did listen to many great new experiment talks (one Swiss one!!). Also Ruby did a great work with here summaries.

But: To much old useless ideas related to SM -LENR modelling and other fantasies were presented the 10th or even more time...

To many speakers did lack college level physics skills like the fact that there is no magnetic force coupling... (needs charge..). Others forget the magnetic energy/force term (in Zitterbewegung) as SM never used it...

Collective forces were presented by many speakers without explaining why this should work in a mixed isotope grid...(Allows only low Q's: Thus all this was nonsense if it's presented as classically potential based = phonon spring constant coupling).

Hagelstein still does not see the difference between up-scaling and down scaling of "LENR" energy - the coupling is different...Upsacling works because an additional force is provided that enhances coupling, but down-scaling has no potential coupling at all. (Dense hydrogen is collapsed an no longer attaches to the grid the elctron(S) is off etc...

Theory will only make progress if more people understand that magnetism is the dominating force as we may daily see when we look at the sun.

One other problem was that to many talks were given by the old guard that currently has no real connention to LENR problem solving. Also the sessions were limmited to 30' what is more or less like giving a sales pitch... Good work like Swarz's, Klimov should get 60,90' at once and should not be split in 3 parts.

I hope the next conference is more focussed on LENR and "real" models needed to help the experimenters.

• yes, Alan Smith thank you for making my come back to France much more enjoyable than expected, Lenr field remains also nice meetings.

Thanks too for intensive course in English :)

I think you will all agree Ruby is doing a wonderful job, she has been tireless in pursuit of news of interesting new developments.

I am joining a little crowd of other attendees Including David Fojt on the 11.30 Assisi-Rome train and then the airport bus. Home in time for a late dinner all being well. My feeling, taken from the mood of the conference is that there is a new spirit of optimism in in the air and that before the next decade is out LENR will be ubiquitous.

• Now, after a good night's sleep, i share too my overview.

Globally, so much common points with Wyttenbach understandings.

However, what impressed me the most was the massive presence of "Team USA".

There were both Lenr researchers as well as conventional nuclear's researchers too.

I think it's pretty positive, however from another side, we should understand too that energy needs, especially clean become huge and a priority.

We won't be able snub new energy solutions even esoteric, it remains my main feeling from this ICCF.

It doesn't mean anymore that "team USA" waters Lenr world everywhere by their money.

What's left in the rest of the world ? Only hotspots, the brave old ones like Celani, Klimov, new ones appear such as Slobodan Stankovic or ARGAL compagny.

They remain my prognosis to represent the future of Lenr Field.

Powders ways represent the current Lenr technical credibility, however, I think that this way will be now very quickly over, surpassed by promising thin films, foams, meshes (understanding improved) then also we have to consider closer the new plasma technical ways.

No particular presence either of India or China.

However about China, they will organize the next ICCF in January 2021.

DF

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Dear Ed.

The micro cavity is a source of LENR activity as you propose, but with the advent of LENR fuel, it has been found that the NAE is mobile. SEM micrographs from many experiments have shown that once the NAE has formed, it can move as a particle. Before me356 went dark, he shared with us some SEMs that show how the NAE can exit the place where it formed and move over a surface transmuting elements as it goes. See this here below. The evolution of elements from transmutation is shown by increased atomic weight as the transmutation tracks get whiter near the ends of the tracks. These tracks are forming on carbon tape.

https://www.lenr-forum.com/ima…zA5LzMtNzY4eDgxNi5qcGc%3D

Axil, although this is a very unique picture, I suggest it has no relationship to LENR. This looks like a material that was placed at low temperature in an atmosphere from which crystals of solid condensed and grow at active sites on the surface.

If the NAE is proposed to move, the mechanism must be consistent with how we know materials behave. The movement of materials, which would be involved in the movement of the NAE, is not novel and is not open to speculation as is the nuclear mechanism on which LENR is based. In other words, LENR is novel because of its nuclear process, not as result of how the NAE forms or behaves. The NAE forms by a conventional process and behaves like a conventional process. Therefore, it would not behave as shown in the picture. I suggest, something else is happening to cause this behavior.

• Back from ICCF i don't think that NAE appaers inside the bulk, but only inside cracks or really better at metal ( or not) interface.

Why ? Mastromatteo reaches high loading Pd onto Ni substrat up to 90 ! That means that D is rather trapped at Pd/Ni interface.

However some Pd/Ti attemps are very more difficult to load at high rate. I suggest that Ti hydrides are formed at interface and close up path to D flux up to interface.

• Axil, although this is a very unique picture, I suggest it has no relationship to LENR. This looks like a material that was placed at low temperature in an atmosphere from which crystals of solid condensed and grow at active sites on the surface.

If the NAE is proposed to move, the mechanism must be consistent with how we know materials behave. The movement of materials, which would be involved in the movement of the NAE, is not novel and is not open to speculation as is the nuclear mechanism on which LENR is based. In other words, LENR is novel because of its nuclear process, not as result of how the NAE forms or behaves. The NAE forms by a conventional process and behaves like a conventional process. Therefore, it would not behave as shown in the picture. I suggest, something else is happening to cause this behavior.

Dear Ed.

A scanning electron microscope (SEM) is a type of electron microscope that produces images of a sample by scanning the surface with a focused beam of electrons. The electrons interact with atoms in the sample, producing various signals that contain information about the surface topography and composition of the sample.

Like interpreting an X-ray, SEM analysis is based on a relationship between the degree of whiteness as a gauge of atomic weight of the element. In this SEM micrograph, the base element (dark background) is carbon. As the tracks progress, transmutation proceeds as elements are transmuted to ever heavier elements starting from a carbon baseline to elements like aluminum, calcium, titanium, and the whitest elements at the far end of the tracks, iron.

Here is another SEM micrograph that shows a mobile NAE moving across a copper oxide surface making holes in that substrate as it hops along,

ipg7uAmG1baL_rXmDCXYeJUHk3b3x_iox9pc8dbcSQygeJ4T_k6iVGtG1W1yHE37pzUprIf2iRWqsjcJckyaoSEklTrOCHlQQYtxssebYE7hTKifKqO3MRHc5hBvxxKdgyJ5xD_VdpJazcs-NSAUZigsgNs=s0-d-e1-ft

This special purpose SEM shows the top of the holes in blue and the bottom of the holes in red.

lion2-2kx-3D.jpg

• Dear Ed.

A scanning electron microscope (SEM) is a type of electron microscope that produces images of a sample by scanning the surface with a focused beam of electrons.

axil : I belive Ed doesn't need such teaching!

The crater you see of micrometer size only happens if a large collective of D-D reactions "blows up" at the same time. This fact is known since 20 years from sono-fusion with "to low" frequency.

Mastromatteo reaches high loading Pd onto Ni substrat up to 90 ! That means that D is rather trapped at Pd/Ni interface.

The unique feature of the Ni - Dx -D*-D*-Pd interface is the fact that D*-D* is promoted by Pd whereas spin-coupled Hydrogen "rotators" are promoted by Nickel. Thus in such a sandwich multiple layers of different Hydrogen structures may coexist. This is optimal because the D*-D* structure is a nuclear bond (weak force in SO(4)) that can only interact with the hydrogen spin-orbit or photon orbit (what is the same in SO(4)).

I expect that we will see (LENR) success within one year as this isotopic combination is one of the few possible ones that fullfills all necessary condtions for (soft-) downscaling D*-D*excess energy to the phonon level.

• Unluckily most attendees of ISCMNS Assisi missed the post conference culinary trip “through” Tuscany. I believe that culture/living is an integral part of live and only people with such an understanding are able to survive the hard live of 5 days lectures.., that were loaded with a mixture of thrill & (s)kill.

Our last pit stop was in “Cecina ristaurante Scacciapensieri”. We had a sudden runaway reaction after three astonishing dishes, what could only be stopped by coffee and grappa.

Now I understand why ITER is built in south of France...That also was a nice refuge for F&P.

(Sorry quite off topic..)

• It's probably off-topic to continue the discussion here, but would the Hydroton be expected to be stable outside the the NAE once formed, at least for a limited period of time? Since it's been sometimes compared to metallic hydrogen (which is sometimes predicted to be a metastable compound that can exist at normal pressures after its formation), if something in the process may move in the environment, then it would be this novel chemical structure formed, which might happen to be independent from both the nuclear reactions and its origin.

• You are working with Russ George on various LENR reactors that all use fuel prepared by Russ. Have you ever looked at that fuel with a SEM? Have you ever got a reactor to work without using LENR fuel? What is in that fuel that makes it LENR active? Have you ever researched that question? Have you ever seen tracks in the structure of the reactor?

• The micro cavity is a source of LENR activity as you propose, but with the advent of LENR fuel, it has been found that the NAE is mobile. SEM micrographs from many experiments have shown that once the NAE has formed, it can move as a particle. Before me356 went dark, he shared with us some SEMs that show how the NAE can exit the place where it formed and move over a surface transmuting elements as it goes. See this here below. The evolution of elements from transmutation is shown by increased atomic weight as the transmutation tracks get whiter near the ends of the tracks. These tracks are forming on carbon tape.

https://www.lenr-forum.com/ima…zA5LzMtNzY4eDgxNi5qcGc%3D

3-768x816.jpg

That's why I think a micro chip approach makes solid state LENR valid, because you can create macroscopic reaction sites that hold the active agent/catalyst. Also with adaptation of lab on a chip technology fuel can be piped in with microtubes. Due to mass production processes and cheap source materials once the chips burn out in a year or so you replace them like a printer ink cartridge. Any transmutation products get smelted out during the recycling process. I can dream 😂.

Was interesting following this!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.